Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sun Sets

+6
RavenscroftRaven
Ramsus
Cardbo
elfowlgirl
Brony 7 of 9
A1C Bronymous
10 posters

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Sun Sets - Page 11 Empty Re: The Sun Sets

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:16 pm

Dodger goes back to looting the place, taking particular care in examining the map and where the X's are placed. The white liquid was certainly interesting, but unlikely to be something Dodger would know about. Maybe the clinic could examine it?

Speaking of which, Dodger - or rather, Rough Boulder could use a stop. Who knew what diseases the rats were carrying. Filthy little creatures - he heard they have more force behind their bites than a crocodile.
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:49 pm

Bronymous wrote:

"So, someone else has discovered the existence of Blue Moon. Well I'll tell you what I told them, I'm not going to help you make.... oh you said antidote." Figure Head looks around conspiratorially again, and moves in to whisper. "If you need an antidote, then that must mean..." he looks over the page in the book. "...that doesn't seem right. How would they have..." He looks back at the both of you. "Antidote. If I remember correctly, its a particular mix of water, sugar, the wood from a red oak, and the Blue Moon Powder itself. Which means you'll have to find some of that, because I'm not helping you make any. Curious, though. If you want to find out where it's coming from, you'll first need to find out how it's being distributed. Why some ponies are sick and some aren't." He looks up as a mare walks around the corner towards the three of you. "...Well, I need to see the mayor. Excuse me." with that, he rushes off up the stairs.

"Argh! Okay Storm! Think! Think!" Storm rubs his temples with his hooves.

OOC:Just how common is Red Oak?
Cardbo
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  elfowlgirl Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:55 pm

Cardbo wrote:
Bronymous wrote:

"So, someone else has discovered the existence of Blue Moon. Well I'll tell you what I told them, I'm not going to help you make.... oh you said antidote." Figure Head looks around conspiratorially again, and moves in to whisper. "If you need an antidote, then that must mean..." he looks over the page in the book. "...that doesn't seem right. How would they have..." He looks back at the both of you. "Antidote. If I remember correctly, its a particular mix of water, sugar, the wood from a red oak, and the Blue Moon Powder itself. Which means you'll have to find some of that, because I'm not helping you make any. Curious, though. If you want to find out where it's coming from, you'll first need to find out how it's being distributed. Why some ponies are sick and some aren't." He looks up as a mare walks around the corner towards the three of you. "...Well, I need to see the mayor. Excuse me." with that, he rushes off up the stairs.

Star thought for a moment. "Well, earlier I found that mare - Sunflower- by the falls. Maybe we should check over there?"
elfowlgirl
elfowlgirl
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

http://elfowlgirl.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:02 pm

elfowlgirl wrote:
Cardbo wrote:
Bronymous wrote:

Star thought for a moment. "Well, earlier I found that mare - Sunflower- by the falls. Maybe we should check over there?"

"Oh! Thats a good idea! What are we waiting around here for! Lets go!"
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:44 am

Emerald stops for a moment, looking at some random griffon polishing his crossbow in plain sight, and for once that isn't a euphemism. Only a brief moment, though, and shrugs. If the barkeep and hoodlums didn't find him objectionable enough to be vocal about anything, well, crazies sometimes had bits to spare too. The reaction to the first bit was alright, even if she's getting a better feel for the crowd now that she is more in her zone and not still just ever so slightly, SO SLIGHTLY not much at all, shaken from having a carnivore's claws around her loin.

She decided to move into something more upbeat, to balance out the last set. A little diddly about a stallion trying to woo a manatee thinking it was a seapony. Humourous and just a little raunchy. Emerald planned to mostly keep to songs today. If the griffon was watching for magic, it wouldn't do to use it on a story and start a tussle. The riot would come exactly when she wanted it, and not a moment earlier. An armed newcomer actually wouldn't do poorly in this plan, though she never could understand the need for predators to be such, well, predos. They had claws to rip up our flesh and beaks to tear apart our bodies, why did they need more weapons?

...Must be overcompensation. Her performance continues.
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Ravenscroft

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:10 pm

ET, Jaquir:
The second song finishes, and you get some more boisterous applause from the gallery. The general mood seems to have eased, finally, as it doesn't appear to the patrons that the gang is going to start anything. A few of the other patrons seem to have left, still expecting trouble, but most are still there. As you begin your third set, one of the younger Pegasi, who seems to have already destroyed any sense of sobriety, gets up and marches up to you. He looks like he's about to say something, but a sharp rap from the Griffon's wing cuts him off. Getting the signal, he just sits in front of you and smiles, waiting for your next piece.

Meanwhile, a waitress walks up to Jaquir holding an unordered drink and a napkin. She sets down the napkin first, sliding it casually toward him to get him to see it. On it is a note:

The unicorn's a hostage of those Pegasi. If you assist when things go bad, you've got free drinks and a free room as long as you need it.

You look up to see the Bartender give you a look and a slight nod. Nearby, two more stallions glance at you, giving the same look, and then go back to watching the performance- and the audience.

SE, SS:
It's a very short flight from the Town Hall, south, over the upper level railings, down into the small empty area where Star found Sunflower. NO ponies remain in the area, and the roar of the falls makes it difficult to hear again.

Dodger:
You're starting to become familiar with the route, and stealthing along it only takes you a few more minutes than before. You arrive in the North East Plaza, close to the theater, when you realize you're still in costume. Not that anypony would know the difference off the bat, but if "Rough Boulder" were to be seen in that disguise, it certainly wouldn't help him avoid suspicion in the future.

Smokes:
A minute or so later, Figure Head makes his way into the office. He passes you with a cheery "Hello!", and then makes his way to the Mayor. "So, Hardwood, what's this I hear about you missing half a brain?" The Mayor shoots you a dry glance, but doesn't say anything. "I was rather busy, you know. Lot's of little conspiracies that need solving." "Yes, well, I need your help right now on the bigger problems. I keep getting complaints about this and that and I would like your input." "Very well then, like what?" "Well, I think I've worked out the workflow problem, but there's still the problem with this mysterious illness, the medical supply, the Estates merchants, the lumberyard, etc. Where would you like to begin?" Figure Head moves around the desk, looking at the various forms lying about. "The disease is taken care of, and since everything else is connected to this conspiracy, I'd say fixing one should fix the others." The mayor deadpans. "But, don't you think-" "Nonsense! Thinking is only proactive when you are also doing!" He exclaims, almost proudly. Hardwood just looks at him for a moment. He then looks at Smokes. "This is going to take a while. Is there something else you wanted, specifically, or...?"
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:24 pm

Holy Smokes just gives the Mayor a bored look, takes another drag of his cigarette and says, "I figured you'd probably yammer with him a bit and suggest I get out of your mane by helping with some other task. It'd probably be a bad idea to suggest I go to the lumber yard though. Unless you actually want it to end up on fire for some reason. Mostly I just wanted to make sure I didn't leave the job half-done."
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:18 pm

Hmm. Maybe the sun's messing up his sense of direction. Still, Dodger thought it would be best to head back to his hideout, drop off his costume and the loot, and take the liquid to the clinic, with some story about... oh, perhaps clearing out a building that he heard was to be remodeled due to it not being one of the "real" ones. He'd figure out the details later.
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:48 pm

Storm says over the roar of the falls. "LETS LOOK AROUND FOR CLUES!"

OOC: Perception
Roll(1d20)+7:
4,+7
Total:11
Wow, thats horrible.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  elfowlgirl Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:54 pm

She nodded. "SURE!"

((My perception check: Roll(1d20)+7:
4,+7
Total:11

Fnnaaaa))
elfowlgirl
elfowlgirl
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:50 pm

Pre-post rolls:

Emerald smiles out to the crowd, ever the picture of a performer. But the tension shouldn't be there. She picked a song to break the ice between the crowds, but this feeling... It was the empty feeling the moment before your horn filled with magic, the feeling of suspicion when somepony smiles a bit too widely as you're about to take a drink from a mug that had atrovet pills hidden in it while you weren't looking, the waiting on the edge of the seat during the hoofball game's final minutes.

In short, anticipation. Something was going to happen, and soon. It wasn't obvious, no, but leave it to a performer to read the crowds. They were going to do something stupid trying to play "rescue the maiden". Well, what was repairs to one more building at this point in the game? They could do as they wished. Emerald would welcome a way out that had a higher chance of guaranteeing the injury of at least a few of these louts.

The green unicorn began into "One More Song (but Then We're Done)". She could have just used one-sided telepathy, but her alternate escape was always available and she didn't want to risk having tele-face on stage (where you kind of go intensely staring into the void), where it could be seen by the crowd. It wasn't a long song anyways, barely a minute to detail the coarse points of a romantic relationship, but the words had good emotion to them. More importantly, the quick title refrain might send some ideas.

After it, she makes an attempt to step down from the stage, to go to the little mares' room (as she explained it, with a "Your songs'll be right back"). Whether or not she got to it would decide her next course of action.
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:11 am

HS:
"Yes, you've done as I asked. Thank you. If you're desperate for something else to do, I need someone to corroborate a few of these reports. Nothing important, just go speak to a few ponies about their complaints and get me a clearer picture of the problems." He looks out the window, where the sun still hasn't moved. He then looks to the clock on the wall. "It's getting late though, I doubt you'll want to go run all over town tonight- er, today. You know what I mean."

Dodger:
A more substantial course of action, taking substantially more time. The streets are mercifully clear by now, so you move quickly back to the hideout. In and out, you head out again to go to the clinic. You are stopped in your tracks, however, by a young Pegasus colt standing at the door. "Hi mister! Are you the guy that was wearing that costume before? Are you a super hero?"

SE, SS:
It's too bad this isn't a detective story, otherwise you might have been swimming in clues by now. Here in real life, though, no such luck. Nothing has changed from the last time Star was here, and even searching the pile of debris Sunflower was found next to yields nothing viable. It seems you'll have to find another starting point for your search.

A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  elfowlgirl Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:17 am

Bronymous wrote:SE, SS:
It's too bad this isn't a detective story, otherwise you might have been swimming in clues by now. Here in real life, though, no such luck. Nothing has changed from the last time Star was here, and even searching the pile of debris Sunflower was found next to yields nothing viable. It seems you'll have to find another starting point for your search.

"Well..." Star tapped her hoof against her chin, deep in thought. "There's nothing here, but earlier I remember that Sunflower was holding a sheet of paper. I don't remember what happened to it, though. Maybe she still has it?"
elfowlgirl
elfowlgirl
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:22 am

"Yeah, maybe tomorrow." Holy Smokes replies and then leaves in search of a bar or such that's still standing. He had decided he needed a drink.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:13 am

elfowlgirl wrote:
Bronymous wrote:SE, SS:

"Well..." Star tapped her hoof against her chin, deep in thought. "There's nothing here, but earlier I remember that Sunflower was holding a sheet of paper. I don't remember what happened to it, though. Maybe she still has it?"

"Well thats something. Maybe we could also check medical histories while we're back there."
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Appkes Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:02 am

Jaquir carefully foldds the napkin and stows it in one of his belt pouches, cold as ice, before twisting a catch of the stock of his crossbow, causinga panel to click open and a couple of evil-looking little crossbow bolts slid out. ( His quiver was still upstairs). He looked intently at the Barman, nodded, then drew a talon across his throat while looking at the ponynappers, before looking questioningly back to the Barman.
He saw the pony attempt to get down from the stage, ostensibly to go to the Mare's, and decided any rescue would be easier while they were offstage.
---------------------///-------/--------------------
Lethal or no lethal?
Fun or less fun?

But that Crit percept will probbably pick all this up. Yay misinterpretation!
Appkes
Appkes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:17 am

Bronymous wrote:Dodger:
A more substantial course of action, taking substantially more time. The streets are mercifully clear by now, so you move quickly back to the hideout. In and out, you head out again to go to the clinic. You are stopped in your tracks, however, by a young Pegasus colt standing at the door. "Hi mister! Are you the guy that was wearing that costume before? Are you a super hero?"
"What? No, that's ridiculous. A super hero flies through the air and stops bad guys, and clearly I cannot do the former and don't have the strength to pull off the latter! You can't let imagination run away with you like that, my friend - superheroes are brave, bold men, and I'm just a construction worker."
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Appkes Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:47 am

( OOC; Why hasn't Bronymous responded in ages? He's been active elsewhere...
Appkes
Appkes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:27 pm

ET:
You hop down from the stage and head to the restroom. The (bad) Griffon watches you for a moment. He then signals for another round of drinks. The restroom door closes behind you, and you look in the mirror. Before you can go ahead with your next move, though, it opens. The Griffon is standing there, only slightly intoxicated, clearly intent on a "private session". "You take instruction pretty well for an uppity Unicorn. No magic whatsoever, not even in your show. But I think I know a way to get that horn to light up." He must have thought that half pickup line, half threat was pretty smooth, because he moves even closer to you, smiling, anticipating your reaction.

JS:
The unicorn takes a break from her singing to use the little filly's room. A minute later, the Griffon gets up and follows her, after ordering some drinks. The Bartender walks up to you holding the tray, and giving you a nod. Three other stallions walk up beside him, and they approach the group of pegasi. "I think you've all had about enough. Pay for your drinks and get out." One of the taller Pegasi stands up and gives him a dirty look. "Oh yeah? I don't think we will. We're not done with our little show yet. And besides, who said anything about 'paying'?" The rest of the gang laugh along. A few moments, pass, and an intense staredown ensues.

A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Appkes Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:41 pm

Jaquir ambled, loaded crossbow in hand, up behind the clever-mouthed one and kicked him in the back hard, then casually leaped back a few steps, and pointed the deadly tip at his forehead.
"Seven inches of armor-piercing death says you're paying for your damn drinks." He smirked nastily and tilted his head so they could see his brutal scar where his eye should be. "Pay up and get lost, or you are going to regret it for what's left of your worthless thuggish lives."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I need to roll to intimidate these guys, my rol is
7 + 16 + whatever bonus you decree necessary for this terrifying bastard threatening you with a loaded crossbow

Don't worry, emerald! I save you! ( After hog-tying these useless wastes of breath and robbing them blind, then finding a postal service that will mail boxes that groan occasionally)

Or you can save yourself and make me look like an idiot

But an idiot with free booze, so go right ahead.
Appkes
Appkes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:33 pm

Emerald was no fighter. She relied on tricks to get what she wanted, but that didn't mean she turned them. Especially not for boorish louts. This was one of the three outcomes she had predicted, the other two being her action starting a bar fight, or getting here without issue. The last would have been the nicest, but that would have been asking for too much. Discord's in the details, and all that.

So. One fairly lucid carnivore intent on raping her. If Beatrice could fight off celestial bears, then this, well, it was possible to get out of. Her arsenal? Four bits, a pebble caught in one hoof, a bar of soap nearby, toilet paper, her cape, and years of experience fleeing dangerous situations. Versus claws, a flesh-ripping beak, and increased pain tolerance from intoxication. It wasn't really fair, but... 'Once a showmare, always a showmare!'

A nervous smile met her lips that wasn't entirely feigned, since her risk of evisceration was probably at an all-time high. "T-the mare's washroom isn't probably the best place for this..." A slight stutter. Unintentional, but she would work with it. Keep calm. "I really do need to use the washroom, it's been a-a long day, don't suppose you could wait just one minute? After this long, one minute can't hurt, right?" She really needed to invest in a hat. It was a totally random thought, but it is amazing how the brain compensates sometimes. Emerald had a few tricks, some were even instant, but those were dangerous. The bar had plans, and she doubted that, with the missing griffon, the pegasi would keep their calm for very long. A fight could already be getting ready. Just buy some time.
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:44 pm

Dodger:
"Oh, ok. But that was you wearing the costume, wasn't it? Why do you have a costume if you aren't a superhero?" The colt leers at you suspiciously. You make a move to walk past him, and he matches it, standing in your way.

HS:
You walk out of Town Hall. There are a number of bars you know of in town- not counting the Estates locations, there is the Frosty Faucet, up in the Northeast Plaza, and the Salted Hoof out in the Outskirts. Before you set off, you notice the glass from the third story window that Jaquir threw himself through. Looking closely, there are a few splotches of red among the glass, and a trail leading out to the east.

SE, SS:
Perception: 9, 16
About to head back to the clinic, a small crumpled piece of paper catches Star's eye a few feet away. Smoothing it out, it reads:

You've been very helpful. We're sure your daughter will appreciate the effort.

It isn't signed, but has a single blue mark in the shape of a crescent moon.

Jaquir:
The Pegasus on the ground just stares at the weapon aimed at him, but jumps up. His reflexes are quick, and he rams you, sending you few feet. Suddenly, a tray of drinks cracks over the back of his head, sending him to the floor, too. By now, the rest have jumped to their hooves, and they don't seem to be going anywhere. One of them calls out, "Boss, we got a problem!"
Roll Initiative

ET:
"Oh sure, you take all the time you need. I'll be right he-" He stops eyeing your flank as he hears one of his gang call for him. "Stay put." He growls the words at you, any pretense of flirtation gone. With a huff, he kicks the door open again and stalks out.

A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  elfowlgirl Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:48 pm

Star called for Stormeye. "Hey, look at this note! It looks like a baaaad sign..." She gently poked it with one hoof.
elfowlgirl
elfowlgirl
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:54 pm

Holy Smokes decided to follow the blood. In case that idiot griffon had managed to seriously injure himself, he didn't want to find out that his deciding to go get a drink had led to Jaquir bleeding out in the streets or something.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:17 pm

"Costume? What costume? Young colt, simply wearing an outfit does not make one a superhero - nor does looking like somepony you saw wear an outfit make me that pony!"

Dodger points out a nearby passing earth pony stallion, roughly his body type.

"Take this pony, for example. He looks like me, doesn't he? Sure, not when I'm close up and you can see my Cutie Mark, but imagine that he was wearing a costume. Wouldn't that cover up his body? And if it did... well, his body type is close to mine. Therefore, you must have thought I, and not this fine gentleman, was wearing a costume!"

Using He Did It (Probably could have saved that for when the griffon asks where his stuff went/doesn't check Dodger's hideout, but whatever): 1d20 (15) + 10 (Base) + 5 (He Did It) = 30.
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next