Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sun Sets

+6
RavenscroftRaven
Ramsus
Cardbo
elfowlgirl
Brony 7 of 9
A1C Bronymous
10 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

The Sun Sets - Page 40 Empty Re: The Sun Sets

Post  Fury of the Tempest Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:02 am

"Of course I know where I bloody am, I've been stuck up here for who knows how long! Why you think I got dehydrated?"
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:47 am

"Ok, you're fine."

Storm turns back to rest of the party and Koli. "So back to the issue at hand. Does anypony know of any transformation artifacts that would work here?"
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:09 pm

While you three discuss, Koli continues to speak with Kanen. "I really don't; I don't have any "experience" with them. I only know because..." her head snakes out and close to yours, and her telepathic voice does its best to emulate a conspiratorial whisper, "I'm reading your mind." She resumes her position from before. "So I only know about them what you yourself know about them... but if you want help... I don't know, get close and hit them? I've heard spellcasters are rather physically pathetic in most cases. And while we're on the subject of me knowing everything you're thinking, would you like me to answer your next question, or let you go ahead and bring it up to the group?"
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  deonte9109 Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:17 pm

"Well why not do both. As I am a new arrival into this group, this would be the perfect opportunity to demonstrate my usefulness to them and it would be great if you accepted my offer." Kanen replied back.
"Comrades, I believe I may have a solution to our current predicament if our acquaintance here is willing to accept."
deonte9109
deonte9109
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:18 am

Emerald looks away from the beligerant unicorn. Clearly he's had a rough ride, after all, he would be back to a proper form after a bit of recovery. She instead faces Kanen. "What is your theory? I'll leave your sudden loquaciousness aside for now."

Last edited by RavenscroftRaven on Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:22 am; edited 1 time in total
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Ravenscroft

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:41 am

Storm turns towards Kanen in expectation.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:41 am

Gearick was still getting his bearings, still thirsty through no longer dehydrated. Plus he really want to give the owl a piece of his mind, but as the strangers seemed to be trying to negotiate it, he stayed silent.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:22 am

"Sudden bursts of loquaciousness are my speciality, dear Kanen, but if you have an idea than by all means feel free to share."
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  deonte9109 Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:22 am

"I can summon an animal or two that could take our place as Koli's meal. It is a simple process and one that suits both parties of interest. So unless anypony has an objection to my plan, Koli what kind of creature would you like to have? Of course non-pony or deer."
deonte9109
deonte9109
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:40 am

"Surely you don't mean to suggest that a single animal will be enough to replace four ponies and a deer? It would have to be something huge... but then bigger animals are usually fighters, and if I wanted to fight and kill my food, I could have done that to all of you already. Defeats the purpose..." Her tone suggests she's still open to suggestion, but she doesn't seem as excited about this plan as the prospect of powerful transformation magic.

If you guys think this idea is worth a shot, you might weigh in with ideas. Kanen will try to Persuade her once you've all talked it over.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:55 pm

Along with the exteremly lucky coincidental knowledge about Owlicorns, Storm ALSO knows the following about magical artifacts, specifically ones designed to transform or transfigure creatures and objects. What are the odds.

• The Mask of Multitudes- A mask created some time in the late Preclassical Era by an unknown sorcerer, it is capable of shifting the form of any creature that can wear it into the form of any other creature. It's full power and limitations are unknown, as is its current location, or if it even still exists.

• Aslicampus- Aslicampus is the name given to a stone tablet, that, when read and "activated" allows the transformation of any object into any other object. In documented history, it has only been successfully used once, by Celestia, and is currently housed (and assumed inert) at the Canterlot Palace Collection.

• Changeling Eye- A gem rumored to have been the false eye of an ancient Changeling Queen, it gives the power of illusory disguise, allowing the weilder to make any object or creature appear to be something else. Currently located in the Canterlot Palace Collection.

• Terra Nova- This artifact was supposedly housed in some ancient ruin, and could recreate or transform entire areas. Possibly related to the Everfree Forest, its current whereabouts are unknown.

• The Blanket- This special cloak could be worn to change the appearance of the user. Currently in the CPC.

• The Numinex(?)- This is a rumored illusory magic of unknown potency. Only documented case appears in pictographs found in a cave broken into while building the old palace in the Everfree forest. It is unsure if this refers to an actual artifact, or simply some powerful magic, though.

• The Bestiary- This artifact is, as its name would imply, a book of fauna, but allowed the reader to change into one of the animals within. According to documentation, it could only be used 3 times, once a year, and the third change was permanent. The user also lost all sense of self, and even sentience if they changed into a less intelligent animal.

Other than those listed, no other specific artifacts come to mind. Of course, regular magic and other rituals can and have been used to change one's appearance, form, and even identity in the past. The oldest of ancient texts speak of transformation spells and rituals, often aided by other artifacts- not designed for specific purposes, but instead as focii or implements to carry out the spells. Modern magic, on the other hand, has plenty of illusive sells and tricks, but changing something's appearance is much simpler than changing its true form, and only truly powerful spellcasters have been able to produce such effects without great assistance.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:11 pm

Storm recounts what he knows about artifacts.  "Anyone have access to the Canterlot Palace Archives?" says Storm jokingly.

"I also found this, at the base of the mountain."  Storm removes the sphere from his saddlebags.  "I didn't have time to take a look at it earlier, but I was wondering if this could be of any assistance."
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:04 pm

"Oh my..." Koli surges forward, neck extended in what is either curiosity or alarm. "Did you take that from the arch?" She looks up and around, searching for some unseen thing. "So the barrier is down. That's interesting...."
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:14 pm

"Good interesting or bad interesting?"
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:21 pm

"Depends on who you are. That barrier was put in place to keep tributes from going back on their duty. It also kept out most intruders once activated, and," she turns and gives an Owly smirk to Emerald, "prevents things from being brought in by magic. It certainly helped my cause when magicians learned they couldn't... "teleport food in", that was your plan wasn't it? Don't feel bad, it would have foiled the deer's plan as well. But I suppose that's no longer an issue for you."
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:38 pm

Storm sighs.  "I take its thats a 'no', then."  Storm returns the orb to his saddlebag.  "Emerald, could teleport a significant amount of fish to satisfy Koli?"

OOC: What does Storm know about getting into the Canterlot Archives.  Not necessarily the artifact section, but to find a shapeshifting spell.
History Check
Roll(1d20)+7:
16,+7
Total:23

Could the orb be used to power a shapeshifting spell, even though its not the same type of magic?
Arcane Check
Roll(1d20)+7:
8,+7
Total:15

-------

https://ponytales.forumotion.com/viewtopic.forum?t=626
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content