Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Little Fantasy, Adventure is Magic!

+4
Retrokinesis
Z2
Grey Pen The Flawed
Whiteeyes
8 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

My Little Fantasy, Adventure is Magic! - Page 2 Empty Re: My Little Fantasy, Adventure is Magic!

Post  tygerburningbright Tue May 14, 2013 7:11 pm

kajisora wrote:"
"Now what are you loons shouting about anyway?"
"The Donkey Pegasus and Unicorn are from a different world! Isn't that so exciting?" Yuna hits her palm off her forhead. "Oh yea him! How could I forget about him! I have good news and bad news and then more good news. There is a true master of teleportation living inside of Ivlance but he lives as a hermit near Badhal an outpost on the edge of the Great Desert which is like a long walk away but once we get there it will be easy for me to find him.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

My Little Fantasy, Adventure is Magic! - Page 2 Empty Re: My Little Fantasy, Adventure is Magic!

Post  Retrokinesis Wed May 15, 2013 12:53 am

"Yes, a pegasus. That is what I am". Keep it smooth and you'll be fine, Pel. "Wait... you know what a pegasus is? And a donkey? And a unicorn? Does that mean you have those here? Are there things other than... what was it, moogles and viera?"

She certainly wasn't showing any signs of slowing down. "What's Badhal? Are there other masters of obscure arcane disciplines there? Why is the Great Desert great? Is that a size descriptor or something else?" Pel pokes the other moogle's antenna too, just to make sure it bounces as well.
Retrokinesis
Retrokinesis
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  kajisora Wed May 15, 2013 9:57 am

"Oy. personal space, kid. That's an err.. ere... sensitive spot!"
"And yeah, plenty o' ponies around these parts."
Pom walks up to the three newcomers, and gives each a good poke in the side.
"They seem plenty normal ta me. Ya sure they're not just nuts?"
kajisora
kajisora
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Z2 Wed May 15, 2013 12:12 pm

"If we are normal, then we are not nuts. If we seem logical to you, then that should increase the odds of you believing us... Also, what was that you said about not dying of old age?"
Z2
Z2
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Wed May 15, 2013 1:42 pm

"See the armor?" Tamlin answered for him, rapping a knuckle on his breastplate. "He's a Mog Knight, kupo! Professional warrior type."
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Location : In the kitchen, at the table, or in my room drawing...

Back to top Go down

Post  Z2 Wed May 15, 2013 2:02 pm

Looking equal parts relieved and disappointed that he isn't talking to some manner of ageless race, Capron continues...
"Oh... So you're expecting a violent death then?" He stumbles oddly on the word violent. "You don't seem very confident if you are taking unnatural death as a given..."
Z2
Z2
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  kajisora Wed May 15, 2013 2:44 pm

"Yer bein here and bein normal physically, i'm not disagreein with.
Just seems more likely that yer crazy than from another world."
Pom pauses for a minute.
"'s for death... I've seen plenty of it. You don't EXPECT to die of old age in my line o' work. Odds just don't favor it"

((OOC Edit: I am assuming that permanent death is a very real possibility in Ivalice/lance? if not, i'll edit))
kajisora
kajisora
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Z2 Wed May 15, 2013 3:49 pm

"Well, if you assume we're crazy, then there's nowhere useful our relationship can go. And if you assume you'll not live to old age, then you have no motivation to plan for it... So for pragmatism's sake let's assume we're sane, from another world, and possibly in need of help, and you shouldn't take a painful death for granted."
Z2
Z2
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  kajisora Wed May 15, 2013 4:22 pm

"Pheh. Idealist." Pom mutters under his breath.
"Sure enough ya need help. Specially if yer going into the desert. There's monsters out there, not to menion the less... friendly clans."
He pauses for a moment.
"I can help ya there, my last contract just ended. Don't work for free though."
kajisora
kajisora
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Wed May 15, 2013 4:28 pm

Retrokinesis wrote:"Yes, a pegasus. That is what I am". Keep it smooth and you'll be fine, Pel. "Wait... you know what a pegasus is? And a donkey? And a unicorn? Does that mean you have those here? Are there things other than... what was it, moogles and viera?"

She certainly wasn't showing any signs of slowing down. "What's Badhal? Are there other masters of obscure arcane disciplines there? Why is the Great Desert great? Is that a size descriptor or something else?" .

Yes there are all those things here too er I had better list everything and just see what isn't over in your place too... There are Earth ponies kinda sure you have those Zebras like Earth Ponies only stripy Griffons part bird part cat Hippogriffs what you get by mixing a Pony and a Griffon Dragons Great big winged lizards never met one myself Humes well they are er it is kind of hard to make a generalization about them but er not at all like a rabbit Bangaa are well a lot like dragons only with big ears no wings and a lot smaller and some have hair Mithra are well a lot like me but only cat like Nu Mou look kind of like a dog that stands on their hind legs but dry hard skin and they all act really old like really old. Um I think that is all of the major races that you would find I might be missing a few. Now Bedhal is an town near the Great Desert I don't know why it is there or why any one would live in a place like that. I don't know and give me a sec.

roll:

kajisora wrote:"Pheh. Idealist." Pom mutters under his breath.
"Sure enough ya need help. Specially if yer going into the desert. There's monsters out there, not to menion the less... friendly clans."
He pauses for a moment.
"I can help ya there, my last contract just ended. Don't work for free though."

"Well what do you work for?" Yuna then leans down to look the Moogle in the eyes." Oh and don't think your the only one who can fight. Dang it I can't be intimidating to some thing that is soo cute!"
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Z2 Wed May 15, 2013 4:29 pm

@Pom
"Is the opportunity to discover passage into a world that takes the right for even its soldiers to live into old age not a tempting enough payment?"
Z2
Z2
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Whiteeyes Wed May 15, 2013 6:58 pm

((Yep, permanent violent death is a real possibility.))

The Great Dessert, called so as it's the size of the entire Kingdom of Ivalance. A vast stretch of inhospitable sand, whipping winds, feral monsters, and worse. The only people who live out there are bandits, mercenaries, and those willing to risk the harsh conditions to search for mithral, a very rare and magical ore worth twenty times its weight in gold. A good sized ore stone could bring in as much as five thousand Gil.
Whiteeyes
Whiteeyes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Wed May 15, 2013 7:36 pm

"Oh bad very bad" Yuna starts to pace around in a circle. "the desert is very big like size of a kingdom big. And it isn't nice at all monsters and horrible weather and filled with bandits sell-swords and treasure hunters well the last one isn't that bad but I doubt that they would think twice before robbing you and leaving you for dead. The only good thing there is some magic rock that you can make a lot of money off of."
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  kajisora Wed May 15, 2013 8:15 pm

Z2 wrote:@Pom
"Is the opportunity to discover passage into a world that takes the right for even its soldiers to live into old age not a tempting enough payment?"

"Depends. Are ye setting up a toll booth, and what's my cut?"
kajisora
kajisora
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Retrokinesis Wed May 15, 2013 9:21 pm

"I am clearly a pegasus so we have those. We have unicorns as well although, as a pegasus, I'm not one of them. Earth ponies too. And zebras. And griffons. And hippogriffs. Oh and dragons as well, though I've never met one personally. I'm fairly certain we don't have humes, or bangaa, or mithra, or nu mou. Or you and your associates here".

She rambles for a moment before stopping herself, "Wait, what was that about a magic rock? A valuable one? What properties does it possess? Speaking of valuable, what form of currency do you use here?"

Retrokinesis
Retrokinesis
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Wed May 15, 2013 9:40 pm

"I'm not exactly sure what it does do... here and well everywhere uses Gil don't think about what it is made out of 'cause for some reason monsters tend to leave a lot of it behind even if they had nothing to carry it in."
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Thu May 16, 2013 8:16 pm

"Yeah, it's weird, kupo. I think what happens is they eat the lesser adventurers who can't hack it out there, and the shiny coins are all that survive the digestion process. Kinda gross, really," Tamlin shuddered at the thought, not realising he was probably scaring the ponies. "But what do you do, kupo? Buuut, I think I can help with traveling arrangements if nothing else."

With that, he stuck two fingers in his mouth and whistled, long and loud and clear...

Call Animal:
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Fri May 17, 2013 12:29 am

"Traveling arrangements would be most agreeable and most welcome. However, if this is a desert, shall we have proper raiment and inventory to withstand the elements?"
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  kajisora Fri May 17, 2013 11:53 am

Pom sighs.
"Ohh well. Don't have anything better to do in this town anyway. Can't let a couple a kids go into the desert by themselves I guess."
he pauses for a moment.
"Oh, and i'm claiming an equal share of whatever loot we find out there. Ain't risking my skin for nothing."
kajisora
kajisora
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Fri May 17, 2013 4:54 pm

Yuna starts poking her pointer fingers together. "Um I really really hate being the one bringing this thing up but well do any of us have any Gil to buy supplies with...?"
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Whiteeyes Fri May 17, 2013 7:04 pm

At that though, about two dozen very large yellow birds come rushing into the aley from both sides, making sounds of "bwarrrk", "bweee", and "byuu", with the larger ones making the deeper sounds, though small in this case was about five feet tall at the shoulder, while the largest were eight feet. In addition, several had saddle packs on, another was pulling a watermelon cart, and two had riders present. A young Hume scholar holding onto a scroll satchel with one hand while the other clings to his mounts rather long neck. The other is a large armored Bangaa...wearing the livery of the city guard. "Oi! What we got 'ere? Gang of 'Bo rustlers eh?"
Whiteeyes
Whiteeyes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Fri May 17, 2013 8:18 pm

Yuna adopts her most practiced look of innocence. "Oh no not at all officer. My little moogle friend was calling some of his wild Chocobo friends to give us a little help with getting these poor lost unfortunate souls back to their homes... It turns out that he is a bit too good at being a beastmaster. Hey Chocobos if you have an owner you can go home."

rolls:
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Sat May 18, 2013 4:32 pm

Tamlin face palmed, partially at the Viera's attempt at animal speech and partially at his own lack of foresight. "Yes, that's right, kupo. Didn't mean for all of these to come, sorry." He began making some trilling sounds to calm the birds down, and started sorting them the wilds from the tames.

<Okay, kupo!> He began, once they were settled. <Those of you who were busy, like you with the cart, can go back to that, and I'm sorry for wasting your time. BUUUT,> He paused to take a breath. It had been a while since he had trilled this loud. <I need five or six of you free ones to help us out for a while, kupo. We've got a looong trip to the desert, for, umm...> He paused to take another breath as he wondered what to say. <Cake! Help us get where we're going, kupo, and there will be seed cakes when we get there! The best seed cakes EVER! Kupo!> He put on his biggest smile for the wild animals, hoping they would buy his blatant lie...

Persuasion:
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Whiteeyes Sat May 18, 2013 7:23 pm

While the chocobo can understand the Viera, they don't seem to interested in listening to her. After all they were magically compelled to be here, and they don't get why "owner" should make a difference. Tamlin's speech on the other paw works quite well, though what exactly he said only he, Yuna, and the 'Bo know. Still, once they'd all cleared about, only four chocobo were left. Unfortunately one of those belonged to the scholar, still clinging to his mount, and another to the guardsman who's looking on with a critical eye. "Right den. Seems like it were a magic accident 'ere. Don't be callin' like dat agin' in a city, ya fuzz puff. Yer' lucky I'm in a right generous mood today." he grunts as he turns his mount about and leaves.

"Um, excuse me? I couldn't help but wonder, what were you calling chocobo for anyway? the young Hume asks, swinging himself down slowly from his saddle and adjusting his satchel.
Whiteeyes
Whiteeyes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Sat May 18, 2013 8:26 pm

Tamlin ignored the Hume, being too out of breath to bother. Instead he looked at the two that had remained. Two chocobos between six would not do. He trilled rather quietly.

<So! Do you two have names, kupo?> He asked politely as he looked them over with a keen eye.

Perception:
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next