Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fever Enigmatic

+4
AProcrastinatingWriter
sunbeam
mjh6
ZamuelNow
8 posters

Page 26 of 30 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

Go down

Fever Enigmatic - Page 26 Empty Re: Fever Enigmatic

Post  Crystalite Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:49 pm

"I spent the next several years as a field medic on a boot camp; can't remember which. Never saw combat, unless you count the one time we dropped everything and fought a forest fire for three days. Then I decided I'd had enough and left."
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:34 pm

"Hm." Sunset Stroll says, in a different tone, trying to piece together a timeline of what he'd heard so far. A small detail of a previous statement, that he had completely missed, suddenly jumped out at him. "You said...bad luck helped you? ...Is that a pony or...something else?"
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:23 pm

"Heh, you caught on quicker than most. Yes, Bad Luck is a pony... And also something else..."

She stared down at the wash basin, ready to accept dirty laundry. "...I'm sorry. I wanted to get my cape washed... But, uhm..." She struggled as she tried to make herself say it. "I'd rather... I mean, it's not... Ugh!" She sat down, holding her face in her hooves.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:53 pm

Sunset Stroll's eyebrows were scrunched as he tries to figure out what could possibly lead a pony to be fearful of nudity, but Marvel's frustrated exclamation clears his head, and in the moment of clarity he glances down at his own vest, lengthened to hide the mark on his flank. He sat there for a long moment, leaving Marvel prostrate as he digests how to deal with someone wanting to keep their cutie mark a secret. He can't leave the room, he has to tend to Winter. The wash basin's not going anywhere. Eventually, he sighs, adds a little more juice to Winter's mouth, and walks up to Marvel, laying a hoof across her back. "Whatever you're worried about, it's not going to change how I see you." He says gently, being very careful not to slip into his comforting voice. Doctors always hated his comforting voice. "And if it's a secret, nobody else will know. I promise."

OOC:
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:25 am

Marvel looked up at Sunset's touch. ....No. I don't believe...

She stopped herself. Why was her first reaction to what seemed like a sincere promise an immediate assumption of dishonesty? Since when was Sunset untrustworthy? She had already trusted somepony significantly less trustable (Even if Fairy Charmer was blessedly fuzzy on the details) so why not Sunset?

But still! she argued with herself. I can't just...

The solution presented itself when she noticed Sunset's own cape. She gently removed his hoof. "...Promise you'll take yours off too."
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:57 am

Sunset's mind reels like a film projector about to set fire to its reel. Marvelous Misfortune always knew how to say the things he wasn't prepared for. He could laugh it off, he supposed. Act like a normal, average nurse, who was just a little sensitive about his wholly non-medical cutie mark. But he'd done that before. He was sick of it. Acting wasn't supposed to be his life. You weren't supposed to have to act your life! And really, who better to tell than someone you can trade secrets with?

"...Alright."
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:26 am

Marvel nodded, standing up and taking a step back.

She reached up and undod the clasp at her neck. "I have never wanted this. I didn't choose it," she said in a low tone, reaching back and slowly pulling the cape off.

She turned so that Sunset could see. A three leaf clover, circled by thirteen daggers, sitting like a warning sign against her charcoal coat.

She turned back to the wash basin, dropping her cape in with an odd reverance. "When you asked who Bad Luck was, I said he was a pony, and also something else. My special talent... It's bad luck. Misfortune," she whispered, stopping to sniff back a forming tear. "I can't control it. Disasters happened around me all the time... And then Bad Luck - the pony - found me," She turned back to Sunset. "He understood. He helped me understand. And when it was obvious I still couldn't really control it, he put a special block in my mind that keeps it in check," she explained, pointing at her head for emphasis. "That sinkhole in my backyard? I did that. The shattered window at the Party? That was my talent working against me. Same deal with the oven when I got here - but don't tell the Triplets that. I don't know why, but my block is slipping, and it's only going to get worse," she said, plopping down as she started scrubbing her cape against the wash board. She stared up at Sunset expectantly, as if to say it was his turn.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:41 pm

Sunset Stroll processes a lot of potential questions very quickly, knowing instinctively not to stare at the angry-looking mark on her flank. To her, it undoubtedly felt worse than a marathoner with a broken leg. But he recognizes the urgency to move on in her gaze, and sets his questions aside. "We'll trade stories, then questions." He announces aloud. He undoes the buttons on his vest and pulls the entire jacket off, revealing a ring of dozens of actors masks on his flank, every face tweaked in a subtly different position. He looks back at it, successfully isolating the judgemental mask, the crying mask, and the mask of uproarious laughter. He idly wonders which masks Marvel can see out of the collection; it changed from person to person, and from time to time. "There once was a stallion named Marelowe..." He began...
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:22 pm

((At Sunbeam's request, this part of the conversation has been censored. I will edit this post if/when something relevant happens Done.))

Marvel slipped the vest on for size. It was a thick, woolen thing in a dark red color. "Thank you, this'll work well," she said to Sunset, who had brought it from some dark corner of a closet. She turned back to the wash basin, pulling the soaking wet cape out and hanging it on a hook. "Speaking of Summer. Shouldn't she be getting back soon? I'm not sure how far away her house is, but it doesn't take long to march from one end of town to the other."

Last edited by Crystalite on Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:05 am

Spoiler:

"Apple Bright" marched into town at a nervous trot, matching her nervous expression. And why wouldn't she be nervous? Burglary was uncommon enough, but what if the perpetrator had broken into a home with foals? And what if they had been home?

So... Nervous. Worried. And maybe a little angry.

"Apple Bright" slipped into the back of the crowd at the crime scene.
"Poor Ivy," she said quietly, just loud enough to be heard by the pony next to her. "Is she alright?"
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:15 am

Crystalite wrote:((At Sunbeam's request, this part of the conversation has been censored. I will edit this post if/when something relevant happens Done.))

Marvel slipped the vest on for size. It was a thick, woolen thing in a dark red color. "Thank you, this'll work well," she said to Sunset, who had brought it from some dark corner of a closet. She turned back to the wash basin, pulling the soaking wet cape out and hanging it on a hook. "Speaking of Summer. Shouldn't she be getting back soon? I'm not sure how far away her house is, but it doesn't take long to march from one end of town to the other."

"Maybe something delayed her along the way. Speaking of, what was Fluffy Crust here for? I smelled the honey for a moment from the back."
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:43 am

Summer swallowed. to steady herself. "Winter went off by himself down a sinkhole that popped up earlier today, and got poisoned by some Venin Apple Roots. He's going to be fine, but he needs to stay at the emergency room overnight."
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:55 am

"My understanding? Somepony in a panic nearly bowled her over, and that's how she reacted. Although that reminds me," Marvel responded. "Why hasn't her house been outright condemned if there's literally chunks of coeling falling off? Really seems like the sort of thing somepony really ought to be looking into."
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:52 pm

Sunset Stroll shrugs. "As far as anybody knows, she's immune to her house's ire, and I guess Sun Rush just figures that if someone can safely live in the house, it's cheaper than taking it down. I really have no idea why she keeps inviting people inside, though."
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:37 pm

The Glow Triplets nodded to "Apple Bright" but seemed a little agitated.
"She's not hurt but she's pretty shaken up."
"You'd probably get more details from Sun or Midnight."
"I wanna know who's sneaking around and being deceitful.  I'd give them a piece of my mind!"

Summer's parents initially stared in horror but slightly calmed down upon hearing he'd be okay.  As they rapidly put things away, Autumn Day said, "Even though he's recovering, we're going to at least stop by.  Could you do us a favor and walk Pepper Cheer home?"
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:20 pm

"So long as that's all you give them.""Apple Bright" sighed, and shook her head. "Violence is never the answer, Copper, even if some pony deserves it..."

"It's just so hard to imagine anyone doing this. This has always been such a quiet town..."

She paused, fidgeting with her glasses. She glanced at the triplets, frowning.
"Girls... Have any of you seen anything... I don't know, strange, recently?" She fidgeted again, setting the frames straight. "It's just... You three fly all over town. I'd have thought that if anyone might see anything odd, or any pony being deceitful, it would be you."

TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:41 am

"You aren't blaming us are you?"
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:34 pm

"Of course not."

"I think I know you three better than that,"
... and it was 'think', because Fairy suddenly realised she had no idea if the triplets had ever attended school, much less Apple Brights class. Still, she carried on. "You might get into trouble or accidents, but fooling around with the weather or dropping something isn't the same as breaking and entering, and it especially isn't the same as watching the victim of the robbery crying."
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:30 pm

"Hmm." Silver Glow pondered for a moment, then waved her hoof at Sun Rush, "It may be nothing but I have an idea. What if a changeling did it? They'd be perfect at sneaking in and while they might not need the money, the disruption would help them go unnoticed." The crowd began to murmur as the idea sank in.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:46 pm

Summer took a deep breath. As much as she wanted to hurry back to Winter, he was in good hooves right now, and her parents had a right to go see him. "Sure
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:59 pm

Apple Bright twisted with her glasses, looking nervous at the suggestion. That was a natural response; Changelings were disgusting, creepy and so good at hiding you wouldn't know one even if it was right under your nose.
Fairy Charmers brain started turning.

"Unfortunatly, not every bad pony is a changeling,"she said, "but it's definitely something to consider. It's definitely better than thinking some pony who actually lives here, and knows Ivy is responsible. Though," she dropped her voice an octave, "maybe we should be a little quieter about it. If I was Mayor Rush, I don't think I don't think I'd like the idea of my little ponies going on a bug hunt. Even if it was true. It might cause a little bit of... panic."
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:40 pm

Gold Glow frowned, "What do you suggest we do then?  I mean, unless you're a changeling, there's nothing else that makes sense right now."

The walk was mostly quiet and uneventful, though a commotion could be heard deeper in town.  Eventually, Pepper Cheer asked, "Was Winter okay because he's different?"
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:01 pm

Summer stiffened slightly at Pepper's question, but forced herself to stay calm. Pepper could just mean his problems with his wings. Maybe.

"Oh, nothing like that. He just snagged on a Venin Tree root, while exploring a sinkhole. The doctors think that treatment with Zap Apple juice for the next few hours should make him better."
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:47 pm

"Okay.

Venin Apples scare me. I'm glad he's okay."
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:45 pm

sunbeam wrote:Sunset Stroll shrugs. "As far as anybody knows, she's immune to her house's ire, and I guess Sun Rush just figures that if someone can safely live in the house, it's cheaper than taking it down. I really have no idea why she keeps inviting people inside, though."

"Huh. I'll be sure to steer clear," Marvel responded, glancing back at her Cutie Mark as she said it. "Seems rather careless of Sun Rush, though."
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 30 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next