Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sun Sets

+6
RavenscroftRaven
Ramsus
Cardbo
elfowlgirl
Brony 7 of 9
A1C Bronymous
10 posters

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Sun Sets - Page 4 Empty Re: The Sun Sets

Post  elfowlgirl Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:51 pm

Bronymous wrote:Star:
The Stallion, who introduces himself as Heavy Plow, leads you south, into the lower Outskirts. Here you can see much of the damage. Many of peoples homes were hit by stampedes or rampaging beasts coming north. He leads you a little ways up the street, to a building that looks like it was hit by two tornadoes and then trampled by rhinos. "This was her house. It came down hard, and little Sunset got caught underneath. It was a miracle she survived." He looks around a bit. "They've been carting off debris for the last two days in all different directions. Since we didn't pass her on the way here, we can either head north, to the shops, or east, out of the outskirts, towards the falls."

She looked at the collapsed building. "...I think it'd be best to head for the falls. Maybe she went to think for a bit?"
elfowlgirl
elfowlgirl
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

http://elfowlgirl.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Appkes Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:46 pm

"The east Estates didn't get too smashed up, did they? That's important to know"
Appkes
Appkes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:22 pm

Emerald thought about it for a moment. Vandals. Danger. Disreputable neighborhood.

She thought some more. 'I actually have no idea where that filly's house was supposed to be. This area's huge, I'll have no luck on foot. Well, the search chain has begun, at least a bit. Better off not alone in these parts too, by the looks of it, even with workers nearby it managed to decay to this state. Since we're going in the right-ish direction, kinda-maybe, anyways, I guess I'll tag along with this guy. If the griffon is a hoodlum, it could be dangerous to go alone. Griffons eat meat, like ponies. Scary stuff.' She kept walking alongside the red stallion who also seemed to be a drifter. Drifters were safe; they knew the problems of being on the road and wouldn't break that social contract of fellow vagabonds.
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Ravenscroft

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:43 am

StormEye reads the entry for Blue Moon Powder. 'It says, if left untreated, it usually winds up being fatal. Whats the treatment?' He scans the rest of the entry for the treatment.
Cardbo
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:09 am

D, ET:
The stallion flexes his own wings reflexively when you ask. "You mean besides me? I seen lots of Pegasi. Lots of Earth Ponies, too. Even some Unicorns. There's one." He points at Emerald."That's the thing about living in a town full of Ponies. You see them a lot. Or..." He looks you over, gauging your reaction. "You're looking for those Pegasi, huh? The bullies making life hard for the rest of us for no reason? Anyone who's been here after dark knows where they hang out. But actively looking for them, that's a new one." He takes off into the air briefly, spinning, as if searching for something, and then lands again. "Looks like they ain't out and about right now, so if you're dead set on finding trouble..." He points south "Down the street til you see a smashed up Antiques shop, head down the alley, three buildings back on the right. There's a cellar door, they meet up down there." He turns and picks up the sack he was carrying, walking past you without another word.

Star:
Heavy Plow nods and you head east. After a while, the destroyed buildings disappeared, and you come to a small plaza set next to the falls- the lower Town Center. The roar of the falls drowns out much of the activity- at least, it would if there were any activity. This place seems to be devoid of life, though. A discarded case of food lays split open on the ground. There are several debris piles nearby, and a few more up the hill towards the busier areas.
Perception: 7+7+2(NPC assist)= 16
The blinking through the spray from the falls, you just barely make out the figure of a lone yellow pony, laying against one of the piles, immobile.

JS, HS:
The Mayor blinks, surprised- he had almost forgotten the scary looking griffon who had come in with the terrifying Unicorn. "Uh, no. Only the Outskirts were damaged in the attack. Sorry, I assumed most everyone knew that by now. Listen, if you want this mess sorted, then the sooner the better."

Stormeye:
The passage is little more than a history lesson, unfortunately. It doesn't give any chemical details on the powder, or its antidote. However, it has references to other books on the subject- none of which were on the list you have. If you want to learn more, you'll either need to find those books on your own, or speak to someone who has experience with it- unlikely, since the Quaking Plague took place over 1400 years ago.

Last edited by Bronymous on Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:12 am; edited 1 time in total
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:12 am

Storm Eye looks for the other books on the list that are referenced, looking for the composition of Blue Moon Powder, or a possible antidote thereof.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:25 am

None of the reference books listed are here, and no books appear to be specifically about Blue Moon Powder, the Quaking Plague, or anything related. If you were to take down and read every medical and biological book in the section, there is a chance you might find something more conclusive, but that could take weeks- and even then, you don't know for certain that Blue Moon Powder is the answer.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:44 am

Storm Eye checks out the original book that mentions the Blue Moon Poison at the front desk, and returns to the clinic.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  elfowlgirl Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:46 am

Heavy Plow nods and you head east. After a while, the destroyed buildings disappeared, and you come to a small plaza set next to the falls- the lower Town Center. The roar of the falls drowns out much of the activity- at least, it would if there were any activity. This place seems to be devoid of life, though. A discarded case of food lays split open on the ground. There are several debris piles nearby, and a few more up the hill towards the busier areas.
Perception: 7+7+2(NPC assist)= 16
The blinking through the spray from the falls, you just barely make out the figure of a lone yellow pony, laying against one of the piles, immobile.

Star rushed forwards towards the unmoving pony. "Miss?" She nudged her with a hoof.
elfowlgirl
elfowlgirl
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:15 am

Dodger gives a slight smile.

"Thanks for your help, sir," said Dodger.

He turned over to his emerald companion.

"Well, since we know they stay in one place, I think we can safely look for your yellow and brown friend."
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:44 pm

Emerald nods. "Thank you, I'm glad you've found what you're looking for. I'm Emerald Grace, by the way. I'm not sure if I remember introducing myself." She holds out a hoof.
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:47 pm

Dodger takes the hoof and shakes it. Best to establish trust with a potential ally and client... but not to give out your real name, of course.

"Rough Boulder. A pleasure."
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:28 pm

Holy Smokes takes the hint and starts to leave the room but, stops and looks back over his shoulder to the griffon, "You coming?"
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:36 pm

Stormeye:
The Clinic, as you predicted, fared perfectly well in your absence. One or two new arrivals, nothing major. Foals now crowd the waiting room, having lost their source of entertainment for the day, they sit and wait on news of their parents. Back in the wards, the number of patients seems to be the same, but the number of those plagued by the mysterious illness seems to have increased- they obviously succumbed while being treated for other injuries.

Star:
The Mare does not respond, but now you're certain she's the one you were looking for- her coloration matches, and her cutie mark is a beautiful flower you can't readily identify.
Perception: 16+7 (23)
Her eyes are closed, but her lips appear to be moving slightly, as if she's trying to say something, but you certainly can't hear it over the sound of the falls. As she lay there, trembling, you can see that she appears to have fallen under the same illness as those at the clinic. She also has a large bruise on her side. Finally, she appears to have a scrap of paper tucked under her left forehoof.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  elfowlgirl Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:45 pm

The Mare does not respond, but now you're certain she's the one you were looking for- her coloration matches, and her cutie mark is a beautiful flower you can't readily identify.
Perception: 16+7 (23)
Her eyes are closed, but her lips appear to be moving slightly, as if she's trying to say something, but you certainly can't hear it over the sound of the falls. As she lay there, trembling, you can see that she appears to have fallen under the same illness as those at the clinic. She also has a large bruise on her side. Finally, she appears to have a scrap of paper tucked under her left forehoof.

Star poked her again, gently, with a hoof. "Heavy Plow, can you help me move her? We should get her to the clinic." She moved to the left side of the mare.
elfowlgirl
elfowlgirl
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:03 pm

Storm Eye puts on mask and gloves and starts making the rounds again.

OOC:Going to wait until Star comes back before bringing up the book.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Appkes Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:35 pm

"Of course I am. This is the least boring thing and nearly the most amusing thing to happen since I got here."
He grinned nastily.
"My name's Jaquir Sharpfeather, far northern adventurer"
Appkes
Appkes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:39 pm

Holy Smokes gave a grunt of general acknowledgement, figuring he didn't need to say his name again and that his profession was more or less obvious. With Jaquir in tow he made his way to the Estates.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:59 pm

"Well, my hopes aren't too high, seeing the state of things here, but it can't hurt to look. I guess we need to keep an eye out for those dangerous ponies too though, looks like a rough neighborhood." Emerald smiles gamely at her new companion, fairly certain something seems off, that she's missing something really important to her current quest, but that feeling has been shaking her since she woke up, so she shrugged it off yet again.
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:02 pm

"You've got to have more faith than that. If your friend is here, there aren't many places she could have gone. Come now, let's go look."

Streetwise Check to look for Sunflower: 1d20 (5) + 12 = 17. (I know this will fail)
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:44 pm

Star:
Plow helps you lift Sunflower onto his back. He immediately sets off towards the clinic, through the Town Center. As you make your way , you realize much of the activity and confusion has died down, as most of the ponies seem to have dropped what they're doing and are waiting for something. As you make your way past the crowds a few see you. One group, 4 mares, suddenly comes rushing over to you. "Is that Sunflower?" The lead one asks anxiously "Oh you found her! We were just about to form a search party!" Heavy Plow pushes past them, though. "Excuse us ladies, but as you can see, she needs medical attention." "Oh, of course!" She follows, still talking. "That's good, her daughter is looking for her, and she's-" "Waiting at the clinic, we know. That's where we're headed." As the two of you leave them behind, you hear the lead one speak to another, a Pegasus. "Ok, Rainy, go find the Green Unicorn, tell her we found her!"
Inside the clinic, no foals rush up to claim their mother. Her daughter is apparently not here. A Nurse does, come up to you, however, and directs heavy plow to follow her back into the wards, leaving you in the waiting area.

HS, JS:
Exiting Town Hall, you see that word has apparently spread that something is getting done, as the workers have halted their work. A good few watch you as you descend the steps and head off, but no one says anything.
It doesn't take long to reach the Estates, and as soon as you cross into the main street, you can practically feel the shift in attitude. Ponies, dressed for the part as higher class, cheerfully move about their business, as if completely unaware of the recent turmoil. Shops and cafe's are open for business, important looking business-ponies strut about like they own the place, and snobbish looking packs of foals trade taunts and snide remarks. A normal day in high society, no doubt. As you move up the street, a few stuffy looking ponies give you some derisive looks, but also a wide berth- none of them seem interested in associating with you.

D, ET:
Streetwise: 17
You look around the immediate area, with no success. Following the only logical route, the two of you continue south, past the landmark for the gang hideout. After about 15 minutes, it's starting to look hopeless as you pass abandoned business after abandoned business, destroyed house after destroyed house. Just as you are about to turn back, a dark blue Pegasus lands next to you. "Excuse me, are you the one looking for Sunflower? They found her a few minutes ago, over by the falls. She was in pretty bad shape, they took her to the clinic."

Stormeye:
Luckily, whatever this disease is, it seems to be slow to escalate- while many ponies seem to be falling ill, once they begin exhibiting the major symptoms, they then remain stable. It looks like you'll have time to figure this out. A good thing, too. You look up to see yet another sick pony being carried in by a Stallion, accompanied by Shooting Star.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:51 pm

Not having been to this area before, Holy Smokes is quite sure where exactly they need to go and decides to just ask somepony if they know where Figure Head lives or at least where the library is.

Streetwise: 8 + 13 = 21.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:18 pm

"Thank you, I was indeed the one looking for her, and thank you for letting me know she was found, even if it pains me to hear of her current situation." Emerald nods to the blue pegasus, giving a sad smile. 'Knew it. Terribly injured. Totally called it, even if I'd've preferred to be wrong.' "I'll check in on her once I finish up here."

She watches the pegasus fly off, no doubt to get back to her work in town restoration. It seems her search party method worked, if a bit too well judging by the concern in the other mare's voice. Once she's flown a bit away, Emerald turns to Mr. Boulder. "My job is complete, then, as sad as the conclusion is. I brought the mother to the clinic for the filly, however indirectly. In fairness, you've helped me for a quarter-hour for no benefit to yourself. Do you need any help with anything relating to those hoodlums or something? I may be able to help."

RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:27 pm

"Actually, yes," said Dodger. "These hoodlums are fliers, and I, as you can clearly see, am ground-bound. A unicorn would help to keep them down, and help against their superior number, but perhaps you'd like to help me find a Pegasus that's free? If they try to get away, we'd need someone who can catch up."

Dodger thought of perhaps the most important part. "Oh, and my attempts to teach them a lesson will likely get violent. If you don't wish to get hurt, I will not hold it against you if you choose not to aid me."
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:54 am

"They're hoodlums using paint cans and stealing unattended objects." Emerald informs the stallion with an eye-roll. She then points at the chunk missing from her left ear, looking like it was bitten off. "I've had to deal with worse ruffians. I'm sure reasoning with them will be efficacious though, once the situation is fully explained."

Her gaze leads up to the sky. A few clouds were there, but not a chance of rain; merely for pegasi to sleep on considering lack of beds, or to provide shade spots in the unending sun. None were in shouting range, though. "I don't see any flyguys, and I'm afraid I'm rather new to the area, I wouldn't know one to help. The only ones I've really talked to are the nurse way back at the clinic and a few that attended my one show before this whole thing happened." She sighs. "And more bad news, you have too much faith in unicorn power. Beatrice might have been able to ground several ponies at once, but I'm not exactly her skill-set. Still, it would behoove me to try, after the aid you lent me."
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next