Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A New World (Not really full actually, at this point - would probably accept a character or two)

+6
LoganAura
mjh6
Fury of the Tempest
Deathstorm50
Marona
Curunir
10 posters

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

A New World (Not really full actually, at this point - would probably accept a character or two) - Page 2 Empty Re: A New World (Not really full actually, at this point - would probably accept a character or two)

Post  Curunir Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:56 pm

Hm? You haven't really said anything about your background- don't have anything on your character sheet. Only thing I can comment on is the basic motivation you laid out for him- which sounds good to me so far.
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

http://turtlgandalf.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

A New World (Not really full actually, at this point - would probably accept a character or two) - Page 2 Empty Re: A New World (Not really full actually, at this point - would probably accept a character or two)

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:58 pm

Curunir wrote:Hm?  You haven't really said anything about your background- don't have anything on your character sheet.  Only thing I can comment on is the basic motivation you laid out for him- which sounds good to me so far.
... Unless I'm wrong, prior means before... so what's the character like WITHOUT the background?
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:01 pm

Oh, sorry about the confusion! Looks fine!
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:14 pm

I wasn't initially interested in this, but looking over what everyone has come up with, (and rereading the llama racial traits) has inspired me. I'll be back once I've built something.
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:26 pm

Great, looking forward to it!  

Don't forget, you can use genetic engineering to change the racial traits of your character- I just made templates for nonstandard races like the Llamas in case people wanted them (which sadly do not have any new or unique traits- and were themselves made by me using G.E.)
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Deathstorm50 Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:44 pm

Curunir wrote:Approved, sounds good.  Noticed your post edit just before I noticed your last post (btw, in future probably to make a new post rather than a post edit- those can easily get lost.) Love the omen idea- I'm sure that may cause the occasional NPC to freak out if they see you!
When I made Piasa, I was insinuating that the elders of his tribe knew what to make of a crystal drake, so anyone who recognized him as an omen of things to come would need to be well versed in dragonlore, I assume. You know, like Keeper or something. Also, side note, I named him after a Native American dragon who ate the Illinis (i think) people. No reason why, Ijust felt like naming him something properly ominous.
Deathstorm50
Deathstorm50
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:56 pm

Point taken. Although this is definitely a place where some people will take anything strange as an omen, even if they don't know what the omen means...
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Marona Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:43 pm

If I may make some comments.

@Fury: No xborn? Kinda odd for a dragon? Any specific reason why?

@Deathstorm: You might want to rename the name of the sheet itself (the thing at the upper left), how come you've got all the < >'s still there?, I think it might be fun if we're all going to have dragons to not all have the same breath weapon and a crystal dragon is a pretty good place for lightning or frost breath (Keeper would have had a non-fire breath but, it went best with the theme of stars, in fact I came close to naming him Starfire, lol), I'm not sure what the point of having both Celestia's Light and Nightwatch is.
Marona
Marona
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:06 pm

Marona wrote:@Fury: No xborn? Kinda odd for a dragon? Any specific reason why?
Because he doesn't have an affinity with a single element/substance
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:27 pm

quick question, what kind of names would llamas have?
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:46 pm

Name your character whatever you want - I'm basing their culture loosely off of the Inca, so if you find a Quecha name you like you could do that- or just give use words to signify a name with a meaning, possibly using the same format you would to name a pony character (I will probably use one of these procedures for naming if you encounter any NPC Llamas)

It is your character of course: I'll probably be fine however you decide to name them! Our three dragons provide good examples- Keeper has a definite meaning to it, Piasa is named after a Native American legend, and (as far as I can tell) Arcantos is a made up name!
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:00 pm

Curunir wrote:Arcantos is a made up name!
Well, it is the same name from the main protagonist in Age of Mythology...
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:18 pm

Okay, first draft is ready, so here's Ch'aska the llama

haven't reflavored any of the attacks yet, just wanted to get her up for now.
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:27 pm

Alright, looks good!
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Marona Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:28 pm

Changed Keeper to female like I said I would if the other two dragons were male. Also specified the skill used for weather-crafting is History.

We've got a lot of high Knowledge characters huh?
Marona
Marona
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:12 pm

No overlap as well. 7, 8, 9, 10.

Lets see... Combat Wise we have...

Keeper, who does... I have no clue.

Piasa, who is mainly a defender/support.

Arcantos, striker that punishes the enemy when they attack...

And Ch'aksa, who is a healer.

Pretty solid composition so far
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Deathstorm50 Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:12 pm

I quite like Ch'aksa, mjh6! I'm sure her special healing will come in handy. Also, Freaky Knowledge of omens? How intriguing...

Marona wrote:If I may make some comments.

@Deathstorm: You might want to rename the name of the sheet itself (the thing at the upper left), how come you've got all the < >'s still there?, I think it might be fun if we're all going to have dragons to not all have the same breath weapon and a crystal dragon is a pretty good place for lightning or frost breath (Keeper would have had a non-fire breath but, it went best with the theme of stars, in fact I came close to naming him Starfire, lol), I'm not sure what the point of having both Celestia's Light and Nightwatch is.

I think I'll look at some other x-borns, thanks. Also, the point of Celestia's Light is, from a gameplay perspective, so that others can see if we're ever spelunking, without needing to carry bulky torches around, or somehow find sconces that can be lit with fireborn. From story perspective, crystal dragons, those few born at times of upheaval, can channel their lifeforce into light to brighten or harm. Hence, my Lifelight flavoring of CL and those two combat talents. It just wouldn't make sense for the character I've built if he can use that light to hurt an enemy, but not to light the path. Though Nightwatch is expendable, so if it bugs others, I can change it.
Deathstorm50
Deathstorm50
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:47 am

Okay, now all Ch'aska's attacks have been properly reflavored,

Yeah, omens. I figured that, after learning about her own, kinda creepy abilities and how people might see them, it gave her an interest in how people interpret the world around them.
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:00 am

Oi! Who resolved Magical Tricks comment? I made that on purpose.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:11 am

oh, sorry, that was an accident, I didn't realize what "resolve" would do, and didn't know how to fix it
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Marona Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:42 am

We seem to not have attracted a fifth player. Is there some deadline for when we start without one?
Marona
Marona
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:44 am

Gah... I need to finish Arcantos' background.

Also... I think I might make a custom conjured weapon for Arcantos if that's alright... a punisher's weapon.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:00 am

I'm mostly just waiting for Fury's background for Arcantos, I'll probably start us off in a day or so. If anyone joins after then, I can probably work them in.
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:31 pm

Question can we use Paper Shadow's Combat Expansion? I know I want to use the Samuari Heart special move for my character...

And talking about Arc, I'm making his background as I speak. The questionnaire that Static has made is very useful.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Marona Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:34 pm

If we're asking about unofficial stuff, can we use Talent Specialization?
Marona
Marona
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next