Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Changeling Investigations

+3
Xel Unknown
Brony 7 of 9
Masterweaver
7 posters

Page 9 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Changeling Investigations - Page 9 Empty Re: Changeling Investigations

Post  Xel Unknown Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:36 pm

"May I request taking some classes in these magical studies you seem to be offering?" Chain Link asked on reflex.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc pseudopolis Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:54 pm

"What's dimensional fatigue? Why would you need to invert a common invisibility spell? How do you invert a common invisibility spell in the first place?"
Ragdoll looks apologetic and shrugs.
"You asked for questions."

Doc pseudopolis
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:54 am

Ruby's mind boggles.

'INVERT an invisibility spell? I know some guards would cancel one, dispel one, but invert one? Does it make the world seem invisible to the effected? You could see through walls? Or maybe it makes the person cast on super-visible, like a flare... But dimensional fatigue? That doesn't sound good.'

...Wait, that's Twilight! Took a second to recognize her, she's grown since Ruby stopped stalking working unnecessarily entirely lawfully near Shining Armor. Really into her studies, if her memory served her right. It was probably some theoretical thing, then, not nearly as awesome as seeing through walls. She hung back a bit, to not bother the fillies once more. She would let the others take the lead, and just make sure there were no ambushes planned this time around.
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Ravenscroft

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:36 am

"So now everypony's suddenly interested in theoretical magic. Yawn. Somebody wake me up if something either interesting or relevant to our assigned task happens." Laying down behind most of the group, Flashpoint selectively listens for any mention of Changelings or the other organizations, but otherwise tunes everything out. He also makes it a point to watch Scootaloo for any unusual or changeling-esque behavior.

Last edited by Bronymous on Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:08 pm

"I-if you can't invert the spell... why is there... the option?"
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Masterweaver Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:03 pm

"It's good to see somepony interested in thaumodynamic manipulation!" Twilight says with a wide grin, looking up at the newcomers. "This isn't a class so much as... welll, I want to see if I could explain the basics of semi-dimensional spells to a new audience and--"

She sighes as she realizes the CMC have dozed off.

"...I guess maybe I laid it on a bit think. Maybe I should cut back on the Mensa level words..."
Masterweaver
Masterweaver
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:30 pm

"Yeah I'm sure that'd help a lot with us newbies to this level of magic... And, oh yeah... I believe we're the folks here just well, look into the whole reports of that pegasus filly being a changeling?" Chain Link said with a smile looking over to the CMC then back to Twilight. "And I take it by your high level know-how of magic, you must be that friend of Ms Rarity, that I was told would be a treat for me to chat with. How do you do, my name is Chain Link."
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc pseudopolis Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:04 pm

Ragdoll tilts his head in a confused fashion.
"Thaumo-what now?"

Doc pseudopolis
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:21 pm

"It has something to do with production and expenditure of magical energy." Flashpoint recites, not fully certain if he read that somewhere credible, or in a fiction novel. "It's another big word unicorns use to describe what the rest of us call 'magic'."
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:22 pm

"It's a tad more complex then that, but yeah..." Chain Link comments.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:31 pm

"I bet you it isn't that much more complex. Thaumo equals measure of magic produced or spent, dynamic meaning it changes. Change in the amount of magic used, probably relative to differences in spells, used as theoretical bases for new spells and experiments, etc." Now he knew he had read this somewhere. "What it is is unimportant right this second." Flashpoint stands, walking over to the sleeping CMCs. "Alright, can someone... do something, verify she isn't a changeling so we can move on? We have two more assignments to get to, and I'm sure once miss Raindrops goes to complain to Rarity we'll have enough of a chewing out waiting for us as is."
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc pseudopolis Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:41 pm

"...oh right my job."
Ragdoll goes over to the sleeping filly and gives her a poke, keeping an eye her reaction to his question, stepping back if/when she wakes.
"Help settle a bet. Are you a changeling?"
Roll (Perception: Again is Scootaloo a changeling? [+5 from "I have experience"])
Roll:
Roll (Perception: Is her answer a lie?)
Roll:
Spoiler:

Doc pseudopolis
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Masterweaver Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:16 pm

Xel Unknown wrote:"Yeah I'm sure that'd help a lot with us newbies to this level of magic... And, oh yeah... I believe we're the folks here just well, look into the whole reports of that pegasus filly being a changeling?" Chain Link said with a smile looking over to the CMC then back to Twilight. "And I take it by your high level know-how of magic, you must be that friend of Ms Rarity, that I was told would be a treat for me to chat with. How do you do, my name is Chain Link."

"Twilight Sparkle," the unicorn smiles back. "It's good to know there are other students of magic in town!

Doc pseudopolis wrote:Ragdoll tilts his head in a confused fashion.
"Thaumo-what now?"
Bronymous wrote:"It has something to do with production and expenditure of magical energy." Flashpoint recites, not fully certain if he read that somewhere credible, or in a fiction novel. "It's another big word unicorns use to describe what the rest of us call 'magic'."
Xel Unknown wrote:"It's a tad more complex then that, but yeah..." Chain Link comments.

"Well, yes, that's the laypony's definition..."

Bronymous wrote:"I bet you it isn't that much more complex. Thaumo equals measure of magic produced or spent, dynamic meaning it changes. Change in the amount of magic used, probably relative to differences in spells, used as theoretical bases for new spells and experiments, etc." Now he knew he had read this somewhere. "What it is is unimportant right this second." Flashpoint stands, walking over to the sleeping CMCs. "Alright, can someone... do something, verify she isn't a changeling so we can move on? We have two more assignments to get to, and I'm sure once miss Raindrops goes to complain to Rarity we'll have enough of a chewing out waiting for us as is."
Doc pseudopolis wrote:"...oh right my job."
Ragdoll goes over to the sleeping filly and gives her a poke, keeping an eye her reaction to his question, stepping back if/when she wakes.
"Help settle a bet. Are you a changeling?"
Roll (Perception: Again is Scootaloo a changeling? [+5 from "I have experience"])
Roll:
Roll (Perception: Is her answer a lie?)
Roll:
Spoiler:

Scootaloo wakes up, shaking her head. "Wha... I was just resting my--!" She catches sight of your badge and snorts. "Oh. Did I get another tag?"

"Apparently. Scootaloo, you know this wouldn't happen if--"

"I know my options! I'm happy where I am." The pegasus gives the unicorn a look. "No, I'm not a changeling." To your knowledge this statement is factual.
Masterweaver
Masterweaver
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc pseudopolis Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:03 pm

Ragdoll sits back on his haunches and starts thinking in stereotypical manner.
"Hmmm...this needs thoughts..."

Doc pseudopolis
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:25 pm

Chain Link nods. "Nice to meet you Ms. Sparkle."
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:37 am

"Twilight Sparkle? As in, Student of the Princess, sister of Captain Shining Armor, Element of Magic, defeated Nightmare Moon, defeated Discord, saved Princess Cadance and ejected the Changeling Queen, that Twilight Sparkle? Then I'm willing to bet you..." Flashpoint reaches for his badge again, "Are an EARS agent, too, right? Mayhap we can get some actual assistance from you, especially about her?" He points at Scootaloo. "Someone of your experience would probably be able to give us some better idea of what we're looking for, when it comes to identifying Changelings. Ruby, take notes."
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Masterweaver Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:51 am

Twilight snorts. "EXCUSE me, I am not associated with those EARS ponies. I am a member of CREW. And quite frankly, I'm not willing to help you because I know this pony here isn't a changeling and she doesn't need to be pushed around!"

Well, she seems adamant enough.
Masterweaver
Masterweaver
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:05 pm

"C-CREW?" asked Ember. "I-I'm with... CREW!"

Ember proudly pointed to her badge.
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:09 pm

"I didn't say we were with EARS." That's right, CREW, EARS were those dicks with the Flashbangs. Play it off. "We are CREW, as our badges point out. I find it interesting, though, that you don't recognize your own organization's emblem." It was a good point, and technically Flashpoint was supposed to be investigating any possible changeling activity. "Now I'm starting to wonder if maybe we're focusing on the wrong pony."
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc pseudopolis Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:18 pm

Ragdoll continues his stereotypical thinking manner.
"So the problem is that the mothers of the town are convinced that Scarper...Skelter...dammit!"
Ragdoll points at Scootaloo since he can't seem to articulate her name properly.
"Her is a changeling since she is an orphan yes?"
Spoiler:

Doc pseudopolis
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Masterweaver Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:25 pm

"You mean this emblem?" Twilight levitates a matching badge out of her saddlebags, deadpan. "The one I helped design? The one that I see every day? The one that quite literally a fifth of the ponies in this town have on them?"

She sighs and shakes her head. "Listen, you're new, eager, and paranoid. I understand that. But accusing a person just because they mention something or don't mention something else is not going to earn you many friends. That's our primary goal, educating the populace about changelings, and we teach hoofs-on just as much as we lecture. So, for instance: I have said Scootaloo is not a changeling. Can you tell me how I know this?"

"Aw come on, I have to be an example again?" moans the pegasus filly.

"I'll buy you a duffin."

"Three."

"...two."

"Two and an ice cream sandwich."

"Done."
Masterweaver
Masterweaver
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:27 pm

"B-because... she's not wearing iron?"
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc pseudopolis Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:28 pm

"The iron thing is a load of..."
Ragdoll looks around at present company.
"Well it's not correct either way."
He puffs himself up and starts poking his hoof in time with his reasons.
"She did not react to being asked if she was a changeling at all, physically or mentally, normally changelings with little experience wearing a persona panic when being asked if they are a changeling in anothers form and either try to blow it off or throw their persona off and attack. A skilled telepath can also usually observe their thoughts and note them wondering if the asker actually knows that they are a changeling. She was also sleep not half a minute ago, a sleeping changeling cannot maintain anothers form though some may learn to maintain it while asleep they will invariably show signs of assleep deprivation after a while as it requires them to maintain the form while asleep and as such will either need to drop the form and sleep truely or consume large quantites of love, or if they know how to shift their insides to allow it sugar, for energy so they don't drop off. If a changeling is knocked unconcious they will lose the form aswell as they cannot conciously maintain it in that state."
He takes a breath.
"Though I don't think anyone has asked Skitter...the filly about it she has also NOT displayed a lack of knowledge regarding her habits and/or relationships, since most changelings attempt to replace the subject without learning their personal history this is also a sign that a changeling is pretending to be them."

Last edited by Doc pseudopolis on Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

Doc pseudopolis
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:45 pm

Flashpoint cocks an eyebrow. "That's a cute story, but you just piled it on yourself. You helped design it, you- or Twilight- sees it everyday, but you didn't just recognize it a second ago, AND accused me of being EARS, despite the fact I was holding obvious proof to the contrary under your nose. Proof, I will reiterate, you should be familiar with, but seemed unable to recognize." He shakes his head. "I didn't really think you were a changeling, but your lack of attention to detail is disconcerting- what with your reputation as a scholar. But please, go ahead, how specifically do you know she isn't a Changeling?" At least we'll finally get some kind of answer out of somepony.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc pseudopolis Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:53 pm

"Also you called her an E.A.R.S agent earlier rather than a C.R.E.W agent Flesh..."
Ragdoll starts banging his head against the ground in rage at his mangling of others names.

Doc pseudopolis
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next