Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventures in Saint-Trotez - On Set (Episodes 3 - 6)

+3
Fury of the Tempest
Paper Shadow
Colter Bolt
7 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

Adventures in Saint-Trotez - On Set (Episodes 3 - 6) - Page 20 Empty Re: Adventures in Saint-Trotez - On Set (Episodes 3 - 6)

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:55 pm

"Fair enough," Aces said, getting up from the booth and laying down enough bits to pay for exactly half the meal - he'd go for full, but he only had a certain amount in his bit bag and, hay, drinks. "Give me the address, I'll go ge' the alcohol, and then we'll be talking within the hour."
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Adventures in Saint-Trotez - On Set (Episodes 3 - 6) - Page 20 Empty Re: Adventures in Saint-Trotez - On Set (Episodes 3 - 6)

Post  Paper Shadow Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:02 pm

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:"Fair enough," Aces said, getting up from the booth and laying down enough bits to pay for exactly half the meal - he'd go for full, but he only had a certain amount in his bit bag and, hay, drinks. "Give me the address, I'll go ge' the alcohol, and then we'll be talking within the hour."
"Great," responds Heat Sink, a happy look in his exposed eye. "I'm at the Horseshoe Hotel, Room 403. I'll see you there." The pegasus flies over to where he placed his umbrella and tries awkwardly to hold it in his hooves. The process takes a while, and the two tough ponies leave in the meantime, walking around the bandaged pony as he fiddles about. Eventually, he gets a good hold on it, opens it outside, lifts it above his head and flies outside...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:18 pm

Snipe glances at Struck for a moment. "Keep these guys safe" Before flying out in the rain, glancing around for the two gruff ponies. His guard training getting the better of him. ((6+14=20 to track the ponies in the rain.))
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:55 pm

LoganAura wrote:Snipe glances at Struck for a moment. "Keep these guys safe" Before flying out in the rain, glancing around for the two gruff ponies. His guard training getting the better of him. ((6+14=20 to track the ponies in the rain.))
The rain is pretty heavy, but fortunately the ponies are sticking to the side, gaining shelter thanks to thinks like awnings and whatnot, and thus can be seen walking up the street...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:03 pm

"I guess I'll have to talk to you later Aces, through its the same offer I extended to Necar if you overheard." Storm Blade remarked before quickly following Snipe outside.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:08 pm

Snipe waves storm off. "It's just a hunch, and I doubt it's actually anything.: Before flying a bit of a ways above the street, keeping an eye on the stallions.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:16 pm

Storm Blade continued to follow, saying. "I tend to trust a hunch. Besides, a sniper should have someone to keep people of him, and I just happen to specialize in that."
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:37 pm

"See ya round," Aces said to the passing guard as he exited the store with a mechanical clank, or perhaps a thwump. He then proceeded to the nearest seller of alcoholic beverages, followed by another pit stop by a general goods store...

...and then, perhaps too suddenly, he was knocking on the door the pegasus had given him*, waiting on an answer. These drinks were getting heavy.

*:
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:36 pm

(Still waiting to know what Necrar is doing, but until then, time skiiiip...)

Snipe and Storm, you follow the tough ponies through the rain until they enter some building at the dock district. The pair enter the unnamed building through a side entrance...

Sparks, you return to work, and tonight you are watching over the Town Hall. In front of the town hall, you see an heavily armoured carriage and its pullers getting ready to leave, with Golden Wall watching over and going over details with the staff involved...

Aces, you aren't interrupted on your quest, although a quick glance at the Horseshoe Hotel's gift shop in the lobby reveal where Heat Sink bought his umbrella, as minor as that tidbit is. After knocking on the door, the bandaged pony opens it and greets you in his robotic voice. "Ah good, you found your way here. Come in."
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:10 pm

Aces steps inside, taking a look around. "Nice place you have here," he said, disregarding whether that was actually true. "Let's see, go' some Apple Family Cider, some Roll in the Hay, a bi' of Horseshoe (that's my personal favorite), and some motor oil. Pick your poison."
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:50 pm

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:Aces steps inside, taking a look around. "Nice place you have here," he said, disregarding whether that was actually true. "Let's see, go' some Apple Family Cider, some Roll in the Hay, a bi' of Horseshoe (that's my personal favorite), and some motor oil. Pick your poison."
"I'll take the Family Cider, thanks. Just put it on the table for me, and close the door behind you please," replies the pegasus as he begins to head into the kitchen area of the room and starts removing his bandages. The room is in good condition, so the pony is either neat or hasn't been here for long. Something that draws your eye is a large toolbox which has been opened and laid out over the table...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:18 pm

Paper Shadow wrote:
Sparks, you return to work, and tonight you are watching over the Town Hall. In front of the town hall, you see an heavily armored carriage and its pullers getting ready to leave, with Golden Wall watching over and going over details with the staff involved...
Sparks walks up to Golden Wall quickly salutes and then waits for him to finish talking with the staff. " Sir what's going right now? Is a... VIP or an Item going to be moved out of here?"
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:54 am

After doing what is asked of him (and popping open a can of Horseshoe) Aces takes a look inside the toolbox. He doesn't touch anything - not quite up to the level of "go through their stuff" on the paranoia-meter yet - but what's in plain sight is in plain sight.

Spoiler:
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:14 am

tygerburningbright wrote:Sparks walks up to Golden Wall quickly salutes and then waits for him to finish talking with the staff. " Sir what's going right now? Is a... VIP or an Item going to be moved out of here?"  
The Captain gives you a polite nod as you arrive. "We found evidence that a prisoner has friends on the outside who are planning on breaking her free, and judging by what we know both parties are capable of doing, we'd rather she wasn't free, so we are sending the criminal to a different prison," Golden Wall tells you...

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:
Spoiler:
(To be fair, you did take Derp...)

Clearly you are already so drunk that you can't even see things right in front of you. What a lightweight. But seriously, you don't see anything of note, it's just a toolbox with a ton of tools that are uses to put things together and take them apart...

Heat Sink returns from the kitchen area of the room with a straw and his bandages off. Apart from the exposed eye, his entire head is covered in metal, although it isn't just one fixture, but rather split into panels. Heat Sink opens the cider, sticks the straw in it, and begins to drink, the panels around the area the mouth is opening slightly to allow the straw through...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:07 am

Snipe sidles his way into the door, peeking in and then dashing quietly to the first available spot he sees that he can hide and watch.

Spoiler:
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:14 pm

LoganAura wrote:
Spoiler:
...Is what Snipe would have done had the ponies not locked the door behind them, although peeking through the keyhole reveals a staircase to a lower underground floor...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:14 pm

"Sho," says Aces, figuring he'd better not talk too much until certain subroutines in his arm have done their job (must be slow to boot up today; explains the lightweight he's feeling like), "Youuu tell me yer shtory, and I te-hell you mine." Another sip.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:12 pm

"You wouldn't happen to have anyway to pick a lock, would you?" Storm Blade asked, even as he began to look around the building. Looking for any other ways in. A open window perhaps, or maybe another door. Okay, the latter was unlikely, but still... "Then again, I'm not sure if I should accompany you into the building... you could pass as a nosy little colt, and will probably just be sent outside. I can't."

Perception check:
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:01 pm

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:"Sho," says Aces, figuring he'd better not talk too much until certain subroutines in his arm have done their job (must be slow to boot up today; explains the lightweight he's feeling like), "Youuu tell me yer shtory, and I te-hell you mine." Another sip.
Heat Sink takes a seat. "Well," he begins, "I'm a... was a firefighter stationed at Trottingham. I hadn't been on the job for long, just a month or two, but there was a very nasty fire breaking out, and the team I was on was dispatched to make sure everypony was out of the buildings that were on fire. We were trained to be careful, but when I lost my helmet, I started to panic, and the flames just..." Even in your drunken haze, you can see the pony begins to shake slightly, his eye staring into nothingness and starting to tear up...

Fury of the Tempest wrote:"You wouldn't happen to have anyway to pick a lock, would you?" Storm Blade asked, even as he began to look around the building. Looking for any other ways in. A open window perhaps, or maybe another door. Okay, the latter was unlikely, but still... "Then again, I'm not sure if I should accompany you into the building... you could pass as a nosy little colt, and will probably just be sent outside. I can't."

Perception check:
The building, two stories tall, has a front door and windows, but looking through it all reveal no one inside in open offices in the building. It looks like this door leads to a separate isolated part of the building, most likely underground...

Meanwhile, Necrar arrives at the graveyard. The grass is very, very muddy from all the rain...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:09 pm

"Interesting... why is there a side entrance to an underground structure?" Storm Blade mussed after he made this discovery, before turning to Snipe, and stating. "Okay, I can think of a few options. We see if you can sneak in, while stick around the general area. If you find anything suspicious, come and report to me and try not to get into a fight. You are a young colt and a sniper, so the closed areas of the building will probably be bad conditions for you to fight. Or, you can go in alone, while I got to talk to the owner of the restaurant. Or we could leave this building, and double-check on the restaurant owner together. If we get anything from him, then we can come back here, or go to the hall and see if we can get any reinforcements, or leave this all together. What do you think?"
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:33 pm

His brain wasn't firing on all cylinders at the moment, or maybe it was better to say the cylinders were all firing but weren't quite in their proper positions, but Aces had spent a lifetime reading people. It was about time, he'd wager, to change the subject, or at least steer it somewhere later in the story. "Sho how'd you 'fford the operashun, then? Las' I checked, fireponies wasn' exactly rolling in bits..." He sniffled a bit.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:53 pm

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:His brain wasn't firing on all cylinders at the moment, or maybe it was better to say the cylinders were all firing but weren't quite in their proper positions, but Aces had spent a lifetime reading people. It was about time, he'd wager, to change the subject, or at least steer it somewhere later in the story. "Sho how'd you 'fford the operashun, then? Las' I checked, fireponies wasn' exactly rolling in bits..." He sniffled a bit.
"My family owns a number of large successful businesses," answers Heat Sink. "My parents want to see me happy, which is why they allowed my to follow my dream of becoming a firefighter while my brothers were happy with running the businesses, and why they went looking for some way to stop the endless pain I was in, and when they found out about the operation they paid for it in full. I remember after the operation, my head didn't burn any more, and I was so happy, but I could tell my family was horrified when they saw me." The pony rubs his eye a bit. "But we move on. I do everything I can to pay them back, for both the first operation and the upkeep needed. Currently I do secretary work. Hidden storage compartments works wonders for holding important information."

"What about yourself?"
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Colter Bolt Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:41 pm

I wonder how Scruff is doing. Necrar thinks as he walks to his "resting place." Opening the mausoleum door, he calls out "Scruffy, I'm back!" He quickly closes the door.

Last edited by Colter Bolt on Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Colter Bolt
Colter Bolt
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:42 pm

Paper Shadow wrote:"We found evidence that a prisoner has friends on the outside who are planning on breaking her free, and judging by what we know both parties are capable of doing, we'd rather she wasn't free, so we are sending the criminal to a different prison," Golden Wall tells you...
Sparks nods in response. " I see. Is there anything I can do to help?"
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:30 pm

Snipe twitches slightly at the door ((And I ooc twitch slightly for wasting those good rolls but whatever. I should've checked the door first.)) Snipe holds out his wings and sighs. "As much as I'd love to pluck a feather and use that, I'm still a pegasus and I'd need to preen to do that at least. I just... Gah."

"Seriously wish I could use shadow magic or SOMETHING to mess with the tumblers in this lock right here. Or I had a silencer and could just shoot out the lock."

"You stop by the restaurant. I need to get some supplies from the armory." Snipe flaps his wings, giving the other a small salute before flying out to the restaurant to pick up Struck and head over to the armory.

What I'm doing in character:
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next