Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HORSETRON: Defender of Equestria [OOC]

+9
Deathstorm50
tygerburningbright
Whiteeyes
deonte9109
Fury of the Tempest
Lapis-Lazily
mjh6
Colter Bolt
ZamuelNow
13 posters

Page 22 of 24 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

Go down

HORSETRON: Defender of Equestria [OOC] - Page 22 Empty Re: HORSETRON: Defender of Equestria [OOC]

Post  ZamuelNow Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:16 am

My bad. In that case you would much more clearly see what it was. Eclair would see it's a vehicle shaped like a beetle as opposed to a giant metal beetle. She'd also notice a small metal box on top. The other players would know exactly what it is OOC.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

HORSETRON: Defender of Equestria [OOC] - Page 22 Empty Re: HORSETRON: Defender of Equestria [OOC]

Post  mjh6 Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:14 pm

Just thought of something. At what point are we going to need a new IC thread?
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:35 pm

Likely as soon as the battle ends since that will be the end of the arc.  Unless you guys think this would be a good cutoff point and the new IC thread should be started now.

Separate from that, we may have a player stepping into Ancient Record's role.  What I did was type up a summary of what's already happened in the campaign.  This should be all of the broad strokes though an occasional small detail may have been brought to the forefront.  Any comments on it? Bold is for current players while italics is for NPC or departed players.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:46 am

You need to mention at the beginning that we were in Manehatten to begin with, but apart from that its all good
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:47 pm

Sky Wolf/Diamond Dust/Silver Night were actually in Baltimare while Terra and Ancient Record were in Manehattan but good point--updated. I also neglected to add that diamond studded bit that was found so I updated that as well.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:58 pm

Damnit, there goes the idea of keeping Horsetron in secrecy... unless we can play it off as an illusion.

Still, it looks like they've managed to weaponize a sun stone... would Sky be able to recognize if it is actually?
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:06 pm

maybe sky wolf should have brought up the idea earlier Razz

Don't mean to be rude or anything, just that you kind of sprung the idea on us there.
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:13 pm

mjh6 wrote:maybe sky wolf should have brought up the idea earlier Razz

Don't mean to be rude or anything, just that you kind of sprung the idea on us there.

Well I didn't exactly know that Diamond Dust was going to go ahead and summon Horsetron. Plus, your the one that went ahead and had Diamond summon Horestron before I managed to get my post in. Sky Wolf didn't even get chance to react to the crytal ponies being defeat so quickly and to explain what this main threat actually worse. Your the one that sprung the idea of actually summoning Horsetron on us here after all.

So yeah. If your gonna be 'maybe you should of had your character bring the idea up earlier', make sure your not actually doing the exact same thing you just told me to do on top of not giving people time to react.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:31 pm

Fury of the Tempest wrote:Still, it looks like they've managed to weaponize a sun stone... would Sky be able to recognize if it is actually?

Yeah, he'd probably immediately recognize the color and brilliance of the light.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:37 pm

ZamuelNow wrote:
Fury of the Tempest wrote:Still, it looks like they've managed to weaponize a sun stone... would Sky be able to recognize if it is actually?

Yeah, he'd probably immediately recognize the color and brilliance of the light.

So... is it a sunstone or not?
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:41 pm

Yes, it is.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:05 pm

I meant in general keeping Horsetron secret. It didn't occur to me that there would be any reason not to summon Horsetron to fight the giant robot. It kind of seemed that was what Horsetron was there for.

Look, I don't want to pick a fight, I really don't want to pick a fight. And if I need to back down to avoid a fight, I will. And I know I've screwed up before, but it felt like Sky Wolf was framing this as another screw up of Dust's to summon his piece when notsummoning Horsetron in a situation like this had never been discussed. (and if it turns out we have, and I'm just forgetting, I apologise and retract my statements)

I'm sorry if I was rude earlier, just felt kind of annoyed at the suddenness of the "don't summon it" orders right after I already tried to summon it. ( you felt caught off guard, well so did I)
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:29 pm

Nyeh, different people different thoughts. I'm one for hiding the true power one has until its fully needed, hence why I don't think we need Horsetron here. I'm also thinking about the repructions of the attack, and if the machine is beaten off without the aid of Horseton, I think the DD will be a lot more cautious in their moves... suppose revealing horsetron, then going 'Nah' could actually freak them out more.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:39 pm

I don't quite understand part of that last post...
“We could compromise.” Sky Wolf said, now that Terra decided it was a bit too late to turn Horestron away not that he had arrived,

especially in relation to this part of the last DM post

ZamuelNow wrote:A triumphant thundering of hooves came from the distance.  ...  The sound of hooves grew louder and soon a mechanical equine towered over Diamond Dust, "Sand of the hardest gem, for what aid do you seek?"
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:05 pm

tygerburningbright wrote:I don't quite understand part of that last post...

Look, Sky Wolf doesn't want Horestron's aid, Terra is saying he's here, lets us him, so Sky Wolf suggestions using him but only to weaken the machine.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:56 pm

Just thought of something. The crystal ponies were carrying those statuettes. They might end up being the keys for Eclair, Terra, or Sky Wolf. Maybe somepony should take a look, if they are still there.

*fluttershy emote* You know, if that's ok with you.
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Sat Mar 14, 2015 3:52 pm

I just realized that it calling you Sand of the Hardest Gem is it just taking your name literally. Assuming that they all do that, I can see them calling Terra and Wolf, Princess of All The Earth and Noble Hunter of the Open Air respectively.

That said, what on earth would they call Eclair? I can't think of a literal translation of her name that doesn't sound vaguely dirty, or like the robot is flirting with her.
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

http://askdarknebula.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:12 pm

Dr Blight wrote:I just realized that it calling you Sand of the Hardest Gem is it just taking your name literally.

I think you're the first to notice or at least vocalize that.  I did similar with Ancient Record.

mjh6 wrote:"How do we do this? Do I ride on top of you, or...
HORSETRON: Defender of Equestria [OOC] - Page 22 640px-Rarity_on_a_plow_S4E13

Heh, bear with me.  Trying to get multiple things straightened out.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:44 pm

Dr Blight wrote:
That said, what on earth would they call Eclair? I can't think of a literal translation of her name that doesn't sound vaguely dirty, or like the robot is flirting with her.

Fun fact eclair translated literally from french into English mean lightning.

Also image was quite funny.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:31 pm

should I roll a perception check, or something like that to figure out how to control horsetron?
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:23 pm

Sorry, got busy with some stuff. I was also trying to give breathing room for the group to interact since there was this discussion about how to handle the attacking mech. No perception roll will be needed for operation.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:49 pm

Is there anything else we need to do? I think Sky Wolf, at least, is waiting on the Perception check...
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:56 am

So... how hard would it be for Sky to notice the pegasus civilian (Eclair) that is sticking around has a frosting bag cutie mark? That is, would he be likely to notice without actively looking for it? He's a very perceptive guy after all.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:07 pm

For what it's worth Eclair doesn't generally wear anything that would conceal her cutie mark, so it'd be pretty visible so long as you aren't looking at her from directly head on.
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

http://askdarknebula.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:31 pm

Fury of the Tempest wrote:So... how hard would it be for Sky to notice the pegasus civilian (Eclair) that is sticking around has a frosting bag cutie mark? That is, would he be likely to notice without actively looking for it? He's a very perceptive guy after all.

I guess that makes sense. Also, she was serving the dinner the previous night so she should be more recognizable.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 24 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next