Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fever Enigmatic [PBP Mystery Campaign - Full]

+3
AProcrastinatingWriter
Crystalite
ZamuelNow
7 posters

Page 8 of 18 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13 ... 18  Next

Go down

Fever Enigmatic [PBP Mystery Campaign - Full] - Page 8 Empty Re: Fever Enigmatic [PBP Mystery Campaign - Full]

Post  Crystalite Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:50 pm

No, I don't especially care where she is, I meant why does she have to talk to Clover first?
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Fever Enigmatic [PBP Mystery Campaign - Full] - Page 8 Empty Re: Fever Enigmatic [PBP Mystery Campaign - Full]

Post  ZamuelNow Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:59 pm

He's acting mayor and the mansion is his house. If you don't want a spot in the mansion then it's not an issue.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:47 am

Ooooh. No, you're right that M.M. would want to be a tad more out of the way than that. Although that could be a pretty funny chance encounter...

EDIT: In other news, I just noticed a huge, gaping hole in her combat build! Ggrrrgh! I will be swapping out All Or Nothing with Trance, and probably Iron Shield as well for something else, at my earliest convenience. Maybe. Actually... Gah. Stupid brain...

It all depends on whether M.M. would still technically be Dazed when Iron Shield triggers.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:17 am

Only daze I'm seeing is from Redirect Focus. Since you don't actually get knocked out if you use Iron Shield, daze and stun would still be active.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:48 am

Yup. Which means I can't recover from All Or Nothing and still have Drunken Thunderstorm. Trance will have to do... It's only 1 PiP less, still pretty awe inspiring.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:28 pm

TheCavalry wrote:Not completely sure if this is appropriate, but I was going to roll to see what Fairy knows about Bitter. I imagine there's stuff she probably knows just from living in the same town, and then there might be little things she's picked up during her time, which... I'm guessing would be a perception check.

I treat knowing/remembering things as a History/Academics check. As far as the roll itself, usually either Gafferbot is rolled in the OOC or an external roll system such as Invisible Castle is used.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:50 pm

*Pokes Crystalite*
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Tue May 06, 2014 8:32 pm

Waiting on TheCalvary but I may go ahead and update tomorrow.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Mon May 12, 2014 10:02 pm

So, should Winter roll academics check to not fail the test? Wink 
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Mon May 12, 2014 10:11 pm

I doubt he'll fail outright but might as well. Would also be a good time for a post getting into his head some more anyways.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Mon May 12, 2014 11:04 pm

Well. The failed rolls may prove to be rather fortuitous...

....There is an ambulance wagon, right?
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Mon May 12, 2014 11:10 pm

Is there?
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Tue May 13, 2014 12:22 am

.... I don't know. That would be why I'm asking you. :maud:
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Tue May 13, 2014 12:57 am

ZamuelNow wrote:Is there?

I'm going to interpret this as free reign to worldbuild and make my own ambulance.

EDIT: Put another way, dibs.

Last edited by sunbeam on Tue May 13, 2014 1:07 am; edited 1 time in total
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Tue May 13, 2014 1:02 am

My initial comment was mild trolling but I am allowing some worldbuilding leeway. That said, there's things to think about concerning the town. Granted, Marvel wouldn't know in-universe. Plus, I'm chuckling about something in the scene. Well, multiple somethings but there's one in particular.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Tue May 13, 2014 11:17 am

...Do I even want to know.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Tue May 13, 2014 12:38 pm

Question that I should not know the answer to just yet: Did Fluffy Crust move Fairy Charmer outside of her house before teleporting?

Question I should know the answer to right now: Has anybody ever died in Fluffy Crust's house, or come close to dieing? Has anybody ever been buried under rubble, or something?
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Tue May 13, 2014 1:05 pm

No deaths.  Generally just some sort of concussion or broken limb and rarely enough rubble to cover a pony.

I'll answer the first question since I'll allow you to follow through with entering her home.  Fluffy Crust did not move Fairy Charmer for fear of making it worse if something's broken.  If you're entering the house, Sunset Stroll needs to make the same rolls Fairy Charmer did.  Marvel does not have to make that roll.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Tue May 13, 2014 1:14 pm

If I pass the checks, I can just dodge a chunk of stone and carry one with whatever I was doing, right?

Actually, if I'm bent over Fairy Charmer, I'm not exactly going to dodge, am I?

also, this is going along at a high clip as it is, so I'm going to leave the arrival at the house to Crystalite instead of pressing forward with an extra paragraph right now. If Crystalite reads this after posting and we're not in the house yet, I'll take care of it.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Tue May 13, 2014 2:05 pm

sunbeam wrote:If I pass the checks, I can just dodge a chunk of stone and carry one with whatever I was doing, right?

Actually, if I'm bent over Fairy Charmer, I'm not exactly going to dodge, am I?

The check is soon as you cross the threshold. You can carry on if you do since Fairy Charmer is at the dining room table. And it's not so much of stone but ceiling.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Tue May 13, 2014 2:42 pm

I figured that if the ceiling kept trying to kill Fairy Charmer after she passed the threshold, then I would have to worry about that later too.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Tue May 13, 2014 5:05 pm

It's only two rolls--attempting to enter and attempting to leave.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Tue May 13, 2014 5:36 pm

sunbeam wrote:I figured that if the ceiling kept trying to kill Fairy Charmer after she passed the threshold, then I would have to worry about that later too.

A ceiling-based Random Encounter enemy?

Anyone else having Ultima flashbacks?
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Tue May 13, 2014 9:48 pm

Hey, I just went through the stat spreadsheet, and noticed, the stats for mechanics, reflex, and stealth are all jumbled.
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Tue May 13, 2014 9:52 pm

Ooh, I just noticed today that other people didn't have the same stat order that Sunset Stroll did, but I didn't catch the implications. I'll update it immediately.

EDIT: I think I caught everything. Feel free to check your stats against the table, if you want to be sure. Somehow, it looks like most of our averages went up, except might...which is being desperately held aloft by me and Fury...That is one strong colt.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 18 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13 ... 18  Next