Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP (thread 2)

+4
sunbeam
Fury of the Tempest
Crystalite
ZamuelNow
8 posters

Page 5 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13 ... 22  Next

Go down

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP (thread 2) - Page 5 Empty Re: Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP (thread 2)

Post  Crystalite Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:02 am

Sobana wrote:Nightshade replies to Hector

"Well, that is good to hear. I mean you let some of your team mates plummet to their deaths and some ponies just can't let that go."

"'Plummet to my death', she says," Hector replied, making a point of stretching his wings out as he said so. "You're funny, y'know that?"

sunbeam wrote:Grease spits, and the glob of sparks dances along the concrete floor for a few moments. Then a spark passes between his eyebrows, and he sighs. "All in favor of ignoring the most psychotic rookie yet? So, the monocle of the Insightful Dragon. Gearick, did you read up on what it does before you realized it was gone?"

"Does it really matter?" Hector asked the dragon. "We need to be asking 'Who took it?' and 'Where is it now?' before we worry too much about the thing itself."
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP (thread 2) - Page 5 Empty Re: Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP (thread 2)

Post  sunbeam Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:58 am

Grease nods. "Fair point. It's not like they'd let me use it for anything anyhow." He then turns to Ruby Blossom. "I'm sorry, I forgot about you in the wake of all that. I'm Grease the mechanic. What exactly do you do?" He pauses for a moment, then grins a little and finishes his statement with "Old Bean."
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Sobana Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:05 pm

Nightshade continues to pace around the room.

"Rookie? Isn't he just the cutest thing ever."

She stops in front a blank wall and stares intensely at it for a moment. Then says to herself.

"The Insightful Dragon? Isn't that the thing that allows it's user to read the dragonic language? A novel trinket at best and meaningless without text for it to translate. Not even that rare. It shouldn't even merit our attention. Or was that the Dragonsoul? No, the Dragonsoul was the thing that steals the essence of a dragon. I already have one of those in my collection."

Turns top the group.

"Anyone wanna trade for a Dragonsoul for a muffin? I missed breakfast and I'm kinda hungry... No wait, in fact, I had a complete breakfast before coming here and couldn't take another bite. Thanks for the offer tho."

She then walks over to a potted plant and fiddles with it as if she is investigating it.
Sobana
Sobana
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:34 pm

Brisk Iron calmly walked into the room with a folder tucked under her wing. "We have a lot to cover and not much time.  Grease, could you please lock the door?"
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:38 pm

"Fused or unfused?" Grease says, jumping and catching the latch as he falls.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:59 pm

I keep a keen eye, and keener mind, old sport! And much more besides!

Ruby gives a good natured chuckle at the light ribbing on her accent. She keeps an eye on the new arrival as Trotson hides shyly between her forelegs.

"And this must be the commander for this operation! Well now, let's see just what we've gotten ourselves into?"

She thinks to herself as she listens quietly.
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

http://askdarknebula.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:15 pm

"I'd like to be able to open the door again thank you.

There is more than one dilemma at hoof.  Due to this, we will have Major Delight assisting us.  The first is the matter of the Monocle of the Blind Dragon.  I believe the theft of the decoy is due to a former STOMP member, Mul Braynor.  He used to be an excellent explorer but he let greed and ambition get the better of him.  He attempted to kill the team with a cave in but gravity saw to his demise.  Unfortunately, he had the last laugh.  He figured out a way to tamper with the mass teleport spell and left several of us...injured.  It's subtle but my wings aren't the same size anymore and I've had to adjust flight for the rest of my life.  His betrayal is one of the things that led to a lot of our modern security protocol.  While I thought he was dead, something always nagged at me.  So the Monocle of the Blind Dragon, the artifact we recovered on his last expedition, was hidden away.  The fact that the decoy was the only thing stolen and that the attack on the base caved in the tunnel to the teleporter room feels like it's him or someone who is carrying out his wishes after the fact."
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:08 pm

"So he's either still alive or lives on in someone's memory. While we continue, what skills was Braynor assigned to the team for?" Grease asks curiously.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:33 pm

"His original designation was as a navigator and "survivor". Very much the classic adventurer. Over time, he showed that he was very much a jack of all trades with his only glaring flaws being the lack of flight or overt magical ability."
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Sobana Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:11 am

Nightshade leaves the potted plant alone and listens to Brisk as she walks in.

"Security protocol? That might explain why I have been finding all these hidden arcane sentry runes all over the room. I have been systematically disabling them for you. It's a free courtesy I do at no additional cost."

She causally walks to the other side of the room.

"Why would Mr. Mul break into a vault fulled with relics of unimaginable destructive power only to steal this one object?"

She ponders for a bit.

"He must need it for something really important. He must of thought it would give him some kind of advantage over all the other things he could of taken. We could just ask him what he intended to do with it once he comes back. I mean once he founds out he has a decoy he will come back for the real thing for sure. But I can't imagine someone as skilled as him resorting to the same tricks as before that would easily give away his identity. I mean why give up the advantage of everyone thinking he was dead?"
Sobana
Sobana
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:56 pm

"This one artifact has the ability to find others. I'm assuming the reason he sent somepony else, if it is him, was because he didn't want to be on site himself. Plus, I wonder about his state of life based on the description of one of the ones who detained Silver Swirl."
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:57 pm

"Detained?" Grease scrunches his eyebrows together, and a spark passes between them. "Oh. I wouldn't have called that detainment. Are you thinking of the Mad Hatter or the Blind Gryphon? Both seemed to be in rather debased states."
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Sobana Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:24 pm

A shiny that detects other shinies? That is ingenious!

She says with approval.

"If we have someone else that knows where this guy is we should ask them. I'm sure if we trade them a tasty snack they will tell us. I know I would."
Sobana
Sobana
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:39 am

Gearick decided he would do his best to ignore the insane nature of his new teammates, and focus on what was really important... the pony behind all this, the sabotage of the teleportation room, and the stealing of a powerful artifact.... which luckily, was a decoy. “From the sounds of it... he’s going to be difficult to take on...” The unicorn said thoughtfully, looking into the distance as he thought. “Especially if he managed to pull this off... he’s probably well prepared...” Turning to Brisk Iron, he asked. “I assume we have a lead on where he might be?”
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:47 pm

"Nightshade, I suggest you take a seat for your own benefit.  As far as leads, that's what the decoy will be.  It will serve as a tracker, which reveals that so far they haven't tried to use it yet.  

...what do you mean by Mad Hatter, Grease?"
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:14 pm

"Skale and I discussed a certain mare seen on the base. Supposedly a big hoodoo voodoo unicorn. When Insaw her, she reminded me of a character from Lewis Maroll; and so, for lack of a better name, we agreed to call her Mad Hatter."
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Sobana Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:31 pm

Looks at Brisk Iron and shrugs

"Whatever you say. You're the boss."

Trots over to a chair and sits down.

"You know, if they blew up the teleportaion room they must of wanted to make a quick escape and not to be followed. My arrival must of accelerated their plans. Who could blame them? They must of heard I was coming and they feared a real tussle."

She does a few quick jabs in the air to show her fighting prowess.

"If you want I could hook up a sigil on the teleportion room that if they try to use it again it will send them to a containment cell of your choosing or if you want the bottom of a volcano. That is of course unless... unless this is a swivel chairs."

She looks under the chair.

"It is! Eee-hee-heee-aha ha ha ha ha~"

She starts to rapidly spin in the chair.
Sobana
Sobana
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:18 pm

Brisk Iron waves a wing and the chair suddenly magnetically locks, causing Nightshade to slide off. "The hallway leading to it was blown up. The room itself is still intact. Regardless, she teleported out with her own ability. Also, there are to never be any sigils placed in the teleporter room."
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Sobana Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:37 pm

Nightshade falls to the floor in a dizzy daze.

"Sure thing... boss... room spinning... gonna be sick... uhha."

She lays on the floor motionless for the time being.
Sobana
Sobana
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:34 am

Major Delight swiftly stood up an walked to the front, The other issue is a matter of global importance.  Due to other matters, I've been tasked with recruiting explorers and this lot fits the bill.  We believe to have found a temple which may contain the Wand of Eternal Skies.  So I'm seeking volunteers to help retrieve it.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:10 am

Hector raised an eyebrow. "'Eternal Skies'? Explain?"
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:59 am

"So Mul Braynor is a lot like Tilde. There's not much we can do except keep an eye out for him." Grease says, leaning back on his tail. "Major? Is that in the equestrian army? Eh, it makes no matter. I'm in."
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:49 am

Ruby stands back a bit for her part, watching the antics of her new teammates and employer. Her ear twitching slightly whenever some new bit of information is brought up as she mulls it over in her head.

History rolls!:
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

http://askdarknebula.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sobana Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:37 pm

While laying face down Nightshade raises her hoof up and says in a some what obstructed voice

"Ancient ruined temple? Relic of unspeakable destruction? Count me in."

She then lets her hoof drop to the floor.
Sobana
Sobana
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:39 pm

OOC:

Major Delight winced a bit when Tilde was mentioned but otherwise responded to Hector, I'll admit, I do get tired of the ancients being needlessly poetic and not getting to the point.  The Wand of Eternal Skies allows a single pony to control the sun and moon, along with all of the accompanying phases regardless of type or power.  The wand is also supposedly attached to time magic.  The wand is obviously dangerous on a grand scale but most texts seem to downplay the direct danger compared to other dangerous artifacts.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13 ... 22  Next