Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wanderlust: Equestrian Nights - Play By Post (Recruiting!)

+8
mjh6
Elacular
tygerburningbright
A1C Bronymous
Dusk Raven
Copper Rose
Xel Unknown
Crystalite
12 posters

Page 7 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Wanderlust: Equestrian Nights - Play By Post (Recruiting!)  - Page 7 Empty Re: Wanderlust: Equestrian Nights - Play By Post (Recruiting!)

Post  sunbeam Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:17 am

I do not feel comfortable with that sort of power and kind of want to jump to when we're all eating and chatting.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Wanderlust: Equestrian Nights - Play By Post (Recruiting!)  - Page 7 Empty Re: Wanderlust: Equestrian Nights - Play By Post (Recruiting!)

Post  Crystalite Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:41 am

Then go ahead and do that.

The reason I'm giving you this power is because I don't want to interrupt your discussions meaninglessly, and trust you enough to not do anything I'm going to especially care about.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Telebiscuit Jen Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:58 pm

Um, yeah. I don't really know what we'd be even doing with the NPCs. The only thing I can think of is the Twins talking to the cakes about their own twins, but I think really that could be put into a post once we've gotten our food and stuff.
Telebiscuit Jen
Telebiscuit Jen
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:10 pm

*sigh*

You don't understand. You're not supposed to be talking to them directly; if you wanted to, then in that case yes, I would take care of it. Right now, they're just getting your lunch; I don't feel like I should have to make an individual post describing this process.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Telebiscuit Jen Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:52 pm

Oh. Then I have no idea what actually we're doing, so I'm going to go post a thing, and you can tell me if its right or not.
Telebiscuit Jen
Telebiscuit Jen
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:09 pm

Hi everypony. Since you've been playing the system for several months now, I'd be very interested in hearing how it's played. What's working well, what are the rough patches, things you particularly like or bug you... Etc. You can PM your responses to me (since I"m sure Crystallite would prefer this chat be kept on topic).

Telebiscuit Jen wrote:Actually I was referring to the two character sheets I had to build this weekend. Such a chore.

And of course now I'm leveling up characters that don't really belong to me in a system I'm not familiar with. Gurk!

EDIT: also I have a question. Was it a thing I read somewhere that you could trade out Exalted points for Novice points? Because I have one left over that I can't use.

Not sure if you got this answered already, but the relevant text is here.

Exalted and Legendary Ability Points
As you gain levels, you will also get Exalted and Legendary Ability Points. Just as Novice Ability Points can be used to purchase Novice Abilities, Exalted Ability Points can be used to purchase Exalted Abilities (though not Legendary ones). Finally, Legendary Ability Points can be used to purchase the incredible powerful Legendary abilities. In addition, you can spend 1 Exalted Ability Point to get 2 bonus Novice Ability Points, and you can spend 2 Legendary Ability Points to get 3 Exalted Ability Points, or 1 Legendary Ability Point to get 3 Novice Ability Points. However, Novice Ability Points cannot be turned into Exalted Ability Points and neither type can be turned into the mighty Legendary Ability Points.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Telebiscuit Jen Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:49 pm

Thanks, someone did answer it already. Also, they all may have been playing it for a bit, but I just started, so I don't really have any feedback to give.
Telebiscuit Jen
Telebiscuit Jen
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:21 am

Stairc -Dan Felder wrote:Hi everypony. Since you've been playing the system for several months now, I'd be very interested in hearing how it's played. What's working well, what are the rough patches, things you particularly like or bug you... Etc. You can PM your responses to me (since I"m sure Crystallite would prefer this chat be kept on topic).

Actually, I wouldn't mind hearing this bit, it's okay if the OOC topic gets a bit cluttered. Now would also be a good time to give some feedback on my GMing skills (I know I messed up at least twice where I maybe could've done better, did anyone else notice anything?)
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:51 am

Okay, so you wanted in-character reasons for what I'm going to take for my abilities and traits, right?

Well, I've got two abilities I've got my eye on - Teleportation and Stealth Mode, reproduced below:

Spoiler:

Reasons for those are simple - Teleportation is a skill advanced unicorn mages can learn, while Stealth Mode would be a refinement of his current Hide in Plain Sight ability.

Now, the traits are a little trickier. I want to take Wild Power, which will represent Wandering Eye becoming a conduit of power from the Beyond:

Spoiler:

However, it's 4 trait points, so I won't be able to get it until next level. In the meantime, I'd like to have a trait to make me a little more effective in combat. I will eventually trade this trait away, however, so it should be something that would naturally "evolve" into Wild Power. I'm thinking Chaos Armor:

Spoiler:

Thoughts?
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:55 am

The flavor seems pretty darn strong, and those choices are sweet. I'd forgotten all about chaos armor. Rolling a 12 on that feels mighty fine.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:46 pm

I have a heck of a day ahead of me tomorrow,I'm prepping for it now, so I'm probably going to write my justification of level-up post after most of that happens. Just carry on to the practice field without waiting for any acknowledgement from Bubbling Springs.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:14 am

Dusk Raven wrote:Okay, so you wanted in-character reasons for what I'm going to take for my abilities and traits, right?

Well, I've got two abilities I've got my eye on - Teleportation and Stealth Mode, reproduced below:

Spoiler:

Reasons for those are simple - Teleportation is a skill advanced unicorn mages can learn, while Stealth Mode would be a refinement of his current Hide in Plain Sight ability.

Now, the traits are a little trickier. I want to take Wild Power, which will represent Wandering Eye becoming a conduit of power from the Beyond:

Spoiler:

However, it's 4 trait points, so I won't be able to get it until next level. In the meantime, I'd like to have a trait to make me a little more effective in combat. I will eventually trade this trait away, however, so it should be something that would naturally "evolve" into Wild Power. I'm thinking Chaos Armor:

Spoiler:

Thoughts?

Sounds good to me. I bet the Steam Twins would flip to see it happen at the practice field.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:44 pm

I feel the need to mention:

Crystalite wrote:Water Drop has quick eyes, but Lavender and her bunnies are faster: she loses track almost immediately.

All of the bunnies show up the same under Glowing Soft's scan.

This isn't me saying "Nope, can't tell!" This is a hint.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Telebiscuit Jen Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:29 pm

Yeah but...

I'm really bad at hints...
Telebiscuit Jen
Telebiscuit Jen
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:45 pm

Ah well. Maybe you'll figure it out, maybe you won't. Doesn't matter in this case, though.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Telebiscuit Jen Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:30 pm

Ok then...
Telebiscuit Jen
Telebiscuit Jen
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:53 pm

It's been a while since anyone posted (Except Sunbeam, because reasons).

...Do I need to make something happen? I can do that if need be.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Telebiscuit Jen Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:23 pm

I posted last, I'm waiting on a response. If you wanna make something happen, then that's fine with me.
Telebiscuit Jen
Telebiscuit Jen
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:41 pm

Holy crap, I missed stuff. Sorry.

Dusk Raven wrote:I'm assuming the dummy gets no turn.

... I wanted to make a fight out of this. I really did. But, you know, I just can't make this a convincing combat right now.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:51 pm

Lavender's perception:
9+6=15

Teddy's Perception
5+15=20

The joys of having a Companion
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:39 pm

Crystalite wrote:Holy crap, I missed stuff. Sorry.

Dusk Raven wrote:I'm assuming the dummy gets no turn.

... I wanted to make a fight out of this. I really did. But, you know, I just can't make this a convincing combat right now.

I'm sorry, I can retcon the second and third turns if you like, or you can inject its turns between mine. I just assumed you didn't have any plans for it, since I waited for a little bit before beginning and there was nothing.
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:31 pm

Not what I meant, although the gesture is appreciated. I didn't plan far enough in advance, and I can't make myself build some decent stats for it.

Dusk Raven wrote:She's (Telebiscuit) not going to be posting for a few days, possibly. She might post in EN, but no promises.

In light of this, I'm going to send some results to that Perception Check.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Telebiscuit Jen Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:35 am

Hey, sorry I went missing for a bit. Personal thing.
Telebiscuit Jen
Telebiscuit Jen
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:23 pm

Not a problem. A slight problem.

I would like to get the plot moving again: I will be time-skipping to boarding the train tomorrow evening. You guys have until then to make sure you have everything you want to bring with you. (I do not need a moment-by-moment description here: think of this as "montage mode".)
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:59 pm

sunbeam wrote:"I set things on fire."

You WHAT!? Correction: you can set things on fire. I have played the pyromaniac, and Bubbles is no pyromaniac. Clearly you need to meet up with Sergeant Pyro so he can burn the difference in Twisted Evil

Anyways. Does anyone want things to happen on the train, or shall we move on to Fillydelphia?
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next