Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The story of how I'll never use a rabbit again as an NPC

+4
Xel Unknown
Paper Shadow
SilentBelle
Zancross
8 posters

Go down

The story of how I'll never use a rabbit again as an NPC Empty The story of how I'll never use a rabbit again as an NPC

Post  Zancross Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:12 am

Howdy, I'm new around these parts. I've been playing PN for about a month or so now, on a weekly basis with six friends of mine, and I became more interested in the game as time went on. We had our couple of amusing stories, and I wanted to share one of them with you guys (at least it seems like this is the right topic section for this. My apologies if it's not).

I began playing PN as a player character of a gryphon, but I wanted to try my hand (paw/hoof/etc) at being a GM too. The GM also wanted to try being a player character for once, so we agreed to exchange places (which ended up being almost permanently, it seems). He created the character and I was in charge of creating something that would amuse them. Since I never GMed before, I decided that the most obvious thing would be to make a dungeon, since it was a finite space, and better to control their movement. Well, at bit, anyway. What I ended up doing was a gigantic tower that they would have to venture into, in order to save a kid that went there in the first place to ask for a wish from a wizard that lived in said tower.

Now, I didn't want to make the tower boring. Me and my friends had been playing for a while and so far, we didn't really had much to edge us on, or something that would tell us that s**t just got serious, you know, that kind of stuff. So I decided to make things a bit more dangerous, putting zombies there, a mad salesman, a corridor filled with oil (which goes great with a player character that was a pyromaniac) and in one room, a lake full of acid. They didn't had to go into that room, it was just there in case they would enter that specific place.

The lake itself looked very pretty, and even had plenty trees and bushes there, looking like a mini oasis, which is very weird, since... you know, this was a tower. I put some wild life there, like birds and rabbits, just to give it a more natural touch. And no, before you think about it, I wasn't planning on burning them alive. I mean, who would think about going into a lake like that without- oh yeah, one of the guys wanted to jump in... didn't help when a second one wanted to join him. I was already starting to get nervous, since jumping inside the lake was certain death, so I decided to make a little rabbit scotch close to them and sniff the water. Now, here's what was supposed to happen: the rabbit approached the water, sniffed it, made a weird face and skipped away. That would be more than enough for them to know that the water was not very safe to mess with. But it seemed like the previous GM had other plans. He was suspicious of the water, so he grabbed the rabbit by the scruff and dunked him in the lake of ACID.

Yup. He dunked a rabbit... in a lake of acid. I didn't even have time to react, since he just shout it out that fast. Needless to say, they had a pile of decaying bunny at their hooves once he pulled the creature out. Which was not very pleasant. Thankfully, most of the people agreed to NOT take the bunny remains and stash it in their inventory...

Also, the pyromaniac got a rabbit as a pet now. I fear for the little one.
Zancross
Zancross
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

The story of how I'll never use a rabbit again as an NPC Empty Re: The story of how I'll never use a rabbit again as an NPC

Post  SilentBelle Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:54 pm

Heh, nice! I always enjoy coming across little stories like this Smile I hope you're having a fun time taking up the mantle as GM.
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/SilentBelle

Back to top Go down

The story of how I'll never use a rabbit again as an NPC Empty Re: The story of how I'll never use a rabbit again as an NPC

Post  Paper Shadow Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:35 pm

To be fair, they could have assumed that the rabbit was a demon in disguise or something...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:39 pm

Yeah, Rabbits are well known for being killers.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sergmaster00 Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:55 pm

My character was just displaying his naturally scientific nature. Not sure about something? Test it. It had to be done. For Science!

Well, to be fair, the rest of the party keeps reminding me of that particular incident, even though I am playing a different character now.

It has been months but they still talk about it every 2 or 3 sessions.
Sergmaster00
Sergmaster00
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Azureink Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:09 am

Clearly these were not your standard adventurers. The first rule of adventuring is: Take everything that isn't bolted down. If it is bolted down, remove the bolts and keep them, then take what used to be bolted down.
Azureink
Azureink
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Appkes Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:03 pm

Only MOST of them agreed not to carry half a dissolved rabbit around with them?
Appkes
Appkes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:07 pm

Appkes wrote:Only MOST of them agreed not to carry half a dissolved rabbit around with them?
Well, obviously the guy who did the dunking wanted to keep his trophy...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Legendary Star King Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:55 am

Silky rabbit, tricks are for...uh, not acid-covered bunnies.

Legendary Star King
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down