Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Changeling Investigations

+3
Xel Unknown
Brony 7 of 9
Masterweaver
7 posters

Page 8 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Changeling Investigations - Page 8 Empty Re: Changeling Investigations

Post  RavenscroftRaven Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:24 pm

Ruby facehoofs. A light wind catches her at that moment, making her wings jingle with metal. "THAT's what you're basing this on? Newsflash, NOPONY wears metal regularly. Even you guys aren't really wearing it, cloth is protecting the skin anywhere you might... Changeling agent provocateur!"

Of course, she was clearly lying about nopony wearing it, she was one of few lower-class ponies who did wear steel adornments, but even amongst the upper class iron accessories weren't that common, preferring silver or gold. Only heavy workponies and guards would have any regular contact with it, that was a really stupid way of judging things. But the rest of the party were convincing her a bit. They really did act like riot inciters.

Knowledge:
Roll(1d20)+5:
15,+5
Total:20
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Ravenscroft

Back to top Go down

Post  Masterweaver Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:16 pm

Ember thinks they're telling the truth... but the rest of you realize these are idiot fanatics.

"The worst part is EARS is a conglomerate," Rainbow mutters. "They'll just say this was arranged independently by a small, unimportant cell and avoid blame. Again. Right."

A few police ponies arrive on the scene, arresting all the fallen warriors and the two still standing lunatics. Rainbow turns to you. "So, what's your genius plan from here?"

YOU HAVE ACHIEVED ONE OF YOUR FOUR ASSIGNED GOALS.
Masterweaver
Masterweaver
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:20 pm

"W... we were gonna... Look for Skeeter..." 'piped up' Ember.
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:31 am

"While we play the 'paranoid pony' card, we have no proof of you being a pony, you break your own rule so quickly and willingly. Find yourself a buddy unless you managed to already brush them all off. But enough personal problems, we do intend to insure that the young pegasus filly is not assaulted like here while we figure out evidence of her poniness." It may have been a little stretch, but that was basically it. She kept her tone short and cool: She was embarrassed by her reaction around Rarity, that was all her bad and she accepted it, but this polychromatic featherbrain just rubbed her the wrong way. Maybe it was just territoriality speaking, what with her being another pegasus mare. 'I'll go with that for now. Assume the best in ponies. Maybe her hormones are off if its growing such a mane, that might chip a temper. I'm not one to judge.'

"Over a half-dozen is not a "small cell" in a hamlet like this. And I doubt they sent every member." She eyed the troop that believed the absurd metal myth. "You 'ling-lovers got more where you came from, or are you as pathetic as you seem?"
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:26 pm

"Ok then... Now we've got more imporant thing then these bozos... Next we gotta find that foal..." Chain Link reminded everyone then something clicked in his memory. "Oh shit... I think I had seen that charge we're looking for before the EARS attacked us... Just didn't realize it at the time."
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc pseudopolis Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:41 pm

Brony 7 of 9 wrote:"W... we were gonna... Look for Skeeter..." 'piped up' Ember.
"Scarper...Scooter...Scrapper? What's her name again?"
Xel Unknown wrote:"Ok then... Now we've got more imporant thing then these bozos... Next we gotta find that foal..." Chain Link reminded everyone then something clicked in his memory. "Oh shit... I think I had seen that charge we're looking for before the EARS attacked us... Just didn't realize it at the time."
"Well I think she and her friends were going in this direction, though I don't think I saw them after they left for here."
Ragdoll turns towards the crowd.
"Has anyone seen a short, purple and orange pegasus filly? I think she was with two other fillies."

Doc pseudopolis
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:49 pm

"One's a unicorn, I think she was white... The other was a yellow earth pony..." Chain Link said thinking about the trio he saw in passing before the EARS attack happened.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Masterweaver Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:18 pm

"You're looking for the Crusaders? They went that way!" A blue pony helpfully points down the road, befoer giving the group a look over. "Oh no.... Did Scootaloo get accused of being a Changeling again?"
Masterweaver
Masterweaver
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:50 pm

Masterweaver wrote:"You're looking for the Crusaders? They went that way!" A blue pony helpfully points down the road, befoer giving the group a look over. "Oh no.... Did Scootaloo get accused of being a Changeling again?"
Chain Link nods. "Yeah... And we're looking into it... To hopefully keep the filly save from people like these bozos here." Next he runs off where the blue pony pointed.
Roll Stunts = nat 20 (well the bad luck I was getting in that solo be gone) + 5 = 25
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:31 pm

Pulling his mind away form the ignorant pegasus- and noting on the minotaur who seemed to have an aversion to team work as he ran off- Flashpoint turns to the blue mare who spoke. "Yes, apparently she has. And apparently it isn't as much a secret as we thought. Would you happen to know anything else about the situation we might have missed? We seem to be running a little dark, and would appreciate any extra information, or assistance." He thought about adding in a quip about unhelpful interference on the part of a certain pegasus he knew was still nearby, but decided against it. "For starters, do you know who's raising these accusations?"
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc pseudopolis Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:51 pm

"...Welp I'll go after him shall I? He couldn't have gotten too far."
Ragdoll chases after Chainlink.
"Hey! Wait up dood! I can't *pant* run that fast!"
Roll (Stunts: Chasing after chainlink.)
Roll:

Doc pseudopolis
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:19 pm

Ruby looks at Chain Link, then at Ragdoll as he leaves too. "What is he supposed to be, a prinny?" She mumbles to herself.

This day just wasn't going perfect. / The kind of day that made her feel like she was small.
Every pony from all around / They seemed to judge her on the ground.
And waited for the other shoe to fall...

'At least they're in the buddy system. But that one of them has no ability to communicate in basic Equestrian at all, and the other is a 'taur. That group will totally fail if they encounter our target.'

Ruby just hopes they stay back and watch, instead of rush them like before.
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Masterweaver Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:12 pm

The blue pony rolls her eyes. "Scoots is a free range orphan. So of course all the worried mothers start to think she's actually a changeling wanting to, somehow, seduce their children. It varies every week, but the problem is we can't stop it without getting her adopted and we can't get her adopted without her permission and unless it's Rainbow Dash she won't give her permission. Foals." She glances around before leaning in. "I even hear she's avoiding the local orphanage. I don't know why!"

MEANWHILE

Chain Link and Ragdoll catch up to the Crusaders. They are busy trying to stay awake as a purple unicorn is lecturing them about... thaumodynamics? You can't tell from this distance, but she has two or three books levitating around her and a chalkboard.

Maybe you shouldn't get involved....
Masterweaver
Masterweaver
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc pseudopolis Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:22 pm

Well they should be ok...probably...does their species have to worry about dying from boredom?
Ragdoll glanced around, looking for any bystanders.
Roll (Perception: Is there anyone around other than the purple unicorn, the crusaders, Chainlink and Ragdoll?)
Roll:
"Hey Chainlink. Do you see any other ponies?"

Doc pseudopolis
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:49 pm

"Family drama. Joy." Flashpoint deadpans. "Well, lucki-*cough* unfortunately I don't think adoption services are within our purview, so all we can do is get our info and report it. Maybe, if we pass it up the chain, word will spread and we won't have to be out here every week trying to catch her again." He lowers his voice a bit for the next part. "And it's not like getting her adopted by that moron will help her situation any. I doubt she has the capacity to be a caregiver to a young filly, and Scootaloo will probably just be out roaming the streets after a day or two anyway."

Flashpoint looks around again, remembering the warning about not losing sight of each other. "Rubles, I'm going up to get line of sight back on those two that ran off. HOPEFULLY I won't be blindsided by a rainbow nuisance. You and the other two finish up here. Look for anything else of assistance. Remember, we aren't accountable for the cleanup, but if you want to stick around a bit, make sure ponies know who we're with so we can avoid interruptions in the future. Then make your way to regroup with the other two, once you've finished." He turned to the blue mare again. "We appreciate your assistance ma'am. If there's anything else you can offer, please let Ruby here know." He nods a quick goodbye, and takes off into the air, in the direction of the other two.

(Chicken joke. I get it.)
(I guess I need Perception here, to find the others? 10+10=20)
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:02 am

perception roll:

The Minotaur doesn't reply, as he tries more to get a good look at what the unicorn was saying. He wasn't sure, but the topic looked like something he wouldn't mind learning...
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Masterweaver Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:36 pm

Once again, the party is split. Rainbow Dash facehooves. "Whatever, I'll let the hunters get them."

Over by Twilight, Chain Link realizes the unicorn is talking about magic... so far above his studies he couldn't possibly understand it. The other ponies walking around in the background are just normal background walking ponies. Except for that pink one, who is walking on stilts for some reason, but nobody seems to notice.
Masterweaver
Masterweaver
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:43 pm

Now that the shouting seems to have stopped, Ember stops cowering in the corner.

"S... should we... follow them? 'Cause... we wanted to split up earlier..."
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Masterweaver Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:56 pm

A tumbleweed tumbles past.
Masterweaver
Masterweaver
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc pseudopolis Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:31 pm

Ragdoll just sits down somewhere that has a good field of view and keeps an eye out for any hostile parties.
Roll (Perception: Keeping an eye out for hostiles)
Roll:

Doc pseudopolis
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:07 pm

(OOC: I swear I had thought I posted here, but I didn't)

Chain Link still slowly walks foreward, even though it's higher then his level to deal with, he wanted to know what he could.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Masterweaver Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:55 pm

((Can I get a post from everypony please, I... I kinda don't know where you all are and what you're doing.))
Masterweaver
Masterweaver
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:04 pm

Ember, seeing as how no one answered her, sheepishly heads off after Chain Link.
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:39 am

Brony 7 of 9 wrote:Ember, seeing as how no one answered her, sheepishly heads off after Chain Link.
(That's what happens when the font's so damn small. Isn't that supposed to mean you're talking really quietly, anyway?"

Flashpoint is in the air watching again. 20 on perception.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Masterweaver Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:07 pm

And then because Weaver was lazy, all the player characters meandered over to where Twilight was lecturing the Crusaders.

"...and that's why I can't invert the common invisibility spell without risking dimensional fatigue. So, any questions?"
Masterweaver
Masterweaver
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next