Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sun Sets

+6
deonte9109
Fury of the Tempest
Copper Rose
A1C Bronymous
Paper Shadow
Cardbo
10 posters

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Sun Sets - Page 4 Empty Re: The Sun Sets

Post  Copper Rose Thu May 29, 2014 1:52 am

"All I know is that one moment I was going to the room next to this one to get some ink for a letter, and the next moment I was waking up on the ground with Storm right next to me." Bells says, looking at Storm to confirm her story.
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Thu May 29, 2014 1:59 am

"Wait back up, what explosion? Why did no one mention this before?" Cobalt directs his question to Scales.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Thu May 29, 2014 2:03 am

Not only being smart, but being an ex-guard himself, Gearick quickly deduced that this new pony was a member of the guard, or similar. Seeing the leash, he shook his head, wondering what difficulty the deer had gotten himself into. When there was the guard interrupted asking a question about the explosion, the unicorn spoke up. "An explosion occurred whilst Figure Head was attempting to make a cure for the virus, as it had been modified so the normal cure would not work. Sadly, that explosion claimed his life."
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Thu May 29, 2014 2:04 am

"I gave you the lay back at town hall that the witness said there was an explosion."
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Thu May 29, 2014 2:11 am

"You did?" Cobalt looks confused, but then shakes his head. "Must have misheard you or something. Apparently my guards didn't catch it either. An explosion is very hard to stage..." He looks at the collected faces. "Ok, so start from the beginning, what are you all doing in the house?"
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Thu May 29, 2014 2:18 am

"I have been here for the past month, studying local magic techniques under Figure Head's guidance." Bells says, letting some of her accent show in her voice.
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Thu May 29, 2014 2:27 am

"Well, I met everyone but Belles and Scales up in the mountains, and they decided to come back to this house as they seemed to be friends with Figure Head, but then the infected appeared and we ended up barricaded in here." Gearick said truthfully, there was a lot more to the story of course, but he didn't need to know that... still, Gearick needed to establish who he was, so he asked. "Quick question of my own Officer. What did the deer do to deserve the use of the M-313/B?"
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Thu May 29, 2014 2:51 am

Cobalt's ears twitch at Bells' enhanced accent. He is about to answer when Gearick cuts him off and steals his attention. "The M...? Oh, the Leash. He tried to walk out on this little session we're all having. And as I told them downstairs, as long as this town is under Martial Law, I am in charge, and you all do as your told." He looks back at Bells. "I think I remember someone saying you're foreign? What country?"
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Thu May 29, 2014 3:04 am

"Yes, we've been chasing leads as to a cure for the Blue Moon poison. When we returned to town, we were forced by the zombies to take refuge in this house."
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Thu May 29, 2014 7:40 pm

"I am from Baygee."
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Thu May 29, 2014 10:29 pm

"Mmm." he regards Storm, but keeps his eyes on Bells. "So, everyone except miss Baygan here just happened to come here, where Figure Head was already dead? And she was unconscious... And the "witness" here was the only one seen standing over the dead ponies outside, and ran when my guards questioned her. So..." his tone shifts, and Bells is surprised to hear her native tongue, spoken effortlessly. "<You and your friends are in a lot of trouble. I want you to tell me, without any falsehood, half truths, mixed words or hidden meanings, exactly what you have been doing in this house in the last 24 hours. I want to know how Figure Head and the two outside ended up dead, and I want to know who these ponies are and why they're here. NO lies. NO wrong answers. One of my Guards believed you, that means you've got something to go on. But I'm going to find out exactly what happened here, and if anything comes up black against what you've told me, then all of you are paying the consequences. And just so there isn't any outside help, we will be using Baygan. For ALL of it, Clear? Speak.>"

Skill challenge time. Cobalt has asked 3 questions, Bells must provide three answers (truthful or otherwise) along with a Persuasion check. 2/3 successful rolls are required to pass, and bonuses and penalties will be applied based on what is said, and how it is said.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Fri May 30, 2014 1:18 am

Bells gulps, then takes a deep breath and starts talking. "<The past 24 hours? Well, last night I was assisting Figure Head in his lab, while I took notes on his procedures. He was working on finding a cure for Blue Moon Poison until late at night, and when I left to get some sleep at midnight, he was still hard at work. In the morning when I went back to help him again, he made me leave the lab, saying I had incorrectly measured some liquids and he didn't want that happening again, especially at such a crucial point in his work. There was also some other stuff in there, but he was talking too fast and using too many unfamiliar words for me to understand. I went back to my room and decided to study some of my notes, then after a while I started writing a letter to my father. I ran out of ink, so I went to the next guest room to find a bottle of ink that was not empty. The next moment I was waking up in the doorway between the rooms with a terrible headache and Storm standing over me, and he told me that Figure Head had died in an explosion, and that the same explosion probably knocked me out. Must have been massive and at least partially magical if it knocked me out this far from his lab. It took me a while to get my thoughts straight again, so I went with Storm to help his friends, who had also entered the house to escape the zombies outside. One of them had gone into the tower while I was unconscious, the one place in this building I had never been before. Before we made it to the top, Scales knocked and I went to let her in. I then returned to the tower, and we entered the room at the top to find a mannequin monster eating Kanen, and of course we had to rescue him. When we got him out of the monster's maw, he was unconscious, and we eventually connected that to a chest puzzle set up by Figure Head that eventually led to us passing through a portal into the Void, where we battled some monsters and rescued the consciousness of the deer. Unfortunately, it seems that one of the monsters from the Void escaped before we could. I eventually figured out how to get out of the Void. I was the last one out, and I was out just in time to hear a loud shattering of glass. I went to investigate, and that is when two of your Guards noticed me, and assumed that I pushed the two ponies out of the window, as I was standing at the broken window the two ponies had apparently fallen through. At first I tried to talk to them, but when I realized they suspected me for the murder of those two ponies, I decided that the monster that had escaped the Void must have somehow been related to their deaths, and I went to investigate to prove my innocence. Unfortunately, the two guards mistook this for me running away from them and they pursued, and not wanting to get tackled I had to speed past any possible evidence, and I happened to duck into this room, which is where I've been staying the past month. I stopped behind the door because going through it would slow their momentum enough that they wouldn't tackle me or run into me if I suddenly stopped. They came in, we talked, and they put these cuffs on me and left. I got my cat to fiddle with them enough to give me just enough mobility to get to my notes, and after studying them for a bit I had Snuggles bring some notes to the others here, telling them to come talk to me. After I sent the second note, I had a knock at the door, and though I thought it was Storm, it turned out to be a zombie. I was unprepared, and it injured me internally before Dodger and I managed to get its head stuck in the ceiling, which is when Storm came in. We talked, he diagnosed my injury and recommended some rest, and he left with the zombie on his cloud. I followed the doctor's orders and took a nap, and then you came in. Really, I don't know much about these ponies except for their names and that they came here to escape the zombies outside, except for what Storm said just now.>" To those not fluent in the language, this probably sounds very much like she is singing a song.
Persuasion rolls:
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Fri May 30, 2014 2:40 am

Cobalt listens to the story without interrupting. He seems to casually accept the recounting of the previous day, rolling his eyes at the part where Bells is knocked unconscious. "Convenient," he says to himself. When Bells brings up the mannequin though, his face darkens, clearly disbelieving it- and as she continues to speak about the void and the monster that probably killed the two ponies, he shakes his head in disgust. Then when she starts speaking about dealing with the guards, he resumes his prior demeanor. When you finish, he waits for a moment. Then he turns around and speaks to Scales. "Well most of it sounds like absolute manure. Mannequins and voids and whatever else. But even if it is all made up, then she talks like she's insane enough to actually believe it. You're not with them, and you've been investigating. Do you think, from what you've seen, that any of these ponies murdered the victims?"

Skill Challenge Results:
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Fri May 30, 2014 3:08 am

Scales looks at the ponies. And looks at them more. Then bites her lower lip. From how they have acted towards her and where they've been during the events of what has went on, they all could have been involved with any of the killings, but just as easily not been involved with any. This was just like the problems her father gave her when training her; it could be anypony, but nothing concrete to cement the facts. "I..." She looked around with worry once more, before regaining her composure, "I haven't seen the other bodies. I want to give them the once over, get an idea of how they got chilled off, because at the moment, with what I've had a gander at, I think that any of these ponies, or deer, could have pulled it off. Maybe even in cahoots."
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Fri May 30, 2014 3:17 am

"If you doubt Bells' story, you could always check the portal to the Void on the first floor. It should still be open after all of this."
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Fri May 30, 2014 3:27 am

"Ground floor you mean." Gearick said in reply to Storm's comment before turning back to Scales. "But anyway, remember the portal you tried to stop me going though? That goes into the void, so you know where it is." After this, he turned to the guard, saying. "Additionally, why is only Bells testimony being taken? Aren't the rest of us allowed to speak? Not to mention I doubt you know who I am."
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Fri May 30, 2014 3:40 am

"You mean when you refused to answer my questions on what was going on?" responds the detective, "Why are you so keen to sing now when you didn't back then?"
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Fri May 30, 2014 3:49 am

"Because back then, the deer here, annoying and idiotic as he is, was in danger of dying." Gearick informed Scales when he asked why he was willing to talk now. "And not only do I not like death, but as member of the royal guard, it is my duty to do whatever is in my powerful to prevent the death of other sentient beings. No matter how stupid or annoying they may be."
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Fri May 30, 2014 3:58 am

Paper Shadow wrote:"You mean when you refused to answer my questions on what was going on?" responds the detective, "Why are you so keen to sing now when you didn't back then?"

"Tell me Scales, did you at any time identify yourself as member of the police force? Did you have a search warrant? I don't believe you did. As Gearick mentioned, we had more pressing concerns at the time, and you were just an obstacle."
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Fri May 30, 2014 8:37 pm

"OK!" Cobalt snaps, shouting over the rest. "Now EVERYONE gets to SHUT UP, or I leash you all! I believe I only asked for one other opinion. You." He now points at Gearick. "You said you're guard? You don't look like one. If you can show me some ID, and prove it, then this might turn this little situation around. Because for right now, I haven't seen anything that really decides this one way or the other. You all. ALL." He looks at Scales as well, "Are going to stay here. You are not under arrest, but you need to stay. I'm going to have a look around. I'm going to look at everyone for everything. You're a guard, show me ID, and then I'll have more questions for you. One of you will show me this so called void, and the mannequin monster, and the rest will remain under Detective Scales' supervision. Then I'll have a look at the bodies. Detective." He says all but leaving the room as he waves her over. In a hushed voice, he says, "I'm not a cop. I don't know that I can make a call on this without strong evidence one way or the other. It'll be up to you to decide what goes here. But for now, just keep them in line, an I'll come to you with what I have."  To everyone else: "Get comfortable, this isn't going to be quick."

Starting Now, extended rest is happening. Cobalt will be roaming the house, looking things over, checking stuff, etc. You may all continue to speak to him now, and it will be assumed that the speaking is done over the course of the rest. Anything you may have wanted to do, like a trip to the void, will have to be played out under his supervision, but the Resting will still basically count, unless you do something that would clearly cancel it.

You should all now take the opportunity to update sheets appropriately (remember, still using Legacy Racials), and congratulations, you have now leveled up.

I don't quite remember what level you were already at, but it's that plus 1.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Fri May 30, 2014 8:56 pm

Gearick quickly focused his attention onto his ID, which had been magically imprinted onto his left shoulder like all other guards. Once it had become visible, Gearick stepped forwards and turned so the other guard could see it, saying. "Here's my ID." Not needing to say anything else or do anything else to proof that he was a member of the guard.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sat May 31, 2014 5:38 am

Cobalt looks over Gearick's imprint. "Fair enough. Any reason you didn't bring it up before? As in, immediately?"
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sat May 31, 2014 10:18 am

"Wasn't sure if it was going to be necessary." Gearick said honestly, letting the imprint to fade away whilst he was speaking to Cobalt. "That and you were kinda busy interogating the others and I didn't want to interrupt."
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sat May 31, 2014 6:03 pm

"Probably could have saved your whole group some trouble if you had piped up with 'I'm a Guard, and we didn't do it.' Not saying it makes you innocent, but it might have kept me from this whole investigation. Of course now it just seems like another thing you were hiding. If you'd LIKE, though, you can accompany me and better explain your version of events as we go."
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sat May 31, 2014 6:17 pm

"The only difference from meeting me till now in terms of investigation is interrogating Bells here, and as she is the witness, I'm pretty certain that you would of asked for her side of events anyhow." Gearick said, even as he did climb to his feet in response to the guard's suggestion. "But yes, I'll come with you."
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next