Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Recruitment and OOC: Investigators of the Odd (WoMF's Campaign)

+9
Philadelphus
Appkes
AProcrastinatingWriter
Quietkal
XandZero2
Demonu
Brony 7 of 9
Cardbo
The Warrior of Many Faces
13 posters

Page 1 of 28 1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 28  Next

Go down

Recruitment and OOC: Investigators of the Odd (WoMF's Campaign) Empty Recruitment and OOC: Investigators of the Odd (WoMF's Campaign)

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:17 am

Need a new RP group? Come on over here! I'm not the most seasoned Faust, but I'm enthusiastic, so that's something. I'm fairly story-oriented, but do note that combat will be had. So, the basic idea:

In the wake of the Changeling invasion of Canterlot, paranoia runs rampant, and Celestia's Day Guards and Luna's Night Agents are spread thin trying to determine the extent of Changeling infiltration. So thin, in fact, that they are forced to hire some skilled groups of amateurs to investigate certain odd goings-on that the authorities simply don't have time to look into. That's where you come in.

Requirements for this RP are as follows: no Changelings, unless you can come up with a convincing way to fool a Detect Changelings spell. Your characters have to be skilled enough to warrant your recruitment, and for obvious reasons, if your character is strongly opposed to government, he/she doesn't make sense in this RP. Also note that I will be throwing in many elements from other fandoms, so if you're anti-crossover, best stay away from this campaign. Finally, I want to see some of the more recent races: Baby Dragons, Zebras, Buffalo, and the like. Non-pony races are more likely to be accepted.

Well, that's all for now. Come on over and present your characters!

EDIT:

The party is:
Brony 7 of 9, with Zebulon the Zebra
Quietkal, with Kalvin the Griffon
Cardbo, with Cheese Wheel the Earth Pony
Demonu, with Dextor the Baby Dragon
AProcrastinatingWriter, with Blackhawk the Hippogriff

Last edited by The Warrior of Many Faces on Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:34 am; edited 2 times in total
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

Back to top Go down

Recruitment and OOC: Investigators of the Odd (WoMF's Campaign) Empty Re: Recruitment and OOC: Investigators of the Odd (WoMF's Campaign)

Post  Cardbo Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:58 am

Callings dibs on Earth Ponies.(Not really) Anyway, throwing out Cheese Wheel there.
Cardbo
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Recruitment and OOC: Investigators of the Odd (WoMF's Campaign) Empty Re: Recruitment and OOC: Investigators of the Odd (WoMF's Campaign)

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:12 am

Cardbo wrote:Callings dibs on Earth Ponies.(Not really) Anyway, throwing out Cheese Wheel there.

I remember this guy! Not sure where I've seen him before, but I remember him. No problems I can see with Cheesy, so sit tight and we'll see what happens.
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:31 pm

Why not? I'll toss out Zebulon. See if I know what I'm doing.
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:40 pm

Brony 7 of 9 wrote:Why not? I'll toss out Zebulon. See if I know what I'm doing.

Oh, I like this one! You can go ahead and use Friend on the Other Side; it really fits the character, so there you go.

By the by, you're automatically in because:

1. It's a zebra. (new race)
2. I really like what you did with him.
3. You're not currently in a game to the best of my recollection.

Congrats, 7 of 9! (If you prefer a different nickname, let me know.)
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonu Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:00 pm

I have a Baby Dragon character I'd like to use.

Dextor, the baby dragon

BTW, does Friendship Is Dragons also apply to the baby dragon itself or only the other players?

Last edited by Demonu on Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:09 pm; edited 5 times in total
Demonu
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:02 pm

The Warrior of Many Faces wrote:
Cardbo wrote:Callings dibs on Earth Ponies.(Not really) Anyway, throwing out Cheese Wheel there.

I remember this guy! Not sure where I've seen him before, but I remember him. No problems I can see with Cheesy, so sit tight and we'll see what happens.

I was going to use him in XandZero2 campaign, but everyone else wound up being an Earth Pony, so I went with a different character.

EDIT: Put together a picture of Cheese Wheel.

Spoiler:
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:13 pm

Demonu wrote:I have a Baby Dragon character I'd like to use.

Dextor, the baby dragon

BTW, does Friendship Is Dragons also apply to the baby dragon itself or only the other players?

Dextor's nice and versatile, and being a baby dragon has more going for him. As for Friendship is Dragons, I'm gonna rule that it only applies to your allies. It's difficult to give yourself a morale bonus, I think.

Cardbo wrote:

I was going to use him in XandZero2 campaign, but everyone else wound up being an Earth Pony, so I went with a different character.

EDIT: Put together a picture of Cheese Wheel.

Spoiler:

Ah, that'd be where I had seen him, then. Like the picture, by the by. He reminds me of Flim and Flam. With a fez. 'Cuz fezzes are cool.
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonu Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:25 pm

Dextor, the baby dragon

Dextor's nice and versatile, and being a baby dragon has more going for him. As for Friendship is Dragons, I'm gonna rule that it only applies to your allies. It's difficult to give yourself a morale bonus, I think.
Does this mean he's in?

One last question: I know Friendship is Dragons says
Baby Dragons provide a +1 morale bonus to the skill checks of all allies the baby dragon can see.
but I think it's the other way around. In that the Baby Dragon gives a +1 bonus to all allies who can see the Baby Dragon. Because as it is worded now, a Baby Dragon could be hiding somewhere out of sight and still give a morale bonus which, from a role playing perspective, is rather odd.

I'll have to check on that later but it seems more logical. Or we can go with how it's written, which is fine by me.

Also, I'm searching for a suitable picture. Because I want it to be a bit more unique than a recoloured Spike.
Added in a picture. Ignore the wings as they can't provide flight and a bit better jump at best.

Last edited by Demonu on Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Demonu
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:35 pm

Demonu wrote:

Dextor, the baby dragon

Does this mean he's in?

One last question: I know Friendship is Dragons says
Baby Dragons provide a +1 morale bonus to the skill checks of all allies the baby dragon can see.
but I think it's the other way around. In that the Baby Dragon gives a +1 bonus to all allies who can see the Baby Dragon. Because as it is worded now, a Baby Dragon could be hiding somewhere out of sight and still give a morale bonus which, from a role playing perspective, is rather odd.

I'll have to check on that later but it seems more logical. Or we can go with how it's written, which is fine by me.

Also, I'm searching for a suitable picture. Because I want it to be a bit more unique than a recoloured Spike.

Odds are, yes. Not absolutely sure yet, however; if enough people not already in a game show up, you might be out of the running. So count yourself as a strong contender.

As for the Friendship is Dragons thing, I'd have to agree that the bonus makes more sense when allies can see the dragon.

Good luck on the picture front!
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:32 am

Demonu wrote:

Maybe this? Just tossing the suggestion out there.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:33 am

Cardbo wrote:
Demonu wrote:

Maybe this? Just tossing the suggestion out there.

Awwwwww!

I forgot about Icarus, and it's funny how he has a coloration that's actually pretty similar to Spike. Wonder which came first?

@Demonu: May I recommend a Bing search? Things like this may pop up -

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=Baby+Dragon&view=detail&id=978035406812C380366006DF648F39E1EA06E40F&first=36

^I really like that one.

BTW - Good luck on the quest WOMF. I'm interested to see how the new races fair.
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:03 pm

Would there we room for a certain griffon on this team?
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:06 pm

Quietkal wrote:Would there we room for a certain griffon on this team?

You're not currently in an RP and it's a griffon. I'm sold. You're in. Smile

If it were me, though, I might rename some of the combat talents to be more griffon-y, but hey, it's your choice.
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:10 pm

If it were me, though, I might rename some of the combat talents to be more griffon-y, but hey, it's your choice.

Yeah, I've meant to do that. IN FACT, I THINK I'LL DO THAT RIGHT NOW It's done.

Last edited by Quietkal on Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:14 pm

Quietkal wrote:

Yeah, I've meant to do that. IN FACT, I THINK I'LL DO THAT RIGHT NOW

Let me know when you're done so I can see please. Smile
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:48 pm

Page is updated. Link
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:32 pm

So are we going to be able to do the Voight-Kampff test on the ReplicantsChangelings?
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:51 pm

Cardbo wrote:So are we going to be able to do the Voight-Kampff test on the ReplicantsChangelings?

The what test?

Also, Quietkal (what's your preferred nickname?), I've read over the reflavored talents and I like what I see. Very Happy
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:54 pm

Cardbo wrote:So are we going to be able to do the Voight-Kampff test on the ReplicantsChangelings?

The what test?

BladeRunner reference. Seemed fitting.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:55 pm

This. It's a test designed to tell if someone's a human or a Replicant (basically a robot masquerading as one.)

Also, 7 of 9 is fine.
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:05 am

Brony 7 of 9 wrote:This. It's a test designed to tell if someone's a human or a Replicant (basically a robot masquerading as one.)

Also, 7 of 9 is fine.

I see. Odds are, no. It's just a spell designed to detect Changeling magic. They can change their shape, but not their magic.

7 of 9 it is, then! :twilightsmile:
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:09 am

Well, heeling on the trails of...wait...

...trailing on the heels of the griffon comes the hippogriff, Blackhawk!

Stuff not covered on the character sheet: his fascination with speed serves him well in his job as messenger, and his potential usefulness to the team, beyond his speed, is his half-pony half-griffin status that might help smooth relations in the group and with the ponies/griffins they talk with/investigate. Hopefully. He is very fast, but unless he uses his lightning-mimicing natural talents (which are painful and also cheating) he probably couldn't beat Rainbow Dash in a straight race.

I do hope this thing isn't full up yet. :p
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonu Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:14 am

What's SP supposed to be?
Demonu
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:17 am

Demonu wrote:What's SP supposed to be?

Sanity Points?

Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 28 1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 28  Next