Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grand Line Adventures IC

+4
Lyntermas
Z2
Grey Pen The Flawed
tygerburningbright
8 posters

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

Grand Line Adventures IC  - Page 22 Empty Re: Grand Line Adventures IC

Post  tygerburningbright Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:19 pm

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:Sixty-Two thinks for a moment, then turns toward the grave, pulling his book from nowhere, carefully adjusting his cloak to make sure it looked like he pulled it from there. Or, at least, to attempt such. Then. with a deep breath and a quick flip through the pages, he licked his lips slightly and then thrust his hoof towards the gravestone. The wind whipped up and the earth shook as a singular word bellowed forth from the colt's mouth.

"Paxstone!"

Spoiler:

Your spell manages to creates a rather spartan gravestone from the sandstone of the cliffs. Most of the Reflector Pirates look rather confused the chain of events having noticed you pulling a book from thin air and shouting a nonsense word.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:07 pm

"Hahah! Yah' truly be a book full a' tricks. I got a few of my own, too!", he said, as he went on to decorate the rough rock into something presentable.

Magical Tricks:

Once the tombstone was complete, only the body remained. Shallow could, of course, just place the body into the dirt and bury it, but Shinestone probably deserves something a bit less, well, dirty.

"Hey bruddah, tink' yah' can make us a stone coffin, or a death shroud, so our pirate friends here need not supply dere' own?"
, he asked 62.

He also turned to Mari himself. "It be common rite ta' bury wit' da' deceased, someting dey' 'ad a strong love or harmonious bond wit': toys, mementos, trinkets, charms... Same for any final gifts or 'eirlooms any of yah' care ta' entrust ta' 'im. Shinestone can carry em' on wit' is' spirit, or at da' very least, know were' dey' be later, if he come lookin' again."

(OOC: Did Mari ignore the Shimmer question?)
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:46 pm

Xel Unknown wrote:"I don't see any robotic sharks... But I do think the Water seems to have some mercury, from what I can tell..." Boomer reactions and tries to calm down her friend.
"What do you mean you don't see them? They're swimming right..."

Perception:

"...Huh. That's...strange. Perhaps the mercury went a bit to my head. Strange that the lake is actually a bit poisoned. Were the Marines trying to keep fish from disturbing the tomb...or perhaps the source is within the tomb itself? Well, I can see the entrance now. Let's set the boat down near there and take a look inside."

Having calmed down a bit, Torque worked with Boomer to direct the boat to the bottom of the lake next to the tomb entrance. Disembarking, Torque swam cautiously through the archway, keeping a lookout for any traps that may have been set at the entrance.

Perception:

OOC: One lower on the dice and the robot sharks would have chased me in.
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:57 pm

Zarhon wrote:"Hey bruddah, tink' yah' can make us a stone coffin, or a death shroud, so our pirate friends here need not supply dere' own?", he asked 62.

"I can certainly try," Sixty-Two said, flipping cheerfully through the pages of his book.

There was a short pause as Shallow spoke to to the pirate, and Sixty-Two flipped through the book. A book that must have been quite sad, as Sixty-Two's face kept falling, falling, falling as he flipped through it.

"I really messed up my first attempt at making some friends, didn't I?" he finally asked.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:15 am

"Do yah' mean Torque? Yah', dat' be a bit brash ta' do, but yah' had yah' reasons at da' time, even if dey' be a bit unnecessary. He likely sees yah' as a friend from yah' previous actions an' manners: yah' stunt just made yah' seem a bit hot-headed. And am I, or da' rest of yah' new crew-bruddah's failures? If yah' truly failed, yah' wouldn't be talkin' ta' me rite now, now would yah'? Makin' friends ain't just about yah', after all: I stepped off da' Rose Lens ta' make a friend wit' da' pon' dat' greeted us. And now look at yah', part of da' crew an' all. Wat' yah' be call yah' failure, I be callin' mah' own great success!"

"An' if yah' call acts a' trust, understandin', decency an' generosity in a time of need-"
, he said, nodding at the tombstone, "-ta' pons dat', not a day ago, yah' would 'ave considered hated foes, distrusted, an' feared, as failures at makin' friends, den' I can't wait ta' see wat' yah' successes be! Ain't dat' just rite, Mari?", he said, nodding to Mari and his crew. "Strange ting', funerasl. Yah' wouldn't expect ta' make friends at one!"
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:07 am

Zarhon wrote:
"Ahhh, so you know Shimmer? Made a passin' acquaintance wit' her, before we bumped inta' yah'. She be polite. Crew-member, I be guessin'?"
Shimmer herself cuts into the conversation. " Yes, yes I am"
OOC must have missed this one sorry...

Zarhon wrote:"Hahah! Yah' truly be a book full a' tricks. I got a few of my own, too!", he said, as he went on to decorate the rough rock into something presentable.

Magical Tricks:
Once the tombstone was complete, only the body remained. Shallow could, of course, just place the body into the dirt and bury it, but Shinestone probably deserves something a bit less, well, dirty.
"Hey bruddah, tink' yah' can make us a stone coffin, or a death shroud, so our pirate friends here need not supply dere' own?"
, he asked 62.
You manage to create a carving tool to work the stone and then proceed to inscribe and polish the stone. "That would not be necessary" While Shallow was working the stone Mari and shimmer conjured a glass coffin.

Zarhon wrote:He also turned to Mari himself. "It be common rite ta' bury wit' da' deceased, someting dey' 'ad a strong love or harmonious bond wit': toys, mementos, trinkets, charms... Same for any final gifts or 'eirlooms any of yah' care ta' entrust ta' 'im. Shinestone can carry em' on wit' is' spirit, or at da' very least, know were' dey' be later, if he come lookin' again."

"No I can not think of any thing like that. he never really enjoined material objects."
Lyntermas wrote:

"...Huh. That's...strange. Perhaps the mercury went a bit to my head. Strange that the lake is actually a bit poisoned. Were the Marines trying to keep fish from disturbing the tomb...or perhaps the source is within the tomb itself? Well, I can see the entrance now. Let's set the boat down near there and take a look inside."

Having calmed down a bit, Torque worked with Boomer to direct the boat to the bottom of the lake next to the tomb entrance. Disembarking, Torque swam cautiously through the archway, keeping a lookout for any traps that may have been set at the entrance.

Perception:

OOC: One lower on the dice and the robot sharks would have chased me in.

You can not see any traps.
Zarhon wrote:
"An' if yah' call acts a' trust, understandin', decency an' generosity in a time of need-"[/i]
, he said, nodding at the tombstone, "-ta' pons dat', not a day ago, yah' would 'ave considered hated foes, distrusted, an' feared, as failures at makin' friends, den' I can't wait ta' see wat' yah' successes be! Ain't dat' just rite, Mari?", he said, nodding to Mari and his crew. "Strange ting', funerasl. Yah' wouldn't expect ta' make friends at one!"
Mari nods back "Yes what the Zebra says is true."
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:36 pm

Boomer looks around for traps as well... Be them magical based or mechanical.

skill checks:
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:19 pm

"Yah' have yah' own tricks, I see. Fittin' restin' bed, for a Reflector Pirate!", Shallow said, as he inspected the mirror-like coffin, confirming it was sturdy enough for its intended burial purpose. He then, assisted by the others, lowered the coffin into the dug-out hole.

"Now for da' last rites. If yah' have anyting yah' want' ta' speak of da' dearly departed Shinestone, let it be heard now, an' remembered by all.", he said.

As he patiently waited for the congregations replies or heart-felt speeches, he pulled out Lilly Whisper and perched her on his back to watch, and prepared to do the final, pre-burial chants, powders and ritual rites.

Magical Tricks:
"Oh, yah', one more question: Is dere' a fruit, vegetable or plant, dat' Shinestone favored above da' rest?", he asked Mari.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:45 pm

Xel Unknown wrote:Boomer looks around for traps as well... Be them magical based or mechanical.

skill checks:

You are able to notice a compartment in the keystone of the arch that if triggered would drop a mixture of chemicals that would ignite creating a fire that would be able to burn with extreme heat even water. You think that the trigger is magical in nature and would be tripped by stealing an object.

Zarhon wrote:"Yah' have yah' own tricks, I see. Fittin' restin' bed, for a Reflector Pirate!", Shallow said, as he inspected the mirror-like coffin, confirming it was sturdy enough for its intended burial purpose. He then, assisted by the others, lowered the coffin into the dug-out hole.

"Now for da' last rites. If yah' have anyting yah' want' ta' speak of da' dearly departed Shinestone, let it be heard now, an' remembered by all.", he said.

As he patiently waited for the congregations replies or heart-felt speeches, he pulled out Lilly Whisper and perched her on his back to watch, and prepared to do the final, pre-burial chants, powders and ritual rites.

Magical Tricks:
"Oh, yah', one more question: Is dere' a fruit, vegetable or plant, dat' Shinestone favored above da' rest?", he asked Mari.
The glass of the coffin appears to be far stronger than any glass you have seen before.
Each of the Reflector Pirates comes and says at least a few words some reminisce on shared memories others speak their thoughts on Shinestone. Mari in particular gives a long winded Eulogy that is only ended by a nearby lightning strike.
Mari ponders your question and eventually answers "White Lilacs"
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:57 pm

"Ok... Word of warning, because I like you Torque... Don't take anything in this place. Be extremely careful. Place is booby trapped. I think it's a magical trigger. But I'm not so sure if I can defuse it myself." Boomer states calming.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:24 pm

Satisfied with the eulogies, Shallow commences with his final ritual - he hums and chants in a foreign, cryptic tune, with increasing tempo. As he does so, drums and other tribal instruments can be heard, but not seen, playing to the tune of his chant, empowered in tune further by the sounds of the coming storm.

He pulls a hoof-full of shiny, sparkling dust and blows it over the grave. The dust starts sparkling, the sparkles turning into sparks that "ignite" into floating candle-fires, which begin to float around, "dancing" around the grave to the tune being sung.

They converge together in a pattern, forming, in turn: the Reflector Pirates Jolly Roger, White Lilacs, The Reflector Pirate's ship, and finally, the face of Shinestone himself, shining brightly, until the song reaches its climax and abruptly stops. The lights go out, one by one, and everything goes still and quiet, apart from the storm.

Shallow then commences with the burial proper, and begins quickly filling the grave, before the storm overtakes the cliff. As he does so, he thinks for a moment, where he might find White Lilacs.

Streetwise/Perception:

"Hey bruddah, don't suppose yah' got White Lilac seeds an' flowers ta' pull outta dat' book of yah', or grow outta' da soil?", he whispers to 62.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:16 pm

Zarhon wrote:"Do yah' mean Torque? Yah', dat' be a bit brash ta' do, but yah' had yah' reasons at da' time, even if dey' be a bit unnecessary. He likely sees yah' as a friend from yah' previous actions an' manners: yah' stunt just made yah' seem a bit hot-headed. And am I, or da' rest of yah' new crew-bruddah's failures? If yah' truly failed, yah' wouldn't be talkin' ta' me rite now, now would yah'? Makin' friends ain't just about yah', after all: I stepped off da' Rose Lens ta' make a friend wit' da' pon' dat' greeted us. And now look at yah', part of da' crew an' all. Wat' yah' be call yah' failure, I be callin' mah' own great success!"

"An' if yah' call acts a' trust, understandin', decency an' generosity in a time of need-"

Sixty-Two chuckled after a short time. "You certainly have a way with words. Now...let's see here...lilacs..."

Another sweep of the hoof and a cry of "Overgrow!" and the effects of Sixty-Two's latest spell were made clear.

Spoiler:
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:10 pm

Zarhon wrote:
Shallow then commences with the burial proper, and begins quickly filling the grave, before the storm overtakes the cliff. As he does so, he thinks for a moment, where he might find White Lilacs.
Streetwise/Perception:
You think a green house on the island or a private garden might have some Lilacs. You bought mainly vegatables a few fruits that don't take very long to grow and some edible flowers such as Daisies and Sheep's(Sheppard’s) Purse Lilacs were not included.

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:
Sixty-Two chuckled after a short time. "You certainly have a way with words. Now...let's see here...lilacs..."

Another sweep of the hoof and a cry of "Overgrow!" and the effects of Sixty-Two's latest spell were made clear.

Spoiler:

Your spell manages to create a rather small blooming lilac bush.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:48 pm

Shallow sniffed the bush of Shinestone's favored flowers, freshly-planted over the grave picked one of the blooms, and stuffed it into his pouch.

"A bush a' beauties indeedy! Dem' gonna last a while. A fine gift yah' gave, bruddah.", he said, patting 62 on the back.

The ritual done, the marker set, the grave dug in and the flowers planted, there was nothing left do to.

"Ashes ta' ashes, dust ta' dust. Yah' may be gone, but yah' nevah' be forgotten. Rest in peace, Shinestone."

He allowed a minute of silence, broken only by the raging, upcoming storm.

Afterwards, he turned to Mari. "Mah duty be done. Wat' happens next, friends? Otha' den' findin' shelter from dis' storm, of course?"
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:28 pm

Xel Unknown wrote:"Ok... Word of warning, because I like you Torque... Don't take anything in this place. Be extremely careful. Place is booby trapped. I think it's a magical trigger. But I'm not so sure if I can defuse it myself." Boomer states calming.

"Ah, duly noted, thank you. Magic is not my specialty, either, so I think we'll leave it where it is for now. I suppose we can settle for sight-seeing. Who knows? Knowledge may be worth more than gold." Torque started to swim deeper into the tomb. "Although I have to wonder what whoever made this tomb was afraid we would take?"
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:43 am

Zarhon wrote:
Afterwards, he turned to Mari. "Mah duty be done. Wat' happens next, friends? Otha' den' findin' shelter from dis' storm, of course?"

"We are to follow the collective dream of all true pirates and set sail for the Grand Line. Unfortunally we must make a stop in the North Blue first. But for now what you said."

Lyntermas wrote:
"Ah, duly noted, thank you. Magic is not my specialty, either, so I think we'll leave it where it is for now. I suppose we can settle for sight-seeing. Who knows? Knowledge may be worth more than gold." Torque started to swim deeper into the tomb. "Although I have to wonder what whoever made this tomb was afraid we would take?"

The chamber that you swim into is surprisingly bare just a pillar on either side with a series extinguished torches in between decorate it. At the far end you can see a stone sarcophagus on a raised platform.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:15 pm

"...Well, that was quick. Although, again, why make a safeguard if there's nothing to steal?" Torque went to the end of the chamber and examined the sarcophagus.

Perception:
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:38 pm

Lyntermas wrote:"...Well, that was quick. Although, again, why make a safeguard if there's nothing to steal?" Torque went to the end of the chamber and examined the sarcophagus.

Perception:
You can just barely hear a noise coming from within the sarcophagus.

(Going to need a stunts check to open it.)
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:55 pm

"What in the...Boomer, Konorad, can you give me a hoof with this? Something inside this is making noise." Torque started to heave the lid off of the sarcophagus, hoping the buoyancy force would make moving it easier.

Athletics:

OOC: Tyger, since Konorad is "with us", can I have him roll an assist check?
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:34 pm

Konorad glanced over as Torque started to push up on the coffin lid. "Yes, because if it generates a noise, it MUST be harmless. Certainly not a bomb or a zombie or somepony who'll die if exposed to seawater. Honestly, I thought I was supposed to be the impulsive one." He shook his head and swam over to help lift the lid. "Well, let's find out what's going to be blown up in our faces."

Athletics Assist:
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:26 pm

Shallow follows the lead of the Reflector Pirates, to find shelter from the storm.

( OOC: What are the RF pirates doing next, exactly? )
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:31 pm

Boomer shurgs and helps in pushing.

ATHLETICS ASSIST:
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:05 pm

With the three of you pushing together the lid of the coffin finally comes off. Inside there isn't any skeleton but rather a portal giving off a slight hum.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:12 pm

Shallow follows the RF pirates to their boat, for a proper farewell. As he does, he engages in smalltalk:
"I must say, I be a bit curious: Wat' kind a' treasure yah' been lookin' for? Da' same as everypon else headin' for da' Grand Line? Or someting' else entirely?"
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:22 pm

"And would you happen to know of a large red pirate ship driven, so to speak, by pirates willing to stoop to the level of selling children into slavery?"

Blink.

"Erm, sorry. That was a bit blunt, no?"
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next