Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zilean's Revenge

+3
A1C Bronymous
Kris_The_Guest
Lyntermas
7 posters

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

Zilean's Revenge - Page 7 Empty Re: Zilean's Revenge

Post  Ramsus Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:44 pm

Ok, I'm back now. Yeah, I was moving and there wasn't anything I could do about the no internet thing. (I might have to be at the previous place with no internet later tonight and tomorrow, not entirely sure.) Man you guys sure posted a lot more than what I would have expected. Wonder why Kris has vanished. She mentioned college earlier but....you'd think she would have posted at least once or twice since then. Plenty of other people on the forum are having various troubles with power/internet though so, she might be too.

What went through Skitter's mind was: Mushrooms....can often be harmful. No way to tell how deep that water is. Ledge might hurt my arms a bit but, it's the best bet. And thus he grabbed for the ledge. (*roll* What am I rolling here? Athletics? Whatever. d20 says...... it hates me 5.)
Ramsus
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:07 pm

Oh good, your back! Now we can move on... to....

Dammit. Back to the story.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:15 pm

I'm probably stuck on this little solo adventure for a while anyway. You might as well go on your trip down false-memory lane. Also, I am now of the theory that Horizon is just Rolf's imaginary friend and this is why he's so crazy and paladins and such ignore him.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:30 pm

Good to hear from you, Ramsus. You're probably going to be the only one "doing" much for a while (at least to interplay the time between the explosion and the bells chiming). Bronymous and I can work on our co-op (and his backstory post). Hope Kris will come back to us soon.

And Horizon being Rolf's imaginary friend? Please. Obviously Rolf is a part of Horizon that seperated from him after he saw the demon painting. Rolf symbolizes his knowledge and aptitude for magic (which is why what remains can't use magic and doesn't trust it), as well as a sort of innocence that was robbed from him. The major plot twist will occur when Rolf finds out that certain "memories" he has didn't actually happen, and he really just "appeared" a few years ago, right around when Horizon looked at the painting. Right before the final showdown against Zilean, Rolf and Horizon combine to form....*Horizon's original name", an entity trained in both martial and arcane arts, who then proceeds to curbstomp Zilean. Having mad peace with himself, Original Name goes off afterwards, no longer haunted by the visions of demons that had plagued him.

And then he dies of a heart attack due to Rolf activating the death orb.
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:00 am

That story would be 50% better if he gained his awesome power and immediately died. Like, the curse was sitting there going "error, cannot complete program" the whole time and had been trying to kill him immediately the whole time. Then "I am now a Go-hrgrrrrrrk! *dies*" Then Tiffany turns out to be her "brother", transforms into a werewolf, and mauls Zilean to death. Then Skitter kills her because he had accepted a contract on the werewolf's life. Oh and of course then Skitter dies from werewolf bite/vampire stuff combining (even though that wouldn't kill you in this setting). Yup. Everyone dies and afterwards nobody really has any clue what the crap happened or why.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:15 am

Lyntermas wrote:And Horizon being Rolf's imaginary friend? Please. Obviously Rolf is a part of Horizon that seperated from him after he saw the demon painting. Rolf symbolizes his knowledge and aptitude for magic (which is why what remains can't use magic and doesn't trust it), as well as a sort of innocence that was robbed from him. The major plot twist will occur when Rolf finds out that certain "memories" he has didn't actually happen, and he really just "appeared" a few years ago, right around when Horizon looked at the painting. Right before the final showdown against Zilean, Rolf and Horizon combine to form....*Horizon's original name", an entity trained in both martial and arcane arts, who then proceeds to curbstomp Zilean. Having mad peace with himself, Original Name goes off afterwards, no longer haunted by the visions of demons that had plagued him.

Dammit, now I have to start over. Thanks for ruining my whole story.

Interestingly enough, though, If Horizon somehow ends up dead during this whole thing, my backup character would have been a Hexblade, which of course is
an entity trained in both martial and arcane arts
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:46 am

Skitter

Skitter manages to grab onto the ledge with both arms, however the speed a which he was falling causes one of his arms to overly strain a muscle. The shock of the pain forces him to let go with the affected arm, followed by losing your grip with the other one. He continues falling down, albeit no longer as fast as he did previously and at a lesser height. He now only has enough time to aim for either the lake, the mushrooms, or to try stopping himself manually at the risk of hitting something solid (which will probably lead to more than a few broken bones). At this height, he has a better view of the lake.

Perception -> 3

He's still not sure how deep the lake is, but thanks to him "resetting" his speed by grabbing the ledge, he's pretty sure landing in it won't be fatal, even if it is shallow (It will probably hurt if it is, though).

Last edited by Zarhon on Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:33 pm

"Crud." said Skitter aloud to himself and prepared to get wet. (Is there a roll involved for this? As I'm not sure I'll just let you make it if there is.)
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:13 pm

Ooh, you could do scale of 1-20, how you hit the water:
20: feet first, legs straight but not locked, minimal pain deep or shallow
10: flailing belly flop, lots of pain, depth no longer an issue
1: head first, no fun, especially if shallow.

Story's up. These are so much easier to write when you have help.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:27 pm

Skitter

Skitter lands in the lake. Luckily, it appears the water is pretty deep, causing him no further injury.

Perception -> 16

As he's submerged from the fall, he notices something round and glossy at the bottom of the lake. It's almost as large as he is.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:08 pm

Glad I was helpful, Bronymous. I'm working on Rolf's part right now. I have the ideas fleshed out in my head, it'll just take time to type them.

Let me know if I can help in writing your "demon conversation".

Skitter, while I know you're attracted to shiny things, you might want to take a moment to surface and figure out where shore is. You can go diving for treasure after you fulfill basic survival requirements. Like air.
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:34 pm

Dragon Egg. Or one of those...things... The things Lich's use to survive and regenerate. Holds its soul or something. Phylactery.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:33 am

You guys know it's almost all Zarhon doing the "ooh shiny!" stuff right?

Skitter thinks, "Hey, that wasn't as bad as I thought it could go. Wonder what that is. It'll have to wait for a moment though..." and he headed back up the get a look around and a lungful of air. (If there's nothing particularly interesting for him to see, he'll dive back down to find out what the shiny thing is. Note: Find out. Not immediately grab without checking for things like "is this a monster" like an idiot.)
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:33 am

Skitter

After emerging from the water, he checks his surroundings. The cavern he is in is roughly circular. High above him is the hole he fell through. Matilda is roughly halfway down the walls. To his right is the mushroom patch. To his left, he can see what appears to be a small dug-out mineshaft frame/tunnel, with a few luminescent mushrooms as makeshift lanterns (which he now recognizes as the feint lights from before). The mineshaft is roughly large enough to fit a creature of Skitter's size. The rest of the cavern is fairly normal, a few mushrooms here and there, various lichens and such.

Perception -> 12

He then takes a deep breath and dives to see the object below, immediately noticing that it has changed slightly from when he saw it, gaining an extra shiny detail. After getting near enough to see it properly, he realizes the object is glassy, like a pearl, green colored, with a shiny-edged slit with a pitch black coloration in the middle.

As the slit suddenly moves, he realizes that he's looking directly into an eyeball, as large as he is. And it's looking at him.

(How good a swimmer is Skitter? And how would his shadow powers work in areas with random light-refracting conditions, such as water?)
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:19 pm

FFFFFFFFFFFF- wait. Wait. Maybe the giant water monster is friendly. Or maybe it can't fit down that mineshaft. Hopefully one of the two.
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:19 pm

"Uh oh." Skitter thinks and then starts swimming as fast as he can towards the mineshaft. ((Well, he's trained in athletics and that's also the swimming skill so probably pretty good? I think as long as there are shadows at all the shadowporting works fine?

If you guys are wondering why he didn't just try the ring of animal friendship. Well 1) It probably wouldn't work and 2) He's not really all that smart 3) Kobolds natural instincts tend towards "Run away!" ))
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:46 pm

Lyntermas wrote:FFFFFFFFFFFF- wait. Wait. Maybe the giant water monster is friendly.

MFW

Skitter

Run away! -> 2 + 8 = 10

Skitter swims as fast as his small frame allows. Tentacles start emerging from the bottom of the lake, having been hidden and dormant up till now. Skitter manages to climb out of the lake, scrambling for the mineshaft. He moves a few feet away from the lake before a gigantic tentacle emerges from the water and grabs hold of his feet. It quickly starts dragging him back into the lake.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:00 pm

Damn, the internet has failed me. No pictures of a kobold being tentacle raped. I found this though. Kinda made me giggle.

Horizon stopped short, turning back to the tunnel. "Did you hear that?" He asked, the faintest hint of what might have been fear creeping into his voice. As the paladin replied in the negative, he reached for his kukri and gripped it, firmly. He looked back in the direction they were headed. "Keep going forward until you reach a dead end. Turn right, dead end, pull the torch. The others should still be in that room. The head back to the intersection and take the other path, it should lead out." Without another word, Horizon began a quick walk back into the tunnel.

You don't have to update this, I'm still in the process of writing out the scene. Just thought I'd lead into it here.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:08 pm

"Eeeep!" shrieks Skitter in panic before he thinks "oh, right..." and teleports out of its grasp and continues running down into the mineshaft.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:04 pm

Skitter

As you teleport out of its grasp and continue running to the mineshaft, the tentacle furls its tip into itself and shakes it in your general direction, before retreating into the depths of the lake. You are now in the mineshaft. As you continue into it, it starts going steadily upwards, before splitting into a fork. The left path has the end of an unfinished minecart track, as well as a broken minecart and some mining equipment. The tools and cart are both small, sized for something of roughly Skitter's size. The right path has a small breeze blowing from it.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:14 pm

While Skitter was somewhat curious about what was down the left path, he figured he should really try to get back to the others as soon as he could so, he tread the path to the right.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:01 pm

But what about matilda? Since that was the entire reason all of that just happened.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:18 pm

Last I checked she was still crawling down here. Skitter isn't going to go back out and get eaten by the tentacle monster so he could either move ahead or sit there waiting for Matilda to show up. I figure either she'll end up coming to him going this path or she'll go the other and he'll then have an excuse to go exploring that one.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:04 pm

Skitter

Skitter continues into the right tunnel. Going steadily upwards, the tunnel becomes less rocky/cave-like and becomes more and more dirt-based. It trails off into a few short dead ends (where some mining took place, but ended for some reason) as well as some slightly-expanded chambers where the tunnel has rudimentary supports placed. He eventually reaches a chamber with various man-made stone blocks of various sizes and shapes, as well as old rotten planks and wooden boards. On the left side of the chamber is a crudely cut small hole, roughly the size of Skitter, leading somewhere. The hole has sunlight coming through it and appears to have been intentionally blocked by piled-up dirt, rocks and rubble. To the right is another tunnel, leading into an unknown area.

Off to sleep.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:15 pm

Zarhon wrote:The hole has sunlight coming through it

What time is it, again? I thought the sun had set by now.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next