Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventures in Saint-Trotez - Backstage (OOC)

+8
Ramsus
AProcrastinatingWriter
Pingcode
Xel Unknown
Colter Bolt
Fury of the Tempest
tygerburningbright
Paper Shadow
12 posters

Page 2 of 42 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22 ... 42  Next

Go down

Adventures in Saint-Trotez - Backstage (OOC) - Page 2 Empty Re: Adventures in Saint-Trotez - Backstage (OOC)

Post  Pingcode Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:34 am

I'm feeling fidgety, so I can probably throw something together quick smart to round out the party. Give me a bit to look over the rest of the party and I'll assemble some sort of pony.
Pingcode
Pingcode
Technical Administrator
Technical Administrator

Back to top Go down

Adventures in Saint-Trotez - Backstage (OOC) - Page 2 Empty Re: Adventures in Saint-Trotez - Backstage (OOC)

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:14 am

Even if I get my character sheet up first, I'd ask that you give Pingcode consideration before I, since they're new and I am obviously not,

But I'm feeling kinda fidgety too - only in a few campaigns, and they're not doing anything in particular at the moment, at least regards me. And even once they start doing things in particular, that's just not enough pony.

But like I said, if you have decided that those currently signed up plus one is number of players this campaign should have, then I shall bow out and let Pingcode take their place in the sun.

Assuming we can both join, though, I'll have my character sheet up in the morning.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Pingcode Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:53 am

Mmh. Nah, you can have it, APW. Character-wise I'm pretty much dry on ones that'll fit well into this campaign/party and aren't already active in a different game.
Pingcode
Pingcode
Technical Administrator
Technical Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:47 am

I'm pretty sure 5 characters will be allowed.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:31 am

Fury of the Tempest wrote:I'm pretty sure 5 characters will be allowed.
Oh, yeah, totally. If you both want to join, I'll happily accommodate the both of you...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:32 am

I see what you mean with the sig.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:45 am

Are we going to start as soon as writer and code summit their characters?

Side note Pingcode do not worry about reuseing a character it looks like everyone is.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:16 pm

Aaaaand that's me oversleeping. Embarassed

In the meanwhiles, I have draft one of my character completed, potentially to be changed regards items and a combat talent or two depending on answers I get from the ask-a-simple-question thread.Anyway, meet Aces High, earth pony and gambler extraordinaire.

...and Pigscode should definitely stick around and make their own character, by the way. Wink

EDIT: Draft B complete now. Probably final. Forgot to mention.

Last edited by AProcrastinatingWriter on Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:24 pm

SP? Sanity points right?
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:27 pm

Yeah, that's right. Aces High was one of my first characters, back when Sanity Points looked like they might become a thing and I spruced him up a bit for this campaign. That sprucing obviously involved my forgetting to remove any stray Sanity Points from my stats. Razz
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Pingcode Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:54 pm

Not so much 'reusing a character' and more 'reusing a character currently in active play'.

Though an idea is coming to me, I'll get it up in a bit once I've got the Combat Talents written down. The portrait will have to come later, but I think I've got a viable concept right now.

He sort of falls between Aces High and Sparks, though. Ah well, we'll see how it works, he'll probably slot in well enough to turn it into a trio instead of a character clash.
Pingcode
Pingcode
Technical Administrator
Technical Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:11 pm

Even if he doesn't, I wouldn't dream of making you change what you want your character to be. Smile
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:02 pm

Can we kick Tyger please? He doesn't deserve to be in this campaign.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:08 pm

Fury of the Tempest wrote:Can we kick Tyger please? He doesn't deserve to be in this campaign.
I'm sorry, have I missed something?
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:10 pm

Paper Shadow wrote:
Fury of the Tempest wrote:Can we kick Tyger please? He doesn't deserve to be in this campaign.
I'm sorry, have I missed something?

I'm probably still angry and resentful. But I don't feel that someone who doesn't understand or follows the messages of FiM should be allowed to RP Ponytales.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Pingcode Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:45 pm

Ehm. Well then.

Meet Moonshot!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1N32sY4ipZSE_lyZTeBFnpbQXs-ABfpFNOzadn4qj0xs/mobilebasic

I'll put together a portrait tonight, I think. And probably give your variant talents a look.
Pingcode
Pingcode
Technical Administrator
Technical Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:47 pm

*leaves to do some homework*

*comes back to check on status of games real quick before continuing with homework*

*finds a battle formulating between two members of our group*

Adventures in Saint-Trotez - Backstage (OOC) - Page 2 Tumblr_inline_mfr8hcRaSj1qadsq2

Well, at least I can look over Moonshot for funsies. :/
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:51 pm

*runs away screaming from the cat*
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:54 pm

Character is cool! I like him! Again, I won't force you to make any changes, but I do have a suggestion or two. If you want to listen, that's fine, and if you don't...well, don't! Smile

Firstly, are you sure you don't want any combat items? As you can probably tell, all the rest of us have them (up to 3000 or so's gold worth of them) and they generally work to make us stronger and haven't been objected to by the PH yet. If you don't want to have weapons for some personal challenge or roleplay reason that's perfectly fine, again! Just...I suppose I wanted to remind you in case you'd just forgotten. Though that's doubtful, so I guess I'm silly. Razz

Secondly, your Special Move seems to be named the same as one of your combat talents - I think it would cut down on confusion for everybeing involved if one of them were changed. If you have a good reason for having both of them named "Shooting the Moon", though, that is completely fine.

Off to make my fake resume for an art class!...and maybe catch Ramsus and bring him back here, hey wait up!

AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Pingcode Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:31 pm

I completely forgot intended to not take items to see if you'd notice! But yeah, forgot to put them in because they're not PHB standard. Added now.

As far as Shooting The Moon goes, it's named for, well, Shooting The Moon! Seemed appropriate to name critfisher the same thing.

But thanks for the feedback! Resulted in some useful changes and I think I've got two and a half distinct attack plans now.
Pingcode
Pingcode
Technical Administrator
Technical Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:19 pm

Adventures in Saint-Trotez - Backstage (OOC) - Page 2 Tumblr_m75nucJ38C1rtcfaqo1_500

...apparently now this topic is about reaction images????

Anyways, the place I could work on my homework was closed, so draft version 3! I realized I was never going to use the current version of Ante Up and had plenty of other +PiP moves, so I changed Ante Up into Inferno. Kept the name though.

I also looked over your combat talents, Paper Shadow, and decided that Payout would work really well in my current build, so Payout is the new Jackpot. Other than that, no real changes, which makes this the third time I've forgotten to remove the Sanity Points. I think I'll go ahead and keep them in for the sake of a running gag from now on.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:18 pm

Look, Fury, we need to talk. I think you knew the moment you asked me to kick Tyger, I would most likely say no unless you had a reason with real substance, like you had evidence that he planned on doing his best to ruin my campaign, or that he was sending abusive messages to you, or that he killed his last GM or something. Isn't this act of vengeance also against the teachings of the show? What would it had accomplished but anger and sadness?

I think I know why you want Tyger gone, but do correct me if I'm wrong, and everyone else take this with a pinch of salt and don't assume it is true unless it is confirmed. I saw both your thread about negative cutie mark crits, and your recent red post. I'm guessing that Tyger was the GM in a game you played, and you already felt that you weren't being appreciated, when someone scored that persuasion crit to anger someone, and the GM decided that, since the action was evil, the result should be to, and had the NPC die of rage. The player complained, and you felt that this player always raged but was never punished. You also complained, and the GM decided to smite your character dead and kick you from the game, and I guess not the player who made the roll in the first place. This obviously left you furious, and it's not surprising. It was your character, it was like a child to you, and it was unfairly snatched away. Your recent question about the mixture of character fluff and combat advantages, and the response from Dan saying that he would do it, has obviously given you confirmation that you were right in some other argument you had, which has refuelled this anger you have. That's why you made the red post, complaining about your GM, your fellow players, everything...

Now I know you won't care about the words from some stranger on the internet, especially one with a silly looking dragon for an avatar, but trust me on this. You never want to hold a grudge. Cliché advice, I know, but a grudge is a horrible, horrible thing. You will both feel that the other person is in the wrong, but only you will be hurt by it. You will think about the person, and how they have wronged you, and how, one day, you'll get the upper hand. You will dream about being satisfied with your revenge, however minor or massive it is. You feel joy when this person suffers misfortune, and not in the schadenfreude way. But they won't see you like that. They will be confused of why you act so hostile against them. No two people think in the same way, they don't understand why you feel a way about something in the same way you don't understand why they can't see your point of view. Even if you think your mind is open, you can't help but wonder why people still think X is wrong, or Y is right, or anything else. We are all different, and we all think differently too. You, me, your friends, my friends, the people who you feel have betrayed your trust and disregarded your emotions, and the people who I felt had betrayed my trust and disregarded my emotions. It's always okay to disagree sometimes, but if you can't let go off the past, it will drag you down...

So, unless you have a real reason, and evidence, of why Tyger should be kicked from this game, then it is as unfair to him if I kick him as it would be to you if he asked for you to be kicked. So understand why I won't do it. If you feel that you don't want to play in a game with Tyger and want to leave, that's fine, and I understand. If you think that I have totally failed in trying to understand, and that you don't want to speak to me again, that's fine as well. If you want to send me a message and talk about this more, you can, my PM box is always open (well, unless it fills, in which case it becomes closed). I won't be able to see things the same way you do, but maybe the different perspective will help. But that's up for you to decide on what you want...

Anyway, as for the rest of you, I am happy that your characters have been made, but I must say that I need to delay the campaign. The opening episode was one of revenge, and in light of recent events, you hopefully can see why I feel uncomfortable with doing it. I apologise to all of you, especially you Pingcode, as this was your first character, and I took one of the slots in the other campaign that is starting which you had expressed an interest in. I hope you all can understand and forgive me for this...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:25 pm

I'll say just two things. I'm not even going to read the entire post.

1. No. Tyger is not Z2

2. What red post?
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:31 am

Fury, The red post you had gotten a warning about that can be summed up as "Censored Censored Censored Insult to everyone Censored." Sad thing is, my computer decided to delete the prnt screen I had taken of it just in case you had done just that. However I did message you, and you acknowledged it- so please don't try to deny having written it.
Sorry for popping in, but I wanted to make sure that the comment didn't go into full blown fight.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:28 am

When you say "Delay", PS, do you mean that literally or is that a gentle way of saying you're gonna have to cancel it?

...and, if I'm not asking too much, approximately how long will this campaign be delayed for?
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 42 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22 ... 42  Next