Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Investigators of the Odd

+3
Demonu
Quietkal
The Warrior of Many Faces
7 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

Investigators of the Odd - Page 40 Empty Re: Investigators of the Odd

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:19 am

Cardbo wrote:
AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:Blackhawk breathed out slowly, for once. "Let's see here, what can I do, what can I do, come on..." Then, in between furtive glances at nearby buildings, he grinned back at Cheese Wheel. "What's the matter, cheesey? Can't keep up?"

[/spoiler]

IC: "Hah! I'm not done yet!"

OOC:[+1] Wheel Merchantile Brand Healing Salve (Healing Salve)
Target ally regains 1d10+3 hp.

Roll(1d10)+3:
6,+3
Total:9

IC: Cheese takes a swig from the healing salve and puts it away. He gazes at the golem, attempting to discern some weakness.

OOC: Does it have any weakness. Is it flammable. Is there a maximum range it can stray from its caster?
Roll(1d20)+11:
1,+11
Total:12
http://sadtrombone.com/

OOC: Perception Check. Lets try this again. Does it have a weakness?
Roll(1d20)+14:
5,+14
Total:19

OOC: History Check. What does Cheesewheel remember about golems?
Roll(1d20)+18:
19,+18
Total:37
Woo hoo! QT Mark critical!

HP: 30, Pips 5, Feeling, Fine

You're pretty sure that the thing's flammable, but beyond that, you can't discern any weaknesses, save maybe for the fact that it so far has lost papers when it attacked.

You know that they're typically animated by unicorns for specific purposes. Very mindless and only obey the orders of the summoner unless the summoner tells them to obey somepony else. You recall that once animated, the golems aren't reliant on the summoner to remain around, although the summoner can dismiss their own golems at will. You also recall that should he have the materials, he'd be able to summon another golem within the next couple of minutes. You also recall that should a golem touch the substance it is made of, it can absorb it to last longer in combat. Finally, you recall that some sort of magic inherent in golem creation renders them immune to most status effects.

You are also aware of the history of the golem. First documented as being summoned by the Horsebrew people several centuries ago, you know that the creation of golems, while not a well-hidden secret these days, requires a fair bit of magical ability and thus was done infrequently. On the other hoof, you recall a breakthrough being made a couple of decades ago by somepony named Bright Flare, who came up with a cantrip that allows even unicorns with negligible magical ability to summon a golem so long as it relates to their Cutie Mark (demonstrating it by making a fire golem that accidentally set Princess Celestia's bedroom on fire). You're pretty sure this is how the sheriff summoned the golem.
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:42 am

Kal steps toward the sheriff, as non-aggressively as possible.
"I agree that paperwork is important, but it doesn't go out and catch criminals...Granted, you're literally using paperwork to arrest those two right now. Look. Call off the golem, and we can work something out."
[+1] Make Preparations (Gather Energy)
Kal takes a deep breath, steadying himself. Just in case the sheriff isn't convinced.
((Persuasion: 21 (11+10) ))
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:55 am

Quietkal wrote:Kal steps toward the sheriff, as non-aggressively as possible.
"I agree that paperwork is important, but it doesn't go out and catch criminals...Granted, you're literally using paperwork to arrest those two right now. Look. Call off the golem, and we can work something out."
[+1] Make Preparations (Gather Energy)
Kal takes a deep breath, steadying himself. Just in case the sheriff isn't convinced.
((Persuasion: 21 (11+10) ))

"Unless you can convince them to fill out all the proper paperwork before they leave, there's nothing to discuss," the sheriff replies.

In the meantime, the golem attacks Cheese once again with a mighty punch (9 damage), more papers scattering as it does.

Barabus makes his way over to Cheese. "Look, Cheese, I'm no strategist, so it's pretty clear that you're the one who's gonna have to make the plan to take this thing down. I know you can do it."

[Friendly Encouragement: roll twice on your next attack and take either result. The wording seems to indicate that it'll be held until you actually make an attack, so feel free to continue setting up if you want.]
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:39 pm

OOC:Yah. Its not my turn. Talking anyway. Hope this doesn't confuse anyone.

"I'd thought you corrupt, Sherriff, but I see I was wrong. .You're actually bat-apples insane.. Anyway, I'll sign you're paperwork if you can answer my questions. How does that enormous amount of paperwork help in catching badguys? How does questions about the suspects that would require 30 years of intimate knowledge in order to answer satisfactorily help? How does extra paperwork for snarkiness help? I honestly want to know whats you're aim to all this."

OOC: Persuasion check to get him to answer my questions.
Roll(1d20)+11:
8,+11
Total:19

OOC:Would really appreciate if others would assist in this skill check.

Last edited by Cardbo on Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Cardbo
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:55 pm

((I guess Kal can retro-actively assist with his previous success, since Cheese seems like he's at least considering doing the paperwork, but I'd gauge that more as a lowering of the DC than me rolling to see the success of the assist.))
Corrupt? Why would I corrupt the sheriff? I might not be one to volunteer for action, but I know better than to work against the law enforcement. At least, in a visible way.
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:06 am

"Look, even if you think we're wrong, abandoning the paperwork like we did," Blackhawk chimed in, "Putting off puttin' those guys in jail to do the paperwork's just gonna let them get up and hurt ponies. Including you."

Spoiler:
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:10 am

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:"Look, even if you think we're wrong, abandoning the paperwork like we did," Blackhawk chimed in, "Putting off puttin' those guys in jail to do the paperwork's just gonna let them get up and hurt ponies. Including you."

Spoiler:

The sheriff blinks, looks over at the Wrecking Crew, then moves them via Ponykinesis into the cells and locks them (he forgoes his next turn). "Problem solved. They're locked up. Now, fill out the paperwork or you're under arrest."
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:19 am

"Okay," Blackhawk said, and then walked forward to the paper golem, dust scraping his hooves and talons alike. He pulled out his ink pen again. "So, should this guy just stick his arm out or what're we doin' here?"
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:24 am

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:"Okay," Blackhawk said, and then walked forward to the paper golem, dust scraping his hooves and talons alike. He pulled out his ink pen again. "So, should this guy just stick his arm out or what're we doin' here?"

"I'll disassemble the golem when everypony... er, everycreature agrees to fill out the paperwork," calls the sheriff.

Barabus nods. "I think that's fair."

Zebulon reaches the Gold Coin building about now. A doorpony courteously opens the door for Zebulon, but otherwise makes no move to help him at all.
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:26 am

"Yeah, okay. Whatever." Cheese heads back into the Sheriff's office.

Cheese grabs a quill pen in one hoof. "Yeah, I don't know how I'm doing this either" and starts filling out forms.

OOC:If we're here till morning, don't say I didn't warn you.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:32 am

Cardbo wrote:"Yeah, okay. Whatever." Cheese heads back into the Sheriff's office.

Cheese grabs a quill pen in one hoof. "Yeah, I don't know how I'm doing this either" and starts filling out forms.

OOC:If we're here till morning, don't say I didn't warn you.

Since Kal didn't appear to be trying to defy the sheriff, he dissolved his paper golem. A flurry of papers flew everywhere; somehow, each person got the exact forms they were supposed to fill out (with the addition of "defying the paperwork" paperwork for everypony except the relatively cooperative Kal).

Assuming no interference, Kal finishes his paperwork in about ten minutes. Blackhawk and Barabus take about twenty-five, but for Cheese's sarcastic remarks and constant questioning of the system, it's a full fifty minutes before he's done.
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:38 am

Cheese exits the Sheriff's office. 'Now I know why there's a vigilante. Nothing would ever get done otherwise.' Cheese thinks to himself.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:55 am

((While Kal is waiting for Cheese to finish.))
"Thank you sheriff. While we wait for my...colleague to finish, I don't suppose you have any information that you could share about the vigilante?"
((If he sends any additional paperwork for this then Kal will go ahead and fill it out. Certain areas about certain parts of a certain griffon's history might not have the correct information, if you catch my driftI'm talking about the gems. Also, I'm stealing this trick from Cardbo.))
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:59 am

Quietkal wrote:((While Kal is waiting for Cheese to finish.))
"Thank you sheriff. While we wait for my...colleague to finish, I don't suppose you have any information that you could share about the vigilante?"
((If he sends any additional paperwork for this then Kal will go ahead and fill it out. Certain areas about certain parts of a certain griffon's history might not have the correct information, if you catch my driftI'm talking about the gems. Also, I'm stealing this trick from Cardbo.))

[Drift caught.]

The sheriff grinds his teeth. "Don't get me started on him. He continues to drop off criminal after criminal without filling in any of the required paperwork. I even created a brand-new form to legalize his vigilantism, but does he stick around long enough to fill it in? No!"
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:11 am

OOC: Time Paradox!

"Legalized vigilantism, you say? Let me see one of those forms Sheriff."
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:14 am

Cardbo wrote:OOC: Time Paradox!

"Legalized vigilantism, you say? Let me see one of those forms Sheriff."

"Gladly," says the sheriff, levitating the form to Cheese.

The form bascially legalizes all that the vigilante was already doing, but makes the vigilante accountable to the mayor and the sheriff and gives the vigilante a salary.

-------

https://ponytales.forumotion.com/viewtopic.forum?t=258
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40