Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ponysona 4, creation, OOC and Sign Up

+8
Brony 7 of 9
tygerburningbright
Masterweaver
Doc pseudopolis
Ramsus
RavenscroftRaven
Xel Unknown
LoganAura
12 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Ponysona 4, creation, OOC and Sign Up - Page 2 Empty Re: Ponysona 4, creation, OOC and Sign Up

Post  Masterweaver Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:48 pm

Hippogriff, Kindness. Name: Redfeather. Question: What do you need for a dark secret? How dark is dark?
Masterweaver
Masterweaver
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Ponysona 4, creation, OOC and Sign Up - Page 2 Empty Re: Ponysona 4, creation, OOC and Sign Up

Post  LoganAura Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:00 pm

Well, Persona has two dead bodies appear in the first 30-60 minutes of gameplay. so rather dark.
If you meant dark for the secret, something the pony either doesn't want to face, or something they are fearful of as long as it involves themselves mostly.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:31 pm

UPDATE ON THE STUFF
I will be assigning Tarot relations, or the arcana, of your pony after analyzing your shadow and normal selves. The Arcana you are aligned with will be your Social Link- something that will grow as your friendship with others grows. (Also known as you guys gain harmony)
Various NPCs will have Social Links for you guys to strengthen up, one of which being the companion NPC who will be the one with the Fool Arcana. Just the Fool though. To strengthen these are generally tasks and stuff, maybe spending time with the NPCs. Depending on the pony.
Personas will give up to 8 combat talents OR traits, usable only after spending 4 pips on your first turn to activate them and essentially taking over your combat talents. (Sort of like morpher ideas that dan made.) The combat talents will be gained as the persona's level up. Traits will be the Auto-kajas or Regen and stuff.
The persona's themselves? I'm going to try and make them related to your ponies rather than just take ones from the games, although the ones in game are usable.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Masterweaver Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:42 pm

Since I have no idea what you're saying I'll just say WOOHOO!
Masterweaver
Masterweaver
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:20 pm

All right. Right now we have...
Ramsus: Loyal "earth Pony" with a hoverboard
Master Weaver: Kindness Hippogriff
Xel: Magic Pegasus
Above 3 are relatively inexperienced with Persona 4
Raven: Laughter earthpony
Above knows Persona 4
Doc (Who sent me stuff in a PM): Kind Griffin.
Unknown. Might know, might've just googled.
I think that's enough people to sign up. Now we just need to finalize the characters, and the Persona portion of the game, and I'll make a game thread once everything is done.

Edit: MIGHT accept a six if they know the Persona series, specifically 4, and are willing to help me with the persona portions of the game. Doc and Raven (Since you two know a bit more), post any ideas for the Persona portion of the game and I'll mull them over.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:28 pm

Awwwwww @ No to Helper Bees. Guess I'll go for my backup of Perfect Focus then. Less flavorful for me though. *shrug*
Ramsus
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:32 pm

So the key things then are:

1) Tarot relationships (covered, you've got an idea)
2) The Shadows (covered, we're working on inspiring you)
3) How personas effect the game (akin to artifacts and items, it seems)
4) Fusion: Don't bother. None of us are the fool, none of us can use it. Saves a lot of effort. Transformations could trigger with Destiny steps.
5) Arcana Relations: Based on our opinions and backstory; represent our Harmony growth.
6) Items: Nothing yet.
7) DMPC: I assume already well in hand.

The one concern I have is this: PbP is fairly slow, even at the best of times. I know the flow of the P4 game. We can't have players missing for entire months of in-game time, I think, or there could be problems with retention. I'm not sure how you're planning on tackling that, but its a concern to look out for if you're actually following the plotline. Its going to be quicker as people likely won't faff about eating at Aiyaaaaas thirty days in a row instead of save their friends, but it could still be a week or two real-world without the player making even a single post, unless you want them to take over the Shadow's role, but I feel that role is best kept in the hands of the DM.

Also, we need pegasi to ensure it never rains two days in a row... No reason why. Rolling Eyes

Also, if still claiming, I claim the Devil, Abbadon as my persona, and I've mixed him to have Reflect Fire, Null Light, and Null Frost. Razz [This means NOTHING to the other people here Smile Obviously I'm just kidding.]

Last edited by RavenscroftRaven on Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Ravenscroft

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:33 pm

Sorry ramsus. That +Xd4 is the thing that does it for me, even if it IS only up to 6 pips. That'd easily allow for an It's Over really quickly if rolled well.

My issue with a Skype game is that I live at home and don't have privacy, along with me having 3 games already. I don't really have the time- yet- to do a skype.
Oh, and of course it'll have to rain 3-4 days in a row. adult weather Pegasi aren't going to listen to a bunch of teenagers/college students.

Last edited by LoganAura on Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:36 pm

Not sure if you caught my above post, it was a ninja.

I'd say not to worry on emulating the item system perfectly, I don't think it's too vital to have on the outset. We don't need them as much because unlike scrawny teenagers, we've got magic, so we're not worried on having swords, or designer shoes, or fold-up chairs.
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:38 pm

Yeah, I was ninjaed.

and yeah, items are probably not gonna be too Persona Specific, but we can at the very least reflavor the items.
Ramsus. Your weapons are additions to your drones. It is canon by the DM.

Oh, and like I said I will asign the arcanas for you guys because I know the symbolism of the cards. So you can tell me what you LIKE, but if it isn't applicable to your character, you can't use it.

Last edited by LoganAura on Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:40 pm

If you are attached to items: Armor that, whenever you take damage, roll a die and if it's max roll, you take one less damage. Better armor is a smaller die, or even the chance to prevent two damage.

Weapons that do the opposite, and increase damage on a supplementary roll, or give a save-ends DoT when you critical. (Make sure you can't trigger criticals off these, of course).

Accessories can prevent certain abnormals, or resist them: Flip a coin, if heads, the Blind effect doesn't effect you, etc.

If you're going the items expansion that is not yet out, can't help you much with it. Just change the items to shoes and designer clothes, I guess.

RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:43 pm

*Nodding* the equipment will mostly just be reflavored items from the Treasure Hoard. Which is out actually. I'll keep it private for when you guys go shopping Razz

Oh, and it isn't exaaactly like the game... I just have some interesting ideas for that part of it >Smile Don't worry about weeks in real life without doing stuff. *waves a hoof in placation*
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:50 pm

Okay, then in that case, a quick summary of the things you're still looking at needing would be great (like, besides my character sheet. :p I'll get it to you tomorrow).
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc pseudopolis Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:53 pm

mmm...for the weakness etc unless attacks (probably for shadows/persona) will get elements I figured it should only be used for ailments (and even then probably only applying Resist, null and reflect to them...maybe weakness as a -5 modifier to the save-ends roll).
Other than that I agree with more-or-less everything raven said...especially the part about the weather pegusi not matter how futile it may be.

Doc pseudopolis
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:55 pm

LoganAura wrote:Ramsus. Your weapons are additions to your drones. It is canon by the DM.
I like this idea! Very Happy (Also it means my drones idea got approved!)

I want the Moon! What? The tarot? No I meant....uh..... nvm. jocolor

You didn't have to worry about It's Over! If you note, I didn't take it, even though a large part of my battle strategy is "throw out a lot of d12's and have derpy's lightning" which is one of the few plans where taking that talent even makes sense. I honestly don't consider It's Over! to be balanced or fun, so I'd never take it in a serious game. (The only time I've been tempted so far was in Xel's game and that's only because I'd puzzled out a way to bust it out on turn three. The trick basically involves "have the vampire or half-cloud joke templates and do tons of self-damage for PiPs")

Edit: Guys, Brash Landing is a weather earth pony, so yeah, I got the cloud control covered.
Edit 2: Though, weather control isn't his focus. But, it's enough to handle making/ceasing rain.

Edit 3: Raven, in case you weren't just joking, I don't know what happened in the show/game but, I doubt Logan would have us RP sitting around for months while other players did things. Unless that's what we wanted to do.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Masterweaver Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:17 pm

Here's Redfeather. I'll PM the GM with her DAAAAARK SEEEECRET.
Masterweaver
Masterweaver
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:31 pm

All right things I need:
I'm going to need some of you to do your sheets, what your Weaponry would be, what type of armor you would wear, a quick description of your pony's personality, and a bit of time to mull over the introduction post.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Masterweaver Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:33 pm

...I have not played the persona games, should I mention that?
Masterweaver
Masterweaver
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:37 pm

'sall right. so far 2/5 of the party have, so it actually makes me feel a little better about things.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:32 pm

LoganAura wrote:Sorry ramsus. That +Xd4 is the thing that does it for me, even if it IS only up to 6 pips. That'd easily allow for an It's Over really quickly if rolled well.
I'd like to note that you only get a pip for the target ally who isn't the Bee Summoner if any of d4s rolled get's a 4... And it takes A LONG TIME to get enough bees onto the feild to make it worthwile, and the bees have a HUGE weakness to full party AOE attacks... Still it's upto you if you wanta let my suggests in or not. I'm more just wondering how you think it's so broken. And I'd like to add, It's Over only is a factor if you even allow it in your campaign.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:39 pm

I'm just not a huge fan of the summon in general. that +pip thing is really what I meant. It's Over being the example.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:42 pm

I'm allowed the weapons and armor to be as silly and nonsensical as in the games, right?

I'll PM you the rest of it.
Weapons: Kitchen Utensils (ladles, spatulas, wooden spoons, the odd chef's knife or rolling pin)
Armor: Everyday clothing and uniforms.

Link for Icing Sugar: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1VO9DADBxdzaoerW5-voYpn5rOnTNI0dKqvAKev5LKU4/edit
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:06 pm

You are allowed whatever weapons you want. Think of it this way. One person fights with a fan, another with her shins. Any silly weapons are good. Oh!
Party. Weapons. Armor.
Ramsus: drones. Goggles (Mostly just the color)
Raven: Kitchen stuff. Normal clothes.
Doc: small knives/scalpels. Doctor equipment
Weaver: Nothing (Your weapons are nail clippers and stuff.). ?
Xel: potion bombs. Cloaks?

Last edited by LoganAura on Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Masterweaver Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:11 pm

...I'll just have Readfeather fight bare-taloned.
Masterweaver
Masterweaver
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:15 pm

Zeela's "Weapon": BOMB POTIONS!!!
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next