Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Expansions - New Content - Post your favorites here

+28
Pingcode
deonte9109
Caden2112
Mind Gamer
LoganAura
Doc pseudopolis
thematthew
Z2
Cardbo
AlicornPriest
sunbeam
Quietkal
Kenzamaka
Azureink
Philadelphus
Nehiel Mori
Fury of the Tempest
Dusk Raven
Paper Shadow
Hayatecooper
A1C Bronymous
Xel Unknown
Kindulas
kajisora
Ramsus
ZamuelNow
Zarhon
Stairc -Dan Felder
32 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

New Expansions - New Content - Post your favorites here - Page 3 Empty Re: New Expansions - New Content - Post your favorites here

Post  Kindulas Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:02 am

Dusk Raven wrote:
Bronymous wrote:On the new stuff in that link- Prepare spell is probably the most useful thing I've seen (trumping Gather Energy), and I can't imagine many future builds will not have that (don't know about working it in to current ones). Heartseeker, though, appears to be supremely inferior to Furious Rage, which costs the same- unbloodied there is only a 4 pt discrepancy between potential damage outputs in favor of Heartseeker, but a whole 12 points the other way when bloodied. So unless you can manage never being bloodied, Furious Rage just seems like a much more economical choice.

And you shouldn't use that as an excuse to nerf Furious Rage. That's bad parenting.

On top of that, it makes Sense Weakness even less useful, as it takes the enemy having vulnerability to deal 3d8 while Heartseeker can routinely deal 2d12.

As per Prepare Spell - I agree with Bronymous in its usefulness, to the point where I think it eclipses Open Options (if OO was even useful to begin with).

To be fair, Exploit Weakness's 3d8 IS more powerful than 2d12 - given we calculate by average damage. They have the same max damage, granted, but on average 3d8 will do 1.5 more damage. I know it's not a lot, but if you can reliably use it to deal more average damage that you would with Heartseeker, it's still a viable option for min/maxing.

Last edited by Kindulas on Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Kindulas
Kindulas
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

New Expansions - New Content - Post your favorites here - Page 3 Empty Re: New Expansions - New Content - Post your favorites here

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:06 am

More chances to crit too, come to think of it.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:38 am

@ Mini combat-expansion stuff:

Prepare spell is amazing. It's pretty much a must for anyone focusing their build on the d12 Wild Lighting special move, and allows synergy with Dangerously Talented (or allows you to avoid needing it).

There's also a very close similarity between "Meditate" and "Heartseeker", as far as effect gained and cost goes. How do the two compare?
- same total damage (2d12, split over 2 attacks for "Meditate").
- similar "time cost" (both are standards, and though "Meditate" needs another two attacks afterwards, that's less of a drawback and more of a bonus, since it allows combos), slightly different cost, and "Meditate" can affect 2-target abilities.
- 1 Pip cost difference.
- Meditate can affect 2-target abilities, allowing for a (very minor) AOE effect.

Also, unless I'm mistaken, wizards already have "fireball". Aren't they missing "magic missile" or "iceblast"? Very Happy 

@ "Discussion Thread" stuff: Do you want me to make a extra "Errata"/"Expansion Suggestions" thread? Or maybe just a "Submissions only" thread (no discussions, just posting the suggested talents (and any edits made afterwards), to make it simpler to keep track of them when its tim to choose)?
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:21 pm

I like this idea. I like it a lot.

Don't mind putting up my suggestion for a Combat Talent, do you?

[-7] Sentinel's Shield - Minor Utility
You conjure a Sentinel Shield in your hands. You can dismiss the Sentinel Shield as a free action. While you are wielding a Sentinel Shield, you cannot use your normal combat talents. Instead you may use the combat talents below.

Trait - Protector’s Vow
Whenever you use a Standard or Minor talent, select one ally, they gain an Guardian Mark until the start of your next turn on the next round.

[+3] Bunker Down - Standard Utility
Gain Resist 3 until the end of your next turn, and heal 3 HP

[+1] Shield Smash - Standard Attack
Deal 1d10 damage to target creature, if roll and 8 or more, then the creature is stunned until the end of their next turn.

[-1] Draining Shield - Minor Attack
Deal 1d8 damage to target enemy, and target ally gains that much health.

[-2] Super Defender - Immediate Interrupt
Trigger – An ally is targeted by an attack.
Affect: The triggering attack hits you instead. If target ally has a Guardian Mark, you may remove that mark to increase your Resist by 2 for this attack

[-3] Absorb - Immediate Interrupt
Trigger - Multiple Allies with Guardian Marks would be hit by the same attack
Effect: Remove all Guardian Marks on target allies, then the attack hits you instead, The attack is treated as multiple attacks.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:26 am

When exactly does the week reset for submissions? Is it the moment each expansion comes out or a specific day? I can see specifying a day since it gives a cooldown period for revamping and feedback as opposed to just immediately reposting an idea that didn't get in.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:45 am

Feedback is always good.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:37 pm

I like the cooldown period of a day actually. Sure, new week begins the moment Saturday ends.

Kindulas has suggested moving this earlier in the week too, so people have more time to incorporate the expansion's element sinto their builds before weekend RPG games if they like
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

New Expansions - New Content - Post your favorites here - Page 3 Empty Expansion Pack - 7/12/13

Post  Kindulas Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:25 am

Kindulas
Kindulas
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:26 am

Permission to see the doc would be nice. Very Happy
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:27 am

About time a mod of this forum does such a mistake like that. XD
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Kindulas Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:53 am

I am good at things
Kindulas
Kindulas
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Nehiel Mori Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:10 am

We do that so much with eachother. "Hey Kin can I take a look at this doc?"
"Yeah sure Nehiel!"
"....soooo.... how about sharing it..."
Nehiel Mori
Nehiel Mori
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:07 am

What time is it?

Feedback time!

- Yay, my thing is in! I'm a bit curious as to how one would manage the "unattached" limbs or organs getting damaged, though (e.g. your eyeball getting crushed/eaten by something), details like whether the damage is heal-able with ordinary heal checks, whether damage auto-regenerates after a while, or has other such fail-safes to prevent a player getting permanently crippled by accident / being careless.

- "Reloader's" awesomeness depends on how/whether it functions with with "cost-reducers" or "activate without paying" effects that can bring a talent below the required trigger limit, as it allows nifty new combos and synergy (wild lightning d12 builds and cost-reduced conjurations), but even if it doesn't it's still a decent, not-too-pricey pick. Both "Reloaders" are also fairly superior to the pricey "Amulet of Adrenaline", as far as effect goes, and even better if you can combine the two.

- "Demonscale" is pretty awesome, a VERY nice option for any characters that benefit from "keeping" save ends effects on themselves (for handicap traits, or "transfer afflictions to enemy", or other exploitative purposes where you don't want to make a save.

- "Stepping Stones" are pretty nifty for an enchantment! No complaints!

- "Really Sharp Sword" is a pretty good "filler weapon" talent, now that is has more charges/no cost. Smile 
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:04 am

Mind of its own should probably be capitalized to Mind of Its Own
Stepping Stones mixes between customary and metric. Either is fine but it seems like a mildly odd choice to have both measurements in the same talent.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:10 am

When something reduces the cost of one of your talents, it genuinely reduces the cost for all intents and purposes. You pay less for it and things that care about costs treat it as the reduced cost. So you can't use Talisman of Weapons or Rabbit-Filled-Hat to lower weapon costs below 6 or 7 respectively and then get value off reloader. However, things that just let you use it without paying the cost - such as Derpy's Lightning - can trigger reloader as it's currently written. After all, the move still COSTS a lot of pips - even if you didn't pay them.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:46 am

So I'm happy that I got my name in there and finally contributed beyond that one random trait, but... I mean, it's not at all what I suggested. Reaction vs Minor in Advance, Item(s. 2 Items for 4000 gold) vs Talent, Base Value vs mathmatics, the conditions are different, the effect is different...

Also, the way that it works, I now have two combat builds that require major overhaul from that alone.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:55 am

If you want, we can take your name off the items. We usually take a core idea (here it was gaining pips back after using a big move) and then find the way that we feel works best for balance, elegance and execution. We like to be generous with credit, but if it's too different from what you had planned, we can absolutely remove your name if you'd prefer.

On the other hand, if you want to explain any specific objections you have to the changes, that'd be great to get feedback on.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:09 am

Well with mine the core theme wasn't gaining pips back after a big move, it was gaining pips back after any move, or series of moves, that left you completely drained, to get you back in the fight faster. That's why mine required having very few pips, AND to have spent a lot that turn to maximize effectiveness. It could have been a standard/reaction (or played off lightning reflexes or gather energy for more) that totaled spending 8 pips, and you would have gotten back 3, or just drop 9 pips on one big move, and still gotten them. With this one, only a big hitter (or big healer, or whatever role), can benefit, not the comboers- AND they can get up to say 12 pips (turn 2), spend 7 on something big, gain 5 back, and line up another big hit the very next turn, and even a third if played right. That's why mine had the low Pip requirement.

But if that's not where this is going, then I think I'll keep my name on the current one. Makes me feel special.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:15 am

Ok, guess I can suggest more now.

Trait
Nuke Em!
After using a Standard action that costs 7 or more pips, gain 2 pips.

and something from my Skill Support thread that seemed to be something I've seen at least one person ask for.

Utility
If You Want Something Done Right...
If you roll to aid someone else's roll and you get a higher roll result, you may choose to swap the roll results. (Note: Just roll results, not bonuses, etc.)
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:55 am

I have to say. I really like Really Sharp Sword. For 500 gold, being able to ignore resistance 3 times per battle is - to me - an awesome effect.

I see were Bronymass is coming through... having the reloader be when you spent a high amount of PiP's in one turn instead of one action would be nice. Through that might end up being a bit too powerful...

I do have a question about the submissions though. If our previous submission was not in the update, do we have to resubmit it in order for it to be considered for the next expansion?
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  kajisora Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:21 pm

Huh, didn't get an update message....

Yayy, Stones is in! Hadn't thought about adding it to Enchantments... that does fit really well.
EDIT: yeah, the metric/US units thing is a bit confusing.... 30cm-1m would be about 1-3 feet I think

I foresee Mind being used to hilarious, effective and at least slightly disgusting effect..... ^^
kajisora
kajisora
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Kindulas Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:38 pm

Fury of the Tempest wrote:I have to say. I really like Really Sharp Sword. For 500 gold, being able to ignore resistance 3 times per battle is - to me - an awesome effect.

I see were Bronymass is coming through... having the reloader be when you spent a high amount of PiP's in one turn instead of one action would be nice. Through that might end up being a bit too powerful...

I do have a question about the submissions though. If our previous submission was not in the update, do we have to resubmit it in order for it to be considered for the next expansion?

We do keep old submissions in mind but we prioritize new submissions - so if you really want something, it really helps to resubmit it, but if you just want to keep throwing various things out, it's not impossible we won't use a former submission
Kindulas
Kindulas
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:39 pm

Resubmission then!

[-7] Sentinel's Shield - Minor Utility
You conjure a Sentinel Shield in your hands. You can dismiss the Sentinel Shield as a free action. While you are wielding a Sentinel Shield, you cannot use your normal combat talents. Instead you may use the combat talents below.

Trait - Protector’s Vow
Whenever you use a Standard or Minor talent, select one ally, they gain an Guardian Mark until the start of your next turn on the next round.

[+3] Bunker Down - Standard Utility
Gain Resist 3 until the end of your next turn, and heal 3 HP

[+1] Shield Smash - Standard Attack
Deal 1d10 damage to target creature, if roll and 8 or more, then the creature is stunned until the end of their next turn.

[-1] Draining Shield - Minor Attack
Deal 1d8 damage to target enemy, and target ally gains that much health.

[-2] Super Defender - Immediate Interrupt
Trigger – An ally is targeted by an attack.
Affect: The triggering attack hits you instead. If target ally has a Guardian Mark, you may remove that mark to increase your Resist by 2 for this attack

[-3] Absorb - Immediate Interrupt
Trigger - Multiple Allies with Guardian Marks would be hit by the same attack
Effect: Remove all Guardian Marks on target allies, then the attack hits you instead, The attack is treated as multiple attacks.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Kindulas Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:40 pm

Bronymous wrote:Well with mine the core theme wasn't gaining pips back after a big move, it was gaining pips back after any move, or series of moves, that left you completely drained, to get you back in the fight faster. That's why mine required having very few pips, AND to have spent a lot that turn to maximize effectiveness. It could have been a standard/reaction (or played off lightning reflexes or gather energy for more) that totaled spending 8 pips, and you would have gotten back 3, or just drop 9 pips on one big move, and still gotten them. With this one, only a big hitter (or big healer, or whatever role), can benefit, not the comboers- AND they can get up to say 12 pips (turn 2), spend 7 on something big, gain 5 back, and line up another big hit the very next turn, and even a third if played right. That's why mine had the low Pip requirement.

But if that's not where this is going, then I think I'll keep my name on the current one. Makes me feel special.

Well then! Allow me to tweak Reloader.
Kindulas
Kindulas
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

New Expansions - New Content - Post your favorites here - Page 3 Empty Changes to Reloader

Post  Kindulas Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:44 pm

Bad News - doesn't work with Derpy's/Wild Lightning anymore
Good News - does work if you spend all those pips over multiple actions on the same turn

Reloader - 1500 Gold [Created by Bronymous]
Trinket
Once per battle, you may use the following combat talent
[0] Reload - Free Utility [1/Battle]
If you spent 6 or more pips this turn, gain 3 pips

Greater Reloader - 2500 Gold [Created by Bronymous]
Trinket
Once per battle, you may use the following combat talent
[0] Reload - Free Utility [1/Battle]
If you spent 7 or more pips this turn, gain 5 pips
Kindulas
Kindulas
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next