Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cirque du Celeste [play-by-post, slice of life campaign][FULL]

+10
Fury of the Tempest
Crystalite
Brony 7 of 9
Senshuken
Paper Shadow
Elacular
Quietkal
A1C Bronymous
mjh6
TheCavalry
14 posters

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Cirque du Celeste [play-by-post, slice of life campaign][FULL] - Page 4 Empty Re: Cirque du Celeste [play-by-post, slice of life campaign][FULL]

Post  Paper Shadow Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:18 pm

Remember when I said I was gonna play a snake charmer?

I lied (kinda)!

They are more or less done. Maybe minor changes down the line, but they are fine for now. So now I'm ready to play. In the meantime, STATISTICS YEAH!

Spoiler:
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Cirque du Celeste [play-by-post, slice of life campaign][FULL] - Page 4 Empty Re: Cirque du Celeste [play-by-post, slice of life campaign][FULL]

Post  Quietkal Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:54 pm

Interesting...
On a similar note, Risky's basically finished. Just need to do the questionnaire and get a final approval on him.
His combat's a little gimmicky though. It's based on using Blind Rage to interrupt his own attacks, becoming blinded to increase his damage using Blind Fighting without the blind having a chance to prevent that specific attack.
If you wanna veto it that's fine, I can rebuild without too much of a problem.
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:19 pm

Dammit you would pick the day when I have double the homework to do to start the game up.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:22 pm

I can't believe  I missed Senshukens earlier remark...

Anyhow... I started the campaign. Because why not? Since it's slice of life, starting things off easy to let you interact with one another seemed appropriate so... this first part is downtime, getting yourselves set up and resting from the journey.

And letting me watch as you guys squabble over who gets to live where with who. Squabbling is fun.

Paper, I just want to say I love that character concept, but if Viper doesn't try pulling a Kabat some point and mesmerise a pony, I'll be disappointed.
Kal... that combat sounds rather interesting, actually, so using it is fine with me.

EDITWhat can I say, Bronymous? Mine is an evil laugh.

Now, in fairness, I do have to finish a short document with some information pertinent to things... but I should get it done in a day or so, and it's nothing major. In short, Three Ring only recently took over, and longer serving circus members (5+ years) would be more familiar with the former management.
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonu Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:06 pm

Oh cool, we started. Let's shimmy over to the corresponding thread then.

You got that PM with the questionaire I send you, TheCavalry?
Demonu
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:30 am

...I'm too late aren't I.

Maybe, if it doesn't move hyper fast I can say I slept in?
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonu Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:33 am

Crystalite wrote:...I'm too late aren't I.

Wait do you mean, you are too late?

You're on the players' list and the campaign thread itself has like 5 posts, so I don't see what the problem is.
Demonu
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:36 am

Crystalite wrote:...I'm too late aren't I.

Nah, you're fine.

Since so e people were asking, thought I'd start it so you guys can start fighting arguing squabbling slice of lifing.

Anyone who hasn't finished their sheets yet and still wants to play? Finish it off and then we'll use the old hand wavium to explain your introduction. Simple.
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:19 pm

So...minor update. Posted some background information, but as it breaks down:

Three Ring has been running the circus for about the last four-five years. If you were there longer than that, you worked for her father and 'uncle' Daring, with her serving as a clown. If you've been there for longer than that, you may also have been familiar with Cake Face when she was chief clown.

It's a generational thing, basically. I don't want to ascribe hard numbers to it, until I figure out some details, but for reference, Three is probably about 20 years old now. Daring is closer to sixty, and he and Top Hat ran the circus since they were about her age.
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Loud Taffy Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:23 pm

hmm I have a character but you prob wouldn't have any room for a necromancer in the circus
Loud Taffy
Loud Taffy
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:19 pm

So just to be absolutely clear, nobody knows the Snake talks, right? And also, just because, what is Tan's Cutie Mark?
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonu Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:45 pm

Bronymous wrote:So just to be absolutely clear, nobody knows the Snake talks, right? And also, just because, what is Tan's Cutie Mark?
Don't think so and no idea.
Demonu
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Loud Taffy Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:49 pm

Ok so here is Hela Prose she will be joining you in the game. She joined the crew after they left the previous town hoping to teach others about necromancy and why it should not be feared right off the bat. plus she always wanted to join the circus when she was little. she was hired on only as help because Three Ring thinks "necromancy is creepy." she hopes to be able to do a show of her own someday.
Loud Taffy
Loud Taffy
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonu Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:04 pm

Loud Taffy wrote:Ok so here is Hela Prose she will be joining you in the game. She joined the crew after they left the previous town hoping to teach others about necromancy and why it should not be feared right off the bat. plus she always wanted to join the circus when she was little. she was hired on only as help because Three Ring thinks "necromancy is creepy." she hopes to be able to do a show of her own someday.
I think you have to wait for TheCavalry's approval before you can just toss your character into the campaign.
Demonu
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:36 pm

so, should I roll? Flare wasn't pulling, but she's both a baby dragon, and she should be setting stuff anyway...
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:00 pm

Well, I did mention being "lazy"... ; )

Yeah, roll it.
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:03 pm

2. Darn.
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Loud Taffy Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:06 pm

She hasn't joined the party yet. sorry I kind of screwed that up. im going to let thecavlry handle the introduction for my character.
Loud Taffy
Loud Taffy
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Senshuken Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:02 am

I rolled a 17. I've got it in the post to prove that I got it, but what do I get for it?
Senshuken
Senshuken
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:04 am

Bronymous wrote:So just to be absolutely clear, nobody knows the Snake talks, right? And also, just because, what is Tan's Cutie Mark?
Nobody knows indeed, and Tan's CM is three grapes. Also, I should also point out that I have no interest in RPing as Tan, I will leave that with Calvary...

Anyway, Brony the Mous, which one of us were pulling the wagon?
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:12 am

Neither, apparently. I thought we had guys that specifically did that. According to our posts we were both asleep, so... yeah.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:29 am

Bronymous wrote:Neither, apparently. I thought we had guys that specifically did that. According to our posts we were both asleep, so... yeah.
Erm, well I had technically not said than Tan was asleep, just inside practising when I posted, soooooooooo...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:38 am

Inside practicing when we arrived... meaning he wasn't pulling. Nice try.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:56 am

Bronymous wrote:Inside practicing when we arrived... meaning he wasn't pulling. Nice try.
Where does it say that Tan was inside?
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:59 am

In my post where I said I tapped on the window to get his attention.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next