Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Curse and the Treasure - The Quest

5 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

The Curse and the Treasure - The Quest - Page 2 Empty Re: The Curse and the Treasure - The Quest

Post  Elacular Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:31 am

"But isn't assuming that every blade of grass is the same color assuming a type too? After all, my mate Wild Eyes used to say that even the slightest variations in plants could mean life or death. Then again, he was always like that. He was sort of like you, actually." Here, Dagnir smiled at Eight.
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

The Curse and the Treasure - The Quest - Page 2 Empty Re: The Curse and the Treasure - The Quest

Post  mjh6 Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:35 am

"Screw you." Eight said bluntly. "If you want to see the world as nothing but types, and not individuals, leave me out of it."

ooc:
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:38 am

Dagnir shrunk a bit. "I mean, he was different of course. Being a gnoll...and a boy. Actually, he was nothing like you. I take it back. I still like grass colors though."
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:56 am

Eight turned in a surprised manner. "Sorry. I didn't mean you. Although from the way Horizon I figured he was interested in what color each individual blade was and all the differences in shade."
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:00 am

Elric just looks on as the group argues, the smile on his face gone. He sits back down in his rocking chair and stares into the fire.
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:06 am

"I'm sorry, I must have missed the part where I asked something random and inconsequential. All I remember is asking if our new acquaintance could offer us any knowledge or assistance in our quest, but I must be mistaken. Please, don't let my foolish and inexperienced behaviors interrupt the three of you planning your obviously superior, professional, and heroic acts." Horizon turns to Elric. "You'd think after 60 odd years of doing something professionally, the younger generation would at some point take you seriously."
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:09 am

Dagnir's ears perked up at this. "Sixty? But...Oh, sorry, really sorry. Shouldn't assume. I haven't spent very much time around...humans? You seem human. But sorry, shouldn't assume."
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:14 am

"It's fine, pup." Horizon pulls back his hood, and removes his helmet, revealing a face that couldn't be older than 30. "From what I'm told, most humans wouldn't be able to tell either."
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:15 am

"I'm sorry but I don't know you. I don't know anything about you, you won't even call me by my name. So why should I respect you, Horizon? And being old doesn't automatically make you wise." And before Horizon could interrupt, Eight snapped. "And don't you dare claim that you don't think that; everything you've said to me, or about me is dripping with condescension."
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:22 am

Dagnir sighed, stood up and took a few steps to put herself between the two. "If we're going to fight, can we please not do it in this very nice man's house? I've already messed up his stuff enough by shaking off my fur, no need to have an altercation on top of that!"
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:27 am

"That's because you're very condescendable. Age might not make you wise, but it does make you experienced. And YOU have neither of those." Horizon places his helmet on the table and takes a seat in an empty chair. "And I didn't ask for your respect either. I don't need it. See these are things you will eventually come to learn, with age, or experience- the nature of this little quest that you greet with such childlike exuberance; the fact that your respect or idealism with regards to myself holds no value to me; that I don't call ANYONE by their names, because it wouldn't be fair- you certainly aren't calling me by mine; and that no matter how you think you can insult or aggravate me, you really just aren't, and it will absolutely in no way affect how I think or behave as a part of this ramshackle team." He just watches her, calmly. There might be a hint of aggression behind his cool gaze, but maybe not. "Individuals as you all may be, we all have our types, our paradigms, and our carbon-copied brothers and sisters, same deal different face. There's nothing to get upset about."
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:38 am

Eight was still brimming with anger, but she had faced this kind of stonewalling before. Her head priestess would always just act all calm, like they were perfect and putting the blame on you for being upset. They were "I'll call anyone by their name that I want, Horizon.And being "experienced" doesn't give you the right to condescend to me either, or tell me what I'm offended by, or lecture me on the ways of the world, cause I'm sure there are things I've seen that you haven't either." This was probably just as pointless as the rest, and Dragnir was probably right that they shouldn't fight here, but she didn't want him to have the last word. He'd take that as a win and ignore everything she said, cause she was just a naive teenage healer.
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:43 am

Horizon laughs a bit. "No, little girl. You AREN'T calling me by my name because my name ISN'T Horizon. I'm not telling you that you aren't allowed. That would presumptuous of me."
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:49 am

Eight stood up and stepped right up to him inches away. "Enough. I am not a little girl. I am working with you as an adventurer and healer.You wanted to know why I wanted respect. That's why. We are supposed to be a team, and teammates need to be able to at least treat each other respectably. Or else, how will we get anything done? How will I know that Iif I tell you something, you won't brush it off?"
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:03 am

"When did I ever say I didn't respect you?" Horizon looks at her, no longer smiling, just concerned. Sincere even. "If I didn't think you were capable, I wouldn't be anywhere near you right now. Not with something this important. I pick my groups carefully- I've seen enough incompetents get slaughtered to let myself stand by and watch it over and over again."
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:27 am

Eight sighed. "Alright then. I guess you have a right to your name, but I have a right to mine. Please do not call me that again. If it makes you feel less presumptuous, Eight isn't my actual name,it's just a translation."
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:30 am

Dagnir nodded. "Thank you both. And...and since this is a thing..." she bowed her head, "Draugdagnir is my real name. It was given to me by my packfather. But it's my second real name. My first real name..." she paused and cringed, like she was expecting a blow, "My older name was eaten."
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:50 pm

"Hmm... I'd have something else to say about that, but in the interest of preserving the peace, I'll save it for later." Horizon stands up in front of her, then turns to the Gnoll and cocks an eyebrow at her odd comment. "I... can usually follow that kind of thing. Having trouble with this one though." He glances at Eight curiously. "Your real name was taken from you?"
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:13 pm

"Eaten. The old me is dead under the eyes of She-is-Fiercer. Maybe Draugdagnir is too, I can't be sure." She inhaled deeply and exhaled slowly before continuing. "It's a bad story about stupid kids making questionable decisions and really doesn't paint me in the best light. If you want to hear it I'm willing to tell, but I'd rather not just yet if I don't have to."
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:02 pm

Names. Nadir didn't understand them very well. They didn't seem to have any purpose past identification, and anything could have done for that. Even the name he used was just one assigned out of convenience and necessity.

"... You can call me Nadir," he said slowly. "That name will do."
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:32 pm

"Alright, so we all have stories about our names and why they're there. Shall we move on to more pleasant topics?"
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:00 am

Eight, having calmed down enough, sat back down, and shrugged. She looked out the window, trying to gauge how hard it was raining.
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:17 pm

The rain seems to be dying down at last.

Meanwhile, Elric says, "I'm glad you've got your issues worked out. Anything else I can provide you with before you go?"
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:22 pm

"Not unless you have some secret monster slaying weapons or armor you can hand out. No offense to my teammates, but they seem to be the sort to be willingly under-equipped." Horizon stands and grabs his helmet, walking to the door and opening it. "After all, if a little rain was too much for them..."
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:36 pm

"I would have built a lean-to, but this was right here. Besides," Dagnir shrugged, "She-is-Fiercer lived by the claw and by the spear. We, as her daughters, ought to be able to do the same, and I was never great with the second one."
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next