Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Call of Colthulhu: Team One's Adventures

5 posters

Page 9 of 33 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 21 ... 33  Next

Go down

Call of Colthulhu: Team One's Adventures - Page 9 Empty Re: Call of Colthulhu: Team One's Adventures

Post  Caden2112 Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:01 am

((Nah, I'll wait for the stealth/perception results before I HEROICALLY STORM THE CLUBHOUSE.))
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Call of Colthulhu: Team One's Adventures - Page 9 Empty Re: Call of Colthulhu: Team One's Adventures

Post  A1C Bronymous Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:38 pm

(I have no input at this time)
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:52 am

Lyntermas wrote:
AleneShazam wrote:(How stealthily are you doing this?)

Torque believed the club was dangerous, and if his fears about the "shimmer" he saw earlier were correct, the students may already be aware of the investigation. As there was a fairly good chance that somepony might already be in there (discussing with the others or destroying evidence), it would be best to proceed carefully.

Rolling Stealth...12 (1d20) + 8 = 20

With utmost care, Torque eases the doors open, but even so, the door produces a very slight creak when it opens. The ends of some conversation comes to Torque's ears, sounding to some effect like:
"... and then the professor went, 'You confused Elken and Elden, smart ass'!" 
"Hey... d'you hear that?"
"I think someone's at the door... More than one, too?"
The room suddenly goes silent.
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:11 am

The light-hearted conversation and confusion as to who would be visiting led Torque to believe that whoever was behind this door was, at the very least, unaware of any investigation. With the possibility of some friendlier faces than expected (and the element of surprise being lost), the plan was simple: make some disarming small talk to try and get these students to open up while taking a quick glance around the room for any clues.

Rolling Persuasion to sound friendly... Natural 1!  + 11 = 12  Cheerilee Derp
Rolling Perception...3 (1d20) + 8 = 11

Torque flung the door open with a far-too-wide grin on his face. "Hellooo everypony! How are you all doing today?" he said while his eyes widely darted around the room.
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:24 am

Lyntermas wrote:Torque flung the door open with a far-too-wide grin on his face. "Hellooo everypony! How are you all doing today?" he said while his eyes widely darted around the room.
Time seems to slow down as what seems like a coconut is hurled at breakneck speed the moment Torque shows his disquieting grin.
(Roll endurance for impact resistance or acrobatics for dodging)
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:32 am

With carefully honed reflexes (from experiments going a bit explosive), Torque swiftly tries to duck while using his Telekinesis to slow the coconut down.

Rolling Acrobatics...12 (1d20) + 8 = 20
Telekinesis:
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:14 pm

Lyntermas wrote:With carefully honed reflexes (from experiments going a bit explosive), Torque swiftly tries to duck while using his Telekinesis to slow the coconut down.

Rolling Acrobatics...12 (1d20) + 8 = 20
Telekinesis:
Torque is straight beaned in the head with a coconut thrown at an ungodly amount of force, and it is only with supreme force of will and incredible luck that he is not knocked out cold. He crumples backwards into the hallway in a painful heap.

There is an absolute silence inside the room. The door, now open, no longer blocks the view of the room's occupants: A zebra, an earth pony, and a pegasus, all looking in stunned silence at the unicorn, still wearing a silly grin on his face, plastered across the ground in front of the doors.

(That was a nat 20 to coconut throwing)
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:55 pm

"Torque!? You alright?" Aurora blinked in surprise, though her expression shifted to anger before attempting to enter the room. "Hey, what's the big idea, huh!? This how you welcome all your guests!? Trying to find your friend, and this is the thanks we get?" As she ranted, she glanced around the room, eyes settling on each of the room's occupants in turn, trying to make out anything unusual about them. They were...Likely the 'history club' at any rate.

---

Perception to notice suspicious details/more throwables.
1d20+8 = 10+8 = 18
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:17 pm

Caden2112 wrote:"Torque!? You alright?" Aurora blinked in surprise, though her expression shifted to anger before attempting to enter the room. "Hey, what's the big idea, huh!? This how you welcome all your guests!? Trying to find your friend, and this is the thanks we get?" As she ranted, she glanced around the room, eyes settling on each of the room's occupants in turn, trying to make out anything unusual about them. They were...Likely the 'history club' at any rate.

---

Perception to notice suspicious details/more throwables.
1d20+8 = 10+8 = 18
If anything, the students look more shocked than anything. Each hold a coconut... some sort of coconut drink, actually, except for the earth pony who's hoof is outstretched at an awkward angle. The three students are sat around a table, with some kind of inscribed board sitting on the table. Unwrapped snacks and drink boxes clutter the table, the coconut drinks apparently being the last in a long line of refreshments.

"What kind of guest shows up with an expression like that?!" The earth pony, recognisable to be Stone Circle, throws up his hooves at Torque's still fairly terrifyingly cheery smile. "I thought he was some kind of crazy pony!"

"Spirits above, is he okay?" The zebra, Zanbar, asks, setting down his drink carefully. "Damn it, Stone, this is why we don't have you on watch..."
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:53 pm

Flashpoint is mildly conflicted. On the one hoof, he is, on impulse, tense at the potential coconut assault, and ready to fight back. On the other hoof, that was easily one of the funniest things he's seen in a long time. As such he does his best to keep a straight face, despite the telltale symptoms of someone holding back a fit of laughter. He covers his face with a wing and pretends to cough while he regains his composure, and then is all business. "Everyone drop your damn coconuts, the crazy one is down." He steps into the room and looks around. "We're investigating missing students, and we know you know one of them."

General perception on the room and the students: 11+11=22
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:13 pm

"...I did the Smile, didn't I? Why did I do the Smile? Nopony ever likes the Smile, why do I keep doing it?" Torque shakes his head, resuming a more normal expression. He gives an angry look at Stone Circle and looks like he's about to start a tirade, but then stops and takes a deep breath to try and calm down. "Well, I'm certainly going to be feeling that one for a while. Sorry if I startled you."

"Why don't we start over? My name's Torque Szarnowski, and this is Arcane Aurora and....ooowww that still stings...Flashpoint. We're working as volunteer guards with Skyline here to investigate the disappearance of Mirrored Clear. If you don't mind, I have a few questions..."

Torque started to get up, then lay back down. "...Actually, the first thing I'm going to do is wait until the room stops spinning. I don't suppose any of you has any medical training on being beaned with a high-velocity coconut, would you?"

Rolling Endurance to get my bearings back...10 (1d20) + 5 = 15. (Any heal checks would be appreciated).
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:11 am

"Huh? OH! Right. Uhm, Coconuts, no, but I've had to fix people hit by other sorts of things...Let me take a look...Uhm...Okay..." Aurora looked at him for a moment, checking the impact site.

--

Heal checks for the injury.
1d20+10 = 15+10 = 25
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:24 am

Caden2112 wrote:"Huh? OH! Right. Uhm, Coconuts, no, but I've had to fix people hit by other sorts of things...Let me take a look...Uhm...Okay..." Aurora looked at him for a moment, checking the impact site.

--

Heal checks for the injury.
1d20+10 = 15+10 = 25
Torque will be fine, just give him a bit and the spinning will stop. There might be a bit of swelling, but the impact was more bark than bite: the coconut caved in on itself and minimized the actual damage.
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:40 am

A1C Bronymous wrote:Flashpoint is mildly conflicted. On the one hoof, he is, on impulse, tense at the potential coconut assault, and ready to fight back. On the other hoof, that was easily one of the funniest things he's seen in a long time. As such he does his best to keep a straight face, despite the telltale symptoms of someone holding back a fit of laughter. He covers his face with a wing and pretends to cough while he regains his composure, and then is all business. "Everyone drop your damn coconuts, the crazy one is down." He steps into the room and looks around. "We're investigating missing students, and we know you know one of them."

General perception on the room and the students: 11+11=22

Aside from the general shock of the situation, the students seem a little taken aback when you mention a missing student. Zanbar in particular raises an eyebrow when you say that.

The room is not too large, maybe 15 by 15 feet with the edges being lined by large bookcases filled with old tomes and strange items like totems and artifacts. A large table sits in the center of the room, where the students are gathered around, and around that are five fairly simple cushioned seats. Aside from that, there is something covered by a large white sheet sitting in a corner, looking vaguely lumpy under the fabric. Between the table and the bookcases, scattered across the ground, are little push trays that can be moved around, most of them positioned next to bean bags that are also spread across open spaces in the room. Overall, a fairly average looking club room, in line with your mental image of a history club.
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:47 am

"I'm... sorry about my friend's reaction. He's jumpy." Zanbar nudges Stone Circle with an elbow, and he mutters a quick apology. "Now... Mirror is missing, you say? Are you sure she hasn't just wandered off somewhere? I find she tends to do that when she needs some fresh air, Mr... ah, Ow That Still Stings Flashpoint, was it?"

Skyline noticeably glowers at the zebra, but he doesn't speak up.
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:18 am

"Not unless her need for fresh air lasts several hours, and would cause her to miss giving a speech as a student of honor this morning." Torque got into an upright position and pulled out his notepad. "We're following up on a few leads, and since she was known to be a member of this club, we hoped you might be able to help us."

1. What can you tell me about Mirrored Clear? Her personality, interests, favorite period of history?
2. What activities does the history club engage in? Study sessions, research, field trips? I understand that you at one point were petitioning for a field trip past the Crystal Range.
3. If I am correct, there's another club member not presently here: Deep Secret, the geology major. Have any of you seen her today?
4. ...What is that board you have on the table? Some sort of game?
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:28 am

Lyntermas wrote:"Not unless her need for fresh air lasts several hours, and would cause her to miss giving a speech as a student of honor this morning."  Torque got into an upright position and pulled out his notepad. "We're following up on a few leads, and since she was known to be a member of this club, we hoped you might be able to help us."

1. What can you tell me about Mirrored Clear? Her personality, interests, favorite period of history?
2. What activities does the history club engage in? Study sessions, research, field trips? I understand that you at one point were petitioning for a field trip past the Crystal Range.
3. If I am correct, there's another club member not presently here: Deep Secret, the geology major. Have any of you seen her today?
4. ...What is that board you have on the table? Some sort of game?
"Mmm." Zanbar taps his chin. "I dunno. That's an awful lot of questio- OW!" He flinches when Copper Brick apparently kicks him under the table. 

"Don't antagonist the guys we chucked a coconut at."

"Stone Circle chucked a coconut at. I reserve the right to be as much of an ass as I want." Zanbar leans back into his chair."Hmph. Mirror? Oh, she's a party animal, as wild a filly as they get. She's really cute, too... ACK!" Another kick, and Zanbar glares at Brick. "Stop that."

"Can you be serious for once?" Copper places a hoof to her temple, massaging the side of her head tiredly. 

"What, like the time I got you to f- MY SHIN!" Zanbar almost screams, his whole body going rigid. "OK! OK! I'll play your stupid cop game! We mostly study extracurricular topics out of interest, but sometimes we do school work, too."

Copper speaks up. "The expedition was Deep's idea. We read a report about an ancient elken city discovered in the Crown of Ice and it coincided with our study of advanced ancient civilisations. Didn't go through, but it was worth a try."

"Uh... Did I see Deep Secret? Today?" Zanbar peers out at nothing, putting on an exaggerated thinking expression. "I don't think so. The shock of four ponies barging into our meeting room must have scrambled my poor delicate memories." To this, Copper shrugs in agreement. 

"Oh, and that's just monopony." He gestures dismissively at the board.
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:19 pm

"...No, no, let Zanbar dig his own grave, by all means. His refusal to cooperate is so endearing when we're looking into his friends' disappearance." Aurora glared at him before casually trotting over to get a look at the board herself. "See, what makes it amusing is, we know she was involved in the kind of thing that, if she's not careful, is going to get her killed. Possibly already has. So him trying that 'party mare' lie on us just makes him look ever so suspicious. That said, maybe I'm reading too much into it and he just didn't like her in particular. But if he knows something..." She made it a point to be kind of a condescending jerk at this point. Antagonizing a necromancer was rarely wise, but she felt it essential to impress upon him the severity of the situation. Plus if he was behind it, she wanted to make it clear that he was in deep trouble. She took a moment to look around at the others, seeing how they were reacting.

---

Rolling Perception to try and read the expressions of the suspects.
1d20+8 = 6+8 = 14.
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:27 am

Caden2112 wrote:Rolling Perception to try and read the expressions of the suspects.
1d20+8 = 6+8 = 14.

Copper's expression is just incredulous, possibly at Zanbar, and a little anxious. Zanbar is...
Well, it's a shit eating grin. Meanwhile, Stone Circle looks somewhat pensive, as though in thought.
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:55 am

Torque was becoming more and more convinced that these students weren’t the criminal masterminds he had expected. Either that or they were REALLY good at acting nonchalant about an investigation into their activities. Deep Secret was still in the running, though. Her direct mention in the journal and her volunteering of the trip to the elken city (which was the same language as the “gibberish”) was moving her more firmly in Torque’s crosshairs.

Torque continued writing down notes. “Let’s see, what’s next?

1. Has Mirrored Clear been acting strangely these past few days?
2. Have you heard the names Xenith or Streaker before?
3. Could you tell us a little more about the elken city? Did Mirrored show any interest in the trip or in elken society?”

Torque thought for a moment. “Flashpoint, I believe I overheard you talking with Mirrored’s roommate about some type of costume she wore for the club?”
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:28 pm

Lyntermas wrote:Torque was becoming more and more convinced that these students weren’t the criminal masterminds he had expected. Either that or they were REALLY good at acting nonchalant about an investigation into their activities. Deep Secret was still in the running, though. Her direct mention in the journal and her volunteering of the trip to the elken city (which was the same language as the “gibberish”) was moving her more firmly in Torque’s crosshairs.

Torque continued writing down notes. “Let’s see, what’s next?

1. Has Mirrored Clear been acting strangely these past few days?
2. Have you heard the names Xenith or Streaker before?
3. Could you tell us a little more about the elken city? Did Mirrored show any interest in the trip or in elken society?”

Torque thought for a moment. “Flashpoint, I believe I overheard you talking with Mirrored’s roommate about some type of costume she wore for the club?”

Zanbar shrugs, Stone Circle frowns and shakes his head, and Copper does so as well, in regards to the first question.

"Xenith?" Zanbar quirks an eyebrow. "Where'd you hear that from?" You see him subtly covering the board with an empty potato chips packet.
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:59 pm

AleneShazam wrote: "Xenith?" Zanbar quirks an eyebrow. "Where'd you hear that from?" You see him subtly covering the board with an empty potato chips packet.

Torque stood up (now a bit more balanced) and started walking towards the table. "Funny you should ask. One of our leads indicated that Mirrored was working on some big project with a necromancer named Xenith. High-level stuff, according to Miss Aurora here. Which brings up the obvious question: if Mirrored needed advanced necromancy assistance, why wouldn't she ask you?"

Torque then quickly turned away from Zanbar and lifted the chips packet from the table to see the board underneath. "So, who's winning?"

Rolling Perception on the board...11 (1d20) + 8 = 19
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:43 am

Lyntermas wrote:Torque thought for a moment. “Flashpoint, I believe I overheard you talking with Mirrored’s roommate about some type of costume she wore for the club?”

"Yeah, a creepy cape or something. Though looking around at the decor, not much of a revelation."
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:53 am

Lyntermas wrote:
AleneShazam wrote: "Xenith?" Zanbar quirks an eyebrow. "Where'd you hear that from?" You see him subtly covering the board with an empty potato chips packet.

Torque stood up (now a bit more balanced) and started walking towards the table. "Funny you should ask. One of our leads indicated that Mirrored was working on some big project with a necromancer named Xenith. High-level stuff, according to Miss Aurora here. Which brings up the obvious question: if Mirrored needed advanced necromancy assistance, why wouldn't she ask you?"

Torque then quickly turned away from Zanbar and lifted the chips packet from the table to see the board underneath. "So, who's winning?"

Rolling Perception on the board...11 (1d20) + 8 = 19
That's definitely not monopony.
Obscure characters rim the edge of the board, surrounding some sort of engraving of a vortex like shape that starts from the center of the board, eight arms branching out from the center, curving inwards and tapering to a point, the point of each arm on either a corner or the dead center of a side, just barely joining with the text of the edge. At the center of the board, resting within an octagon formed by the base of each arm, is an eight pointed star, with a carving of a closed eye at the center of the star.

Ignoring the exposed board, Zanbar rolls his eyes. "Hypothetically speaking, even if I knew how to distill souls, why would I endanger my placement here by assisting in such... ethically questionable activities? You wound me with your accusations."
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:55 am

A1C Bronymous wrote:
Lyntermas wrote:Torque thought for a moment. “Flashpoint, I believe I overheard you talking with Mirrored’s roommate about some type of costume she wore for the club?”

"Yeah, a creepy cape or something. Though looking around at the decor, not much of a revelation."
As a matter of fact, you don't actually see any sign of anything similar to a cloak in the room.
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 33 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 21 ... 33  Next