Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Skype Campaign The Shadow Walkers Completed registration! Coming soon.

+8
Z2
Demonu
Zarhon
Xel Unknown
Lyntermas
A1C Bronymous
Dusk Raven
Hayatecooper
12 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Skype Campaign The Shadow Walkers Completed registration! Coming soon. - Page 5 Empty Re: Skype Campaign The Shadow Walkers Completed registration! Coming soon.

Post  Hayatecooper Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:59 pm

Yes Sir. Mod Sir!
Hayatecooper
Hayatecooper
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Skype Campaign The Shadow Walkers Completed registration! Coming soon. - Page 5 Empty Re: Skype Campaign The Shadow Walkers Completed registration! Coming soon.

Post  Fury of the Tempest Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:00 pm

LoganAura wrote:Fury: if you don't like someone's idea for a game, you don't have to play it. However, you really shouldn't start insulting the DM/PH's game. If you don't believe the characters would react in that way, fine, but cussing, even using the censored one, at the person is rude.

Hayate: Please don't bait someone- that Discord pic would get a lot of people angry, and taunting with "Oh right, forgot Nightmare Moon wasn't a thing. My Mistake, silly me mixing up Canon and Fanon like that. " is just going to get things angry.

Both of you, please stop right here.

Hey, I didn't start insulting anything. I was just expressing my frustration that the only RP that's open to join is an RP that I cannot join.

He's the one that responded and started the whole argument.

I mean, he asked for the reasons behind my comment, I explained, and he started to argue my reasoning.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:02 pm

Ah, don't. Don't put all the blame on him. You were the one who had came in here and went after the game concept, and Hayate was responding in ways that would enrage you, or anyone.

End of discussion.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Hayatecooper Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:02 pm

Sorry Fury but what?

You came in and basically sat down and insulted something I put a decent amount of effort into, for absolutely no reason.
Nothing stops you submitting a character and nothing stopped you joining an RP. You're just pissed that no one wants you because you are argumentative an you always whine when you don't get exactly what you "think" is right or are you just pissy still at getting killed in Old Kings News?

Either way.
Leave Fury, this thread doesn't want you. Conversation closed.
Hayatecooper
Hayatecooper
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:06 pm

LoganAura wrote:Ah, don't. Don't put all the blame on him. You were the one who had came in here and went after the game concept, and Hayate was responding in ways that would enrage you, or anyone.

I didn't go AFTER anything. I just expressed my distaste about the background of the game.

Hell, I said I liked the concept of the game itself, just not the background.

He's the one that took a disliking to my opinion and started to explain how I was 'wrong'.

Not saying I'm blameness here, but most of the blame falls on him, not me.

Hayatecooper wrote:You came in and basically sat down and insulted something I put a decent amount of effort into, for absolutely no reason.

Actually, I didn't insult anything. I just expressed the opinion that the background makes no sense to me. That's not an insult, its just an opinion.

Your the one that started to argue about my reasoning. You started the argument, not me.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonu Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:07 pm

Fury of the Tempest wrote:
Hayatecooper wrote:1. Luna left because of a spat she had with her sister over the living quarters of Discord.

2. How is it out of character for a ruler not to want to effectively split up her land between her sister and disrupt the lives of her subjects?

3. Luna did try to fight, they both did. As it stats a lot of heated words were exchanged and Luna left; they didn't exact part on the best of terms.

I'll put this straight. Princess Luna leaving because of a heated argument is STUPID. It was JUST AN ARGUMENT. They are very old, they would know how to make up after such an argument, Princess Celestia would at least. Having been a ruler for 1000 years. And forgiving Luna after she TRIED TO KILL ALL LIVING LIFE ON THE PLANET, which also resulted in Celestia having to rule a country for 1000 years ALONE. Knowing that she would outlive EVERYONE around her.

Second. Princess Celestia will NEVER. EVER. EVER cause bloodshed. She would respond bloodshed, but she would NEVER take an action which would purposefully cause action to her subject unless there was NO other choice.

Honestly, its making the Princess act like immature 2 years, not the ancient and wise creatures they are! Discord is the emotional one.
1) Luna turned into Nightmare Moon because she didn't realise ponies sleep at night and her jealousy turned her evil.

If experiencing an emotion so strong that it makes you want to eradicate all life (knowingly or not) because you failed to comprehend basic biology, then having a heated argument and leaving because of it isn't that farfetched.

2) Your other argument also falls flat on a logical fallacy. Republics or Kingdoms aren't formed because of 1 individual but because the people desire it. There can very well be ponies who like Luna more than Celestia but breaking off and forming a new kingdom/republic merely because of that doesn't happen. After all, let us not forget that Celestia kept Equastria running for a 1000 years on her own and Equestria is pretty much an utopia as it is. Fighting her sister might be a bit much but Celestia would try to keep Equestria as a whole, if solely for the sake of the everyday pony who has nothing to do with internal power struggles.

Luna scurrying off after a heated discussion and forming her own republic/kingdom is akin drawing a line in the middle of the room and saying the other one can't cross it. The problem is that you're simplifying it to just that without the political implications and overall status of the princesses.

And yes, Celestia would fight Luna. Reluctantly. The whole Nightmare Moon incident is prove of that.

3) They're siblings. Of course they'll have spats. But spats between immortal, all powerful alicorns are a lot grander than between foals.

Basic line: If you weren't planning on joining this campaign to begin with, why bother arguing about its premise? Every campaign out there on the forum has elements that won't stroke with canon or someone's prefered headcanon. Just leave it be, or else this is going to be the RPG version of Complaining About Shows You Don't Watch
Demonu
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Hayatecooper Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:08 pm

Fury of the Tempest wrote:One of the only current role-plays, and with an extremely interesting type/missions of RPing that I've ever seen.

Why. Oh why does the Background have to COMPLETELY RUIN the RP?

I'm sorry. But I don't understand exactly how "Completely Ruin the RP" is meant to be taken any way that isn't inflammatory.
Hayatecooper
Hayatecooper
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:11 pm

Hayate, Fury, stop right now. I know that sounds like I'm talking down to you both, but no more posts from either of you about this argument. None. No responses, no comments, no quotes. None. At all.

Fury: You did tell Hayate off for the backstory- which is the concept.
Hayate: Stop riling him up.

Both of you, official warnings. Stop this argument right now.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:15 pm

Demonu wrote:Basic line: If you weren't planning on joining this campaign to begin with, why bother arguing about its premise? Every campaign out there on the forum has elements that won't stroke with canon or someone's prefered headcanon. Just leave it be, or else this is going to be the RPG version of Complaining About Shows You Don't Watch

I'll ignore the argument you posted, as its completely and utter invalid.

Secondly, I didn't start arguing about the premise. I just said that I wanted to join the RP, but the lore/background of the RP is something I disagreed with. When I explained my reasoning behind my dislike to the lore/background - as ASKED by the DM/GM - he started arguing with me.

Hayatecooper wrote:
Fury of the Tempest wrote:One of the only current role-plays, and with an extremely interesting type/missions of RPing that I've ever seen.

Why. Oh why does the Background have to COMPLETELY RUIN the RP?

I'm sorry. But I don't understand exactly how "Completely Ruin the RP" is meant to be taken any way that isn't inflammatory.

Right. Because somehow can't express there distaste for something in an over-the-top manner.

All I said is that I didn't like it. No insults at all.

Hayatecooper wrote:you are argumentative an you always whine when you don't get exactly what you "think" is right

Also. Please don't speak as if you know anything about me. Because you know buck all about me.

LoganAura wrote:Fury: You did tell Hayate off for the backstory- which is the concept.

I didn't tell him off for it. I just stated that I dislike it. Big difference.

And it can be argued that the concept of an RP is the gameplay, not the fluff.

And yeah, I know I'm probably gonna get a warning for this, but I've already spent several minutes typing this all up so buck it, I'm posting this.

I just want people to know who started the arguement this time around. I'm not blameness, I argued more then I should off. But...

I. Did. Not. Start. The. Argument.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonu Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:18 pm

Secondly, I didn't start arguing about the premise. I just said that I wanted to join the RP, but the lore/background of the RP is something I disagreed with. When I explained my reasoning behind my dislike to the lore/background - as ASKED by the DM/GM - he started arguing with me.
You can't really expect for the campaign's entire premise/background/plot to be changed just because one potential player disagrees with it, can you?
Demonu
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:21 pm

Demonu wrote:

You can't really expect for the campaign's entire premise/background/plot to be changed just because one potential player disagrees with it, can you?

No.

I just wanted to voice my opinion. No harm in that.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonu Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:26 pm

Fury of the Tempest wrote:
Demonu wrote:

No.

I just wanted to voice my opinion. No harm in that.
Yes but do realise that Hayate has spend considerable time in planning this campaign. To just waltz in here and denounce the background of the campaign is like walking into an art gallery and bash a painting for not being what you believe to be art while the artist is standing next to it.

You can disagree sure but seeing as you probably won't be joining this particular campaign, the entire above argumentation just seems so... pointless. Nothing is going to change after this discussion has ended so yeah, rather trivial to argue.

Anyway, if you're not joining this one, then I hope you'll soon find another campaign that is more to your liking.
Demonu
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:29 pm

Fury, it's not a warning: I just said that any post regarding the argument after this is not allowed, yet you still posted, even saying that you didn't care.

1. No Flaming, overt hostility, or harassment. Flaming is direct or indirect attacks on another member of the forum. Treat your fellow forum members with civility.
This is why you and Hayate had been given your first warning, the hostility between you and Hayate (And his trolling)

2. No disobeying the moderation staff when they tell you to stop breaking whatever rule you are breaking.

If you violate that rule (or any rule) again, want to back-talk,
or are being particularly obstinant, you will receive your first warning and be TEMPORARILY BANNED for 24 hours.

Also, demon, I drop the argument too please.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:33 pm

Demonu wrote:Yes but do realise that Hayate has spend considerable time in planning this campaign. To just waltz in here and denounce the background of the campaign is like walking into an art gallery and bash a painting for not being what you believe to be art while the artist is standing next to it.

That doesn't really work as a comparison.

Yes, I understand he might not like it when people dislike something he's spent time on it. But that's their opinion, he should of respected my thoughts and perhaps taken my thoughts and opinions into considering for later constructions.

Admittedly I'm probably not the best with feedback myself...
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:32 pm

Dusk Raven wrote:The story seemed to make sense to me, but that was because, the way I saw it, the whole thing started as a result of, for the most part, misunderstandings.

Meanwhile, Hayate, while your determination to see my finished character sheet puzzles me, it is slowly coming along... having to decide on just eight combat talents is a pain, as is choosing which theme I want to go for... self-sacrificing paladin or precise sniper...
I say just pick what looks cool and fun. If play fast and loos, after all you WILL get to change and edit your build when you find the flaws and better ways to improve things to be how you wanted them.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Hayatecooper Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:03 am

How's it coming Dusk? I do need to do some prep-stuff so having a complete character sheet would be really helpful.
Hayatecooper
Hayatecooper
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:00 pm

So am I actually in the campaign? I've been kinda under the assumption I'm but one of several contestants for the role, and as such this hasn't been my highest priority.

Also, in fairness, the argument on the preceding pages kinda put me off for a day or two.
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:08 pm

I say, you being the newest of all the apps, give you the best of odds. Also we kinda wanta see what you make, well I for one do wanta see what you make. :3
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Hayatecooper Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:54 pm

All the responses while I'm not online.

Well, I need a new player by Monday at the latest's(Tomorrow for me). I was going to pick you, seeing as newest not played a skype game player which was high priority, but if you don't want the slot that's cool.
Hayatecooper
Hayatecooper
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:02 pm

Xel Unknown wrote:Also we kinda wanta see what you make, well I for one do wanta see what you make. :3

Well, then that's reason enough for me. ^^

At this stage I'm not sure if I want to play or not. All I ask, in this case, that I not be treated with special consideration just because I'm new to Skype, and that if I'm picked, it should be on the merits of my character alone.

Anyway, couple things I'll need to ask - what's the current status on the flight utility talents? Last I heard there was talk on cutting the number down and removing the bonus the final step gave. And that's... actually, the only question I have for now.

Also, on a random note, the picture that originally inspired this character: http://fav.me/d5ecc5o
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Hayatecooper Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:08 pm

Flight talents should be in the book, not sure where but I'm pretty sure they've updated the new ones.
Also it's hard to judge your character, apart from your back-story that looks interesting, without a sheet.
Hayatecooper
Hayatecooper
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:16 pm

I can appreciate that. It's just personality and backstory is most important to me so I did that first to see if it was interesting.

Meanwhile, she's starting to become a pony version of one of my other characters... which will be very, very interesting...
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Hayatecooper Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:30 pm

Sounds like it could be cool.
Hayatecooper
Hayatecooper
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:37 am

Dusk Raven wrote:Meanwhile, she's starting to become a pony version of one of my other characters... which will be very, very interesting...

Good thing it's not Z2's game then. You'd have problem's there.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:14 am

Bronymous wrote:
Dusk Raven wrote:Meanwhile, she's starting to become a pony version of one of my other characters... which will be very, very interesting...

Good thing it's not Z2's game then. You'd have problem's there.

How so?
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next