Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rainbow Factories: where have all the players gone? (considering investigators)

+9
susan23027
tygerburningbright
Golmorgoth
Seiko
Zkin
Zarhon
Hayatecooper
AProcrastinatingWriter
SparkImpulse
13 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Rainbow Factories: where have all the players gone? (considering investigators) - Page 5 Empty Re: Rainbow Factories: where have all the players gone? (considering investigators)

Post  mjh6 Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:27 am

I'm still here at least! Hoping we can continue as well:heart: 
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Rainbow Factories: where have all the players gone? (considering investigators) - Page 5 Empty Re: Rainbow Factories: where have all the players gone? (considering investigators)

Post  ZamuelNow Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:19 pm

@SparkImpulse: Contemplating joining and working on a build right now.  You may want to split up narration and mechanics in some of your posts.  Also, be wary of putting words in players' mouth since there's any number of ways a player may interpret things. BTW, should we have combat items?

@mjh6: Is the Starsong in your character's backstory a reference to the MLP G3 character?
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:28 pm

Why, yes! I don't know that much about G3, but I know some things about the characters and stuff, and I knew Starsong was a pegasus singer, and I knew the other members of Meadowlark's group were pegasi as well. i was wondering if anyone would catch that.
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  SparkImpulse Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:51 am

ZamuelNow wrote:You may want to split up narration and mechanics in some of your posts.  Also, be wary of putting words in players' mouth since there's any number of ways a player may interpret things.  BTW, should we have combat items?
My apologies if I ended up confusing people. I'm used to a literal tabletop, where it would be both awkward and confusing to try and maintain a separation. But, this is a strength of PbP.
That post-on-her-behalf thing was a specific circumstance with a couple of layers and I wanted to offer an expedient route as well as an optimal response. Anyway, I'm happy with how it all turned out.

Combat items: From a pure story perspective, it doesn't really make sense ... I guess it will depend a bit on your character's backstory, on how badly you want to start with this item ... and how impatient you are. Meadowlark will be buying equipment after this dust-up ... it would make a kind of sense for your diner to do the same.

I'll leave it up to you. What're you working on, if I may ask even before you're done ...?

Last edited by SparkImpulse on Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:51 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : clarity. Claritin not so much.)
SparkImpulse
SparkImpulse
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:45 pm

SparkImpulse wrote:Combat items: From a pure story perspective, it doesn't really make sense ... I guess it will depend a bit on your character's backstory, on how badly you want to start with this item ... and how impatient you are. Meadowlark will be buying equipment after this dust-up ... it would make a kind of sense for your diner to do the same.
I have a tendency towards reflavoring combat items but it's up to you as GM.  The one I'd most want for the moment would be:

Running Shoes - 500 Gold
Trinket
You have a +1 bonus to movement speed.
I'll leave it up to you. What're you working on, if I may ask even before you're done ...?
Technically still need to add flavor to combat but here's Sharp Wit, Diamond Dog mystery writer.

Also, the lack of grid lines bugged me: Map
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Rainbow Factories: where have all the players gone? (considering investigators) - Page 5 Empty a good start, Zamual

Post  SparkImpulse Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:11 pm

Shoes: completely reasonable. And well chosen to go with the bowler hat, I'm sure.

Sharp Wit: again, a very good start. No surprise since you've been here awhile but yes, he'll do nicely.

Map with lines: my first thought is the grid looks a bit too tight. I'll try to re-do it tonight, so they can have labels too. If I haven't done that by the time we have enough players, we'll use yours.
SparkImpulse
SparkImpulse
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:15 pm

The map was admittedly quickly tossed together since there's a number of places where the grid lines don't line up.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:24 pm

So, how many players are we looking for here? just curious.
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  SparkImpulse Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:09 pm

I can do it with three ( I think ) but four or five should be able to take up slack when people are away from their computers without breaking the story's flow. Two players ... is likely going to be a bit beyond my storytelling prowess.

Whew. My RL horses are shod so I should be able to look at that map soon.

Edit: Here you go.

That ... is a large restaurant. I probably should have made it be a smaller room. I'll remember that for next time.

Last edited by SparkImpulse on Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:40 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : New Map Link)
SparkImpulse
SparkImpulse
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:28 pm

Map size probably depends on what you want to happen in the fight. Movement and lack thereof would really affect a scenario.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikari Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:27 am

Hey, I heard you guys were still recruiting. Is this true? Please PM me if so.
Ikari
Ikari
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  SparkImpulse Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:15 pm

ah, a new person. Yes Ikari if this campaign hasn't died it's still recruiting.
SparkImpulse
SparkImpulse
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5