Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dragon Quest - Baby Dragons as PCs

+8
LoganAura
Stairc -Dan Felder
tygerburningbright
Masterweaver
Flutterknight
elfowlgirl
Jason Shadow
XandZero2
12 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Dragon Quest - Baby Dragons as PCs - Page 3 Empty Re: Dragon Quest - Baby Dragons as PCs

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:49 pm

Baby Dragon
Fireborn
Baby dragons are immune to any heat below the level of an adult dragon's breath, including natural fire and lava. Baby dragons can also create puffs of flame at will. These puffs of flame are identical to a torch in many respects and are capable of burning objects and lighting fires outside of combat just as a torch might. Puffs of flame are ordinary fire, they extinguish quickly without tinder.

Spyrotechnics - At Will
Preparation Time - 12 Seconds
A baby dragon can turn a puff of its flame into either a burst of blinding fireworks (blinding all creatures that see it within 120-ft of the fire source) or a thick cloud of smoke (extending 20 feet in all directions from the fire source and lasting 18 seconds).

Inherently Magical
Due to their magical nature, dragons may choose one of their utility talents from the unicorn talent section (but are not required to do so), except for It's Witchcraft, This is Whining!, or any of the Ponykinesis talents.

Friendship is Dragons
Baby Dragons provide a +1 morale bonus to the skill checks of all allies the baby dragon can see.

How about that then? Cool
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Dragon Quest - Baby Dragons as PCs - Page 3 Empty Re: Dragon Quest - Baby Dragons as PCs

Post  XandZero2 Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:00 am

Philadelphus wrote:
@XandZero2: Indeed, we don't really have that much to go on, and it would be nice to see it explained further. I think my explanation is logically consistent, but this is magic we're dealing with here, even if magic does seem to follow some sort of rule in the FiM universe... *shrug*

@Phil: Well I think my counter-argument's logically consistent too, so there ;P

(Don't make me resort to childish comebacks, Philadelphus, because I'm warnin' ya now, I'm not above 'em.)

As far the Dragon template - Fireborn! Yay!

And another nit-picky thing, but why exactly is that one ability called Spyrotechnics? Spike + Pyrotechnics?

-After all, last time I checked, there weren't that many spies in Equestria...

Or were there?

XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:02 am

XandZero2 wrote:
And another nit-picky thing, but why exactly is that one ability called Spyrotechnics? Spike + Pyrotechnics?

Or were there?

Dragon Quest - Baby Dragons as PCs - Page 3 Spyro_the_Dragon
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Karilyn Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:04 am

I really like it. I think it might be arguably the best designed race in the game ATM, even better than the pony trinity.
Karilyn
Karilyn
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Videocrazy Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:57 am

I got a chuckle out of Spyrotechnics. Also:

Fireborn
Baby dragons are immune to any heat below the level of an adult dragon's breath, including natural fire and lava. Baby dragons can also create puffs of flame at will. These puffs of flame are identical to a torch in many respects and are capable of burning objects and lighting fires outside of combat just as a torch might. Puffs of flame are ordinary fire, they extinguish quickly without tinder.

Made a quick trip to Wikipedia. Y'know, I always expected lava to be hotter, but apparently a blowtorch is hotter than lava.
Videocrazy
Videocrazy
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Philadelphus Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:10 am

@Stairc: I like it. Simple, elegant, and flavorful. I'll just go edit my dragon utility talents thread now...

XandZero2 wrote:
@Phil: Well I think my counter-argument's logically consistent too, so there ;P

(Don't make me resort to childish comebacks, Philadelphus, because I'm warnin' ya now, I'm not above 'em.)
Ah, the joy of doing science. Just as in the real world, there may be more than one logically-self-consistent explanation for the facts. We'll just need more of them, I guess. Though I admit your hypothesis does have the benefit of Occam's Razor...
Philadelphus
Philadelphus
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Masterweaver Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:07 am

Over on Legends we've agreed that dragons physically switch from female to male at a high enough temperature. The exact temp varies by individual, though.

Just throwing that out there.
Masterweaver
Masterweaver
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:47 pm

Stairc -Dan Felder wrote:
XandZero2 wrote:

Or were there?

Dragon Quest - Baby Dragons as PCs - Page 3 Spyro_the_Dragon

^You know, I had a feeling that might be the case.

Also, @Masterweaver: I wonder what temp MLP dragons sex change? Because all the Dragons they've encountered so far seem to be male. Perhaps Dragons are all male, and they can just lay eggs like a female of other species? They might all be Hermaphrodites.
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Masterweaver Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:51 pm

No, I mean by individual. Like Garble and Spike have different boiling points.
Masterweaver
Masterweaver
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3