Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Hordes of the Blight - The Adventure

+4
Lapis-Lazily
AProcrastinatingWriter
Marona
Dusk Raven
8 posters

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Hordes of the Blight - The Adventure - Page 10 Empty Re: The Hordes of the Blight - The Adventure

Post  Dusk Raven Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:41 pm

[Oops, completely slipped my mind. The sapient races of the world were created about a century ago, and civilization was gifted to those who wanted it around the same time.]

"Before, I believe. I would say during, but applying the runes will take a lot of concentration. He began to go about the room, searching for supplies. "Gathering the materials, however, doesn't."
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

The Hordes of the Blight - The Adventure - Page 10 Empty Re: The Hordes of the Blight - The Adventure

Post  Fury of the Tempest Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:57 pm

"Well then. Not long after civilization began, there was a great warrior that was strong in the gift and the runes. It was said that using them together he could summon entire armies of creatures. With his powers, he forged two artifacts. A sword of runes that could summon being from the beyond and a shield of gift that could absorb energy to be used by it wielder. Designed so only those of his blood could wield them. He had two sons, the elder had his strength and gift, while the youngest had his intelligent and skill in runes. When the warrior fell in battle against an army of blighted, his elder son was given his sword, and the youngest was given the shield to pass on though their family. The warrior wanting his children to always have access to both his talents, the gift and the runes."
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:05 pm

"Interesting." By this time, Wilfred had finished gathering the materials he needed. He brought over a small table and set it before his chair, then motioned for the sword to be set upon the table. "Out of curiosity, do you keep in touch with the bearer of the shield?"
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:10 pm

"No, the two brother's stopped all contact with one another when they fell in love with the same women. Not out of anger though, but the elder knew that she was more interested in the younger than him, and knowing what his temper was like, left and refused any further contact with him. Afraid that in his temper he might harm his brother."
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:03 pm

"Not the only tale of two men in love with the same woman I've heard in my lifetime." He took out a small chisel and hammer and began to carefully etch a new set of runes at the end of the blade. "So the shield could still be out there, or perhaps fallen into the hands of the Blight. Nothing quite like a mystery, is there?"

Meanwhile, at the bar, the bartender, after a slight silence, asks, "So what's the news from outside? Other than milk prices being up."
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:00 pm

"Yes indeed. Quite a mystery. In fact during my travels, I've asked about the shield, but could never find any good information about it." Paladin said, personally he doubted it would have fallen to the blight, but anything was possible.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Lapis-Lazily Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:06 pm

"No good news. Monster attacks are on rise. Just on way here we were attacked 3 times. Luckily all of us are skilled fighters."
Lapis-Lazily
Lapis-Lazily
Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:14 pm

"Well, these two are," Aparix said evenly, "I'm just good at shooting things. Bit different from 'fighting'."
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:32 pm

[On a random note, I don't think a chisel is the proper tool to be etching into metal, but I don't know what would be, so let's assume Wilfred has it.]

Wilfred nods and continues his work in silence, carefully etching the precise runes into the blade. When he's finished, the runes are seamlessly inscribed into the blade, and it takes a keen eye to even distinguish them from the original runes. "Well there... that should do it." He smiles. "It's been an honor to work on such a piece."

- - -

The bartender's eyebrows raise slightly. "Three attacks?" He sighs. "Probably means another surge. Just you wait, we'll be up on the ramparts in no time, fighting for our lives. I'd try not to get too drunk, just in case." He glances at the patrons throughout the bar, a few of whom are... pretty hammered. "Wish I could tell all my patrons that. Good business, but one time the monsters attacked when a good chunk of the town guard was drunk. Wasn't a pretty sight."
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:36 am

"No, I can imagine, the blood, the screaming...'Gifts' from the blighted beasts, but ones they should be recieving, not giving..." Bellator shook his head slowly. "No...If they attack, the blight will be what breaks, not this town...Won't let it fall, I'll skin every last one with their teeth if I have to!" He drank his whiskey quickly, staring at the bottom of his glass irritably. In his own way, he was worried. But no more towns would fall if he could help it, he'd die before that happened. "You're right...Need to be ready..."
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:56 am

"Your welcome, its been a pleasure talking with you." Paladin said with a smile, taking his sword and carefully inspecting the new runes. "I can hardly tell the difference from the original, you did a very good job." The human warrior complimented as he returned the sword to his sheeth. "Now then, I believe I owe you some money for this?"
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:41 pm

The Bartender raises an eyebrow at Bellator's graphic imagination, but merely says, "Aye. This town'll survive. Always has."

"Let's see..." Wilfred thinks for a moment. "I'd say... 50 coins?"

[I put this off because I HATE FINANCES. Also, sickness. But mostly this reason. For comparison, 1 coin is enough to get you a loaf of bread or a mug of ale, and you guys got 100 coins from the caravan leader.]
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:22 pm

Taking out the coins given to him by the caravan leader, Paladin counted them out swiftly, before handing over the amount that was requested. "50 coins is a fair deal. 50 coins, for hopefully many more lives saved."
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Lapis-Lazily Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:23 pm

Zakhar gives a small grunt of amusement. "Ignore little man. Is good fighter, but not so stable. Is best leave him be and thank world he focus energy on killing monsters."
Lapis-Lazily
Lapis-Lazily
Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:01 pm

"Well," Wilfred says, "When you put it like that, I feel bad for charging you." But he took the coinage without delay. "Anything else I can do for you?"

The barkeep nods. "It takes all sorts, I suppose. So, where are you all from? Why come to a town like Outreach?"
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:14 pm

"Currently, no. Depending how long I stay here though, I might call upon your services again. Battle helps me identify my weaknesses, and sometimes those weaknesses are best overcome by runes." Paladin said, though it was a rather lengthy answer. Feeling a little sheepish, Paladin then turned to his guide, asking. "Do you know where the healer's hall might be? I might be able to help out there as all. I'm quite skill at using my ki and gift to aid others on top of the usual healing."
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:12 pm

"I'm from a small town in the desert called Beluga," Aparix said before taking a sip of his drink. "It's a delightful locale, if you don't mind spider bites, frequent unnatural eclipses, and absolutely horrible theater." Having said this, he took a large swig. "Came here to show off, mostly. If I get paid doing it, that's great, and if not, I...heh...have alternatives."
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:03 pm

Martin thinks for a moment. "There is a building where the wounded get taken after battles. I don't know if anyone's there now, but we could check it out." With that, he moves to exit Wilfred's house. Wilfred, meanwhile, says "Goodbye and good luck in your next battle!"

The "healer's hall" as it were, is a wooden longhouse indistinguishable from the barracks surrounding it but for the sign bearing the word "Hospital" over the open entryway. Inside is a pair of long rows of cots on either side of the room, and at the very end a few are even occupied. A half-dozen wounded guards lie on the cots, with a pair of attendants moving about them.

The bartender nods. "We've got a few other Lokira here, can't say if any are from there. Don't know if you'd want to talk to them or not."
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:32 pm

"Lets hope I won't need luck." Paladin said when Wilfred wished him luck, giving the old man a smile and a wave as he left, following Martin. Upon reaching their destination, he muttered. "Hospital? How they come up with that name?" Before shaking his head, that didn't matter. What did matter, was who was inside it. Luckily, there wasn't that many people, but there was people he could help. Walking up to the attendants, he said. "Excuse me, but might it be possible for me to lend my assistance in healing these guards?"
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:21 pm

One of the healers looks at Paladin. "Go right ahead, we could use the help."

Three of the guards have pretty standard injuries for those battling the Blight - claw and bite wounds, though thankfully the Blight hasn't infected them... yet. The other three have some sort of scalding all across their bodies, their skin covered in boils and sores.
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:54 pm

Paladin started with those injured by the Blight, claws and bite wounds he know how to heal. Instead of conventinally, he used his Gift and Ki. Transferring his Ki over them with his Gift, on top of slowly knitting the wounds together, from as deep as they where up to the surface of course. Relying on his knowledge of anatomy, and the guidance of his ki in their bodies, to ensure all the bloodvessls, nerves, etc, where connected

Heal:
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:28 am

With his abilities, Paladin is able to mend the tears in the wounded guards' flesh. They'll still need a bit of time for the scars to go away, but they are unofficially ready for duty again.

The healer's eyes widen. "Wow... never seen that before."
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:28 am

"Yes well, being proficient in both Ki and The Gift is rare." Paladin said, only smirking a little bit as he stepped away from final guards. "The scars will fade with time, and if they go back on duty, got to be careful to ensure the wounds don't re-open."
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:08 pm

"Of course." One of the other wounded guards, one with the burns and sores, moans softly, and the attendant quickly goes over to him and begins to rub an ointment on his wounds.

Meanwhile, in the bar, the bartender, sensing the lack of further information to be gained, retreats to the back wall, only to be called forth again when a patron - a robed and hooded Lokira - walks up to the bar and sits beside Aparix. "I'll have what he's having," the Lokira says in a female voice, glancing at Aparix and then at the rest of the group.
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:54 am

Paladin's smirk faded as he turned to the other guards. Stepping up towards them, he spoke to the healer's, asking. "Do you know what caused this? I might be able to help, but I doubt I'll be able to simply heal them like the others. I'm much more experienced at healing wounds caused by the blight."
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next