Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sun Sets

+6
deonte9109
Fury of the Tempest
Copper Rose
A1C Bronymous
Paper Shadow
Cardbo
10 posters

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Sun Sets - Page 21 Empty Re: The Sun Sets

Post  Paper Shadow Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:04 am

Night Scales coughs to make her presence known...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:03 am

A1C Bronymous wrote:All you see is a blank wall. She doesn't seem very focused, just very still and spaced out. Maybe she's high. When you speak to her, she lazily looks at you, then nods and begins walking down the hall, opposite the way you came from.

When Storm and Juniper arrive at where ever they're going, Storm speaks up. "Juniper, dear. I'm afraid you are what's known in the medical field as 'not looking so well'. Is there a place where I could give you a quick medical exam?"

OOC: I'm assuming we stopped in front of the apothecary, and that Storm could find it again if he needed to.
Cardbo
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:56 pm

Scales:
The Inspector jumps, dropping the paper. "Oh, Night Scales. Sorry I mus not have noticed you there. Is there something I can do for you?"

Storm:
She takes you down the hall and leads you to another door that says "Authorized Access Only". Pushing it open, she leads you around a corner and to a larger room with shelves full with hundreds of small drawers in it. The room is labeled "Ingredient Samples". When you ask you question, she simply shakes her head, staring off into space again. She waits for you again, intending to move on and show you somewhere else.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:11 pm

A1C Bronymous wrote:Scales:
The Inspector jumps, dropping the paper. "Oh, Night Scales. Sorry I mus not have noticed you there. Is there something I can do for you?"

Storm:
She takes you down the hall and leads you to another door that says "Authorized Access Only". Pushing it open, she leads you around a corner and to a larger room with shelves full with hundreds of small drawers in it. The room is labeled "Ingredient Samples". When you ask you question,  she simply shakes her head, staring off into space again. She waits for you again, intending to move on and show you somewhere else.

"Well, alright." says Storm looking a bit worried.

Storm looks around for the Red Oak wood among the ingredient samples.

Coolness:

OOC:Looking for Red Oak Wood. I may be able to add +5 for FK for Potions, or Poison, or Labwork, but I'm not really sure, so I'll just roll normally.
Roll(1d20)+7:
16,+7
Total:23

Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:54 pm

You follow the shelves. They're conveniently organized- minerals, chemicals, plants. Plants breaks down into leaves, roots, fruit, seeds, wood. And there, third drawer from the bottom, with one 3 inch slat of wood in it, is the label Red Oak. The elusive final ingredient has been found.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:21 pm

A1C Bronymous wrote:You follow the shelves. They're conveniently organized- minerals, chemicals, plants. Plants breaks down into leaves, roots, fruit, seeds, wood. And there, third drawer from the bottom, with one 3 inch slat of wood in it, is the label Red Oak. The elusive final ingredient has been found.

Storm takes the Red Oak and places it in his saddlebag. He turns to Juniper and says "Lead on."
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:44 pm

She turns and begins walking again. The hallway she turns into has things that look like they would be patient rooms in a normal hospital. Most of the doors are open, but one of them is shut, the lights off inside.

Roll perception
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:58 pm

A1C Bronymous wrote:She turns and begins walking again. The hallway she turns into has things that look like they would be patient rooms in a normal hospital. Most of the doors are open, but one of them is shut, the lights off inside.

Roll perception

OOC: Perception.
Roll(1d20)+7:
4,+7
Total:11
Darn.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:40 pm

A1C Bronymous wrote:Scales:
"Just giving you the whats-up with Figure Fed. Guards decided to call his death an accident."
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:45 pm

Storm:
You don't notice anything interesting as you pass by the door.

Scales:
"Oh, alright then, excellent. Saves me a lot of trouble." He picks up the paper and puts it in his jacket pocket. "I don't believe I have any particular assignments for you, not while the Guard is here."

Meanwhile...

????:
You wake up, groggy, unsure of where you are.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Bubblez Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:47 pm

Sunburst groggily shifted in bed. Her head was swimming and thoughts jumbled as if thinking through cotton. Through the drowsy fog a single though emerged. Her nose itched. She reached up to scratch it- her hoof caught on something. Mumbling, she tried again with a bit more force, only for the hoof to catch again and she heard chains rattle.

This brought her out of her stupor, and the stupor was quickly replaced with panic.

"What?"

She tried withdrawing all her limbs, they all caught against the restraints.

"No no no no no no no..."

Sunburst began thrashing against the restraint to no avail, her wings reflexively tried to flare only to be restrained by a band around her barrel. The more the she struggled the more panicked she became. Between the panic and the dregs of the mental fog she could only lash out with brute strength. She coiled up her rear legs as far as the restraints would let her.

"GET OFF!"

And bucked the footboard of the bed with all the power she could muster.

Athletics to Buck the Bucking Footboard!:

Bubblez
Bubblez
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:53 pm

"Figured you wouldn't. You looking into something yourself?"
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:48 pm

Sunburst:
The headboard rattles with the kick, but doesn't break. The restraints holding you remain tight, but as your head begins to clear you can make out more of the room you're in. It's different from the last one you were in. Or at least, the last one you remember.

Scales:
"Uh, yes. It isn't something that merits an investigation right now though. Just something I'm curious about, and that the good Lieutenant won't afford me the ponypower to send someone to go check it out."
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:32 am

"Yeah, about the Lieutenant. What do you know about her?"
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:39 am

"She... is a Pegasus Corps Lieutenant from Canterlot. I don't know much else about her, just that she showed up with an official decree and took charge."
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:44 am

Scales nods. "Yeah, I know she's from Canterlot, but that's all I had. Just asking since she knew I was a peeper before I introduced myself."
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Bubblez Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:40 am

The kick did to one thing. It rattled Sunburst's head enough to clear the fog. The memories of how she got there- well, what happened before she was knocked out- returned.
"Why..." She sobbed quietly.
"WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS!!!" She yelled.
Sunburst thrashed uselessly against the restraints one or two more times before slumping back down.
"Why..." She blinked away tears. She sobbed a few more times and then took three deep breaths. Well they were supposed to be deep breaths, but they were actually closer to hyperventilating with how rapid they were.

It still served its purpose of collecting herself, Sunburst rubbed the tears onto her forelegs as best she could, scanned the room she was in and listened for what was outside.

Perception:
Bubblez
Bubblez
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:16 pm

Scales:
"She's rather sharp. Reads ponies well, knows what to look and listen for. She could probably tell you your mother maidens name after a chat about the weather." He chuckles a bit, then begins to walk past you. "If you'll excuse me Scales, I need to go try to coordinate with the investigating Guards about evidence collection and investigation consistency. As soldiers, they're a little poor at police work."

Sunburst:
The gag in your mouth muffles your scream quite a bit, and prevents any actual words. The room you are in is dark and small, but your eyes have adjusted. There's a counter on one side with a sink and a metal tray on it, cabinets above and below it. Th door is closed, but there is light shining through the cracks. You think you see the light shift, as if someone was moving past the door, but you cant be certain. Finally, ts apparent you are bound to a medical examination table of some sort.

Storm:
Your ear twitches when you think you hear something, but it might just be your imagination- until Juniper jerks her head around to look at the closed room you just walked past. She looks at it for a second, and then pushes you along again.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:35 pm

A1C Bronymous wrote:
Storm:
Your ear twitches when you think you hear something, but it might just be your imagination- until Juniper jerks her head around to look at the closed room you just walked past. She looks at it for a second, and then pushes you along again.

"Did you hear something? I thought heard something."
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:09 pm

Storm:
She shakes her head, more focused now than before. She leads you into another corridor, heading to a door with a sign that says "LAB".
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:51 pm

Storm enters the lab and takes a look a around.

OOC:Perception
Roll(1d20)+7:
3,+7
Total:10
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:06 pm

Lots of medical supplies, lots of equipment. Maybe not as much as at the clinic, but the general usage stuff. However, a lot of it seems to be rather dusty, not in use for some time. The sole exception of this is a simple metal box with a glass top, and a light hanging over it. You don't recognize it as any piece of medical equipment you've seen before. Juniper waits by the door again, looking over her shoulder.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:27 pm

A1C Bronymous wrote:Lots of medical supplies, lots of equipment. Maybe not as much as at the clinic, but the general usage stuff. However, a lot of it seems to be rather dusty, not in use for some time. The sole exception of this is a simple metal box with a glass top, and a light hanging over it. You don't recognize it as any piece of medical equipment you've seen before. Juniper waits by the door again, looking over her shoulder.

Stirn examines the metal box with glass top in closer detail. "I don't think I recognize this. Would you happen to know what this is?"

OOC:Perception. Is there a label on it? Applying FK Lab work
Roll(1d20)+12:
10,+12
Total:22

History: Storm racks his brain to try to think if he's seen this before. Applying FK Lab work
Roll(1d20)+12:
18,+12
Total:30
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:39 pm

There is no manufacturer's label or anything identifying what it is, and even in all you history as a Doctor, you've never seen one. A small plague on the front reads, "To my friend, Doctor Quick Fix- Because time is money." -JL.

Despite not knowing what it is, the glass and the bulb strike you as something like a projector, designed to show something. Other than that, though, its a mystery. Juniper remains quiet as usual, still watching behind her for something.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:37 pm

Storm hated the trial and error method, especially with an unknown device. So, keeping his head away from what he assumed to be the projector, he attempted to activate it.

OOC: Mechanics. Assuming this is lab equipment, so FK Lab Work would probably apply.
Roll(1d20)+12:
9,+12
Total:21
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next