Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ask a Simple Question - Get a Simple Answer

+33
Inferno1114
Antiquated
Lifeforce
Colter Bolt
AProcrastinatingWriter
RavenscroftRaven
Doc pseudopolis
Grey Pen The Flawed
Hayatecooper
Z2
Caden2112
Pingcode
Kindulas
Quietkal
Nehiel Mori
Videocrazy
Zarhon
tygerburningbright
ZamuelNow
Azureink
Demonu
sunbeam
LoganAura
thematthew
Curunir
Philadelphus
Fury of the Tempest
A1C Bronymous
Paper Shadow
SilentBelle
Xel Unknown
Ramsus
Stairc -Dan Felder
37 posters

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Ask a Simple Question - Get a Simple Answer - Page 36 Empty Re: Ask a Simple Question - Get a Simple Answer

Post  ZamuelNow Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:29 pm

Who’s The Tank?:

Does this mean when you have resistance that's not from armor or is it gaining resistance while you already have it?
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Ask a Simple Question - Get a Simple Answer - Page 36 Empty Re: Ask a Simple Question - Get a Simple Answer

Post  Xel Unknown Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:32 pm

It matters not what you get the resist from.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:35 pm

I think it means if you have resist, increase it by 1. However, you do not automatically have resist 1. So it's a weaker version of the Granite Axe trait.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:10 pm

Has anyone actually picked up and given Shield of Valor a try yet?
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:15 pm

sunbeam wrote:I think it means if you have resist, increase it by 1. However, you do not automatically have resist 1. So it's a weaker version of the Granite Axe trait.

Correct
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc pseudopolis Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:38 pm

If I grant an ally Temporary HP through the Pacifist Trait does that activate the Healer's Blessing Trait?
Traits for reference:
Edit: I was assume the answer is no but I want to confirm.

Doc pseudopolis
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:28 pm

Actually, the answer is yes. Cool
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:34 pm

About Pick of the Litter and Highborn, can you store the racial points until you have enough to purchase 3+ cost racials or do you have to buy 1 and 2 point racials right when you take them?
Also, could you purchase a 1 cost racial with Pick of the Litter, and then trade it for a 3 cost racial when you take Highborn?
I'm pretty sure the answer is "Not without the Evolution destiny," but I'd just like to check.
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:45 pm

Quietkal wrote:About Pick of the Litter and Highborn, can you store the racial points until you have enough to purchase 3+ cost racials or do you have to buy 1 and 2 point racials right when you take them?
Also, could you purchase a 1 cost racial with Pick of the Litter, and then trade it for a 3 cost racial when you take Highborn?
I'm pretty sure the answer is "Not without the Evolution destiny," but I'd just like to check.
Most GMs will allow you to make changes to your character if you want to make changes, provided you are not in the middle of something, like a dungeon or a battle...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Ask a Simple Question - Get a Simple Answer - Page 36 Empty since it's fashioned like MtG

Post  SparkImpulse Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:58 pm

Do summoned things have summoning sickness?

IOW, lets say the big bag goes first, deals damage, I'm next, I summon a robotic assistant. Does it already, while still in my turn but after I've spent my standard action, have it's own standard action to fix-it-up, or does the party have to wait a round before it can act?

and, I assume I have this right but let me clarify ... the summons have their own standard, but are assumed to act during my turn? So creating a buncha summons means when my init-number comes up a whole buncha standard actions will take place, only one of which is mine?
SparkImpulse
SparkImpulse
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:06 pm

Summons have their own turns (start-of-turn-effects, standard and/or minor action, saving throws, end-of-turn effects), and they always go right after your turn (even if you switch the order, they're still right after you). When you summon a conjuration on your turn, it then can act right after. If you summon it when its not your turn, it waits until you have your turn and finish it before it acts.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:55 pm

SparkImpulse wrote: I summon a robotic assistant.

I've been out of the loop for a few days. Is this robotic assistant a new piece of content or is it how you reflavored another summon?
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:48 pm

Does Kindle Pain only stack once?  Curious due to its current wording.

Kindle Pain:
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:02 pm

ZamuelNow wrote:Does Kindle Pain only stack once?  Curious due to its current wording.

Kindle Pain:

As I understand, it changes the flat value of Ongoing (ex.: Ongoing 1 would become Ongoing 6. Another Kindle Pain would increase that to Ongoing 11.)
It doesn't apply a condition to the creature that says "increase Ongoing Damage this creature suffers by 5."
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  SparkImpulse Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:30 pm

sunbeam wrote:I've been out of the loop for a few days. Is this robotic assistant a new piece of content or is it how you reflavored another summon?

Looking back, it seems it's part of Paper Shadow's combat expansion  Embarassed [+2], robot can offer 1d4 HP, as a [0] std-util.
SparkImpulse
SparkImpulse
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:38 pm

SparkImpulse wrote:
sunbeam wrote:I've been out of the loop for a few days. Is this robotic assistant a new piece of content or is it how you reflavored another summon?
Looking back, it seems it's part of Paper Shadow's combat expansion  :oops: [+2], robot can offer 1d4 HP, as a [0] std-util.
That's because my combat expansion is cool...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonu Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:04 pm

Not sure if it's already been asked but it has to do with the wording of certain UT's/racials/destinies: if you substitute/treat a roll with a 20 thanks to a UT/racial/destiny, can UT's/racials/destinies that state "You or one of your allies rolls a natural 20 on a skill check" still trigger?

Example 1: can you turn a nat1 with
All Awesome (3) - [1/Day]
Trigger - You roll a natural 1.
Effect - You may treat the result as if you had rolled a natural 20.

Into a 20 and then trigger
Attack The Day! (2) - [2/Day]
Trigger - You or one of your allies rolls a natural 20 on a skill check that is not their Expert/CM skill in
?

Example 2: you roll a nat1 and trade it out for a 20 that you have due to
I Make My Own Fate - Interrupt [3/Day]
Trigger - You make a skill check and dislike the result.
Effect - Treat the die as though you had rolled one of the stored die results. This expends the chosen roll. For example, if you rolled a natural 1 - you could trade it out for the natural 20 you were lucky enough to roll at the end of your last extended rest.

and then trigger Attack the day ?

Example 3: Same as above but with the level 10 Destiny feature of Explorer which says you don't have to roll the skill check and just take 20 instead.
----------------------------------------------------

Second question: if an enemy hits 0 hp, can you trigger both Animate Bone Mite and Rise for Me or is it 1 trigger, 1 combat talent?

Third question: what's the difference between dying, being destroyed and being sacrificed? (Mostly in regards to allies/conjurations)

Fourth question: do the Wise Fool combat traits extent to conjurations you made? Or only the dice that your character rolls?

Fifth question: Fire Giant's talents haven't been specified. I assume Blazing Blade and Meteor Smash are Standard Attacks but what with Chains of Fire? Guessing Utility but minor or standard?

Sixth question: does Zone of Truth also affect the caster or is he/she free to say whatever while others must speak true?
Demonu
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:58 pm

Quick Question: Is Form of the Reaper subject to various effects that lower PiP energy cost for conjurations? Also, why was the name changed from PiPs to energy?
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:15 pm

1) Please post the talents/traits/items in question, so we can see them for reference. Particular phrasing can mean a lot.

2) Basically, 'pips' is a nonsense term we stole from Wizard 101. It doesn't mean anything, unless you're talking about fruit seeds or dice spots, and non-gamers have no idea what it is. We just stole the term without thinking much about it. Energy, on the other hand, gives you an idea of what pips actually are - a measure of your remaining energy. Non-gamers know what energy is, and why running out of energy means you'll need to build it up again before doing anything big. It seemed a pretty solid terminology swap, like when we changed stunts to athletics and athetics to brawn. 

However, it's a *very* minor improvement, but it's seriously disoriented a lot of veteran players that like the term 'pips' and have gotten used to it - similar to if Magic the Gathering changed the term 'mana' to 'energy'. Sure, that's a slightly sillier example (mana means energy, it's not a nonsense word and it's a lot more pervasive in gamer culture) but it'd still throw me entirely despite it not changing the actual gameplay at all. It'd just feel *weird*.

So I expect we'll change it back to pips, but make it clear that pips are a measure of your energy in the rules text. That way new players have a slightly-improved way in and existing players don't feel as ruffled. Just need to go over it with Kindulas and Nehiel - it's been mad trying to talk to them both at once (all of us have crazy schedules).
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Ask a Simple Question - Get a Simple Answer - Page 36 Empty small suggustion, re: pips

Post  SparkImpulse Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:35 pm

you could amend the PHbook (which is a confusing term, btw ... is that players handbook or Pony Handler's book ?) to describe the use of energy pips ... counters for how much energy you have to spend on combat actions ... and leave/amend the combat descriptions to mention only pips.

This inserts the image of "energy" to those who need a better picture than a fiat currency (which, again, is my opinion on pips ... the fact the word doesn't mean anything doesn't matter because they don't represent anything either ... you just keep track of them), and leaves the single/plural noun in there so when you start counting energy you have a unit of measure, which is sensibly enough how they're measured in the somewhat compressed talent descriptions.
SparkImpulse
SparkImpulse
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:36 pm

SparkImpulse wrote:you could amend the PHbook (which is a confusing term, btw ... is that players handbook or Pony Handler's book ?) to describe the use of energy pips ... counters for how much energy you have to spend on combat actions ... and leave/amend the combat descriptions to mention only pips.

That's precisely what I'm talking about doing. =)
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:34 pm

The troublesome talent:
[-10] Form of the Reaper - Immediate Interrupt
Trigger - You would be reduced to 0 hp or less.
Effect - Your hp total becomes 13 instead. You may use Death’s Scythe immediately without spending the energy cost, even if you do not know that talent.
Death's Scythe being a Conjure Weapon talent.

Now, do things like:
Talisman of Weapons - 1000 Gold
Trinket
Once per battle, if you possess a Conjure Weapon combat talent, you may reduce the cost of the Conjure Weapon talent by 3 energy. This cannot reduce the cost to below 0.

Or:
Rabbit-Filled Hat - 3500 Gold
Trinket
Reduce the energy cost of talents you use to conjure creatures or weapons by 2 energy. The costs can’t be reduced to below 0.

Apply to Form of the Reaper?
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:36 pm

No problem.

Form of the Reaper isn't actually conjure a weapon - it just gives you the ability to use another talent that does conjure a weapon for free. Thus Form of the Reaper's cost isn't reduced by stuff that reduces the cost of conjure weapon talents.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:23 pm

Can an event count as two differently worded triggers? For example, if I take damage for the second time in a round can I activate
[-2] (Ye Broke Me Flask!) - Reaction Attack
Trigger - An enemy deals damage to you with an attack
Effect - Roll 1d4 and use the indicated effect
1) Deal 1d10 damage to the triggering creature
2) The triggering creature suffers 5 ongoing damage (save ends)
3) The triggering creature is weakened (save ends)
4) The triggering creature is blinded (save ends)
AND
[-3] (Against The Odds) - Immediate Reaction
Trigger - An enemy deals damage to you after another enemy has already dealt damage to you this round.
Effect - Deal 1d12 damage to each enemy that has damaged you this round. You gain 1d10 temporary hp.
Since their triggers are different? Or does the fact that a single event creates both triggers mean I can't?
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:30 am

For that matter, interupt is faster than reaction, isn't it? If someone uses a talent that damages an enemy when they attack someone else, then uses defender, the enemy doesn't take the damage, does he?
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next