Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sun Sets

+6
deonte9109
Fury of the Tempest
Copper Rose
A1C Bronymous
Paper Shadow
Cardbo
10 posters

Page 18 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Sun Sets - Page 18 Empty Re: The Sun Sets

Post  Cardbo Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:09 pm

Storm signs the document.
Cardbo
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:42 pm

After Storm signs the document, he mentions. "By the way, you wouldn't have any Red Oak, would you? Its an essential ingredient in my cure."

OOC: I was really hoping the tea would be Red Oak, but with that crit fail, I've no idea.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:57 pm

"Oh, I'm not entirely sure. I'm not so much an apothecary, but we do keep some alchemical ingredients on hand, for various purposes. When Juniper gets back, feel free to ask, she'll show you around and see if she cant attend to your needs. Please don't hesitate to call on her for anything while you're here." With that, Quick Fix exits the room, shutting the door behind him. You can hear it lock.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:47 am

"Uh oh..." Gearick muttered before turning to his fellow guard, saying. "We might want to double back, we got some of those gigglers from the left and the right. Plus, heading back to the quartine might get us someone that actually knows their way around this place. The quicker we get this done, the better."
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:44 pm

Gearick:
Cobalt looks up. "I hear them." He takes another look around. "Good idea, I'm not getting anywhere with this." He turns around and begins heading back towards Quick Fix's house. "We could try splitting up, but that's dangerous. But for now we're just wandering, any ideas on how to get help? The place is all but zombieland."
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:18 pm

Scales doesn't give direct eye contact. "Well, I should drop a bit to my bosses, give 'em the dope on what happened. You gonna be okay by yourself?"
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:22 pm

A1C Bronymous wrote:Dodger:
The guard, who had been perfectly neutral towards you so far, gives you a suspicious look. "Estate... as in the Estates neighborhood, the one that's been quarantined and sealed off? What were you doing there?"
"Taking shelter from the zombies," said Dodger. "It was the closest building, and looked to be the most fortified, when I came upon a rather large herd in the streets, so I went in there to hide until it passed over. I was there for a few hours before anyone from the Royal Guard showed up, so I must have still been inside when the quarantine occurred. I haven't exactly been privy to the guards' timeline."
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:28 pm

Dodger:
The guard continues to look at you suspiciously. "Alright then. Well, Mr...? I'd like to take a look around inside your house if that's alright? We want to ensure there's nothing missing, or nothing that shouldn't be there. If that's alright."
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:30 pm

"You do know how to get back to the quarantined area, right?" Gearick asked, turning around to follow after Colbat, hoping they weren't hopelessly lost. "Or at least, a method of contacting the other guard? Because the best bet I can think of its just nab someone that can help us navigate this place, and once the job's done, he can returned to the others. Should be swift and simple."
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:13 pm

(You're in the quarantined area, btw, but I got it)

Gearick:
"I think the nearest ponies who can help us are bag where we just came from. We could go all the way back to the checkpoint, but we won't get too much help that way- the sentries won't leave their post and will probably know as much as I do." He stops again, looking around. "Our best bet is definitely to ask around, so we either head back to the Doc's place, or start banging on doors and hope someone else is holding out from evacuating."
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:23 pm

Paper Shadow wrote:Scales doesn't give direct eye contact. "Well, I should drop a bit to my bosses, give 'em the dope on what happened. You gonna be okay by yourself?"
"I have been worse and alone, I survived." Bells continues to just stare down at her hooves.
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:13 pm

The guard continues to look at you suspiciously. "Alright then. Well, Mr...? I'd like to take a look around inside your house if that's alright? We want to ensure there's nothing missing, or nothing that shouldn't be there. If that's alright."
Time to fall back on the fetish dungeon plan. Saying "no" would make the guard even more suspicious and that wouldn't lead to anything good. If push came to shove... Well, he didn't want to think about that.

"Boulder, officer," said Dodger, giving the name he gave when registering as a volunteer. "Rough Boulder. And of course."

Dodger set about unlocking his house door - with the key he no doubt had. Sometimes he forgot he had keys due to his natural propensity towards unlocking doors through... other methods.
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:21 am

Dodger:
You have three keys on the ring, and it takes you two tries to get the right one. You can feel the young Guard's eyes on you; he shifts around with what must be some impatience. When the door opens, he waits for you to enter before stepping inside. The room is exactly how you left it, and he takes a preliminary gaze around the room before stating, "This should just take a minute."

"Exactly as you left it" is entirely up to you. Did you dump your thief gear on the floor and run out? Is it all tidy and packed away and not likely to be found? Is there a priceless artifact recently stolen from Canterlot Museum laying in the middle of your living room?
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:38 am

"Well, okay." With that, Scales leaves the room and searches for Chief Inspector Jock Clueso and Mayor Hardwood...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:49 am

Scales:
(Perception: >30, 1d15: 10)
Not sure where'd they be, you begin looking around, peeking in most rooms down hallways, etc. Neither of them are in their respective offices, but after 10 minutes of searching you hear the Chief Inspector's voice, coming from inside the Deputy Mayor's office.There is another voice, a mare, that you don't recognize. They both sound rather agitated, and you catch the words "Petty crime" and "Bigger fish".
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:16 am

Gearick listened to Cobalts answer, before nodded in agreement saying. “Alright, lets go to the Doc’s place. But can we not tell them that we don’t know our way around at all? No need for them to think of us as stupid. Plus, its not exactly lying if we say ‘We ran into some gigglers, and we don’t know our way around enough to avoid them’ is it?”
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:54 pm

Gearick:
"That's fine, I'm sure we can convince them. Lead the way."

Bells:
A few minutes after Scales leaves, the physician pony returns, this time holding a small tray of various instruments, and bringing an irate looking unicorn mare in with him. Her coat identifies her as a nurse, but her mane is disheveled and she's chewing on an unlit cigarette. "Alright miss Bells, we're ready. We unfortunately don't have any X-ray or MRI machines to get a good look at the problem, but Nurse Mirror here has a spell that will allow us to detect where the damage is. Then I'll put you under and we'll begin." The nurse looks at you with an unamused look. "Any questions so far?"
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:56 pm

"None, so far."
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:06 pm

You have three keys on the ring, and it takes you two tries to get the right one. You can feel the young Guard's eyes on you; he shifts around with what must be some impatience. When the door opens, he waits for you to enter before stepping inside. The room is exactly how you left it, and he takes a preliminary gaze around the room before stating, "This should just take a minute."

"Exactly as you left it" is entirely up to you. Did you dump your thief gear on the floor and run out? Is it all tidy and packed away and not likely to be found? Is there a priceless artifact recently stolen from Canterlot Museum laying in the middle of your living room?
hundreds of dead bodies litter the floor The house is about as tidy as one can get in the outskirts - and by that, of course, there's nothing major broken, things are stacked up in neat piles, and it's not actively on fire. The only stuff that mattered to Dodger was, of course, hidden safely away - he knew the tricks of the trade of being a thief and knew where thieves would look, and so made sure NOT to put his uniform or equipment in any of those places. Common burglars weren't going to look for secret cabinets inside of a not-secret cabinet, after all. The only things Dodger stole recently were hidden on his person, so he was reasonably sure the search would go just fine.

"Of course, of course," said Dodger, letting the nice young Guard do his thing, but watching his every move.
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:08 pm

"Ok, then, please lay back." The nurse's horn glows to life, and she touches it to your side, where the pain was most intense before. A cold chill runs through the area, and you fell a slight vibration. It hurts a bit at first, but subsides. "OK, ready." The nurse says in a droning voice, her eyes closed. "Alright" the surgeon says, "this will only hurt for-" you don't hear the rest as you feel a sharp prick in the shoulder and immediately pass out.

Bells roll Endurance. This won't be a long wait.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:37 pm

Dodger:
The guard takes a look around the piles of stuff, just long enough to see what everything is. Then he moves over to the tables and drawers, just scanning. He looks at you for a moment and then looks back down, and for a second you could swear it looks like he blushed, but his same professional visage remains when he rounds on you again. "Ok, I don't think anything else will be necessary. For now." He walks back to the door and eyes you as he passes, walking back outside. "Thank you for your cooperation, Mr. Boulder. If you see anything suspicious, please be sure to contact either myself- Private Swallowtail- or anyone else in the Guard for assistance." He turns rather abruptly and walks away from the door, heading back to where the other two are waiting for him.

Storm:
After a few minutes, Juniper returns. She beckons you with her real hoof, and waits for you by the door.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:23 pm

A1C Bronymous wrote:

Storm:
After a few minutes, Juniper returns. She beckons you with her real hoof, and waits for you by the door.

Storm takes the sugar with him.

"Thanks for the sugar. The Doctor mentioned something about an apothecary. Can we see if there's any Red Oak?"
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:04 pm

Storm:
She just looks straight ahead as she leads you along, and you can see her eyes are half-lidded. She leads you out the way you came, to another door on the left. Beyond it is another hall, and the approaches the first door on the left, opening it for you. Inside is a modest guest bedroom.

Bells:
You wake up with no idea how long you've been out, and the first thing you notice is a general nausea. The room is spinning. You inhale, and immediately cough and sputter, choking on something that is fairly reminiscent of vomit. You are aware of voices around you, and movement, all of which make you more nauseous. You can't distinguish the words, but something about them sounds urgent. There is a deep aching feeling in your side, and when you begin to move, a blurry face invades your vision. Something grabs your face, and more words are spoken, louder closer, and you can make out the words, "bad reaction....crashing...some help!"
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:36 pm

"什么- what happened? Hǎo dōng?"
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:41 pm

Bells:
As you wake up a little more, the images become sharper, the sounds clearer, and the pain and nausea worse. It's the surgeon who is standing in front of you. "Ma'am, can you hear me? There's been a complication, please just remain calm..." He glances town to your side, and then back to you. "Just look at me, relax, we've got it under control." You can definitely feel a peculiar heat down where the pain is located.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next