Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sun Sets

+6
RavenscroftRaven
Ramsus
Cardbo
elfowlgirl
Brony 7 of 9
A1C Bronymous
10 posters

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Sun Sets - Page 30 Empty Re: The Sun Sets

Post  Cardbo Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:09 am

Bronymous wrote:SE:
"Oh... well good luck with that, I guess. I wouldn't know about either of those things, really. I worked in the offices, mostly just filing papers and stuff. I don't actually know anything about the kinds of wood or what we do with it. I don't think I could be of any help." She gives you an apologetic look.

"Oh well. Thanks anyway." Glancing around and seeing what looks like a somewhat uncorfortable Dodger he decides to go over and try to perform an extraction. "Hey pony. Wasn't there something we needed to do. You know? That thing."

Cardbo
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:55 am

Emerald looks at the hooded figure, clearly acknowledging his presence in her gaze, and simply turns back to look across the sky, speaking to herself. "They weren't off in the woods that way and it will take forever to see if they landed here... Stupid spell was supposed to show me the right direction to her... Almost straight west. Unless... the sun's spot is messing things up?" She asks herself... Its been mid-day for many, many hours, knowing East from West was getting harder for somepony so reliant on the flow of light and motion.

His presence there was a subtle threat, she mentally could accept that. That was fine, it meant they felt threatened by her. That meant they respected her, acknowledged her. At least somepony did, even if they were dregs and terror agents. "I apologize about asking for a slat for a new table, I don't pay much attention to the news so I didn't know this was the ideal time to stage a union demonstration. I'm guessing you still haven't seen Shooting Star or that birdbrain." She adds in her discussion to the air quietly, assuming the words would be heard through the din by the appropriate party.

Gathering info:
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Ravenscroft

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:41 am

The Zebra reads like a blind pony reading a mirror. Nothing doing, but when he speaks, he seems simply curious. "Good intent best wears no fancy dress. Why lie?" His question appears rhetorical, though, as he continues. "Our questioned words and questioned motives were bred suspicious, but we meant nothing left unapparent and meant everything made clear. You're friend is not here." He steps forward a bit, so he stands directly next to you. He continues to look at you, cocking his head quizzically. His next words are a bit more direct "I do not think you need that brace. Would you prefer it removed?"
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:23 am

Bronymous wrote:"Yeah? Treess are nice. I like when, when they get all like... green, you know? And then later they turn colors and thass cool." She apparently feels the need to emphasize her point with a drawn out gesture of her hoof. "S'long as you don't love'm too mush- much. Like, I hear some of those guys-" she points toward the front of the group that is apparently protesting the logging process, "they like, get suuuper intimate with their trees. If y'know what I mean." She gives you a sharp nudge in the side. "Isso wierd. But I guess thads why someone made that threat agains' the company that one time. Di'int wanna lose their tree-friend."
"Oh, don't worry, I don't love trees like that. It's more like... like the love between coworkers. Like you appreciate each other."

Luna dammit why does this always happen when he talks to mares
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:48 am

Emerald continues to face away after her brief glance, and speaks into the distance again. Not so much for theatric effect or hiding expressions or anything like that, just to remember which way she needed to keep walking in. "Doctor's orders, I should keep it on. Thank you for your candor, for certain definitions of it, but I haven't gotten where I am by being open and trusting. If not here, they must be further out. I'll be on my way and out of your manes once more."

Emerald begins making her way through the expanse, her objective still well in mind.
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:05 am

Emerald:
Zulam turns and follows you. "I am sorry, my words baffle and bewilder those of whom do not hear them enough. Or... I do not mean to confuse you. But I mean, I could help your leg heal much faster, so you would not need the brace. Will you allow me to assist you, and your companions? Leaving without them would serve no one, surely?" His offer seems genuine, at least.

(OOC: Dodger, Storm's talking to you.)
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:02 pm

Derp.

Cardbo wrote:
"Oh well. Thanks anyway." Glancing around and seeing what looks like a somewhat uncorfortable Dodger he decides to go over and try to perform an extraction. "Hey pony. Wasn't there something we needed to do. You know? That thing."
"Oh, of course! The important thing! My bad."

He turned to the inebriated mare.

"It was certainly interesting speaking to you, but there is this incredibly important thing I have to do."
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:02 pm

"Hey, I wanna come! Wass so importnant, I wanna help." She latches onto you harder. "You gonna, you gonna go do important protesstin? Or are you..." She thinks for a bit on the nature of what could be considered "important". "Omigosh, are you a suuperhero? Or no wait... or is it that kind of important?" She asks slyly (for a drunk pony, anyway). She gives Storm a half-lidded look, and a giggle. "Is he your 'te-treefriend'? I could be your 'treefriend,' too."

(You'll have to persuade her. Or get creative. Or both.)
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:59 pm

Huh. Another pony thinking he was a superhero. And he wasn't even in his work clothes this time. Hmm...

"Supposing I were a superhero, which I'm not saying that I am," said Dodger. "The work I would do as this hypothetical superhero would be far too dangerous for civilians. Of course that is not to say that this hypothetical superhero does not appreciate civilians and their work - a civilian like, say, you would greatly help a superhero, which may or may not be me, by keeping the protest going here, distracting any supervillains that I may or may not be going after and attempting to take by surprise. Hypothetically."

Persuasion: 1d20 ( 8 ) + 10 = 18
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:36 pm

Brony 7 of 9 wrote:Huh. Another pony thinking he was a superhero. And he wasn't even in his work clothes this time. Hmm...

"Supposing I were a superhero, which I'm not saying that I am," said Dodger. "The work I would do as this hypothetical superhero would be far too dangerous for civilians. Of course that is not to say that this hypothetical superhero does not appreciate civilians and their work - a civilian like, say, you would greatly help a superhero, which may or may not be me, by keeping the protest going here, distracting any supervillains that I may or may not be going after and attempting to take by surprise. Hypothetically."

Persuasion: 1d20 ( 8 ) + 10 = 18

"Yes, you citizens are the real heroes. Keep at your protesting." Storm says in a gravely, serious voice.

OOC:Persuasion roll.
Roll(1d20)+7:
20,+7
Total:27
Nat 20! Woo!
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:33 pm

Brony 7 of 9 wrote:"Supposing I were a superhero, which I'm not saying that I am," said Dodger. "The work I would do as this hypothetical superhero would be far too dangerous for civilians. Of course that is not to say that this hypothetical superhero does not appreciate civilians and their work - a civilian like, say, you would greatly help a superhero, which may or may not be me, by keeping the protest going here, distracting any supervillains that I may or may not be going after and attempting to take by surprise. Hypothetically."

The drunken mare gives you the blankest of all blank stares, as her inebriated mind tried to catch up. The best she can manage is a giggling "whaaa?". After Strom speaks, though, she seems to catch on. "Ohhh, ok mister... cloud... Captain Cloud Pony!" She offers a sloppy salute before turning back to the crowd to protest, offering a whole hearted "Booooo!".

A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:10 am

Dodger trots off while the not-quite-sober pony protests.

"My thanks," he said to Storm as soon as they were out of the mare's earshot.
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:17 am

"Right, no problem."
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:08 am

Bronymous wrote:Zulam turns and follows you. "I am sorry, my words baffle and bewilder those of whom do not hear them enough. Or... I do not mean to confuse you. But I mean, I could help your leg heal much faster, so you would not need the brace. Will you allow me to assist you, and your companions? Leaving without them would serve no one, surely?" His offer seems genuine, at least.

"If it was bafflement you sought to find, it didn't exist inside my mind. I'm just paranoid. Keeps me alive longer."
Emerald replies. "If my companions get caught up in these... festivities, leaving without them can mean finding my friends that are possibly in danger in the woods, while they stay safe here. I'm strong enough on my own. Unimportant though. Why the freely offered assistance? What's your angle?"
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:18 am

"My angle is one hundred eighty. In this place, broken bones and weakened bodies are commonplace, and I serve to right the wrongs. I am the company medical officer, and I always seek to mend what hurts or cripples. Instead of the doctors in town, injuries are treated here, under my hooves, faster, better. A few moments of your time is all I would need." As he says this, Dodger and Storm arrive. "If paranoia fuels you, then remain suspicious; your friends here may keep watch. Also... there are some things I would speak with you about."

Last edited by Bronymous on Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:45 am

"Keep watch of what?"
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:09 am

Well, her locating spell was seeming to fail her anyways, she would need to be faster to keep up to them, to not be a drag. She noticed the others approach, and tossed a quick mental message. '"Shorthand: He's with the lumber mill. Claims to be medical. Wants to fix my leg. Seen stripe-boys whip up some weird magic, its possible. Still: Is suspicious as Tartarous' guest entrance. Take him down if he tries something weird, please."'

Can't hurt to be polite, after all. Aloud, she adds for the benefit of the zebra, "Do it, then."
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:40 pm

Zulam leads the three of you to his tent. "On normal days, privacy is my prerogative, but I understand if you prefer protection. Your friends may enter, or wait outside." He then opens the tent flap, and ushers you inside.

Inside, a napping young dragon shakes himself awake at the entrants.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:23 pm

What had I gotten myself into?

It was just a simple trip to Neighagra Falls. Just a little sightseeing, a tempo job to get me to the next town in line, whatever it turned out to be. Canterlot, perhaps.

Why, of all the businesses that might go on strike, did it have to be the one that hired me? Why, of all the strikes that occur, did this one specifically have to be one of those "you work and we hit you" strikes?

And why, oh WHY did I have to put my earnings into that stupid card game!?

So there I napped, unable to work, unable to leave. That's life, I guess. So it didn't bother me unduly when the sound of several ponies woke me up.

"Oh, hey," I said politely upon seeing who it was, and almost went back to sleep...

Until I realised I hadn't seen these guys before. Which meant they were new. But you don't hire new ponies (or dragons) during a strike; which meant they weren't part of it. Which meant the strikers were against them. Which meant I was with them, by default. Which meant I needed to wake up, put on my best smile, and get that coffee re-heated! A quick burst of flame, right under the pot, and momentarily it was nice and hot again.

"Here, do you guys want some?" I said, grabbing several mug, and trying to contain my excitement...
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Location : In the kitchen, at the table, or in my room drawing...

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:58 pm

Floating into the tent, Storm replied. "Sure, I'll have some."
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:59 pm

Dodger followed Storm into the tent.

"Many thanks, but I have little need," said Dodger.
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:50 pm

"Okay then!" I chirped, pouring the black caffeinated goodness into three of the mugs. "Sorry it's only black though. We ran out of creamer last week, and I don't think you want the stuff I put in mine," I explained, digging into my satchel for the packet, currently one of my most prized possessions; cayenne pepper, imported from the Dragon Lands. I reverently sprinkled a tiny little bit into my mug, stirring it in with a claw.

"So, what exactly brings you here?" I asked in a (probably futile) attempt at subtlety.
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:00 am

Emerald enters with the rest, but her attention is clearly elsewhere.
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:46 am

Grey Pen The Flawed wrote:"Okay then!" I chirped, pouring the black caffeinated goodness into three of the mugs. "Sorry it's only black though. We ran out of creamer last week, and I don't think you want the stuff I put in mine," I explained, digging into my satchel for the packet, currently one of my most prized possessions; cayenne pepper, imported from the Dragon Lands. I reverently sprinkled a tiny little bit into my mug, stirring it in with a claw.

"So, what exactly brings you here?" I asked in a (probably futile) attempt at subtlety.

Storm takes the offered coffee. "We're looking for a friend of ours, and some red oak wood. Hence the lumberyard."
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:29 am

"Red oak, hmm? Well," I started, pausing for dramatic effect, as I scratched an imaginary itch, "I could get it for you, but this strike makes it kind of dangerous to go out lately. You'd have to help out some."

History/Streetsmarts:
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next