Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Steam Emperor and The Plastic Ponies - IC

+4
Appkes
SilentBelle
Masterweaver
Cardbo
8 posters

Page 4 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 18  Next

Go down

The Steam Emperor and The Plastic Ponies - IC - Page 4 Empty Re: The Steam Emperor and The Plastic Ponies - IC

Post  Masterweaver Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:10 am

Xeca leaps to the side of the cart as the tremors pass by, quivering in terror.
Masterweaver
Masterweaver
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

The Steam Emperor and The Plastic Ponies - IC - Page 4 Empty Re: The Steam Emperor and The Plastic Ponies - IC

Post  GentlemanOtherwise Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:34 am

Miracle Elixir, teeth gripping the wheel tightly, nevertheless gets knocked around a bit. She's got a light frame, so she's not exactly still and immoveable.

"Gah!" Then comes a flying dose of orange and thunder-copper distillate from a shelf. Which splashes on her face. "Blagh. Augh, grt thsh urf my fasch!" She begins wiping at her face with a hoof, teeth still locked on the wheel.
GentlemanOtherwise
GentlemanOtherwise
Background Pony
Background Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:57 pm

"Woah!" Golden Spike shouts and instinctively takes to the air, only to smash his head against the roof of he caravan. "Ow," he says and rubs his head. (OOC: Acrobatics:30 = 13 + 17) He manages to hover in place despite the shaking vehicle around him. He watches as he sees the numerous ingredients, powders and jars all rattle precariously, doing his best to avoid any falling chemicals.

The quake lasted only a short while though Golden Spike remains hovering there for about a minute before landing. "What in the hay, are earthquakes common around here?"
(OOC: History check to know how common earthquakes are in these parts: 20 = 12 + 8 )
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/SilentBelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:37 pm

SilentBelle wrote:"Woah!" Golden Spike shouts and instinctively takes to the air, only to smash his head against the roof of he caravan. "Ow," he says and rubs his head. (OOC: Acrobatics:30 = 13 + 17) He manages to hover in place despite the shaking vehicle around him. He watches as he sees the numerous ingredients, powders and jars all rattle precariously, doing his best to avoid any falling chemicals.

The quake lasted only a short while though Golden Spike remains hovering there for about a minute before landing. "What in the hay, are earthquakes common around here?"
(OOC: History check to know how common earthquakes are in these parts: 20 = 12 + 8 )

As far as you know, this region is geographically stable. At least, you can't ever remember an earthquake happening. As far as you know, this earthquake is very unusual.

-----

kajisora wrote:I hope the cart hasn't left yet: I was planning on joining up once Cloud sees the thing and gets curious.
His easel just fell down, ruining the painting but freeing him up to notice things. Such goeth tragedy.
Edit: not sure if I need to roll on that looking around. JIC:
Spoiler:

You see a cart moving off in the distance. There's the police officer Just Desserts and the usual store vendors. You also see the Cave Statue walking near Just Desserts.

OOC:You can fly off after the Caravan, but you don't have to. There's still stuff to do in the city.

Cardbo
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:45 pm

----

In the Caravan,

Thankfully, most of the the potions remains secure in their holders, except for the Thunder Copper distillate which splashed into her face. She takes 3 damage from that is temporarily blinded until she can wipe the stuff out of her face.

Golden Spike bumped his head, taking 2 damage, but remain otherwise unharmed.

Xeca is a little banged up and takes 2 damage as well.

Unfortunately, Miracle's workstation is major casuality. There is broken glass everywhere and the spilled chemicals and ingredients everywhere.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:10 pm

"Ow," Golden Spike mutters to himself, "that's gonna leave a bump."

He looks around at the mess. "Is everypony alri- Woah!" he exclaims when he catches sight of Miracle Elixir. "That looks painful, are you alright? Do you have water or something around here to wash that out with." He looks around at the disaster (OOC: Perception: 18 = 13 + 5).
"I can't find anything in this mess." He begins to salvage any unbroken and intact ingredients from the floor and put them up on the shelves, but he decides not to touch any of the items with strange liquids and powders covering them.
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:20 pm

SilentBelle wrote:"Ow," Golden Spike mutters to himself, "that's gonna leave a bump."

He looks around at the mess. "Is everypony alri- Woah!" he exclaims when he catches sight of Miracle Elixir. "That looks painful, are you alright? Do you have water or something around here to wash that out with." He looks around at the disaster (OOC: Perception: 18 = 13 + 5).
"I can't find anything in this mess." He begins to salvage any unbroken and intact ingredients from the floor and put them up on the shelves, but he decides not to touch any of the items with strange liquids and powders covering them.

There's a relatively clean washcloth hanging from a hook nearby.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  GentlemanOtherwise Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:20 pm

"Lrrtle hlp hre?" Miracle is flailing her hoof against her face, attempting to remove the offending distillate. Eventually, she locates a little eye-wash bottle of water in her desk drawers, then pours it out on her face, attempting to remove the substance- successfully.

(([Saving throw: 17] or [Roll: 7 + 9(Heal) + 5(Cutie Mark)]))

Also, unfortunate enough to see her desk in ruins. "...oh, hay..." It's a bit of a disaster area. Miracle sighs, walks over to the spill and begins to clean up, gingerly, with her mouth and hooves, careful to avoid broken glass. "Ugh... thanks, Spike, but I'm okay. Could someone get the wheel? Pull to stop us."
GentlemanOtherwise
GentlemanOtherwise
Background Pony
Background Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:31 pm

"Got it." Golden Spike says as gingerly flies over to the wheel and pulls on it, bringing the caravan to a halt. "I'm surprised this thing can still drive after that quake."

He then goes back to assisting with the clean-up.
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

Back to top Go down

Post  kajisora Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:20 pm

Cloud Brush quickly grabs his painting tools and stores them away in a small pouch, then sinks that into his forearm. He then folds up the easel and sinks that into his other forearm.
Now what is THAT? It...looks like a pony... more or less... Let's go and see
The loss of his day's work almost completely forgotten, Cloud heads in the direction of the mysterious... whatever it is.
((from the intro post, I assume Steel looks only slightly like a pony, or even anything organic))
kajisora
kajisora
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:53 pm

GentlemanOtherwise wrote:"Lrrtle hlp hre?" Miracle is flailing her hoof against her face, attempting to remove the offending distillate. Eventually, she locates a little eye-wash bottle of water in her desk drawers, then pours it out on her face, attempting to remove the substance- successfully.

(([Saving throw: 17] or [Roll: 7 + 9(Heal) + 5(Cutie Mark)]))

Also, unfortunate enough to see her desk in ruins. "...oh, hay..." It's a bit of a disaster area. Miracle sighs, walks over to the spill and begins to clean up, gingerly, with her mouth and hooves, careful to avoid broken glass. "Ugh... thanks, Spike, but I'm okay. Could someone get the wheel? Pull to stop us."

You manage to wipe the chemicals near completely from your eyes, but there is some residual stinging.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Masterweaver Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:25 pm

"Grzzzz," Xeca says sadly, descending from her perch.
Masterweaver
Masterweaver
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Appkes Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:12 pm

As the earthquake struck, the robot's inbuilt sensors had detected it just milliseconds before, giving it enough time to crouch, and avoid being knocked off it's ambulatory supports. A previously damaged contact in it's battered electronic brain, corroded with the years, was shifted by the shaking back into place, giving it a fragment of the past - a serial code, it's identifier from all those years ago.

17/STL H4/RT
Appkes
Appkes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  kajisora Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:13 pm

Cloud cautiously approaches the odd creature.
"Excuse me, you look a little... lost. Are you alright?"
kajisora
kajisora
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Appkes Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:56 pm

The robot's worn, snub-nosed head turned with a whirr, followed by the heavy body clunking in a circular motion on the spot. This was the first time it had been adressed by the local denizens. Unfortunatelyy, much like the sign, the language was incomprehensible. STL responded in Common, but barely expected any understanding.
"તમે શું માત્ર કહી હતી?"
Appkes
Appkes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:53 pm

Paper Shadow wrote:
"Oh, yes please. Something light, if you don't mind," Khaarazite replied, with a small smile, as he looks around the room to see if something had changed, or something new and exciting was added...

The room is the same as before in the previous months. Its made of finished planks. There's a significant amount of battle damage here. Bullet holes, knife slashes and hoof indents everywhere, just like normal.

Tea Time taps her chin. "I think I know what I can give you."* She heads back into the kitchen and starts whipping up something. After a few moments, she returns, and sets several dish in front.

"There you go. Hay sandwich, salad, and hay fries. I know how much you colts love your hay fries."

She heads back into the kitchen.

OOC:I'm going to need you to roll Perception here.

*OOC: Found a better color for Tea Time.

----

Just Desserts stands up after earthquake. "Check on each of your neighbors! If you're fine and don't have anyone to help, head to Fountain Circle. There may be aftershocks! Well set up triage there."

He runs off into the town to get to spread that message.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  kajisora Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:14 am

AppkesGelatinousCubeBait wrote:"તમે શું માત્ર કહી હતી?"
Doesn't speak equestrian then... ahh, an officer. Maybe he can help
Cloud motions for the creature to stay put, hoping it will catch his meaning.
"Wait here, I'll be right back."
Cloud looks around, but can't find the officer anywhere.
That's right! I heard something about meeting up at the fountain. Now how do I get that across?
Maybe with images!

Cloud runs back to the strange creature, extracts his pouch of drawing implements and a piece of paper.
He then quickly sketches a series of images, depicting the being following him to a fountain, where a lot of ponies are gathered.
((do I need to roll for those sketches? if so, what? xd
Also: I am assuming brush would have that pouch of art supplies, the easel and a small supply of paper stored with Inkbound Item, and that those are everything he owns.))
kajisora
kajisora
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  kajisora Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:48 pm

Cardbo wrote:As for what to roll, either mechanics or persuasion. Or you could probably just describe what your drawing and just skip the roll. This is mostly between you Appkes, so its pretty much up to him as to how Steel Heart's interpeting all this.
The first sketch depicts a pony and a pony-like creature with speech bubble showing different symbols.
The second shows the pony walking, with the creature close behind.
The third sketch shows a fountain, with a lot of ponies gathered around.
The fourth and final sketch shows a lot of ponies with speech bubbles, with a different symbol in each one, one of them matching the creature's

Cloud lays the series in front of the creature, pointing at them. He then takes a few steps back, and waves for it to follow
kajisora
kajisora
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:59 pm

Cardbo wrote:The room is the same as before in the previous months. Its made of finished planks. There's a significant amount of battle damage here. Bullet holes, knife slashes and hoof indents everywhere, just like normal.

Tea Time taps her chin. "I think I know what I can give you."* She heads back into the kitchen and starts whipping up something. After a few moments, she returns, and sets several dish in front.

"There you go. Hay sandwich, salad, and hay fries. I know how much you colts love your hay fries."

Khaarazite thanks the maid as she leaves the room. He looks upon the food presented. Changelings aren't really known for eating food, but if you've been undercover for so long, you kinda learn how to enjoy food. Khaarazite takes one more look around before starting his meal...

(Perception Roll: 18+8=26)
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Appkes Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:40 pm

As the pony, clearly unable to understand the robot, pulled out a dragwring pad and started scribbling, STL clunker it's way over and looked at the drawings. Now it understood - nonverbal communication was apparently on the cards. After a few seconds processing the pictograms, it was sure the meaning was to follow the drawrer to the fountain where a translator could be found. That or that a nuclear detonation was imminent and to run screaming. Probability favoured the first option, however.
Appkes
Appkes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:34 pm

Paper Shadow wrote:
Cardbo wrote:The room is the same as before in the previous months. Its made of finished planks. There's a significant amount of battle damage here. Bullet holes, knife slashes and hoof indents everywhere, just like normal.

Khaarazite thanks the maid as she leaves the room. He looks upon the food presented. Changelings aren't really known for eating food, but if you've been undercover for so long, you kinda learn how to enjoy food. Khaarazite takes one more look around before starting his meal...

(Perception Roll: 18+8=26)

You hear a sneeze.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:19 pm

Cardbo wrote:You hear a sneeze.
The changeling looks around to see if he can see the origin of the sneeze...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:53 am

Paper Shadow wrote:
Cardbo wrote:You hear a sneeze.
The changeling looks around to see if he can see the origin of the sneeze...

Its coming from the kitchen from where Tea Time went through. She emerges and angrily shouts "Blue Skies! I don't how you got in here! I don't know how you managed to sneak a snack. BUT. I. AM. NOT. DONE. WITH. THE. COOKING!"

She levitates some sub-machine guns from somewhere.

OOC:Roll initiative!

OOC:I don't have much for the rest of you. You going to need to RP what Golden Spike, Xeca and Miracle Elixir want to do now. And I need an actual declaration of intent from Steel Heart and Cloud Brush.

Last edited by Cardbo on Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:05 am

"So, I think we should get this cart moving again," Golden Spike says as he surveys the stained and pock-marked floor of the caravan, "I think we cleaned up all we can, well, unless we can locate some high-grade cleanser. But that can wait, we have a job to do."
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:04 am

Cardbo wrote:Its coming from the kitchen from where Tea Time went through. She emerges and angrily shouts "Blue Skies! I don't how you got in here! I don't know how you managed to sneak a snack. BUT. I. AM. NOT. DONE. WITH. THE. COOKING!"

She levitates some sub-machine guns from somewhere.

OOC:Roll initiative!
Khaarazite froze in place. He was so preoccupied with trying to find something to do, he forgot that Tea Time's attitude changes as often as the seasons, if those seasons went really quick. Instead of diving into action, he could only ask himself "Where does she even get sub-machine guns from anyway?"

(Initiative Roll: 1)
(Abilities: Draw Blood, Gather Energy, Syphon Life, Charm, Where it Hurts)
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 18  Next