Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Khan of the Steppes

+5
Quietkal
Ramsus
Caden2112
Grey Pen The Flawed
Curunir
9 posters

Page 13 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down

Khan of the Steppes - Page 13 Empty Re: Khan of the Steppes

Post  Curunir Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:12 pm

"I'm really sorry, I would love to accept your request and respect your extension of protection to these foreigners, but we have no choice."

It looks like a number of the bandits really would rather not fight you, but also seem determined to get at the merchant's valuables. They have fanned out, beginning an attempt to encircle the encampment or force a retreat. A couple of arrows are loosed ineffectually, and the still-charging ram has almost reached the camp. You can't tell if they are from a clan or not- it is entirely possible they are clanless bandits, which have increased in number since the Redhoofs began taking the lands of other clans, although were not unheard of before either.

(Roll initiative and prepare for combat, unless there are any more attempts to escape or avoid conflict)
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

http://turtlgandalf.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:43 pm

"This is your final warning then," The Spirit calls out, "If you even attempt to fight us, your demise will be quick, and your names forgotten. Do not test my mercy, for this will be the last of it." As he does this, he summons a spectral flag, a common sign of a commander ready to lead his troops into battle...

(Persuasion Roll: 17 (Roll) + 23 (Skill) = 40)
(Eerie Focus: -3 to Perception for 20 minutes)
(Ramsus has stated that he is willing to use Generosity to boost this to 55 if 40 is not enough...)

(If that still isn't enough, Initiative Roll: 12)
(Taking Demoralize, Summon Spirit of Water, Recruit Deceased Spirit, Summon Spirit of Earth, and Summon Spirit of War)
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:59 pm

The donkey looks at you for a moment, and seems to have finally realized that he is facing a true materialized spirit, and not a trick. "I...see. I apologize for not recognizing you, great Spirit. We will not face you or your companions in battle today." And turns around to leave. The rest of the bandits seem to lose their determination upon being met with equal and greater numbers and courage, having expected an easy fight against unarmed merchants, and retreat as well. The ram has some more difficulty changing course, but veers away as he slows down, eventually returning to the others. The whole group slows down as they slink away dispirited.

(The Generosity won't be necessary, the roll was good enough, in combination with earlier attempts and the situation)

"Well, we cannot thank you enough for getting us out of that situation!" Zheng exclaims, fully rested from his uninterrupted night's sleep. Ibn nods drowsily in agreement. "I hope that thanks alone will be enough to sate you for now, although I promise we will reward you for your services when we part ways!"
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

http://turtlgandalf.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:46 am

The Spirit dismisses his flag, and gives a respectful nod to the retreating bandits. Secretly, he hoped that they would press the assault, but he was under orders to protect the group, so that would have to be his main priority...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:14 am

Anemone, quite impressed with the Spirit's projection of raw power, declares, "I must say, I hope I never have to face you in battle great Spirit. I am glad you helped us prevent the shedding of blood that wasn't Red Hoofs'."
Ramsus
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:06 pm

"You are welcome, young gazelle," the Spirit replies to the compliment. "I will admit that I would feel more like myself had battle occurred. Peace is a ideology which I usually do not follow when it comes between two conflicting groups."
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:19 pm

Silver looked around for a moment, sighing with relief...She could hold her own in a fight, no mistake, but she was a scout (and a thief,) not a warrior at heart. Getting out of this without violence was a good thing, she decided..."Well, glad that's over...Wasn't looking forward to starting the day with a brawl..." She glanced at the camels, chuckling softly before regarding the...spirit? "...I'm sure there will be more chances to fight in the future...Something tells me we're going to have plenty of enemies sooner or later..."
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:26 pm

Anyone with a sharp eye would be able to notice a dot on the horizon, growing bigger all the time. If one would hazard a guess, it was highly plausible that the direction it was coming from was Udus' territory.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Azureink Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:50 am

"You have shared with us your hospitality, that is all that can be asked for." Sleipnir stated to Ibn and Zheng on the subject of the avoided battle. He turned to the spirit after. Apparently no one else seemed to question its existence. "What are you? Who summoned you?"
Azureink
Azureink
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:51 am

Anemone, spotted something in the distance but, was content to keep an eye on it until she could tell what precisely it was.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:33 am

Caden2112 wrote:Silver looked around for a moment, sighing with relief...She could hold her own in a fight, no mistake, but she was a scout (and a thief,) not a warrior at heart. Getting out of this without violence was a good thing, she decided..."Well, glad that's over...Wasn't looking forward to starting the day with a brawl..." She glanced at the camels, chuckling softly before regarding the...spirit? "...I'm sure there will be more chances to fight in the future...Something tells me we're going to have plenty of enemies sooner or later..."
"I would not be surprised if that was the case."

Azureink wrote:"You have shared with us your hospitality, that is all that can be asked for." Sleipnir stated to Ibn and Zheng on the subject of the avoided battle. He turned to the spirit after. Apparently no one else seemed to question its existence. "What are you? Who summoned you?"
"I am a Spirit, young pony of earth. A Spirit of Conquest to be specific. I was summoned by your shaman to protect you. You may have observed the shaman's summoning circle around your encampment."
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:49 am

As the dot grew closer, it began to take shape and form, making it easier to guess at what exactly it was. In a few more minutes, anyone would be able to tell it was a pegasus.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Waschbaer Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:53 am

Book Smart, still wearing his unicorn guise, walked up to the the spirit, his eyes wide. Then the floodgates opened. "You're a Spirit of Conquest? And Cau'rha summoned you? That's amazing! Where are you from? How long have you been around? How long do spirits live? Do you have any stories of ancient battles? Oh! I need to make breakfast! Wait, can spirits even eat?"

Running out of breath, the changeling stopped to take stock of the spirit for the first time.

Waschbaer
Background Pony
Background Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:33 pm

Anemone shook her head at Book Smart's words and pointed out the incoming pegasus.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Azureink Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:24 pm

Sleipnir nodded at the spirit's words just as he noticed the large engraved circle all over the campgrounds. Then the pegasus was pointed out to him by Anemone. He shaded his eyes with his hoof and watched the approach. Another potential bandit?
Azureink
Azureink
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Waschbaer Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:49 am

Finally noticing the approaching pegasus, Book Smart broke off his attempts to learn the spirit's story. He found himself wondering if this new arrival was going to be a friend or foe. As relieved as he was to have avoided the earlier conflict, there was a part of him that felt just a little bit... disappointed.

At that moment, he realized once again that he didn't have any food ready. This was serious. "Oh no," he muttered quietly to himself in growing panic, "I don't know if I can make enough for everyone. I need to get started!" Glancing around at his companions, he decided it'd be best excuse himself and find somewhere out of sight. After all, this wasn't something they'd likely want to see.

Clearing his throat, he said, "Um. I need to go make some breakfast. I'll be back in a few minutes."

Waschbaer
Background Pony
Background Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:57 am

The pegasus continued to fly closer, more details where able to be made out. First was the colour of his coat, a dark blue. After a few more moments, his mane and tail looked to be yellow in colour, he wasn't yet close enough to fully identify through.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:51 pm

Waschbaer wrote:Book Smart, still wearing his unicorn guise, walked up to the the spirit, his eyes wide. Then the floodgates opened. "You're a Spirit of Conquest? And Cau'rha summoned you? That's amazing! Where are you from? How long have you been around? How long do spirits live? Do you have any stories of ancient battles? Oh! I need to make breakfast! Wait, can spirits even eat?"

Running out of breath, the changeling stopped to take stock of the spirit for the first time.
The Spirit considers what is going to say, but before he starts, the pony begins to prepare breakfast. The Spirit decides to wait until the pony was finish before answering his questions...

Fury of the Tempest wrote:The pegasus continued to fly closer, more details where able to be made out. First was the colour of his coat, a dark blue. After a few more moments, his mane and tail looked to be yellow in colour, he wasn't yet close enough to fully identify through.
The Spirit repeats what he said to the bandits to this new pegasus. "Halt! State your purpose. If you fail to do so, we will treat you as hostile."

(Telepathy is fun!)
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:17 pm

The pegasus jerked as the thoughts slid into his head, stopping in his flight as he looked around, trying to see who had spoken. "... The hell?" He muttered, unable to see anyone around.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:50 pm

The Spirit waits a bit before repeating. "State your purpose, or leave this place."
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:50 pm

"One, who is speaking and two, why should I?" The pegasus challenged in reply, still looking round.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:04 pm

"I have been summoned to protect this group," answers the spirit, "You currently intrude this area. You have not stated your allegiance, so I will assume the worst unless you comply. State your purpose or leave, young pony of air, or I shall trample your bones to dust."
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:04 am

"This group? Oh, you mean the group I'm flying towards. Well, I'm a member of Udah Khan's tribe, and I was flying to warn a group about bandit attacks in this area, through it looks like I'm a little late."
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:40 am

The Spirit turns to the rest of the group and relays the information. "The pony states that he is a member of the clan of Udus Khan, here to warn us about bandits. Do we trust him?"
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Azureink Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:23 am

"How do we know that this pegasus is from Clan Udus?" Sleipnir asked. "Can he provide some sort of proof?"
Azureink
Azureink
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next