Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grand Line Adventures IC

+4
Lyntermas
Z2
Grey Pen The Flawed
tygerburningbright
8 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

Grand Line Adventures IC  - Page 20 Empty Re: Grand Line Adventures IC

Post  Zarhon Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:29 am

"Aye, Brownie seems like da' best choice for now, pon. Still, I can't help but tink' dere' be someting' VERY bad about im'... A pon' wit' powers like dat' can 'ave quite an agenda, an' he don't seem too down' about da' notion of killin' us on a whim, eitha..."
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:37 am

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:
Whilst taking deep breaths. And of course trying to think of any low casualty high publicity targets.

Spoiler:
You manage to recall that there is a tomb of a legendary marine admiral somewhere on this island. You can't remember the name of the marine but you do recall that his title was The Alchemist.

OOC Not telling if this is a crit fail or a nat 20 in a way it is both.

Lyntermas wrote:
History:
edit:
Mechanics:

You know that targeting a bank might raise your bounty and raiding the record office should either raise your bounty or give you some information.
You manage to put the schematics back together better than new. While putting it back together you spot a potential problem in the fail safe system and you manage to fix it.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:52 am

"The Alchemist," Sixty-Two says suddenly. "Famous marine who has his tomb on this island. Probably guarded more symbolically than anything; haven't checked in a while. Even if the guard is heavy, I'm sure you can handle it. And little chance of hurting a dead pony, no?
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:32 pm

tygerburningbright wrote: You manage to put the schematics back together better than new. While putting it back together you spot a potential problem in the fail safe system and you manage to fix it.
"...Well, it seems even "crazy-me" isn't infallible. It's a good thing I was...required to look at these more closely." Torque made the necessary adjustments to the plans so the engine wouldn't blow up in his face.

Zarhon wrote: "Aye, Brownie seems like da' best choice for now, pon. Still, I can't help but tink' dere' be someting' VERY bad about im'... A pon' wit' powers like dat' can 'ave quite an agenda, an' he don't seem too down' about da' notion of killin' us on a whim, eitha..."
"I'm not sure that he's necessarily BAD, per se. He's just a very powerful member of an organization that constantly faces threats from the World Government. He tries to minimize casualties (as seen by his "time-reversal" field at the university), but if he sees a threat, his main focus is to deal with it quickly and completely."

"So, I think it's best we start heading back to the university. As for a bounty-raising exit, I think the two main targets would be either the bank or the local record office."
Torque thought about the bank for a moment. His father once said that when banks are robbed, it is rarely bankers who go hungry. He tried to figure out if robbing the bank was more likely to harm the World Government, or the bank's clients.

History:

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:"The Alchemist," Sixty-Two says suddenly. "Famous marine who has his tomb on this island. Probably guarded more symbolically than anything; haven't checked in a while. Even if the guard is heavy, I'm sure you can handle it. And little chance of hurting a dead pony, no?
"...Uh, good "out-of-the-box" thinking there, 62. But, uh, some of us don't look very fondly of desecrating grave sites. Might be good for a visit, though." He looked nervously over at Shallow.
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:23 pm

Lyntermas wrote:

"So, I think it's best we start heading back to the university. As for a bounty-raising exit, I think the two main targets would be either the bank or the local record office."[/color][/font] Torque thought about the bank for a moment. His father once said that when banks are robbed, it is rarely bankers who go hungry. He tried to figure out if robbing the bank was more likely to harm the World Government, or the bank's clients.

History:
There is no FDIC equavalent.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:59 pm

"Hmm. We might have to rethink robbing the bank. Granted, while it would both be bounty-raising AND profitable, it might also mean that the bank will try to collect some of its loans early, which may cause some ponies unable to support their businesses or stay in their homes. Or worse, the bank is forced to shut down, thereby destroying the savings and fortunes of the ponies who use it. The only way I would be willing to do it would be to try and force the tellers to essentially "withdraw and close" only the accounts of Marines..." He glanced over at 62. "Er, high-ranking or excessively mean Marines. Or if they've allocated something specifically for their weapons budget. Gah, being a moral criminal is so aggravating!"

OOC: "We're here for the bank's money, not yours" doesn't exactly work without FDIC.
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:33 pm

"Aye. Bein' moral an' outlaw tend ta' be mutually exclusive."

"...Uh, good "out-of-the-box" thinking there, 62. But, uh, some of us don't look very fondly of desecrating grave sites. Might be good for a visit, though." He looked nervously over at Shallow.

"Disrespect da' dead, an' yah' disrespect me.", Shallow said with a serious tone. "A visit mite' be okay, though, as I be a bit curious of dis' Marine's past... Does anypon know dis' "Alchemist" in detail? What deeds be dis' Marine so famed for?"

History:
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:20 pm

Zarhon wrote:
History:
You manage to recall that The Alchemist RenKin was one of the three fathers of the modern Marines. It is said that he joined the Marines after he single hoofedly defended a kingdom from a pirate armada.
If you are correct around three hundred when he died the usual type of tomb for a pony of his stature would be a mound in the shape of a keyhole.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:35 pm

"And hoof in mouth twice in one conversation," Sixty-Two thought morosely to himself.

Spoiler:
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:09 pm

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:"And hoof in mouth twice in one conversation," Sixty-Two thought morosely to himself.

Spoiler:

You manage to recall that The Alchemist RenKin was one of the three fathers of the modern Marines. It is said that he joined the Marines after he single hoofedly defended a kingdom from a pirate armada. He had an unknown devil fruit power that allowed him to manipulate anything.
If you are certain that he would have been buried in a heyhole shaped mound.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:11 pm

(OOC: Year 300, or 300 years ago? What date would it be now? Also, does Shallow remember details as to why a keyhole, of all thing?)

Shallow thinks a bit about the Alchemist. It sounded like a name his mother would tell him about, considering... Pussbeard, no... The Hex-Lord of Kass, no... The Seductress of-eugh, why'd he have remember that one again... Ah, it must have been "RenKin"!

"Hmm... I tink' I actually recall someting' about dis' Alchemist, dat' me mum told me as wen' I was still a little rascal... Was a pon wit' "RenKin", as 'is name, an he beat up a small army a' pirates alone, before joinin' da Marines, quite a time a ago. And if mah' history on burial practices be correct, da' tradition of dat' time, 300 years ago, I tink', was ta' dig a burial mound in da' shape of a keyhole. Should be obvious ta' find."
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:50 pm

"Well, if we're going to be burying Shinestone in a graveyard anyway, it might be a nice place to visit. Well, I'm going to the university to see if Browncoat can help us contain our female felon. You guys can join me, or you can get started with preparations for the funeral."

Torque started to head back to the university, where he started to look for Professor Browncoat (and make sure that Stone Duster hadn't escaped while they were gone).

Perception:

Last edited by Lyntermas on Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:00 pm

Lyntermas wrote:"Well, if we're going to be burying Shinestone in a graveyard anyway, it might be a nice place to visit."

Torque and the others started to head back to the university, where they started to look for Professor Browncoat (and make sure that Stone Duster hadn't escaped while they were gone).

Perception:
Stone Duster is still where she was buried and appears to have fallen asleep. After some searching you manage to find Professor Browncoat on the central building's roof.

OOC please do not dictate what the others do.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:54 pm

Shallow follows along after Torque.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:54 am

"Ah, there you are." Torque approached the professor as he looked down on the campus from the roof. "Well, I must say, it's a nice view up here. But, to the point: We have finished our interrogation of Stone Duster and gotten all the information we wanted (well, most of it anyway). However, we now have the question of what to do with her. Although she does have people she cares about, she is not willing to change her ways. The bonds that hold her, while effective, won't last forever, and having her arrested by the Marines won't help (either her superiors will set her free or she'll break out herself). We...considered killing her, but...she said she can withstand most attacks while conscious, and..." Torque looked down at his hooves. "...We don't wish to kill anypony in a situation that is not self-defense, even someone like her."

"So, I'm guessing what I'm asking is...would be willing to take custody of her for us and make sure that she can't hurt anypony else?"

Persuasion:

"...Out of curiosity, what are you doing up here, anyway?"
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:20 am

"You are quite particular for a pirate. I would be willing to take custody of her after a fashion the plan I have in mind you would most certainly object to so I shall not tell you. Just... enjoying the view." Browncoat then stares off into the distance.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:55 pm

"...Thank you. She is currently buried up to her neck in the ground behind some bushes near the university. You might be able to see her from here." Browncoat was probably right; Torque probably wouldn't like to hear what he had in mind for her. But beggars couldn't be choosers, and Browncoat was the most likely candidate for being able to contain her or...otherwise.

Before he left the roof, he tried to see if he could tell if Browncoat was staring at anything in particular.

Perception:
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:45 pm

You can just make out a lake in the distance there appears to be some sort of oddly shaped island in the center.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:58 pm

Shallow enjoys the view himself as well, and uses the chance to look for "keyholes".

Perception:
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:35 pm

Zarhon wrote:Shallow enjoys the view himself as well, and uses the chance to look for "keyholes".

Perception:

You can tell the that island in the lake in the distance is certainly a keyhole mound but the tomb itself may be flooded. The two pirate ships in dock appear to have been untouched except by sea gulls. The reflector pirates are looking for a place to bury Shinestone. They appear to have settled on a cliff over looking the sea.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:32 pm

Shallow confides his discovery to his companions, away from Brownie's likely curious ears.

"Well, dat' lake isle be our keyhole - but da' place seem ta' be flooded, an' dat' mite' be a bit tricky for some pons", he says, glancing at 62. "We got anyting' dat' can keep us dry, or at da' very least, not' blue an' bloated?"

Arcana/History:

(OOC: Is the tomb mound/hill/lake the type that would allow Shallow to dig "under" the water, and reach the middle island through its earthen anchoring (it can't just "float") to avoid a majority of the water?)
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:22 pm

Zarhon wrote:Shallow confides his discovery to his companions, away from Brownie's likely curious ears.

"Well, dat' lake isle be our keyhole - but da' place seem ta' be flooded, an' dat' mite' be a bit tricky for some pons", he says, glancing at 62. "We got anyting' dat' can keep us dry, or at da' very least, not' blue an' bloated?"

Arcana/History:

(OOC: Is the tomb mound/hill/lake the type that would allow Shallow to dig "under" the water, and reach the middle island through its earthen anchoring (it can't just "float") to avoid a majority of the water?)

You know of water breathing and a water repelling enchantment the former may not work for Devil fruit users due to it mainly just giving gills and the later doesn't work in larger scales. After thinking about it anything that keeps the entire body separated from the water should work.
OOC you could do that but you risk hitting the water table and or the flooded portions.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:46 am

"Well, if we're planning more of an "in and out", I could whip up something fantastic: maybe a submarine or a super-sponge. However, for something longer lasting, I'd need some materials to make some scuba suits." Torque glanced around his group. "Speaking of, show of hooves, who here can actually swim?" Torque raised his hoof, smiling.
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:53 am

Shallow raises his hoof with a grin.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:48 pm

Torque raised an eyebrow. "Pardon me, Shallow, but unless I'm QUITE mistaken, you've eaten a Devil Fruit. And Devil Fruit users cannot swim. Or perhaps all this time you've just been born with a natural talent for sinking into the ground and digging tunnels at high speeds."
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next