Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A World, A Part (Recruitment, Info, and OOC)

+5
Doc pseudopolis
kajisora
elfowlgirl
Xel Unknown
Ramsus
9 posters

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

A World, A Part (Recruitment, Info, and OOC) - Page 2 Empty Re: A World, A Part (Recruitment, Info, and OOC)

Post  Xel Unknown Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:40 pm

Mmmm... I like that one better. Jingle Bell's world have a pony side to it?
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

A World, A Part (Recruitment, Info, and OOC) - Page 2 Empty Re: A World, A Part (Recruitment, Info, and OOC)

Post  Ramsus Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:31 pm

Whoops, forgot to mention that while I don't know if it'll end up official or not I'm running Ponykinesis/Telekinesis as a 1 point racial trait. Edited that into the first post.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Appkes Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:51 pm

I totally love this campaign idea. Sign me upsies.

Hmmm.... Custom Race.....

How loudly can you shout WortWortWort
?
Appkes
Appkes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  elfowlgirl Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:56 pm

Xel Unknown wrote:Mmmm... I like that one better. Jingle Bell's world have a pony side to it?

I thought of her coming from our world, but I suppose she could...

...Yeah, G1's probably the best bet.
elfowlgirl
elfowlgirl
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

http://elfowlgirl.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Appkes Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:15 pm

Ramsus, if self-only teleportation was an x/day, how many racial points would you price it at?
Appkes
Appkes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:20 pm

Easy, it's 2 racial points... Given the fact that's the amount for an extra utility. Razz
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Appkes Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:24 pm

Good point. Would making it 3 points cover whacking the usage to at-will?
Appkes
Appkes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:19 pm

Hmmm, sure 3 points for Teleportation at-will is fine. You keep the prep-time though and you can still only use it on allies 5/Day.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  elfowlgirl Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:44 pm

If any of you guys are interested, Jingle now has a picture!
elfowlgirl
elfowlgirl
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:30 pm

Kajisora, what does VNS-S-G4504-3 look like? Like how big is it and stuff?
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:33 pm

elfowlgirl wrote:If any of you guys are interested, Jingle now has a picture!
Jingle looks SO CUTE!!! *HUGS*
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Appkes Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:05 am

Good. That tp-at-will is pretty important to my character design.

Ever read the Chronicles of Pern?
Appkes
Appkes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:14 am

I've not, but I can't wait to see what you're coming up with! XD
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:29 am

I read one of the books once. It's on my list of series I wish I'd had to read.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Appkes Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:29 am

Racials for character:

Fireborn (1)
Characters of your race are immune to any heat below the level of an adult dragon's breath, including natural fire and lava. Characters of your race can also create puffs of flame at will. These puffs of flame are identical to a torch in many respects and are capable of burning objects and lighting fires outside of combat just as a torch might. Puffs of flame are ordinary fire, they extinguish quickly without tinder.

It’s Almost Like Flying (1)
You belong to a flying race but you’re not a peregrine falcon or anything. In fact… You kind of suck at it. You can fly with terrible maneuverability (you suffer a -15 penalty to precision and brawn skills while flying).

Between: At-will (3)
preparation time: 30 seconds
Characters of your race have the ability to duck between the planes of reality, effectively teleporting the user to a location they can either see or are familiar with. They may carry up to thirty pounds of nonliving material with them.

Adaptable (3) - Magic
For the rest of the day, replace this trait with another racial trait worth three or less points.

Appkes
Appkes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:31 am

Looks cool. I can't wait to see the rest that goes with that character.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:35 am

You should add the 5/Day teleporting an ally to that because I don't want you to end up having a somehow lower functionality version of Teleport for 3 points.

Adaptable is kinda.... meh? I think you might be shooting yourself in the foot there. It costs a MP, it specifically grants only one trait, and this means you don't have an Expert Skill (and if you don't take Derp it means you've got two inborn things you have that can take up your single MP).
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:16 am

I edited Dynimo's Racials... Removed "more then meets the eye" because I know that while it's a great skill to have, I'm not going to be able to use it as great as it should be used, so I traded in for the following three that I think will be more useful for me:

Self Trained (We’re Just Good At This Stuff) (1)
Choose a skill. Characters of your race gain training in that skill.

Hi-Tech Optics (Sharp Eyes) (1)
Characters of your race gain a +3 bonus to perceptions checks to notice physical details. For example, noticing a tiny crack in the wall would gain benefit from this, but things that require mental insight - figuring out if someone is lying, for instance - would not.

Ponykinesis (1)
You gain the Ponykinesis utility talent.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  kajisora Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:19 am

Ohh Pern.
I love Pern.
why didn't I think of that?

As for the size of the VNS:
The total size of the swarm is about 2x the total volume of a human, with about the same weight per volume.
About 1.5x earth pony mass (Yes, I think "Little Ponies" weigh more than humans. They're still equines Razz. )
The weight doesn't change, but it "flies" by dispersing the swarm, basically turning to dust and floating on the breeze. very little control.
I would assume it can change it's size the same way, but it would weaken the total structure.

EDIT:
By the Pink One. Jingle...
so..much..d'aww.
kajisora
kajisora
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  elfowlgirl Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:45 pm

Glad to see you guys are liking my little reindeer Very Happy

There's still a request open on my thread if someone wants to snag it Razz
elfowlgirl
elfowlgirl
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Appkes Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:57 pm

Reworked racials. Comments please.

Fireborn (1)
Characters of your race are immune to any heat below the level of an adult dragon's breath, including natural fire and lava. Characters of your race can also create puffs of flame at will. These puffs of flame are identical to a torch in many respects and are capable of burning objects and lighting fires outside of combat just as a torch might. Puffs of flame are ordinary fire, they extinguish quickly without tinder.

Sharp Eyes (1)
Characters of your race gain a +3 bonus to perceptions checks to notice physical details. For example, noticing a tiny crack in the wall would gain benefit from this, but things that require mental insight - figuring out if someone is lying, for instance - would not.

Between: At-will (3)
preparation time: 30 seconds
Characters of your race have the ability to duck between the planes of reality, effectively teleporting the user to a location they can either see or are familiar with. They may carry up to thirty pounds of nonliving material with them. Five times per day, they may bring up to five sentient beings with them, but may only teleport to a location within sight.

Flight (3)
Characters of your race can fly with poor maneuverability (you take -10 penalty to precision and brawn skills while flying). It takes practice to fly with grace and options for that appear in the utility talents.

Also reindeer = D'AWWWWWW
Appkes
Appkes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:19 pm

Well I think you'd be better off taking It’s Almost Like Flying and an Expert Skill/Cutie Mark than Flight.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Appkes Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:24 pm

If you say so Ramsus. I just wanted to free up a utility slot.
Appkes
Appkes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:44 pm

Well you'll be getting a Utility every level and this is your only chance to get an Expert Skill.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  kajisora Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:51 pm

Ramsus wrote:Well you'll be getting a Utility every level and this is your only chance to get an Expert Skill.

I was wondering about that.
Seeing as there are 20 levels total in this setup, and we get a utility Every.Single.One. Not to mention getting a double Destiny.
Won't these characters get... well...
majorly overpowered very soon?

That must be some epic-scale opposition we're gonna have
kajisora
kajisora
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next