Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Khan of the Steppes

+5
Quietkal
Ramsus
Caden2112
Grey Pen The Flawed
Curunir
9 posters

Page 12 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down

Khan of the Steppes - Page 12 Empty Re: Khan of the Steppes

Post  Paper Shadow Tue May 21, 2013 8:01 pm

Ramsus wrote:That's a good point, I hadn't considered that.
(I went ahead and change it back since someone already had FK in Tactics, and because I wanna chat with spirits too...)

The Spirit turns to look at the creature that called out to it. The Spirit spoke back, his words entering the mind, but not the ears. "Were you the one who summoned me?" The Spirit asks...

(Telepathy to speak, because why not?)
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue May 21, 2013 9:02 pm

Anemone shook her head and without lowering her bow, said, "No. Our shaman just made a circle. And that is all I have to say until you answer my questions."
Ramsus
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Wed May 22, 2013 5:47 am

"I am a Spirit. I have been summoned to protect you. That is what this circle is for," the Spirit replies. He then looks at the armour he dons. "If you are wondering about the armour I wear, let us just say that the shaman before yours cared very little about spirits."
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed May 22, 2013 6:17 am

Sensing that the Spirits words were true, she bowed down before it and said humbly, "Forgive me spirit. I have only little training in the ways and did not recognize you bound as you are. I am sure we all welcome your protection and find what the Red Hoof clan have done to you most vile."
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Wed May 22, 2013 6:48 am

The Spirit bows slightly with his head. "All is forgiven, young gazelle. You have full right to be suspicious in territory this dangerous. Now, forgive me for prying into things that do not concern me, but I must ask, why do you and your shaman travel through this area of which the bloodthirsty calls home?"
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Wed May 22, 2013 6:57 am

Anemone looks to Zane and Silver, figuring they would do a better job of explaining the current situation. She'd have looked to the shaman as well but, did not wish to disturb his slumber.

Or in other words, I'm about to head off to sleep and am way too tired to make a real post. =P
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Wed May 22, 2013 10:02 pm

The spirit also looks at the various creatures that were around as he waited for either an explanation or for somepony to tell him that he doesn't need one. Judging by how much variation there was, and how little armour they wore, he doubted that this was a campaign for retribution, but what could a group who plan on forging peace hope of achieving among monsters of war?
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Thu May 23, 2013 5:31 pm

Ibn fainted right off the bat upon seeing the spirit materialize.

Spoiler:

Zane replied to the spirit's query upon Anenome's prompting. (Cau'rha went back to sleep, it would seem, before Grey Pen left)

"We are on a mission from Udus Khan
Who dream is to see divisions between the tribes be gone.

Now we travel to the lands from which I hail,
The lakeside home of the tribe Mist Tail."

Meanwhile, without further prompting or confirmation, Red has begun to take into the air hacking and cackling carrying the ball of contained briarsprites, facing away from the spirit and apparently not noticing it.
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

http://turtlgandalf.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Thu May 23, 2013 8:29 pm

The spirit nods, and turns away from the group and returns to watching for trouble. He didn't necessarily see eye to eye with the philosophies of the group; he was a spirit of conquest after all, not one of peace, but he had no problem with that. This was the closest he has been to feeling like a true spirit for some time, even if he feels so distant at the same time, and he plans on doing his duty...

(Perception Check: 6 (roll) + 15 (skill) = 21 (Keep in mind Magical Attunement as well))
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Sun May 26, 2013 5:02 pm

The night was silent, as far as the mortals were concerned. The conquest spirit could sense his fellow spirits gathered around the circle, enjoying watching the circle and its inhabitants, and helping them in small unnoticeable ways. Still, while the others were watching, it is good that you are watching too- your connection to the material world, as well as your area of specialty, means you are certain you are keeping better watch than the other spirits.

However, among the spirits, you feel an unfamiliar presence- it feels very weak, but at the same time you can't seem to pinpoint its source. In fact, it seems to permeate the entire circle, and perhaps beyond.

Spoiler:

As the horizon begins getting light in preparation for the rising of the sun, you can see a small bit of dust rising from a small group running quickly towards you from the east.
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sun May 26, 2013 5:31 pm

Anemone looks more closely to see if she can tell any details.

Perception: 19 + 19 = 38
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Tue May 28, 2013 4:07 am

Anenome can actually see them quite clearly, and they are getting closer. There's about 3 ponies, a donkey, two buffalo, and a ram. They seem fairly well armed (you can see a number of bows, spears, slings, and scimitars), but are quite ragged looking, carrying little or nothing else. The hodgepodge group seems to be heading straight towards you and the merchants' camp, weapons at the ready.

Red hasn't returned from his flight to drop off the briarsprites yet- It would seem unlikely that this is a retaliatory Redhoof attack. In fact, it doesn't look like the approaching mob are Redhoof warriors at all.

Spoiler:
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue May 28, 2013 4:54 am

Anemone quickly whispers as if to the wind itself and fires one of her messenger arrows to land in front of the front member of the incoming group. It reads "Halt and send one you designate as speaker for your group." then she turns to the others and says, "We have armed people approaching. It looks to me to be three ponies, a donkey, two buffalo, and a ram. If they continue towards us instead of sending one as messenger as I've requested, get prepared for a fight."

Spoiler:
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Tue May 28, 2013 7:35 am

"What is the status of this group's fighting ability?"
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Tue May 28, 2013 2:06 pm

The arrow lands at the feet of the ram, which had made its way to the front as the group runs towards you, leaping to the side, apparently startled at your good aim, but does not stop.

Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Tue May 28, 2013 2:12 pm

Anemone waits to see if anyone actually picks it up. (The rolled up note on it should be pretty obvious.)
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Tue May 28, 2013 2:37 pm

The Spirit watches on. "Do you wish for me to give them a final warning?"
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Tue May 28, 2013 3:11 pm

The whole group passes by the note without seeming to read it, although some of them glance at it, possibly reading it quickly or considering reading it, but don't want to fall behind. You're not even sure if all of them are literate- one of the buffalo even makes a circle sign while passing the note, apparently thinking it and its letters were some sort of evil sorcery.
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Azureink Thu May 30, 2013 2:06 am

Sleipnir comes out of the yurt and wipes the sleep from his eyes... before seeing the oncoming horde. "To arms!" he shouts out. "The Red Hoof attacks!"
Azureink
Azureink
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu May 30, 2013 2:46 am

"It's not the Red Hoofs." Anemone says sharply to Sleipnir, loud enough for everyone to hear. Then she nods to the Spirit and says, "Yes."
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Thu May 30, 2013 8:27 am

The Spirit steps up and speaks telepathically to the storming invaders. "Halt! State your purpose. If you fail to do so, we will treat you as hostile."

(Using Telepathy, if it wasn't obvious...)
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Waschbaer Thu May 30, 2013 2:14 pm

Startled awake by Sliepnir's shouting, Book Smart stumbled to his feet, blearily wiping his eyes with a hoof. After doing so, he stretched, yawning. That was the best night's sleep I've had in ages, he though to himself. Why, I feel like I've slept for a month! I really should tell everyone sorry, though, for last night. I wonder what's--

Book Smart's thoughts ground to a halt as Sleipnir and Anemone's words registered and he saw the rapidly approaching group. Standing still in shock, he said the first thing to come to mind. "Oh no! I forgot to make breakfast!"

Waschbaer
Background Pony
Background Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 Thu May 30, 2013 2:27 pm

Silver yawned a bit, getting up and stretching as the shouting had finally awoken her, shaking her head as she got her bearings..."Huh, what's everyone so loud abou-Oh." Silver readied her staff as she saw the newcomers, preparing herself just in case...She noticed a new person, where had they come from...? Probably best not to ask just yet...
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:26 am

The ram continues running forward- whether it's because he's ignoring the warning or because he's built up too much momentum is hard to tell.

The others slow and halt within shouting distance away after your mental warning, and the donkey issues an ultimatum of his own after looking over your group, yelling instead of replying telepathically, as the ponies ready their bows and the buffalo paw at the ground.

"We have nothing against you, spirit, nor our fellow steppe-dwellers. We seek only the foreign merchants' valuables. If you resist, we will have to claim what meagre wealth you possess as well."
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Azureink Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:06 pm

"We have partaken in hospitality with these merchants from afar." Sleipnir yelled back. "As such we are bound to their protection until we part ways. I would ask you to leave them be and let them return to their land unharmed with their possessions." He glanced over to the spirit nearby that seemed to be on his side. "They are also powerful shamans. It would be unwise to provoke them to anger."

Perception and Persuasion:
Azureink
Azureink
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next