Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Token Evil IC

+5
AleneShazam
Espresso
A1C Bronymous
Crystalite
DutchTilt
9 posters

Page 9 of 19 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 19  Next

Go down

Token Evil IC - Page 9 Empty Re: Token Evil IC

Post  Espresso Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:32 am

Iota shrugs off the earth pony's hammer blows, and barely flinches at the explosion of lightning energy as it advances on its opponents. The Midnight's Blade in its hands glows suddenly, first with a burst of fire, then seeming to swallow up the shadows and darkness around the area and physically growing longer the more shadows it absorbs, finally stopping its transformation once it has reached the size of an impossibly large two-handed greatsword.

Combat mechanics:
HP: 30
Energy: 0
Conditions: Resist 6, Regen 5, Reroll d8 d10 or d12, Blood Pact, 1 Hellfire Rune
Espresso
Espresso
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:48 am

Mammoth's turn
"I said, DIE!"
Infuriated at how unharmed Iota is, Mammoth winds up again, striking Iota with a crushing blow that leaves even the sturdy suit of armor dazed and staggering.
"My hooves! What in Tartarus are you made of?!"

Mist's turn
Mist, now no longer blinded, swings around to focus her attention on the swarm of kobolds that have suddenly appeared, notably the one that appears to be in charge who just tossed a banner at them. Spinning on the spot, she sends another orb of crackling energy at one of the swarms, which spreads like wildfire, electrocuting handfuls of the buggers as well as delivering a nasty shock to Krix himself.

Summary:
Iota takes 20 damage from Mammoth's attack.
Krix, Swarm A and Swarm B takes 11 damage from Mist's attack.
Mist does not save against Resist.

It's Brightheart's turn next.

Combat Wombat:

Initiative Order:
Turbulent Mist (Pegasus) Resist 2 Save ends
Brightheart
Krix
>Swarm A
>Swarm B
Noble Domain (Unicorn)
Iota
Mammoth (Earth Pony)

Last edited by AleneShazam on Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  jaguargamma Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:58 pm

"I'm the metal one that Princess Celestia had built to detect changeling infiltrators. I was assaulted by changelings earlier today that mentioned having drones in position to steal treasures from the vault, and I'm getting unusual readings from the mare standing beside the High Paladin."

She turns to look at Argent Light. "My reason for being here involves details that, as far as I'm aware, may be classified. I'm afraid I won't be at liberty to answer you until my sensors are clear, sir."
jaguargamma
jaguargamma
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Faege Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:13 pm

Brightheart frowns - his allies are taking quite a pounding, and he feels somewhat sorry for the hordes of kobolds being mowed down by the enemy's lightning. Igniting Sunlight, he points it at Domain, and a lance of sunlight launches out, which explodes in a bright flash on impact, blinding all of the guards.

Summary:
Domain takes 8 damage, and all the guards are blinded until the end of Brightheart's next turn.

Combat Mechancs:

HP: 27
Energy: 2

Faege
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:30 am

Any noise or curse Krix had made in pain was lost to the yelps of the swarm, which has thinned out slightly due to a good quarter or so either getting hit by lightning and getting knocked out or fleeing, or dragging out those who fell. But even with so many leaving the fight the swarms pushes onwards and continue their assaults while Krix plans his next move...

Krix:
Inspired: +2 HP
Critfisher (+3, 2d10) Roll: 7, 8

Kobold Swarm A:
Blazing Blade Damage Roll: 7
7 Damage to Pegasus, Unicorn, and Earth Pony

Kobold Swarm B:
Blazing Blade Damage Roll: 5
5 Damage to Pegasus, Unicorn, and Earth Pony

HP: 20
Pips: 3

Kobold Swarm A | B
HP: 29 | 29
Pips: 6 | 6
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:19 am

Domain's Interrupts
Domain braces himself again against the swarm of kobolds that rush at him, conjuring up a hasty shield that only manages to block some of the kobolds.

Summary:
Domain immediately gains 5 Temp HP for the first Swarm attack.

Interrupt Wombat:
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:24 am

Argent Light looks between Tender and Recon, before sighing and holding a hoof up to his temple. "I don't know what exactly your sensors are picking up, but Tender is not an infiltrator. I can vouch for her legitimacy."

Domain's turn
Domain seems to be in a pretty bad way, covered in vicious bites and scratches and welts from the kobolds and from all the other attacks. Still, he conjures up a wave of shielding for Mist again, and determinedly faces down the assembled villains.

Summary:
Mist gains temp 4, Domain heals for 5.

It's Iota's turn next.

Combat Wombat:

Initiative Order:
Turbulent Mist (Pegasus) Resist 2 (Save ends) Blinded
Brightheart
Krix
>Swarm A
>Swarm B
Noble Domain (Unicorn) Super bloodied and Blinded
Iota
Mammoth (Earth Pony) Blinded
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Senshuken Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:43 am

"With all due respect Paladin Light, do you have any actual evidence to support your claim or are we to trust your gut feeling over a piece of equestrian equipment that is designed to detect infiltrators?" Broken offered in an oh so helpful manner.
Senshuken
Senshuken
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Espresso Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:04 pm

Iota actually buckles briefly from the impact - even through the demonscale armor, Iota's magical core flickers unsteadily for a moment, before automatic reparations kick in and immediately starts regenerating the cracks in its armor plating. "...Impressive. Almost... hurt."

Rather than continuing to engage the earth pony, however, Iota backs away, and swinging the Midnight Greatsword through the air, tries to clip the pegasus in flight, hopefully discouraging her from attacking Iota's allies.

Combat mechanics:
Espresso
Espresso
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:58 pm

"I have a very good, very classified reason." Argent Light says. "The Princess is aware of it, of course, and we can confirm at a later date during Day Court if you so wish.

Mammoth's turn
"Get back here!" Mammoth growls, swiping blindly in an attempt to get to Iota - then he shakes his head and decides to just go for a desperate tackle - it's bound to hit someone, right?
And indeed, it hits someone - specifically, he falls right into a swarm of kobolds, flattening a few and in his thrashing around, getting quite a few more - but receiving a few nasty cuts of his own as a result.

Mist's turn
Mist, meanwhile, starts flying in a tight spiral, forcing together water vapor into a ring of clouds, then condensing the ring into a dark, roiling ring of thunderclouds that spark and start charging up with energy, actually seeming to get more and more volatile and energetic as more arcs of electricity cross the gap of the ring. There's the sharp scent of ozone in the air, and then-

CRACK! A massive bolt of white-hot lightning comes crashing down, hitting Brightheart and sending the knight halfway across the room, landing in a smoking heap. But before anyone can react, the lightning surges within the cloud again, and another streak of lightning arcs down, this time hitting Iota straight in the chest with a slightly weaker bolt than before. A third bolt then rips free of the coil of energy, carving a swathe through Swarm B, before a fourth and final bolt arcs out in Brightheart's direction, missing him and striking a wall instead.

Completely spent, Mist loses control of her flight, and is forced to land to catch her breath again.

Summary:
Swarm A takes 13 damage from Mammoth's attack.
Brightheart takes 33 damage from Mist's Tesla #1.
Iota takes 19 damage from Mist's Tesla #2.
Swarm B takes 13 damage from Mist's Tesla #3.
Mist saves against Resist.

It's Krix's turn next.

Combat Wombat:

Initiative Order:
Turbulent Mist (Pegasus) Blinded, Skips next turn
Brightheart Unconscious
Krix
>Swarm A
>Swarm B
Noble Domain (Unicorn) Super bloodied, Blinded
Iota
Mammoth (Earth Pony) Blinded
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Espresso Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:15 pm

Interrupt:

Iota reaches out with a gauntlet, first at Mammoth when he tackles the Swarm, then at Mist as she prepares to unleash her second bolt of lightning, a claw made of shadows erupting from the armored glove and forming sort of shackles around their legs that bite into the limbs and limit their combat effectiveness. The hellfire rune then ignites on Mist, setting her ablaze with hellish red flames as well.

Combat Mechanics:
Espresso
Espresso
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:23 pm

Post-Interrupt Summary:
Swarm A takes 13 damage from Mammoth's attack.
Brightheart takes 33 damage from Mist's Tesla #1.
Iota takes 10 damage from Mist's Tesla #2.
Swarm B takes 7 damage from Mist's Tesla #3.

Initiative Order:
Turbulent Mist (Pegasus) Skips next turn, Weakened (Save ends), Bloodied, Vuln 4
Brightheart Unconscious
Krix
>Swarm A
>Swarm B
Noble Domain (Unicorn) Super bloodied
Mammoth (Earth Pony), Weakened (Save ends), Super Bloodied
Iota

Last edited by AleneShazam on Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  jaguargamma Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:36 pm

Recon looks from Argent to Tender, and then back again.

"I'll ignore the readings and give you the benefit of the doubt, if only because I'm technically supposed to be classified, myself. The most I will say with the pen pusher present is that I'm investigating a matter involving several villainous factions, and that they're trying to acquire a particular treasure from the vault. I'm working undercover with one of the villain groups involved in the contest."

She looks toward the gate. "If you still smell changelings, it might be because I'm using the changeling queen that gave Her Highness trouble a few months back as my cover disguise. That or I'm still covered in changeling crap from when they glued me to a wall earlier today. Or maybe both."
jaguargamma
jaguargamma
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:38 pm

Turning to watch his pony ally fly across the hallway in glee, Krix's sadism is tempered by the fact that he doesn't want to die, and that requires having someone to put in front of him. He grabs another kobold from nowhere, this one carrying such an abundance of cloth it is hard to tell if it can actually see where it is going. "Get the jolly pony back up," he instructs with a point towards the unconscious paladin, which the cloth-carrying kobold skitters to. With the pony being treated, Krix turns his attention back to the battle. He points upwards and shouts out a rallying cry. "Everyone! Pile on! Rip them apart!" With that, kobolds, both those in the swarms and those hiding away out of fear or injury, rushes into a mosh pile on the unicorn and the earth pony. While they struggle to resist pushing each other out of the way to get a serious grip on the unicorn, those rushing the earth pony are far more successful, climbing on top of him to get as many kobolds shredding into him as possible. While he does not join in on the bloodshed, Krix relishes in it from his safe distance with a evil cackle, his sadism satisfied. Soon, the cowards and the impaired retreat once again into nothingness, leaving the kobold swarms to the size they were before the command, somewhere around thirty five or so...

Meanwhile, the Kobold Warden's idea of helping involves flinging cloth on top of Brightheart's wounds and pushing the pony back up, and just hoping the pony can stay up and doesn't collapse on the little kobold...

Kobold Swarm A is Bloodied

Krix:
Conjure Warden

Kobold Swarm A:
Meteor Smash Damage Roll: 2 + 1 + 1 + 7 = 11
11 Damage to Unicorn

Kobold Swarm B:
Meteor Smash Damage Roll: 12 + 12 + 10 + 7 = 41
41 Damage to Earth Pony

Kobold Warden (Spectral Warden):
Warden’s Boon Roll: 4
Brightheart gains 4 HP

HP: 20
Pips: 3

Kobold Swarm A | B
HP: 16 | 22
Pips: 0 | 0

Kobold Warden
HP: 1
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:01 am

"So... what exactly do you want to do here?" The paladin raises an eyebrow after listening to Recon's account.

After a long, drawn out struggle, the earth pony and unicorn finally succumb to the torrent of furious kobolds, disappearing under a writhing, flailing pile of little reptilians. When they withdraw, all that's left is an unidentifiable splatter and bits of shredded armor scattered across the ground.

It's Iota's turn.

Initiative Order:
Turbulent Mist (Pegasus) Skips next turn, Weakened (Save ends), Bloodied, Vuln 4, Ongoing 5 (Save ends)
Brightheart
Krix
>Swarm A
>Swarm B
Noble Domain (Unicorn) The opposite of alive
Mammoth (Earth Pony) ditto
Iota
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  jaguargamma Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:15 am

"The first item the villains are intent to steal is the Princess' 'family jewels'. Obviously, an artifact of personal significance to Her Highness to be guarded this heavily. If the villains succeed in stealing it, it's unlikely that they'll handle it with proper care, or that we'll ever get it back. My plan is to procure it first. I can track who has it and where it goes, so it can be reclaimed when my investigation is complete."

Recon pauses for a beat, then adds, "And I probably should've asked Princess Celestia for proof of her consent to this plan while I was still in the Solar Court with her, huh?"
jaguargamma
jaguargamma
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Espresso Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:47 pm

Though it seems as though the pegasus won't be able to put up much more of a fight, Iota prefers to be cautious than dead, and swinging the Midnight Greatsword through the air, Iota produces a shadowy ripple in the air that seems to cling to Iota's armor - as well as lash out at the pegasus with ribbons of razor-sharp magical darkness.

Combat Mechanics:
Espresso
Espresso
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:54 am

Mist was already barely standing up, and with the final shadowy attack, she goes down as well, bleeding out from multiple wounds.

((Combat is over))

So... you're going to take the jewels. The Guardian says. Understood. Gotcha. Ah...

No.

The ground shakes a little bit at the flat rejection of Recon's plan.
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Faege Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:04 am

"Did anyone, eh, get the number on that Taurus demon?" Brightheart asks woozily, before shaking his head slightly, the helmet rattling at the motion. "I mean- ah... that was too close for comfort. I could see dear Grandmother at the end of the tunnel. You have my sincerest thanks, little kobold--"

He stops suddenly - is it just him, or are there a hell of a lot less kobolds in the room?

"Hmm. Perhaps I should patch myself up, first..."

Dice:

Faege
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  jaguargamma Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:01 am

"Yes," Recon sighed. "Yes, I should've thought of that. Unfortunately, I have no time to go get one or argue the point with you, because the first villains have very likely slaughtered the guards outside by now, and are seconds away from coming down that tunnel. And if you defeat them, the changelings are already gearing up for their run at the vault, and there are many more villain groups waiting for their turns."

With that, Recon turns to leave.

"I'll go inform Her Highness of your decision. My investigation's as good as over without those jewels anyway. I'm sure she'll just write off any staffers, nobles, and Royal Guard ponies those villains butcher on their way to fight you as acceptable losses."
jaguargamma
jaguargamma
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:17 pm

Krix scuttles over to Iota, and mutters "Did you really have to finish flying guard off so soon? We..." The kobold gives a tiny snicker and he moves forward to the pegasus clacking his claws, "We were gonna enjoy hurting pony for what they did to us." He digs into one of her fresher wounds and, with hands covered in blood, relishes in licking them and rubbing them on his face and chest. "I guess it's for the best. The others villains are still moving forward, can't get distracted. Finish her off armour pony, it's time to move!"
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Senshuken Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:35 pm

Broken said nothing as the metal tin can of a Changeling continued to talk; After all, he was playing as a member of Celestia's staff loyal to the throne and in such a role he didn't have anything to say just yet... but internally he couldn't help but wonder where the robot's loyalties actually laid. The metal bug was no doubt a problem that was going to have to be taken care of, but her blatant disregard for the possible ambush that might have launched wasn't going to do them any favors by herself. The chance to avoid having to fight the vault's guardian was something that needed to be attempted through...

"Even if I am disappointed with the manner that these paladins have presented themselves so far, I doubt that loyal servants of Celestia would fall easily against this foul tide of invaders... but there is more at work here then just a piece of jewelry that Celestia favors. Those who assault our fair city to seize it at this very moment have already claimed the lives of innocent ponies who have done nothing more then been a target of opportunity at the will of a yet unseen puppet master for reasons unknown." For a moment, the pride and ego of the facade faded away as Broken looked at the captain of the paladins with a haunted expression. "While she will hide it from the public, Princess Celestia will be deeply hurt and heart broken by the deaths of her subjects all because of her jewelry."

Shaking his head at the mental image of a heart broken Celestia, Broken's words seemed to get a bit of fire in them again as he rallied "If we give this... robot the jewels, not only do we have a chance of uncovering who is behind all this senseless bloodshed and why but if we spread word quickly enough that the jewels have been stolen then the other invaders will abandon the city like the pathetic vultures they are an no doubt pursue the group that has the jewels. Is it not your duty to do what is best for Equestria and not just it's Monarch?"
Senshuken
Senshuken
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:20 pm

The guardian snorts. Mmm. I think I've heard quite enough about things I don't care about. Paladins, please kindly remove this pencil pusher from my sight, he can continue pretending to kiss Celestia's ass somewhere else. Oh, and little metal changeling, do feel free to come back sometime, I do quite like your scent. And- well, if you ever feel like you absolutely do need the gems, come back with something substantial enough to cover the emptiness the jewels will leave in my heart... After that overdramatic bit of dialogue, the guardian falls silent again.

Argent seems quite happy to follow the guardian's instructions, especially after Broken bad-mouthed his subordinates so casually, though he seems somewhat thoughtful about what Recon proposed previously. "Yes, ma'am. Sir, we have our orders, so please this way..." He starts to usher Broken back towards the exit.

Tender looks warily between the guardian's door, Broken, and Recon, before following after Argent.
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  jaguargamma Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:34 pm

"You might not care, but Princess Celestia does. I don't have time to explain this body's override protocols or argue with you over how they work, so you'll have to take this up with her. There are villains coming down the corridor to take those jewels by force, so I need to get back in character. Speaking of which...." she looks to Argent and Tender. "They will kill you two if you try to engage them. I'm heavily damaged from my earlier encounter with the changelings, so  I can't do anything to help you except use my cover with them to convince them to let you go. I'll leave it at your call."
jaguargamma
jaguargamma
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:43 pm

Still standing by the wall, the twins kept a morbid disgust while watching the brutal fight... or they tried to, but at some point their moral outrage bled away into something more crazed. Something ravenous. Slowly, they advance again, gazing at the remaining intact guard. Hallows stops to lap at the blood on the floor, and Gallows pushes Krix out of the way, circling the corpse. The two scavengers remain silent, seemingly losing all semblance of civility as they attack the carrion, ripping bits of flesh and meat from the bones in a gory feast...
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 19 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 19  Next