Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventures in Saint-Trotez - Backstage (OOC 2: OOC Harder)

+4
Quietkal
Colter Bolt
LoganAura
Paper Shadow
8 posters

Page 12 of 15 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down

Adventures in Saint-Trotez - Backstage (OOC 2: OOC Harder) - Page 12 Empty Re: Adventures in Saint-Trotez - Backstage (OOC 2: OOC Harder)

Post  LoganAura Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:10 pm

It's less that I'm involved in the conversation... More that the conversation has been going for a month and a half now. and all we've gotten from it is "Storm is a changeling"

(Possible hyperbole but my point is we're dragging.)
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Adventures in Saint-Trotez - Backstage (OOC 2: OOC Harder) - Page 12 Empty Re: Adventures in Saint-Trotez - Backstage (OOC 2: OOC Harder)

Post  Paper Shadow Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:52 pm

Two things we should discuss at some point:

• Lethality. I've been pretty easy on the kill potential (despite what my combat rolls may suggest), but as we progress up these levels, the stakes usually should be raised. So, I wish to have your opinions on how punishing I should be, especially against any lapse in judgement. Obviously I'm not gonna pull anything like Rocks Fall, Everyone Dies or the Tomb of Horrors on you guys, but I want to know where I should be between "Hold No Punches" and "Fairy Tale Fun Land"...

• Boons. Boons are a thing. I miss Natural 1s, so I'll make you guys a deal. If you are willing to forego your boons, I'll give allow you all to take a utility talent where you would normally pick up a boon. Not that this isn't something we can mix-and-match (so no having your later boons and losing your Level 3 boon for a utility talent), it's either all boons or all talents. I'll leave that decision to you guys...

As always, your feedback is important to the improvement of this campaign. Don't want to make too many decisions that turn out bad, ha ha...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:05 pm

I don't quite care for boons myself, they're good in theory but eh.
As for lethality: Snipe is using an actual gun. I think some semblance of "Will die" is more or less required.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:08 pm

Snipe does tend to use tranquilizer's through...
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:55 pm

It's one specific thing of his. Tranq shot is his frostfall, the representation of "stun" is tranquilizers. He normally uses actual bullets instead for the rest of his powers.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:13 pm

... Hold on. A colt. A CHILD. Is fighting with DEADLY force?

Excuse me, but no. That is not this setting.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:44 pm

Matches the setting or not, I would think that would be his player's choice, not yours.

As for Aces, if he's in battle, he's risking his life, and he knows it, and he expects other ponies to get that too. If the person he's fighting doesn't seem to get it, shoot them, because they're idiots on top of being destructive.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:10 pm

Fury of the Tempest wrote:... Hold on. A colt. A CHILD. Is fighting with DEADLY force?

Excuse me, but no. That is not this setting.

It's been like this for a while Legitimately, he's been using guns since his FIRST INCLUSION and actually using bullets.

This is my logic:

Snipe has a cutie mark in fire arms aiming. (Specifically started with slingshots and paintball guns and the like.)
To ponies, getting your cutie mark is enough to warrent a "Cutecenera". This is a parralell to the Quincenera "This birthday is celebrated differently from any other as it marks the transition from childhood to young womanhood. "
Therefore, a pony getting it's cutie mark likely means that they're an "adult" depending on their age.
Snipe is at least a few years older then that, even if he's still "A colt" age-wise instead of a "Stallion", he'd likely be conisdered legally an adult.
Therefore, Snipe likely has the legal capability to use firearms.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:38 pm

... Lethal force is not used in this setting.

I know we aren't in Equestira, but we are still in the world of Equestira, and quite frankly... lethal force is the LAST OPTION. Especially for the guard. If their going to allow a colt to use a snipe rifle, the bullets are most likely not going to be lethal, like rubber bullets. He'll have proper bullets yes... but their the last resort.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:21 pm

This is Paper's setting. He's got the final say and so far he's been fine with me using actual guns.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:48 pm

...on a lesser note, Tidal will slip back into the water, cause that's probably where she's supposed to be.
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Colter Bolt Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:37 pm

I'm ok without boons, and think it an interesting switch. As for lethality, I'm with Logan's "some semblance of 'Will Die' is more or less required."
Colter Bolt
Colter Bolt
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:40 pm

I accept the potential of death, but I don't want use to be using lethal force unless necessary...

And I suppose.... the boons aren't all that good... good concept, bad mechanic.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:57 pm

Oh, yes, boons. Ehhhh don't really cur much one way or the other, meself.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:16 am

Hm... I'll be honest:

If Paper doesn't want me to use lethal guns, I'll bow out. I've sort of been falling away from the system anyways.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:53 am

... That's a bit drastic. Bowing out, just because lethal weapons aren't usually used in a setting?
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:16 pm

Fury of the Tempest wrote:... That's a bit drastic. Bowing out, just because lethal weapons aren't usually used in a setting?

It's less that, more "I'm sort of falling away from Pony Tales/Living Legends" and if Snipe's thing is making you uncomfortable, I'll willingly bow out of the campaign and let someone else have a turn playing rather than stay around and still make you upset.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:17 pm

Its only me, the others don't mind that much. Shouldn't bow of the RP just because of one guy.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:19 pm

Fury of the Tempest wrote:Its only me, the others don't mind that much. Shouldn't bow of the RP just because of one guy.

So you're not going to be upset if Paper says I'm allowed to be using lethal force with Snipe?

I want everyone I'm playing with to be comfortable and have fun. If one of them is upset by my character concept, I'm either changing it slightly to make them feel better or bowing out- and with me sort of leaning away from PT/LL now it'd likely be the later.

I'm a bit too selfless for my own good sometimes, and it seemed like you really got upset once you realized snipe was using actual bullets rather than like rubber ones.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:21 pm

I wouldn't like it, but I won't be upset about it.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:24 pm

All right then. I'll at the very least try to not use lethal ammunition in my flavor when we're fighting, like, thugs or random ponies or something. If we fight big-demon-guy again though he'll probably be using bullets.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:27 pm

That's what I'm talking bout. Vs the small fry and such, using non-lethal, but against the big bads... well, if their a threat... they need to be taken out.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:30 pm

Oooh, it was a misunderstanding then. I thought you were upset over me using the actual gun ammo period.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:33 pm

LoganAura wrote:Oooh, it was a misunderstanding then. I thought you were upset over me using the actual gun ammo period.

Well, it sounded like you were tbh.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:27 pm

To be fair, he did get his neck slashed by said small fry...

Anyway, I've been pretty open to characters having stuff not really expected in the pony setting, provided you are ready to see others have access to that stuff too. You've met Heat Sink and Varesh, who are similar to Aces High and Necrar respectively, but fortunately those two are an ally and an "ally". That said, overkilling (and when I say overkilling, I mean REALLY overkilling, not just "did 10 more damage than needed") will most likely result in fatalities, but few of you have the burst potential to pull off something like that, so it ain't gonna reasonably happen...

Also, stop saying that you'd bow out. While I knew what you meant, an optimistic part of me kept thinking you were just gonna switch to bow and arrows...

Anyway, what were we talking about again?
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 15 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next