Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mystery Ahoof

+6
sunbeam
Paper Shadow
conantheghost
Lapis-Lazily
Crystalite
Copper Rose
10 posters

Page 3 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16 ... 30  Next

Go down

Mystery Ahoof - Page 3 Empty Re: Mystery Ahoof

Post  ZamuelNow Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:00 pm

Beams blushed once more. "Gosh, you're such a flatterer.  You mentioned you grow plants, what kind?" Upon hearing the detective speak up, Beams' attention was once again diverted. "Oh my, a real investigation, caper, or whodunit wasn't what I expected but this might be exciting..."
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:15 pm

"Yeah," comments Silver, although not with much excitement. He wanted to enjoy the day, and being locked inside a pub was not a part of the plan. "But there's nothing much we can do other than wait and talk. Anyway, I grow anything my customers need. If they provide the seed, I'll have the plant fully bloomed before they know it. I can also do trees and help restore plants to health." The stallion takes a drink, hoping to himself that Beams doesn't push for further information...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:31 am

A pony nudges Stacked Deck and points out the window. "Hey, what's up with that mare? Who is she? Do you think she might be the thief?"
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Lapis-Lazily Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:45 am

"Huh, what?" Stacked Deck mutters as the mare breaks his concentration. He looks over to the window where she's pointing and sees River. Oh great. This couldn't end well for her. He rushes over to the window and opens it, frustration clear on his face. "What in tartarus are you doing back here? I told you to stay with Poe! It was a safety thing. At this point I don't have many other options. I can't protect you out there. Plus, there's been a string of theft in here you just looking in from the window is worrying ponies. I'm going to need you to come back in here, and don't even think of running off again, or I'll assume it's because you're guilty and issue a warrant for your arrest. Can you climb through the window?"
Lapis-Lazily
Lapis-Lazily
Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:56 am

Overhearing what Stacked Deck said to the mare, the pony blinks. "Um, you do realise the door is still open, right? Why should she need to come in through the window?"
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Lapis-Lazily Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:14 am

"Because I said the door would stay shut, and stay shut it shall. At least until I'm reasonably sure the thief isn't still here."
Lapis-Lazily
Lapis-Lazily
Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:26 am

"Hey, does that mean we can leave through the windows as well?" calls out Silver jokingly towards the self-proclaimed detective...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:55 am

"What in tartarus are you doing back here? I told you to stay with Poe! It was a safety thing. At this point I don't have many other options. I can't protect you out there. Plus, there's been a string of theft in here you just looking in from the window is worrying ponies. I'm going to need you to come back in here, and don't even think of running off again, or I'll assume it's because you're guilty and issue a warrant for your arrest. Can you climb through the window?"

Quick Check:

River nodded silently as she climbed into the window. Truthfully, she wasn't sure why she had run away; she just.... had.

"'M sorry," she whispered. She went and sat in a corner quietly, eyes roving over everything...

'Nother Check:
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Lapis-Lazily Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:29 pm

"Oh yes, you can try to leave through the windows at any time. Of course, if you do, I would assume you were guilty and arrest you on the spot."
Lapis-Lazily
Lapis-Lazily
Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:53 pm

"Are... Are you sure you're a police officer? I may be from out of town, but this just doesn't seem like logical actions for an officer of the law." The pony takes a step back, giving Stacked Deck a sidelong look.
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:58 pm

Crow rises an eyebrow at Stacked. "He has a point you are not acting like any officer of the law that I have ever seen.How do we know you are real?"

Last edited by tygerburningbright on Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Lapis-Lazily Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:58 pm

"I must admit I can be unconventional at times. I'm rather new at all this. The lock-down might be a bit much, but one can never be to careful. Allow me to introduce myself properly. I am Detective Stacked Deck, expert on criminal minds. I mostly deal with theft, scams, cons, and other such schemes. I'm good at my job because I know all the tricks and how cons think. The actual officer would be my partner, Blue Poe. He should be arriving at any moment. Then we can clear this up and send you all home. I sincerely doubt the thief is still here."
Lapis-Lazily
Lapis-Lazily
Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:15 pm

Blue Poe walks up to Dancing Rivers with a very confused and concerned look on his face. "Why did you run away like that? And why did you come-" He looks inside at what Stacked deck is doing and face-hooves. "What in Equestria are you doing!?" He walks through the open door into the bar, gesturing for Dancing Rivers to follow.
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Lapis-Lazily Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:18 pm

"Oh come now, Poe. This is hardly the dumbest thing I've done. Remember the thief I strung up on the light pole? That was fun."
Lapis-Lazily
Lapis-Lazily
Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:21 pm

"Oh, I remember that all too well. I also remember that the pony you strung up was the victim, and not the thief. Anyway, did you put this place on lockdown? Why?"
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Lapis-Lazily Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:43 pm

"Because the thief might still be here. If he is, we can grab him. If he's not an idiot and is actually gone, then we know all these ponies didn't do it."
Lapis-Lazily
Lapis-Lazily
Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:35 am

Blue Poe facehooves again. "If you keep overreacting like this, you could get your badge suspended." He sighs, and addresses all the ponies in the pub. "I am sorry for the interruption to your day that my partner has presented, he is still on probation and is prone to... unwise decisions. This pub is no longer under lockdown, please continue your business as usual." Poe walks over to Stacked Deck. "I know that you may be a consultant for major crimes, but petty theft is can often be on an individual basis. Remember this, maybe?"

Last edited by Copper Rose on Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Lapis-Lazily Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:19 am

"You know what, I know what I did wrong this time. I based my police actions on that one time I pretended to be a cop in a bar after stealing a guy's watch. I did the whole lockdown things and slowly stole from each pony in the bar except one guy. I even pretended to have something stolen from me and slipped a few things into the poor saps pocket. I figured the whole thing would work if I just did it to find the thief instead of being the thief. My mistake. I'll stop basing protocol off of previous scams."
Lapis-Lazily
Lapis-Lazily
Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:43 am

As the second police officer explained things, Beams calmly trotted over to the unicorn mare sitting near Brass Wing. "Forgive my intrusion but what does your ring look like?  While most of this should be handled by the authorities, I can at least be on the lookout in case I see it."
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:36 am

"It's a simple silver band with a few small diamonds in it. It looks older than I do, but that's because it was my great granddam's wedding ring as well. I don't think it could have been stolen, since the last place I saw it was on my horn, but it means everything to me." The unicorn smiles at Beams, glad that somepony is actually being logical.

Blue Poe sighs. "Well, I guess that explains it. Our shift is almost over anyway, so how about we come back here for a drink - juice, no alcohol, I've heard that story far too often - after we quit for the day?"
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Lapis-Lazily Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:47 am

"That does sound good, but first thing's first," he says turning to River. "Despite my blunder here, I really am quite good at solving larger cases. I'm not good at being a cop, but I am good at thinking like a criminal. That goes a long way in most cases. As for you, I think it's finally time we got you back to the station to figure out this murder."
Lapis-Lazily
Lapis-Lazily
Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:00 am

"There's been a murder?!"
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Lapis-Lazily Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:03 am

"Nope! I'm talking about murder because I watched a crime drama last night and it's stuck in my head. But actually, there's been a possible murder. A body has been sighted. Whether or not foul play is at hoof is yet to be seen."
Lapis-Lazily
Lapis-Lazily
Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  conantheghost Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:03 am

"'As for me?' I'm sorry, but you interupted me during the middle of my break," Brass sighs. "If you intend on getting anything done, this is not the way to do it. You claim to be better at large cases, but you aren't even trying very hard," he continues, then approaches the unicorn mare.

He suddenly plucks a few string of multi-colored hair from her coat after looking her over, then nods. "These could be from her burglar. Furthermore, you weren't even asking the right question. Did anypony pass closely in front of you lately? Have you felt a tingle on your horn, as if it was being lifted off? If so, ho long ago? Finally, does anypony know about your ring who might want it from you? The most common culprit for thefts as such is usually close to the victim."
conantheghost
conantheghost
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:14 am

"Did any-" "Crystal! There you are! I thought you'd be at home, but I guess the good weather tempted you, didn't it?" A joval stallion enters the pub, trotting over to the unicorn mare and sitting down next to her. She blushes, and scratches her head, concealing the base of her horn with her mane. "Honey! You're off work early! What a pleasant surprise!" She turns back to Brass Wing, eyes flicking back to the stallion who just joined them. "Uh, could we... Could we talk about this later?"
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16 ... 30  Next