Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grand Line Adventures IC

+4
Lyntermas
Z2
Grey Pen The Flawed
tygerburningbright
8 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Grand Line Adventures IC  - Page 39 Empty Re: Grand Line Adventures IC

Post  Lyntermas Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:46 pm

Torque tried to put a comforting arm over 62's shoulders. "...It's okay to let it out, 62. The fact that ponies would treat others as property is a horrid thing. And that they not only have gotten away with it this far, but that they are an "untouchable" authority...this must be stopped."

He looked over at the others. "I'm voting for Shallow's third plan. We get out of here quietly (although we can leave a letter to say that the Bright Eyes Pirates did this) and get the ship ready to go. Now, depending on what that sword-blade pirates been up to, the Marines might already have their hands full. Either way, мусор's mansion is probably not one of the places they would be explicitly guarding.

Now, one option we have is to try and contact Browncoat. Now, there's no guarantee that he'll help us with the assault, but if we provide the slaves and the papers, he might be willing to help get the slaves free. Or at least get them somewhere where they won't be hunted down.

However, there's one thing that I wish to do before we leave: open that box.
" Torque pointed at the last Marine box with an Arcane lock on it. "If I had to guess, all three of these boxes belong to that cursed мусор. Now, it could have more slave papers, it could have more gold, it could have a list of his favorite types of cheeses, I don't care. All I know is that I want to leave this monster with NOTHING. ...What do you guys think?"

Torque glanced over at the rolls of bits from the first box they opened. "...And here I thought embezzling would be the WORST crime this island would have."
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:48 pm

Boomer just nods in agreement, trying still to just cool her own anger for the moment.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:03 pm

"I agree," Sixty-Two finally said, slowly standing once more. On his hooves, he took a slow breath, not necessarily a deep one. He attempted a genuine smile. "And I do so love cheeses."
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:30 pm

"Well, If we all be in agreement, den', let's try dis' again...", Shallow says, as he once again goes to disable the magical alarm on the final box.

Arcana:

( OOC: Unless I've got some kind of situational bonus that bumped me to 30+, I think I'll be needing an assist. Can't use talent spec points, since I spent them on an upgrade. Do the talent spec points work for other people's checks?
Edit: Yep, need an assist. )

Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:43 pm

Seeing that Shallow was having some trouble dispelling the lock, Torque tried to use a little of his own unicorn magic to help. "Don't mess up, Torque, don't mess up."

Arcana Assist:
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:48 pm

Tortoise Shell sees Shallow struggling with the magical alarm, and walks up behind him.

"I don' know too much 'bout magic, whether it be disarmin' it or usin' it myself, but p'rhaps I can lend a hoof- or a horn- ya might be able to put my magic ta better use than me."

Tortoise lowered his head, horn glowing a bit erratically, its flickering light going out after a quick jolt of magical energy jumping like a static charge to the zebra.

Spoiler:
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

http://turtlgandalf.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:44 am

Zarhon wrote:"Well, If we all be in agreement, den', let's try dis' again...", Shallow says, as he once again goes to disable the magical alarm on the final box.
Arcana:
( OOC: Unless I've got some kind of situational bonus that bumped me to 30+, I think I'll be needing an assist. Can't use talent spec points, since I spent them on an upgrade. Do the talent spec points work for other people's checks?
Edit: Yep, need an assist. )

Lyntermas wrote:Seeing that Shallow was having some trouble dispelling the lock, Torque tried to use a little of his own unicorn magic to help. "Don't mess up, Torque, don't mess up."

Arcana Assist:

With the extra jolt Shallow is able to open the magic lock on the box. Inside there are rather disturbing pictures of young girls all branded in conspicuous spots.

A few seconds later there is a deafening boom and the building shakes as if it had been hit.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:47 am

Torque looked with growing anger at the pictures. "...We...we are going to make sure we rescue each and every one of these girls, we will MAKE Browncoat help them escape, and we will BURN DOWN this monster's mansion before we leave this islan-"

BOOM! Torque looked around startled. Some of the Marine boxes had swung open from the impact.

"...It seems our rivals have taken a more overt approach. Alright, here's some options:

-I can use my magic to fix the bolts for the rest of the Marine boxes (I'm going to assume that there are some good Marines on this island, and I don't want to make things any easier for that sword-blade pirate if she gets in here). However, that will be the last time I can use that spell today.

-Tortoise and Shallow can start taking the loot out of here. They're probably strong enough to carry most of the gold bars out with them.

-62, you can conjure up another spray can and write something like, "The Bright Eyes Pirates got here first." Boomer, you can make a bomb that activates when the main vault door is activated (although I think it would be funnier if it just blasted confetti rather than an explosion).

Any objections, alterations, or other ideas? Make them fast, though; time is running out."
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:17 pm

Boomer gets to work making such a gag-bomb to enrage those other pirates with a note that'll pop out declaring: "THANK YOU FOR TRYING, YOU GOT HERE SECOND! - SIGNED THE BRIGHT EYES PIRATES" Then if she still has the time she tries to set up some type of goo-bomb that'll engulf all other pirates when they open the main vault door. The Mare's already starting to have a big of a giggle fits picturing the face of the other pirates.

Mechanics Check:
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:27 pm

Xel Unknown wrote:Boomer gets to work making such a gag-bomb to enrage those other pirates with a note that'll pop out declaring: "THANK YOU FOR TRYING, YOU GOT HERE SECOND! - SIGNED THE BRIGHT EYES PIRATES" Then if she still has the time she tries to set up some type of goo-bomb that'll engulf all other pirates when they open the main vault door. The Mare's already starting to have a big of a giggle fits picturing the face of the other pirates.
Mechanics Check:

You effortlessly manage to build and set up both bombs in just a matter of seconds.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:57 pm

"Oh I wish we could stay and see their faces..." Boomer comments as she gets ready to pick up all the gold bars when given the word.

utility talent (when we start running):
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:57 pm

"I suppose it be time ta' go!", Shallow yelled as he grabbed as much of the loot as he could, packing it in saddlebags. "I'll try ta' block off da' tunnel wen' we all past, an' I suggest one of yah' try ta' hide da' hole itself, so dey' can't follow rite after us, or use it for dem'selves ta' escape!"

Torque looked with growing anger at the pictures. "...We...we are going to make sure we rescue each and every one of these girls, we will MAKE Browncoat help them escape, and we will BURN DOWN this monster's mansion before we leave this islan-"
"Burnin'? Dat' be a wild hazard, pon. Could spread ta' engulf more den' just da' deserved target. I tink' a few 'controlled sudden disasters' be in order for our twisted new target. After we free da' mares, of course."

Athletics:
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:14 pm

"Yo ho!" Sixty-Two said, putting his book away and exiting the collapsing tunnel as rapidly as possible.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:31 pm

Boomer chuckles some more as she activated her super-mode telekinesis, picks up all of those gold bars and then runs into the tunnel. She wasn't running at her fastest, just was trying to move fast enough to get out before the other brake in opens the vault door.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:48 pm

Torque used his magic to reset the bolts in the remaining Marine boxes. He then made sure that everything else had been grabbed (papers, pictures, and rolls of bits) before jumping back into the tunnel.

Spoiler:
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:42 pm

Zarhon wrote:
Athletics:

Once everyone manages to get out Shallow manages to block off the the bank end of the tunnel. Upon exiting the tunnel and leaving the alley everyone can see that the pirate ship has taken up a position just off shore and is currently bombarding the marine base with cannon and mortar fire.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:01 pm

Sixty-Two sent a look the others' way. "Sink their ship on the way out as further distraction whilst simultaneously stifling the competition, right?"
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:33 pm

"...62, I like your enthusiasm, but that might be biting off a little more than we can chew right now. Let's get the gold on our ship, then get to the university to ask Browncoat if he'd be willing to help with this." He looked over at Boomer. "Boomer, can you levitate the bars while they are still in our saddlebags? It might be a bit conspicuous to be walking around with 50 gold bars floating around for everyone to see."
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:39 pm

"I think so..." Boomer states as she moves the bars to be hidden in everypony's shaddle bags.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:48 pm

Sixty-Two frowned a little. "That's why I said 'on the way out', you know," he mumbled, pouting all the way.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:03 pm

"No need ta' lift for me, pon. I travel real suttle an' quick!", Shallow said, demonstrating by sinking into the ground along with his cargo. His head promptly popped out to say: "Race yah' to dere'. Last one to da' boat gets ta' scrub da' deck next!", before rushing off towards the dock the ship was stationed at, traversing the dirt undetected.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:30 am

"...Why is it that Devil Fruit users always feel the need to show off?" Torque muttered as he made his way back to the docks.
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:40 am

"Well, I can relate... I mean I can basically walk underwater without much worry. Some ponies just take pride in their skills they've got." Boomer shrugs as they quickly traveled. "Besides, if you had to give up swimming for it... You feel needed to show it was a worthy trade off."
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:18 pm

"That all said, I believe I shall save my teleportation abilities for something actually important," Sixty-Two said, walking towards the ship.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:33 pm

"Ah, here we are," Torque said, looking up at the ship. "Alright, everyone, let's drop off the gold and grab whatever you think you'll need for an assault on the mansion. 62, try to see if you can remember how to get there."

Torque went down to his room in the hold. He had converted a desk into a sort of workbench, with various odds and ends. He looked over at a red armband
that was currently sitting inside a larger contraption that had electricity arcing through it. "I think it should be done charging by now." Torque turned off the charger, took the armband, and slid it on to his right forearm. He immediately felt a surge of magical energy go through his body before stabilizing.

The Minor Spatial Translocatifimicator, or MSP, was Torque's attempt to replicate the teleportation trick that Versailles had used last night. Granted, it only had a few charges in it, and Torque theorized that he would need to see where he was going, but it was a good first draft. "Hopefully this little excursion will provide some valuable test results."

Torque then made his way back up to the deck. "The university should be our first stop. I'm ready if you guys are."
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next