Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Faster Than Light: Harmony Edition (PbP/PT)

+5
Senshuken
AleneShazam
Crystalite
tygerburningbright
Caden2112
9 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Faster Than Light: Harmony Edition (PbP/PT) - Page 2 Empty Re: Faster Than Light: Harmony Edition (PbP/PT)

Post  Crystalite Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:54 am

I wouldn't worry about it. If we can get an idea of the flavor and background you want it isn't hard for us to make suggestions from there.

Speaking of which. My own combat build is terrible, does anyone have suggestions? I'm wanting a tanky, stall-around sort of build that focuses on staying alive until I have a butt ton of PiPs. Alternatively, I'd like to cast Thunderstorm in such a manner that I can't be struck by it (Just me, everyone else can deal with it.)
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Faster Than Light: Harmony Edition (PbP/PT) - Page 2 Empty Re: Faster Than Light: Harmony Edition (PbP/PT)

Post  Faege Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:10 pm

Crystalite wrote:I wouldn't worry about it. If we can get an idea of the flavor and background you want it isn't hard for us to make suggestions from there.

Speaking of which. My own combat build is terrible, does anyone have suggestions? I'm wanting a tanky, stall-around sort of build that focuses on staying alive until I have a butt ton of PiPs. Alternatively, I'd like to cast Thunderstorm in such a manner that I can't be struck by it (Just me, everyone else can deal with it.)
May I offer a suggestion?

Spoiler:
This is fairly good as far as first rounders go; it's an *almost* (depends on how the GM stats combat) guaranteed first turn +4 with no drawbacks. Now, it's still a +2/Resist 3 even if you get hit, but my character is fairly good at drawing fire and you shouldn't have to worry too much about taking damage. If your build is centered around high energy nuking then my character can probably cover you between shots.

If not, consider this instead. It gives resist and temp HP, and you can maintain it without much difficulty. Within a couple of turns, most of the nova attacks should be within reach.

Spoiler:

But I'm by no means an expert at combat builds, so if there's anyone else who would like to give any input that would be great.

Faege
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:37 pm

Perfect Focus is brilliant! Especially as I already have a few ways to avoid damage myself. Form of the Tree is a little meh because I like havung options, but will definitely be adding Perfect Focus the next time I'm in front of a computer.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  GreyVestibule Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:28 pm

Alright, I still need to do the questionaire and combat talents, figuring I'll have a focus on support, but I thought I'd share what I got in the meantime. Say hello to Seva the ACHE. Don't worry, they don't bite.
GreyVestibule
GreyVestibule
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:57 pm

... Eeeeeeewwwww. I love it! But eeeeeewww.

EDIT: I'm sorry, that wasn't very nice. I really do like the character, though.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  GreyVestibule Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:19 pm

It's cool lol, i quite enjoyed that reaction.
GreyVestibule
GreyVestibule
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:24 pm

That's good, because that's about what Copperette's reaction will probably be. 'Cause let's face it, turning your hooves into another pony's temporary lungs is kind of gross.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  GreyVestibule Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:55 pm

Oh yeah, totally understandable, I'd really expect a lot of ponies to have a hard time taking that sort of sight in stride. I would imagine Seva not displaying any sort of offense themselves to such a reaction. Hopefully for the sake of Copperette's sanity though, the first thing she sees will not be Seva b͢e͏i̶n̶ģ ̶o͞ǹe͜ w͘it̢h ̷a͡ńoth͢eŗ p̷o͝ny̷'s ̕f͞l͞esh as I imagine the poor filly will have a hard enough time acclimating to this different time period.
GreyVestibule
GreyVestibule
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:20 pm

GreyVestibule wrote:Hopefully for the sake of Copperette's sanity though, the first thing she sees will not be Seva b͢e͏i̶n̶ģ ̶o͞ǹe͜ w͘it̢h ̷a͡ńoth͢eŗ p̷o͝ny̷'s ̕f͞l͞esh as I imagine the poor filly will have a hard enough time acclimating to this different time period.

Considering how many ways one could misinterpret that phrase... Yeah, I hope so too Embarassed
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:26 am

In terms of setting, is there anymore information you would like added? I might disappear off the face of the earth for the next week or so starting monday so I want to make sure.
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:09 am

I have one more dumb question. Has anyone else time traveled to the 13th century before? Has 13th century society dealt with time travel before? I'm trying to figure out how long it will take Copperette and the others to figure out what just happened to her.

EDIT:
Stairc -Dan Felder wrote:
Barter in Blood:

Does being dealt damage include ongoing damage?

Yep. Smile

GreyVestibule? You should totally make this build. It's evil and it sounds like just the sort of thing Seva would do in combat. You'd pair it with effects that give yourself ongoing damage, some means of reducing saving throws (Lest they save against your Bloody Contract) and then some healing to keep yourself and maybe others alive. Perhaps a conjured weapon as a Plan B and additional flavor? Hell, give me till this afternoon and I'll probably have it fully built.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  GreyVestibule Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:36 am

Hm, I'll probably want to do the building myself but I'll definitely take suggestions. That sounds like a potentially useful utility.
GreyVestibule
GreyVestibule
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:00 am

Okay. Looking around, here are some of my suggestions as a starting point

Three talents:

Spoiler:

Barter in Blood is, obviously, the talent of the day. Blood Slash lets you get a little damage in, gives you ongoing damage without giving you an obscene amount, and gives you enough PiPs to Contract somepony on the same turn, with enough leftover for a reaction. I would pick Defender as it lets you take someone else's damage for them for extra Contract triggers, but there's a lot to pick from there.

Spoiler:

This piece of treasure strikes me as essential. You can't have them breaking the Contract, after all, and it also opens up an additional build avenue - other save ends effects. I would especially examine Vulnerability, to get more value out of the Contract.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:52 am

Crystalite wrote:I have one more dumb question. Has anyone else time traveled to the 13th century before? Has 13th century society dealt with time travel before? I'm trying to figure out how long it will take Copperette and the others to figure out what just happened to her.

Time travel is known to be possible. Definitely not common, but possible.
As for other travelers...
Twisted Evil
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:07 pm

By the way, I've roped one of my real life associates into this game. He's setting up an account, but just so we don't step on any toes, he's running an ongoing damage build that I built a while back. He's still learning the ropes in terms of Pony Tales specific gameplay, but thus far he's pitched me a fairly interesting character. Stealth oriented, real sneaky like, with some horse sensed mixed in. He'll probably be joining us within the next few days.
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Terrestial Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:09 pm

I've unofficially announced it already, so i reckon i'd be for the best if i did it here too.

I'll be joining this game, using a horse-sense oriented character, with a focus on social interactions.
As far as combat is concerned, i'll be utilizing the total yolo randomizer critfisher/wild lightning build.

Terrestial
Terrestial
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:17 pm

AleneShazam wrote:
Crystalite wrote:I have one more dumb question. Has anyone else time traveled to the 13th century before? Has 13th century society dealt with time travel before? I'm trying to figure out how long it will take Copperette and the others to figure out what just happened to her.

Time travel is known to be possible. Definitely not common, but possible.
As for other travelers...
Twisted Evil

Oh dear.

In other news, I updated my sheet some - I tweaked my combat build, finished up the questionnaire, and noticed two extra Ability points that went into a trained skill.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:05 am

For some reason my friend is unable to post links, but here it is.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1MSA-HxuC2iBP6BxSjEmkGSgBXt080uqHLBUsmGPAjVw/edit?usp=sharing
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Espresso Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:06 am

His name is Third Degree Burn AKA Degree, the draconic gunrunner.
Espresso
Espresso
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Terrestial Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:08 am

AleneShazam wrote:For some reason my friend is unable to post links, but here it is.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1MSA-HxuC2iBP6BxSjEmkGSgBXt080uqHLBUsmGPAjVw/edit?usp=sharing

Newcomers are prevented from posting external links for a week after the registration. My friend had the same problem with Era Victoria, remember?

Espresso wrote:His name is Third Degree Burn AKA Degree, the draconic gunrunner.

That being said, welcome aboard.

Quite literally so, considering we're bound to start on a ship of sorts..
Terrestial
Terrestial
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:24 am

Espresso wrote:His name is Third Degree Burn AKA Degree, the draconic gunrunner.

Oh my. I must say, I'm impressed.

That out of the way, welcome to Pony Tales!
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Espresso Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:13 am

Crystalite wrote:

Oh my. I must say, I'm impressed.

That out of the way, welcome to Pony Tales!

Well, I just did the out of combat stuff. Alene did most of the combat mechanics, I just kind of gave him suggestions to work with.
Espresso
Espresso
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:20 am

Perhaps, but choosing abilities and such is the easy part, creatively speaking. It's easy enough to decide which abilities look coolest to you. Making an interesting character is harder, it's always refreshing to see a new person do it so well.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Espresso Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:31 pm

Filled out questionnaire, added flight capabilities, and switched out powerup with hellfire rain for just a little ranged capability.
Espresso
Espresso
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:35 pm

Espresso wrote:Filled out questionnaire, added flight capabilities, and switched out powerup with hellfire rain for just a little AOE capability.
Excellent.
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next