Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A New Roleplaying Game of Undetermnied Properties

+7
deonte9109
Copper Rose
ZamuelNow
Xel Unknown
Z2
Miang
AProcrastinatingWriter
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Which kind of game should I be running?

A New Roleplaying Game of Undetermnied Properties - Page 2 I_vote_lcap40%A New Roleplaying Game of Undetermnied Properties - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 40% 
[ 6 ]
A New Roleplaying Game of Undetermnied Properties - Page 2 I_vote_lcap20%A New Roleplaying Game of Undetermnied Properties - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 20% 
[ 3 ]
A New Roleplaying Game of Undetermnied Properties - Page 2 I_vote_lcap7%A New Roleplaying Game of Undetermnied Properties - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 7% 
[ 1 ]
A New Roleplaying Game of Undetermnied Properties - Page 2 I_vote_lcap33%A New Roleplaying Game of Undetermnied Properties - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 33% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 15

Poll closed

A New Roleplaying Game of Undetermnied Properties - Page 2 Empty Re: A New Roleplaying Game of Undetermnied Properties

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:15 am

Writing out the complete list would take time I don't really have and won't until Friday - which will be pretty late in the voting game, so to speak.

The free powers would depend on which precise universe you would hail from, which means I would be typing out a list of 52 different powersets, so I figured I'd see what people wanted to play and contact them to let them know what they'd get - and, if they ended up not liking their powers, seeing what could be done.

As an example, though, characters from the Jojo universe - or at least the Stand users - would get Ponykinesis and one other utility talent of their choice for free (to represent the inherit power of their Stands).
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

A New Roleplaying Game of Undetermnied Properties - Page 2 Empty Re: A New Roleplaying Game of Undetermnied Properties

Post  ZamuelNow Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:23 am

Another question about the crossover, are you just a character from that world, a specific main character, or a choice between the two?
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:09 pm

Yes.

Lemme put it this way - you are not any already-established character in the specific universe you choose. You are also not necessarily an OC of some sort, though you probably will be. Let's say that both the Teen Titans comics (or DC Universe) and the Teen Titans cartoon are two of the universes in question. You could play as the Blue Beetle, but only if you were playing the version that theoretically might have appeared in the Teen Titans cartoon, as the comic version already exists as an established character.

However, if the established character you want to play as is not from the "approved" list of 52 universes, playing as that character will be permitted ,so long as you remember the inevitable confusion that will come with your character having new and strange powers unknown to them, an alternate past they do not remember, etc.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:06 pm

Has the vote finished?
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:12 pm

It will be finished at 8:48 PM CST tomorrow.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:15 pm

Then there is still hope.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:17 pm

Hmm, I've got enough inspiration for the monster hunter one that I might try and GM it myself if it doesn't make the poll...
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:29 pm

Even if it does win, I think the category of "monster hunting" is broad enough you could DM that game anyway.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:49 pm

I'll say this much, all four of the game ideas. Could each be fun in their own way... Just I'd argue the Naruto: the RPG one could work better in a small real life tabbletop group then in a pbp game. (the small player size isn't one I'd like to see in a pbp game) The Mega-Crossover sounds like insane fun-times for all involved.... Game of Gods seems intesting too... Not totally sure about if I"d play it... But I know that somebody would enjoy it. Monster Hunter I'd love to play and just I liked the Monster Hunter Games too. So I'd figure that to be quite fun. But one does understand that a GM has a limit on which game to run...
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:10 pm

Less than an hour left.

I don't expect anyone else to vote, and do expect anyone who might be interested to have already clicked on the topic, but just in case.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:30 pm

And, I do believe the poll has finished, with the victor being the mega-crossover.

Which is fine by me, because I'm already brainstorming for a monster hunter game...
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:35 pm

Ah, yes, the poll has concluded, and the popular vote has indeed gone to Mega Crossover.

Because of the more thorough and enthusiastic reasoning given by supporters of Monster Hunter, however, along with the simple fact that I do not have as much time this semester as I might otherwise, I am using the process outlined in the first post to declare Monster Hunting the Winner.

The OOC topic will be up within a few days. Mega Crossover will be given a game of its own, as decreed by the popular vote, but it will not be happening anytime soon.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:41 pm

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:Ah, yes, the poll has concluded, and the popular vote has indeed gone to Mega Crossover.

Because of the more thorough and enthusiastic reasoning given by supporters of Monster Hunter, however, along with the simple fact that I do not have as much time this semester as I might otherwise, I am using the process outlined in the first post to declare Monster Hunting the Winner.

The OOC topic will be up within a few days. Mega Crossover will be given a game of its own, as decreed by the popular vote, but it will not be happening anytime soon.
Ooh, an unexpected comeback!

Now, of course, I have to plot a character, which for whatever reason seems more daunting than plotting a game.
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:46 pm

Awesome! Can't wait to see it!
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:29 pm

Hmm, you wouldn't mind if I made my own monster-hunting thread, would you? If nothing else, to see if people are interested in the world I'm creating?
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:36 pm

I'm interested! There is plenty of ways to do Monster Hunting after all!

Quick question through. Pony monster hunters or not?
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:19 pm

It'll be non-pony, a Living Legends game with races of my own invention.
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:36 pm

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:Even if it does win, I think the category of "monster hunting" is broad enough you could DM that game anyway.
I'd appreciate if we could coordinate our times, though, so it doesn't look like either of us is trying to rip each other off for those not in the know.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:46 pm

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:
AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:Even if it does win, I think the category of "monster hunting" is broad enough you could DM that game anyway.
I'd appreciate if we could coordinate our times, though, so it doesn't look like either of us is trying to rip each other off for those not in the know.
Entirely true. It will take a while for me to really be ready, if you'd like to start first. Otherwise, I don't think it'd be a bad thing for both to run simultaneously... gives players of one a something to do while waiting for the other.

Still, I feel really bad for going ahead and posting my stuff...
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2