Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wanderlust: Equestrian Nights

+4
sunbeam
Elacular
Dusk Raven
Crystalite
8 posters

Page 30 of 39 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 34 ... 39  Next

Go down

Wanderlust: Equestrian Nights - Page 30 Empty Re: Wanderlust: Equestrian Nights

Post  sunbeam Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:00 pm

"I'll take that as a no." Bubbling Spring says, resting his head on the top of the chair. "First, we need to inform Princess Twilight. Then we track down every last bastion they've got and burn them all to the ground. But before all of that..." He closes his eyes. "We rest."

ooc:
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:49 am

Several hours later, the group is clean, well-groomed, and (presumably) fairly happy. Taffy Stretch has rented several rooms for the party's use, and retreated to one such room for the evening -  it is nearly night now, the sun just touching the horizon.

Wandering Eye has gathered the rest of you out on the street, the setting sun casting long shadows towards him. "Thank you for coming out here," he begins nervously. "I brought you out to show you all something important. My old friend has already seen this," he says, nodding towards Scorch, "But... Water Drop... Glowing Soft... It's time you saw as well. And Bubbling Spring," he says, nodding towards the unicorn in question, "deserves to know whom he's traveling with. I'm not great at keeping secrets -  uncovering them is my talent. And this must now extend to my own secrets, my own dark desires... " He pauses to take a step back, the shadows cast by the sun completely covering him.

"My own Wandering Nightmare." With that, he stands up on his hind feet, raising his forelegs... As the moon begins to rise behind him.

A slight gust of wind blows past your feet. Surely Wandering isn't doing it himself? The wind begins to collect around him, swirling into a purplish vortex as the moon rises higher behind him. His horn lights up as his feet begin to sparkle. The sparkles work their way up his legs, leaving a dark black coat in place of the normal cream color. They spread up his body and mane, leaving purple and blue streaks in place of black and white. They finally gather around his eyes, closing them briefly until they snap open, leaving a turquoise iris with slitted pupils staring down demonically.

Wandering Nightmare has arrived. He begins to laugh maniacally as the wind and sparkles die down. He continues to laugh in a dark, gurgling voice as he sits down, grabbing his head in his hooves and turning it slightly, producing a loud POP accompanied by a guttural roar.

"GRRAAAH! Thank you!" he says loudly, massaging his neck as relief spreads across his features, taking on a pleasant looking smile. "Eyeball always manages to miss that spot! Hoo! Hello, real world! It's been so long! Wandering Nightmare," he says, getting on four hooves to bow down. "At your service."
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:37 pm

Scorch merely folds his arm, staring intently at Wandering Nightmare, growling lowly...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Telebiscuit Jen Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:57 pm

The twins look... rather nonplussed. Soft gives an uncomfortable cough, and Water tilts her head at Wandering Nightmare. "Oh so THAT'S what he was talking about. I didn't think he'd transform like that." "Yeah, I thought it would have been more like a voice change and glowy evil eyes or something... That color doesn't really work for him." "Plus I thought he said it was dangerous? Doesn't look that dangerous to me." The twins shrug at each other, and look at the transformed stallion. "You are gonna turn back at some point right? We had plans with regular Wandering.
Telebiscuit Jen
Telebiscuit Jen
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:59 pm

Wandering Eyes' prelude had not matched the sparkly transformation sequence, and by extension the sparkly transformation sequence did not match the product before him. Bubbling Springs expected some manner of soul-sucking dark magic from the figure before him, but had to agree with the twins that he didn't look that threatening. Then again, he'd managed to avoid fainting before an ice djinn, so his standards were probably a mite high. "How does experience work? Do you know our names?"
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:48 pm

"Hmph. So much for the dramatics," he says, flipping a loose hair out of his face with a scowl. "Yes, I know all your names, Bubbles. That being because, after a fashion, I am Wandering. Just not the Eye," he says in explanation. "I am everything Eyeball both hates about himself and wishes he could be, given an independent mind through dark and mysterious means that he has somehow kept hidden from me. We get to share a body, though, which means we also get to share everything else. Especially you two!" he says, gesturing to the twins with a grandiose sweeping motion. "My princesses, my twin goddesses of fire and ice!" He steps a little closer, his eyes glowing softly in the growing darkness. "My saviors from the depths of a broken brain. An honor and pleasure to meet you in the flesh," he says softly, taking first Water Drop's and then Glowing Soft's forehooves and kissing them gently. "Dangerous I may be, but I promise I won't bite."
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:11 pm

Bubbling Spring frowns at the phrase 'Bubbles,' but can't help snorting at the goddesses line. He had met a god of ice today, and the demigod of fire was a little to Water Drop's right. (furthermore, an alternative flame god was to Soft's left. From his limited knowledge, Soft did not deserve the title.) He turns to the frowning fire dragon and says "Not that he needs the help, but do you have any comments to reaffirm his untrustworthiness?"
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Telebiscuit Jen Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:20 pm

Soft shudders a bit when he kisses her hoof, and water just rolls her eyes. "Actually, I can't do anything with ice, just water." "And I don't even use fire that much, really. And if you share a body technically we've already met 'in the flesh'." "I mean, it's not like you've brought anything extra to the table in that department. You aren't even any bigger, I mean seriously."
Telebiscuit Jen
Telebiscuit Jen
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:25 pm

"I wouldn't trust a single thing he says," replies Scorch without turning his gaze. He's not use to the nightmare acting gentlemanly, this only makes him more on edge...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:41 pm

"Oh?" Nightmare says, cocking an eyebrow. "High expectations, have you? Let me see here..." Nightmare seems to search briefly before his horn alights in an ethereal purple glow, which soon enough surrounds him. "How much bigger did you want?"
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Telebiscuit Jen Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:11 pm

"Welll..." Water grins, seeming to think about it, and then catches her sister's elbow in the side. "I don't think your size matters too terribly, Mr. Nightmare." "A little." "Is there something you need, or can we go back to relaxing and not hanging out with evil monsters?"
Telebiscuit Jen
Telebiscuit Jen
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:24 pm

"Oh no!" Nightmare exclaims as his magic fades. "No, we can not go back! Hanging out with the evil monster is why the evil monster is here," he explains in an almost sing-song voice, wiggling a hoof back and forth with a knowing smile. "So I suppose I should try this the proper way now. Water Drop, Glowing Soft. Would you like to go to dinner with me?"
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Telebiscuit Jen Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:34 pm

"And why would we want to do that?" "I'm failing to see what you could offer us that we wouldn't prefer to just wait until Wandering is back for."
Telebiscuit Jen
Telebiscuit Jen
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:49 pm

"Good point! Let's follow that logic around a bit. If Eyeball asked Glowing Soft - but not Water Drop! - out to dinner, what would Water Drop think?"
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Telebiscuit Jen Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:55 pm

The twins glance at each other. "He wouldn't." "But if he did, it would be rude since we both want to go."
Telebiscuit Jen
Telebiscuit Jen
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:57 pm

"Yup. We - and I mean we - don't get to date half of you. Why should you get to date half of us?"
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Telebiscuit Jen Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:04 pm

"Because my sister isn't a parasite that is inhabiting my head. Nor is she an evil monster." "And if you two share a body and experiences... well then I don't see how you'd be missing out on a date if Wandering happens to be at the reins. Or did you miss out on the train?" "We can be separated, but prefer not to. Wandering doesn't have that choice with you." "Even if you might be able to change size at will." "...yes, even considering that." Soft seems rather appalled at the idea- however, Water seems very nonchalant about the whole thing, as if she's still considering it.
Telebiscuit Jen
Telebiscuit Jen
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:14 pm

As his interest in the exchange before him decreased, Bubbling Spring trotted behind Nightmare to approach...Wandering Eye's dragon...friend? He wasn't really certain, but if Wandering Eye already knew him, then he was probably safe to work with. "While this lot are on their...double date...there's someone in this city I'm hoping to find. After what happened today, I don't really want to walk around town alone. Do you want to come with me?"
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:17 pm

"Wandering Eye made his choice!" Nightmare suddenly snaps. "He chose to muck about with dark magics! He chose to let a 'parasite' inhabit his head! Now tell me truthfully, if there's nothing that will convince you that I can change, that I too can love something - someone - then how is he any better?" Wandering Nightmare takes a few steps back. "You said it yourself - I have nothing that Eye does not. And likewise, there is no fault of his I can not bring to the surface. Can you live with that? Can you live without knowing if the inner demon can be tamed? Can you say a wedding vow, live in his house, raise his children, knowing I could strike at any moment?" His deep scowl softens a bit. "Or can I, the lowly Nightmare, have a chance at redemption?"
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Telebiscuit Jen Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:24 pm

"Whoa whoa whoa, weddings and kids? That's kinda..." "I trust him to keep you under control while he's here." Water suddenly leans in and whispers into Soft's ear. After a moment, they both look at the Nightmare. "...Fine." "We'll do it, but we wanna know what all you're capable of." "Magically speaking. I want to know how much of a threat you really are." "I just wanna see what kinds of tricks you've got." "Also, you're paying. But you aren't allowed to use Wandering's money."
Telebiscuit Jen
Telebiscuit Jen
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:29 pm

sunbeam wrote:As his interest in the exchange before him decreased, Bubbling Spring trotted behind Nightmare to approach...Wandering Eye's dragon...friend? He wasn't really certain, but if Wandering Eye already knew him, then he was probably safe to work with. "While this lot are on their...double date...there's someone in this city I'm hoping to find. After what happened today, I don't really want to walk around town alone. Do you want to come with me?"
"Sorry, but I promised Wandering that I'd keep an eye on this. Just in case."
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:42 pm

Nightmare visibly relaxes, once again putting on the gentle smile - this time with slight smirk that can only enread as 'challenge accepted'. "Well then. Let's just try and kill two birds with one stone, shall we?" With that, his horn lights once again, the purple energies swirling around his head. A sort of odd shape start to take form, and Nightmare's face contorts in effort and concentration. A line of sweat runs down his face as the energies coalesce, and a golden color begins to emerge. Nightmare starts to groan from strain, digging his hooves into the ground as his horn glows brighter, the energies surrounding his head forming a veritable halo of magic.

Finally the energies disperse as the spell ends, leaving behind a rather tired looking Nightmare - and a golden crown atop his head.
"Huff... Hoo... Just call me... King of Town, huh? Surely somebody will trade for bits. Or dinner," he suggests as he catches his breath, standing up a little straighter.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:47 pm

Bubbling Spring grimaces. "I can't fault you for that." He turns the arguing...trio? quartet? He really didn't know. "Where's the funky suitcase?" he asks, eying the new crown.

Spoiler:
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Telebiscuit Jen Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:52 pm

The twins cock an eyebrow each. "Sure, if you say so." Soft notices how much it seems that spell wore him out. "Actually, if we're going on an actual date, it would be unusual to have a chaperone." She addresses the dragon. "I'm sure you mean well, but I think we have this under control, and it would spoil the mood. I promise we'll bring him back in one piece, though."
Telebiscuit Jen
Telebiscuit Jen
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:14 pm

"No, I know what I'm dealing with here. I'm not letting him out of my sight."
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It