Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grand Line Adventures IC

+4
Lyntermas
Z2
Grey Pen The Flawed
tygerburningbright
8 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Grand Line Adventures IC  - Page 3 Empty Re: Grand Line Adventures IC

Post  Z2 Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:28 pm

The grandest ship has already left, captained by a small pink filly. Also, there is some manner of bunny monster wrecking the docks, we should avoid him.
Z2
Z2
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:30 pm

(assuming Cpt Strawberry lets us all peer into the telescope)

"Somepon' beat us to da punch? Gonna be tricky toppin' dat' first gang's carnage, if we gonna try gettin' a high bounty."

Shallow redirects the telescope towards whatever vessels remain for taking. He also takes note of how the base looks like, as far as dirt goes, and possible entry/travel points for him (both regular and underground).

Spoiler:

"Anyways, how soon are we gonna do dis'? I'll need some preparations ta' do, ta' make yah' lives easier. From da' looks of it, not much dirt, but not too much of a problem for wat' I got in mind, except fah' da part wit' me going ta' recon da' area... Mite be a bit risky, or may get seen and blow da' surprise."

Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Z2 Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:45 pm

I've actually once again become very fond of Torques aerial idea. The best ship is gone, so we can't be remembered for that. Gigantic bunnies add their own level of memorability to combat, so we won't win our fame there. And the ground looks less than friendly, so the perfect stealth mission seems impractical at this point. A grand entrance is probably our best bet at this point.
Z2
Z2
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:00 pm

Zarhon wrote:(assuming Cpt Strawberry lets us all peer into the telescope)

"Somepon' beat us to da punch? Gonna be tricky toppin' dat' first gang's carnage, if we gonna try gettin' a high bounty."

Shallow redirects the telescope towards whatever vessels remain for taking. He also takes note of how the base looks like, as far as dirt goes, and possible entry/travel points for him (both regular and underground).

Spoiler:

"Anyways, how soon are we gonna do dis'? I'll need some preparations ta' do, ta' make yah' lives easier. From da' looks of it, not much dirt, but not too much of a problem for wat' I got in mind, except fah' da part wit' me going ta' recon da' area... Mite be a bit risky, or may get seen and blow da' surprise."

Through the telescope you can see the the remaining ships are a sloop, a schooner, and a paddle steamboat. As you are looking at the steamboat the giant rabbit leads a group onto it then transforms into a gray mare. The only dirt that you can see is the hill that the main tower is built upon. You can not conceive of any underground entrances but you can see that there are large holes in the wall around the base in addition to the destroyed gate.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:07 pm

Z2 wrote:I've actually once again become very fond of Torques aerial idea. The best ship is gone, so we can't be remembered for that. Gigantic bunnies add their own level of memorability to combat, so we won't win our fame there. And the ground looks less than friendly, so the perfect stealth mission seems impractical at this point. A grand entrance is probably our best bet at this point.

Hmm... I tink' I'll pass on dat'. I don' tink' a flyin' entrance gonna be enough ta' let us escape, well, not wit'out a major fight, and a boat chase after. Besides, just flying in is hardly awe inspirin. Wat' we need, dat' would solve both problems, is someting' that will grab attention from us after our entrance, wen' we want it to, and claim credit for it. And I know just da' ting... I'm gonna go visit da base, and anotha' place. Wen' I'm done, I'll contact yah', and yah' can make yah' grand entrance. When yah' feel da time is rite, give me a signal, and I'll spring someting' that won't be forgotten anytime soon.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Z2 Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:55 am

Fair enough, let's hurry and set off as soon as we decide on a signal. I think Torque is probably in the best position to make an effective one.
Z2
Z2
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:58 am

You can tell the the ship is expertly made very much so heavily armed multiple levels of guns,heavy iron plating on the sides, four very large sails,all in addition to it's already formidable size. On the deck you can see a large number of various lowlifes crewing the ship on occasion there is a pink filly that could only be ordering the others around. Just as you are about to look away you see a Jolly Rodger being raised that appears to be made solely out of weapons.

Little kid captain, eh?... That's a bit too dangerous for my tastes at the moment, one way or another...

"You're probably right. Even if we could get out there, it wouldn't leave an impression on the Marines, and I'm not sure the four of us could even manage a ship of that size by ourselves. As for the captain...I don't know if it's scarier to think that she had a crew ready to go beforehand, or that she managed to scare some thugs she didn't even know into serving her."

...a few things catch your attention a giant rabbit hopping around swinging an equally large hammer...
...As you are looking at the steamboat the giant rabbit leads a group onto it then transforms into a gray mare.

"Most likely a Devil Fruit user. I think it's best that we let her and her friends have the steamboat, unless we want a major fight on our hands."

Zarhon wrote: Hmm... I tink' I'll pass on dat'. I don' tink' a flyin' entrance gonna be enough ta' let us escape, well, not wit'out a major fight, and a boat chase after. Besides, just flying in is hardly awe inspirin. Wat' we need, dat' would solve both problems, is someting' that will grab attention from us after our entrance, wen' we want it to, and claim credit for it. And I know just da' ting... I'm gonna go visit da base, and anotha' place. Wen' I'm done, I'll contact yah', and yah' can make yah' grand entrance. When yah' feel da time is rite, give me a signal, and I'll spring someting' that won't be forgotten anytime soon.

"Wait, before you go, I just want to clarify our plan:
Step 1: You go on ahead and prepare for (I'm guessing) the sabotage of something at the base, while I design the glider.
Step 2: You contact us, and then get into position.
Step 3: We make our grand entrance on the glider and secure one of the boats.
Step 4: I send a bright flare up into the air.
Step 5: You "trigger" the sabotage.
Step 6: You get on the boat, and we're on our way.

That sound correct? Also, would you be coming back here to tell us you're ready, or do you have another means of communication?"

Last edited by Lyntermas on Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Z2 Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:05 am

That sounds fine to me. Also, if possible, I'd prefer the schooner.
Z2
Z2
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:42 pm

Lyntermas wrote:"Wait, before you go, I just want to clarify our plan:
Step 1: You go on ahead and prepare for (I'm guessing) the sabotage of something at the base, while I design the glider.
Step 2: You contact us, and then get into position.
Step 3: We make our grand entrance on the glider and secure one of the boats.
Step 4: I send a bright flare up into the air.
Step 5: You "trigger" the sabotage.
Step 6: You get on the boat, and we're on our way.

That sound correct? Also, would you be coming back here to tell us you're ready, or do you have another means of communication?"

"Dat's about right. I'll come back to contact yah' myself, I'm pretty fast like dat'. See yah' laters!"

Shallow exits the building, sinks into the ground, and heads off to "prepare".
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:38 pm

Torque watched as Shallow sunk into the ground. "Now, I'll get to work on that glider. You guys can come in and watch if you like. I think I'm going to do something that will impress you."

"What can I do that will impress them!?!" Torque thought as he walked back into the observatory. His flying idea didn't sound nearly as impressive after Zenith pointed out that pegasi are common enough that an aerial attack wouldn't be that revolutionary. Not to mention all of the other races that could fly: changelings, griffins, dragons, hippogri-

Torque smiled. He knew just what he'd do. He got out his tools, took a deep breath and started to concentrate. Most of his work involved intricately thinking out his course of action, but this...this would require something special. He had originally tried this technique with smaller projects, but he had learned that it could do more....so much more.

Some time ago, someone had given him a book about meditation, saying "It will help you calm down" (the statement was said with some degree of concern after witnessing Torque "at work"). Torque had humored him, gave the book a read, and tried to put it into practice. It hadn't worked. Oh, it always worked at first; he eventually learned to close his mind to distractions, calm down his breathing, and for a few moments simply "be". However, for some unknown reason, whenever his thoughts finally ran quiet, it was like a train of wonder ran into his brain, trying to counter the silence with a massive explosion.

He was a flurry of activity, seeming to grab materials from thin air, hammering, sawing, tightening, testing. No blueprints were needed, no prototyping was necessary, the object's form and function came almost naturally to his hooves. And all the while, his mind was filled with endless possibilities, otherwordly inspiration, a sort of manic transcendence.

Spoiler:

When he opened his eyes, it was complete. Anyone walking in for the first time would wonder why a 20-ft long red dragon was doing lying on top of the giant telescope. The "glider" was bullet-proof, even the wings. It seated three ponies, with pedal power capacity at each, to power the two turbines placed where the "hind legs" would be, which would propel them through the sky. At the front were the controls, which controls for the wings and tail for navigation, a lever which would cause the head to "breath fire", and a horn that when blowed into made the roar of a large angry dragon.

"So...what do you think?" Torque asked, panting slightly.
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Z2 Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:11 pm

Zenith sizes up the contraption, a sly smile spreading across his face.

What do I think? I think It IS SHOWTIME! Heehee, nicely done Torque

He hops into the middle seat, and closes his eyes as his horn begins to swirl with energy. Vivid blue energy gathers and compresses the light in the area, shifting into a curve of trapped energy, pressing it against the unicorns side. Then, slowly, the light blossoms out. Sheets of color, one in compartment of the rainbow slide out from the spell; a delicate mirror to the captain's hair. The magic settles, and Zenith crisply furls and unfurls his wings. A sharp blue aura traps perfect darkness against his spine, and a rainbow of pinions stretch and flex.

Pretty sure I'll need these for this next bit. Well, what are you waiting for?
Z2
Z2
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:51 pm

Z2 wrote: Pretty sure I'll need these for this next bit. Well, what are you waiting for?

Primarily, for Shallow to get back and tell us his preparations are complete. He moves downright fast through the ground so it shouldn't take long. Then we'll have both a dramatic entrance AND a memorable exit. I'll just step outside to wait for him...and to catch my breath a bit. Oh, and whatever you do, don't even TOUCH the controls, I am dead serious about this.

As he stepped outside the observatory, he gave a sigh. He was rather impressed with his work. Normally, trying to gather the materials, draw up the plans, and put a project of that size and scope together would have taken up to a few hours. His technique, though, managed to condense the entire process into minutes. And it would work perfectly. It always worked perfectly.

But it came with a cost. Perhaps the universe opposed the materials appearing "ex nihilo" and quickly tried to fix that error. Perhaps it was an alien thought given form, only to find that it couldn't survive in this reality for long. Whatever the reason, all of his inventions made in that manner fell apart about ten minutes after he started using them. If Zenith started fiddling with the controls, it might start the "timer" early, and the last thing he wanted was for his creation to fall apart in midair.

He hoped that Shallow would show up soon.
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:13 pm

"HELLO PON!"

Not a minute after Torque sat down, Shallow burst out of the ground, without warning, in an overly abrupt fashion.

"Yah' look a bit shaken, hahah! Come on, let's see wat' juju yah' made..."

Shallow went inside and observed the machine.

"Ahah, looks like yah' be flyin' not so much wit' grace, so much as wit' vim and vigor! Even bettah! Anyways, slight change of plans... While I was, well, preparin', I may have gotten seen and stirred up da' alarm. Dey' didn't catch me, of course, but I'll be needin' ta' get in da' same way again later... It be tricky gettin' in witout' a 'natural' path, and I'd ratha' not want ta' be delayed. I'll wait near da' base for yah' ta' fly in first, so I can get to da' hill, while da' eyes are kept to da' skies, and away from mah' stripes. Once I do, I'll wait for yah' flare."
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:37 am

Zarhon wrote:"HELLO PON!"

Not a minute after Torque sat down, Shallow burst out of the ground, without warning, in an overly abrupt fashion.

"Yah' look a bit shaken, hahah!

"You would too if people started bursting forth from the ground without warning! Anyway, the glider is finished, and I decided to add a little more flavor since "simply flying" wasn't going to cut it. Anyway, how did your preparations go?"

Zarhon wrote:Come on, let's see wat' juju yah' made..."

Shallow went inside and observed the machine.

"Ahah, looks like yah' be flyin' not so much wit' grace, so much as wit' vim and vigor! Even bettah! Anyways, slight change of plans... While I was, well, preparin', I may have gotten seen and stirred up da' alarm. Dey' didn't catch me, of course, but I'll be needin' ta' get in da' same way again later... It be tricky gettin' in witout' a 'natural' path, and I'd ratha' not want ta' be delayed. I'll wait near da' base for yah' ta' fly in first, so I can get to da' hill, while da' eyes are kept to da' skies, and away from mah' stripes. Once I do, I'll wait for yah' flare."

Torque nodded. "We'll do our best to hold their attention. But if something goes wrong, I think Konorad will be able to provide an additional distraction if need be. Stay relatively safe, and good luck."

Torque then went to the side of the dragon glider and waited for Konorad to hop into the seat in the back. "Alright, boys, here's how this is going to work. You'll see that your seats have sets of pedals for both your front and hind legs. This is needed to power the turbines. No pedaling means no power, and no power means we're going to hit the ground sooner than we'd like. Now at the beginning, you'll notice that we won't be moving even though he hear the turbines going. This is because I'll be holding us in place until we've got enough acceleration (otherwise we'd amble to the top of the telescope and then fall straight down). Once we get to the base, I'm going to circle around a few times to try and hold their attention. Let me know if either of you are going to jump out, either to make a grand entrance or to help Shallow. After one or both of you jumps, I'll bring this guy in for a landing, and then we'll work from there."

Torque hopped int the cockpit. His seat only had a set of pedals for his hind legs, since he would need his front hooves to control the glider. He pulled on a lever and the front "legs" of the dragon glider clamped down on the telescope. "Start pedaling!" He started to pedal, and he could hear the turbines in the rear start to rev up. They continued for another 30 seconds or so. The turbines were getting louder, one of the dials at the control panel was rising, and Torque could hear the strain of the front legs as they tried to hold the glider back. "Release in 3....2....1!" Torque pushed one of the levers forward. The front legs of the glider released the telescope and the glider jolted forward from the sudden acceleration as it started barreling up the length of the telescope. The dragon glider finally reached the end, and they experienced a moment of freefall before Torque deployed the wings. The wings caught the air, resulting in a sudden uplift. Torque readjusted the wings and tail so that they flew steady. "Thank you for taking the Red Dragon Aerial Tour! Next stop: the Marine Base!" Torque laughed as he banked the glider toward the secondary docks. As the base came more and more into view, Torque brought the mouthpiece of the horn closer to his face. "Let's say hello to the Marines, shall we?" Torque took a deep breath and then blew into the horn.

"RAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!"

I'll wait to see how the Marines react before continuing.
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:35 am

Shallow, seeing his buddies getting ready to set off, jumped through the observatory window into the soil below and rushed towards the base. Arriving shortly before the glider, he situated himself outside the naval base, waiting for the right time to make a rush for his target within its walls. As the dragon flew close and roared above, he paid attention to the marines reactions.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:05 pm

The marines almost as a collective look up at the dragon as it roars. Some break and run others take aim and fire but to no avail and a few take flight and upon seeing that it is not a real dragon return to the ground to rally their comrades.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:27 pm

Shallow uses the distraction and chaos to make a run for it. The shooters are probably in the process of reloading, out of ammo, or distracted, the flyers will be too busy organizing themselves to go after the "dragon", while the rest will be panicking.

"Worked like a charm!"

Athletics:

Last edited by Zarhon on Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:05 pm

"Head down. Release gas," Torque muttered as he manipulated the controls. A gout of flame erupted from the dragon's mouth as they passed over the Marine Base. "Bank right until u-turn. Head up." He blew again into the horn to produce another loud shriek. Looking down, he saw some of the Marines outright panic and head for cover while others were setting up their guns. He heard a few "pings" as the bullets bounced off, and he was glad he had made sure to bulletproof the glider. Yes, this was looking excellent. Torque wondered how long he could keep this up-

Something was in his peripheral vision. Torque looked over to see a purple pegasus mare in a Marine uniform flying alongside the glider. Their eyes met. The pegasus's expression turned from surprise to annoyance as she broke off and started flying down into the courtyard. Torque glanced around seeing other pegasi doing similarly.

"Looks like the jigs almost up, guys. If you want to make your big entrances, now's the time. After that, I'm going to try bringing this thing in for a landing next to the ship."
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:28 pm

Zarhon wrote:Shallow uses the distraction and chaos to make a run for it. The shooters are probably in the process of reloading, out of ammo, or distracted, the flyers will be too busy organizing themselves to go after the "dragon", while the rest will be panicking.

"Worked like a charm!"

Athletics:

Shallow manages to dart through the confused marines quickly reaching the very heart of the marine base.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:38 am

Shallow jumps into the dirt, out of sight and out of mind. He pokes only his head out in a discreet spot, watching the commotion with the dragon, and waiting for the flare.

"Up to you now, bruddah's! Show off dat' pirate jamboree."
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Z2 Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:12 am

Zenith swallows loudly. Loud voice or not, the area is just so BIG. For all his pomp, Zenith is a unicorn of showy self, not showy abilities.

But a showy self is powerful on its own.

Knowing the danger as it comes down to crunch time, Z focuses powerfully on the schooner. A megaphone, an unstable guard, or just a really fine spot to stand and a clear path in which to fly to it: Zenith searches for any opening. That fine tightrope between failures, that is what he finds, and finding it is what he does.

Spoiler:
Z2
Z2
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:47 am

Z2 wrote:

Spoiler:

You can see that the docks have become a second rally point for the marines there are about twenty odd gathered there.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:38 pm

"Seems like there's quite a crowd at the docks. I can try landing the glider in the middle of them and have them disperse for a bit. The main question is do you want me to do that now, or do you want to make a solo entrance first?"
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Z2 Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:45 am

Zenith grins, somewhat manically.

You aren't... attached to your new toy are you? I've come up with what I suspect will be the perfect maneuver. We all set this contraption ablaze, then send it to crash into the docks with the clustered marines. They'll panic at the site of the crash and scatter, while Kono and I fly (I'll levitate you behind me) to the prow of the schooner (where hopefully the staff is distracted.) We'll quickly clear the deck, then I'll rise above the flaming wreckage and deliver my proclamation... I'm not sure what Shallow is doing, so I'll leave that signal to your discretion.

Sound good?
Z2
Z2
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:14 am

Torque looked back at Zenith with an expression universally understood to communicate "Are you insane?". Torque had learned to appreciate Zenith's drive to achieve spectacle beyond the constraints of reason, but he knew that sometimes he tried to achieve spectacle BEYOND THE CONSTRAINTS OF REASON. It would be much safer to simply land the glider first and....

Torque watched as one of the front legs broke off and fell behind them. It was already starting. Torque gave a resigned sigh. "...It wasn't long for this world anyway. Banking left, setting final trajectory. Alright, I'm going to trust you on this, Zenith. Let's see if we can pull this off. Oh, and when I send up the flare, don't look directly at it. Now, get your heads down!" Torque looked over the controls and tentatively placed a hoof on one of the levers. "...Release gas."

The main reason Torque had designed the dragon so it could move its head down was so that flame could be spit out below the glider. Releasing the gas while the head was in the upright position was like spitting into the wind. The flame that came out of the dragon's mouth flew backward and quickly engulfed the dragon's head. Torque knew that the wings and then the rest would not be far behind.

"Ashes to ashes," he muttered as he pushed the lever back. Torque was not exactly keen on such a risky maneuver, but apparently he was a pirate now: go big or go home. He really, REALLY hoped that Zenith would be able to maintain his telekinesis while flying downward. "The glider's set, now get us out of here!!"
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next