Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Poniverse] Crystal Symphony [Adventure Campaign] [FULL]

+8
Senshuken
A1C Bronymous
GreyVestibule
Doc pseudopolis
Reaver
Elacular
mjh6
Crystalite
12 posters

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

[Poniverse] Crystal Symphony [Adventure Campaign] [FULL] - Page 3 Empty Re: [Poniverse] Crystal Symphony [Adventure Campaign] [FULL]

Post  GreyVestibule Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:42 pm

So, I wasn't sure about this at first, but stories/concepts with a focus on music and related stuff and the power thereof are my jam, so would it be alright if I joined up? It's looking like there's still room, unless I'm mistaken.

I'm still feeling my way around the character creation options, but with the theme of music I got thinking along the lines of something Shantae-inspired. So, the current line of thought is leaning towards a belly-dancing (Or I dunno, would that really be something ponies could do?) unicorn from Saddle Arabia who uses the power of dance in her magic. If that doesn't seem appropriate though, and there is still room, I can try for a different concept.
GreyVestibule
GreyVestibule
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

[Poniverse] Crystal Symphony [Adventure Campaign] [FULL] - Page 3 Empty Re: [Poniverse] Crystal Symphony [Adventure Campaign] [FULL]

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:48 pm

Well my guy (who still isn't listed because....) is a backup dancer- which I'll expand upon as the game starts- so another dancer should probably be fine.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:19 pm

Urgh! Sorry guys, been busier than I had any right to be right now...

Bronymous... I wasn't sure where to put Door Kicker, since you hadn't settled on an element, so... sorry about that.
Grey- I'm fine with having a second dancer if the rest of the team is, and especially fine with having someone from Saddle Arabia. For reasons.

The lack of an evil laughter emote undermines the menace I was going for.
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:26 pm

WELL. It's fine, as long as I am still on the list of people playing. I figure I'll probably end up with Generosity, the way things are going.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:28 pm

Oh yeah, you're in; I counted you as one of the filled slots, just didn't have a place to put you.

(Incidently, would you mind PMing me Kickers background? Can't highlight the blacked out section for some reason.)
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:48 pm

Oh, yeah. Don't worry about the blacked out stuff, its setting specific backstory to another campaign. When I have the more relevant background stuff worked out I'll send it.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  GreyVestibule Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:07 pm

Ah, I'm sorry for noting what you said about Door Kicker sooner Bronymous. If I'm infringing on your turf at all, or if anyone is not okay with the two dancers thing, I'm cool with changing up my concept to something different, no hard feelings.

I'm . . . especially fine with having someone from Saddle Arabia. For reasons.

The lack of an evil laughter emote undermines the menace I was going for.
Well, this doesn't seem ominous in even the slightest way.
GreyVestibule
GreyVestibule
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:12 pm

Nope, I think it'd be cool to have another dancer. That way I'm not the only one without any actual musical talent and will have finally found a friend.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Senshuken Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:39 am

Maybe, but I'm sure that the belly dancing mare is going to have a lot of friends very easily.
Senshuken
Senshuken
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:09 am

I would like to point out thta today is the 20th.

Also, if we're all to be part of the same band, what should our band be called?
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc pseudopolis Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:52 pm

Crystalite wrote:I would like to point out thta today is the 20th.

Also, if we're all to be part of the same band, what should our band be called?
Ironheade, with an E on the end so they know we mean business.
Seriously speaking I'm not sure myself, what does everybody else prefer?

Doc pseudopolis
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:11 pm

I dunno, that actually sound a'aight.

Incidentally, this is what Blitz's lightning organ sounds like. And if that video is any indicator, that should totally be one of our songs, I think.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:17 pm

I'm taaaaardy!

...yeah, sorry. I mentioned how unexpectedly busy I was right? I knew work would pile up, just... not so much this quickly. Sorry guys!

Anyway... Since Gray sounds interested, I'm wondering how to proceed. Not to discourage band names, but I'd sort of pictured you guys being introduced separately- partly so I can get some NPC and setting introductions out of the way quicker, and partly because it sounds like you guys all have your own reasons for going north beyond "the rest of the band is going there".
If you do want to start off as an established group though, let me know and I'll tinker with things.
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:30 pm

It doesn't make much difference to me: but, Blitz Load (being a Big Name) would already have a good sized crew behind her, and at least two of the party members (Bonham and Lark) are supposed to be part of such a crew, if not everyone else too (Except maybe Silver, who is, like Blitz, the star of his show if I'm interpreting it correctly) so it does seem expedient to start that way.

Even if we don't start as one big group, I totally want Bonham in mine from the get go, perhaps as "the new guy", if Doc is okay with it of course.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Senshuken Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:40 pm

You would be correct Crystalite. Silver is kind of the star of his own show. Truth be told, he isn't in a band per say to begin with.

Still, I would think he would have a few hangers on and co workers to hang out with.
Senshuken
Senshuken
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:56 pm

True: although you would still have other musicians (Unless you sing a cappela) and a support crew (Unless you're willing to take on setting up, tearing down, security, make-up, etcetera, entirely on your lonesome) to follow you around.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  GreyVestibule Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:19 pm

I had been under the impression all the characters were separate (at least at first) so this works for me. If the group does come together and form a band at some point though, Ironheade does sound like a fun name. I guess we'll see what happens.

Also, I approve of the Tesla Coil inspired lightning organ.

I hope to have my character up soon.
GreyVestibule
GreyVestibule
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:21 pm

I had DK set as the backup dancer to a singer he doesn't particularly like, and using the context of the game to ditch her and pick up with someone else.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:22 pm

I'm fine working with a PC performer.
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:25 pm

I'm the only one who keeps thinking that 'a' should be replaced with an 'r' for the band name? Lol

Oh, and you can't use the name Princess. No one suggested it, but I've already got ideas in mind for a Freddy Mercury pony, and I'm not changing it.

(And I feel I should mention, despite spoilers, that this isn't exactly a battle of the bands situation. There is music, and if you guys want to form an in-universe band, that's awesome and totally allowable; just thought I should let you know that there is a (currently being reworked) plot to what's going on. The music is a theme- both for the characters and the game in general- but other stuff will be happening too.)

(Which isn't to say a band battle won't happen, just that it's not the immediate plan, but hey, plans, first contact, enemy, etc.)
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc pseudopolis Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:57 am

TheCavalry wrote:I'm the only one who keeps thinking that 'a' should be replaced with an 'r' for the band name? Lol

Oh, and you can't use the name Princess. No one suggested it, but I've already got ideas in mind for a Freddy Mercury pony, and I'm not changing it.

(And I feel I should mention, despite spoilers, that this isn't exactly a battle of the bands situation. There is music, and if you guys want to form an in-universe band, that's awesome and totally allowable; just thought I should let you know that there is a (currently being reworked) plot to what's going on. The music is a theme- both for the characters and the game in general- but other stuff will be happening too.)

(Which isn't to say a band battle won't happen, just that it's not the immediate plan, but hey, plans, first contact, enemy, etc.)
I quite like the sound of Ironherde actually, very metal.
Also I'm quite alright being part of the road crew for another PC, being part of the road crew for an NPC would mean that a way to leave them to work with the rest of the party would be needed.

Doc pseudopolis
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:21 am

Doc pseudopolis wrote:I quite like the sound of Ironherde actually, very metal.
Also I'm quite alright being part of the road crew for another PC, being part of the road crew for an NPC would mean that a way to leave them to work with the rest of the party would be needed.

Yay! Welcome to Blitz Load's Ironherde!

TheCavalry wrote:Oh, and you can't use the name Princess. No one suggested it, but I've already got ideas in mind for a Freddy Mercury pony, and I'm not changing it.

The Artist formerly known as Princess should be a thing.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Senshuken Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:17 am

Just looking through pony's back stories.

It's possible that Silver Tongue and Blitz Load might have a bit of an overlap. Many of Silver's family are located somewhere in the weather machine (His older sister being a leading weather mare in Manehatten) so it is possible that their family might know each other.
Senshuken
Senshuken
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:32 pm

Mmmm, I dunno. Silver Tongue would probably know Blitz by reputation in any case, but I think I like the idea of Blitz not knowing who Silver is just yet.

Now, her parents might know and simply neglected to mention it, which could be interesting: but I'm gonna leave that one to the GM, I think.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  GreyVestibule Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:49 am

Well thank goodness I didn't try to go for a "Princess". I approve of Ironherde as well.

Also, on the matter of how to meet up... well, so far I've been thinking my character is traveling by herself, and would just wind up hanging out with the other PCs by virtue of proximity.

Speaking of my character, meet the tentative Shimmering Oasis. Feel free to let me know if it helps to change anything.
GreyVestibule
GreyVestibule
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next