Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hope's Refraction [OCC/All Slots Filled]

+4
Caden2112
tygerburningbright
TheCavalry
Dream Axis
8 posters

Page 12 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down

Hope's Refraction [OCC/All Slots Filled] - Page 12 Empty Re: Hope's Refraction [OCC/All Slots Filled]

Post  TheCavalry Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:31 pm

Well, guess I'll bite the bullet here, since we've hit an odd impasse in the topic.

You guys want to go foal hunting? Or should we just head for the city?
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Hope's Refraction [OCC/All Slots Filled] - Page 12 Empty Re: Hope's Refraction [OCC/All Slots Filled]

Post  Caden2112 Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:01 pm

I'd honestly prefer the latter, but if it gets the plot moving, I'll take those child-nabbing classes. Razz
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:36 pm

for what it's worth... I see Scales as being kind of annoyed about the situation. After all, they tried to take her stuff; I get the impression that would tick off most dragons, and considering she deliberately tries to be "more" dragon...

Of course, there's the fact those are kids. And that Dtorm pointed out the fact that she's being a bully to the rest of the party; she's torn between wanting to prove she's the biggest and the best and make sure everyone knows it... and wanting to be better, because putting up a tantrum over the kid-mugging would probably make Storm disappointed in her.

So... Scales is on the fence and will probably go with the group to validate her decision.
Then claim credit for it. You know, as Alpha Mare and all that.
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:15 pm

Of course, to undermine what Softy just said...

Since Copper won't be around for a bit, how about we send her after the kids?
...wow, that sounds like a jerk move.
What I mean is, we have a point here where we could, legit, split up the party... why not do it? And Coppers character has, not to put too fine a point on it, been nice. What if we sent her character to "investigate" the kids, then had her make her triumphant return to the forum with an army of lost boys behind her.

Keyword army. No reason we can't "fix" Equestria by conquering it, right guys?
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Dream Axis Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:56 pm

Will post the next part some time tomorrow, anyone want more time to speak before we move on?

Now back or forward that is the question!
Dream Axis
Dream Axis
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:11 pm

... Well. This is escalating quickly. Big Smiles, Sweetie

(I almost feel guilty at derailing things... Sorry guys!)

TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:14 pm

We'll just have to RP as quickly as possible then! I'm pretty sure that the two hot-heads would likely ignore anyone if they tried to intervene anyway.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:32 pm

For the record- and since I'm afraid this turn looks like it came out of nowhere-...

If we had gotten the night-time thing, she probably would have asked the same stuff she's saying now. It just would have been a private conversation, and probably come more from the "do you not trust me not to screw up?" side of things. Instead, since she's tired (not that she'll show it), and she thinks she has to save face and show everyone she knows what she's doing, she's kind of... lost it a little.

I'm just gonna say again- Scales is a terrible leader, at least as is. Just in case anyone thinks I'm trying to show her as the "right" choice... she wants to lead, but... she's not gold at it. At all.
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:40 pm

Shadow: "Good, good, let the fury flow through you-Spicy! SPICY!!"

In all seriousness, though, I don't mind too much, and IC-wise...Well, I'm debating having Shadow try to steal a nibble or just find some popcorn and watch the fireworks.
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:42 pm

I think Shadow could probably have a nibble, as Storm is full of angry love right now. Which might sound stupid, but the entire 'Anger born of worry' is angry love, so it makes complete sense!
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:05 pm

Hmm. My reply might have been a bit too... Sunset Shimmer-style response. Sorry about that; if anything, Scales trying to be "smart" is a sign that she's affected by that.

(Which she is, by default; nice gut punch lol)

As for Shadow... she could have a nibble. For starters; looks like Scales will need a new partner anyway ; )
...joking aside, I suddenly realise I have no idea how change.ings feed on emotions. Guess it's head canon territory.
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:06 pm

Angry love is the best love! I hope Scales doesn't mind a hug from her brother too much, considering how angry she is right now.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Dream Axis Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:28 pm

Passive and active is my theory.
While a changling can actively try and consume the love from something directly they can also passively collect the love that naturally radiates from a being.
Passive however is alot less efficient then active, meaning that it takes longer and more powerful emotions to 'fill' a changling up, though on the upside it is alot less noticeable then the 'active' method.

The active version on the other hand can be draining to various degrees from the 'victim' depending on how carfull the changling is, though most often the subject is left drowsy and lethargic from the encounter.

A point to note however is that for both cases the process is a lot smother when the emotion is aimed towards them, both in subtlety and efficiency.

Well thats my idea at least, anyone else?
(That aside, nice roleplay guys!)
Dream Axis
Dream Axis
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:43 pm

That's... more or less how I'm playing my changeling character in a different game- draining love by showing off, Trixie style. Just was suddenly surprised by the fact that "Oh wait- that isn't canon".

Of course, after doing a little research into it, I know realise there's a good reason changelings look like bugs. I had no idea there were so many types of mind controling insects and fungus in the world. Gurk!
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:24 am

... I just realised that, with Scent Tracker, I probably could hunt Milky Way down.

Huh.
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:25 am

The question is, is Scales willing to suggest it? As Storm has forgotten about it in the heat of the moment...
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:51 pm

Just to be sure... I'm playing to what my character wants to do right now. Also... I don't see the value in looking out for our missing character cause I figure things
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:54 pm

Honestly, that's part of the reason I don't want to- Milky vanished because Copper had to take a leave of absence. I'd rather not have to accidental escalate the reason for her disappearance if we could avoid it.

...that being said, ditching her fits in with Scales personality, and the fact that she's a jerk. And things. Which is why I'm trying to be ambiguous as to whether or not she's totally committed to operation search and rescue.
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:56 pm

Yes well, it is in Storm Fire's interests to at least put some effort into finding the lost pony. But as he's fine with only a 2-3 minute search, its not very likely that he's not going to find anything, and I'm not actually going to roll for it either.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:58 pm

Me neither.

(Actually, I wasn't sure if we'd need to post anything for that- should we post a quick backtrack, or leave that up to the GM to do?)
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Dream Axis Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:19 pm

If you want to you can, otherwise il be posting the next part sometime tommorowish.
Dream Axis
Dream Axis
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:53 pm

Storm Fire would just ignore the ranting and continue searching.... so I'm just gonna wait for us to move on.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:15 pm

...huh.

That form sounds very interesting. And if the elements of harmony have been erased from ever being born, I am very curious about who is running the show up in Canterlot.
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Dream Axis Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:02 am

Ok, totally my fault here but I forgot to mention that destiny upon exit had a (compleat on exit) part to it, sorry bout that.

Dream Axis
Dream Axis
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:54 pm

The English major in me rails against Scales awful spelling.
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next