Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wanderlust: Equestrian Nights - Play By Post (Recruiting!)

+8
mjh6
Elacular
tygerburningbright
A1C Bronymous
Dusk Raven
Copper Rose
Xel Unknown
Crystalite
12 posters

Page 9 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Wanderlust: Equestrian Nights - Play By Post (Recruiting!)  - Page 9 Empty Re: Wanderlust: Equestrian Nights - Play By Post (Recruiting!)

Post  Crystalite Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:10 am

Telebiscuit Jen wrote:"Heeeeeey, Lusty!"

I can't stop laughing at this.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Wanderlust: Equestrian Nights - Play By Post (Recruiting!)  - Page 9 Empty Re: Wanderlust: Equestrian Nights - Play By Post (Recruiting!)

Post  Crystalite Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:07 am

Sorry that took so long! Past few days have been crazy.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:20 am

Look at me! I'm triple posting!

Anyways. I have written myself into a slight corner, and I need a little time to hammer my way out of it. In the meanwhile, I need an answer: I have left you guys with a clear adventure hook: taking it is optional, but which route you go impacts how I hammer my way out, so a quick show of hooves would be nice.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Telebiscuit Jen Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:29 pm

Uh... and what are the two options, then?
Telebiscuit Jen
Telebiscuit Jen
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:17 am

You either investigate what's behind the door, or leave it be. If the latter, then Taffy comes back and reassures you it's nothing. If you investigate, it won't be nothing.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Telebiscuit Jen Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:17 am

....Well I wanna open the door.

Except I just had them say they don't want to open the door....
Telebiscuit Jen
Telebiscuit Jen
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:56 am

You understand my dillema then.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:11 pm

Sure, Skype sounds fun.
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:34 pm

Huzzah! Things are happening again!
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:10 pm

May Lavender roll initiative?
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:49 pm

You know, I completely missed that post, and was about to move on until Sunbeam pointed it out. Derp.

I will give you the same oppurtunity that Bubbling Spring had: i.e., roll Reflex, and if you beat 15 then roll initiative.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:23 pm

Okay, lets roll:
6+4=10

Eenope.
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:34 pm

Why does she have to roll reflex? She's not being jumped.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:01 am

No, but she is (or tried) reacting to that jump.

Mostly I don't feel like running a combat right now, especially since (as you shall see soon) she's not just beating you up flat out.

EDIT: I have received word from mjh6... And I regret to announce she has elected to leave the game. Lavender will be making an exit post, at which point I will be recruiting again.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:00 am

New law of the universe: If Bubbling Spring likes you, you disappear.

What's the ground I'm on feel like? Is it squishy and wet or tough and dry? Does it slope down into the water or is it flat? Also, I clearly can't see the ceiling, but does it look like I'm on a tiny island, or is my landing space attached to the wall, or am I just on an infinite plane, with water on one side, land on the other, and a homicidal pegasus above me?
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Telebiscuit Jen Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:31 pm

I guess I don't really have anything to post until Wandering does something.
Telebiscuit Jen
Telebiscuit Jen
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:06 pm

So I thought Mint Jewel was directly overhead, and not across the river. So tell me if this still sounds doable, from an angle-and-distance sort of perspective:
-Air blast her into the water
-flash-freeze her into a large ice cube (rolling Arcana for that, preferrably leaving her head exposed)
-Continue the conversation with a considerably different balance of power.

Functional? I know it's stupid to attack her right now, but if you want reasons you should let him do it and ask him yourself. You can always just say it's not geometrically feasible, at which point he never would have conceived of it.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:13 am

It's possible, but unlikely.

Neverminding (hopefully) obvious social consequences. Assuming Mint either does nothing or gets crap rolls, your airblast would slam her into the wall... BUT, the slope is pretty muddy, so she could end up in the river anyways. This would, however, be difficult enough to require it's own Arcana check (especially as this plan does bend what Airblast is supposed to do a little bit - which I'm fine with, but it shouldn't just be automatic.)

Once in the river (assuming she gets there) you would then need two more checks - an Arcana check to freeze her properly, and a Reflex check to do it before she can scramble out of the water (Or, alternatively, a single, much harder Arcana check). And you plan to do this while cold, battered, and bruised, which I haven't assigned obvious disadvantages to but it is affecting the situation.

TL;DR: You can try, but it ain't gonna be easy.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:20 am

Nevermind, then. However, question: How is it stretching the limits of airblast? All I'm doing is aiming it down (and a little to the left) instead of up, which you already explicitly okayed, and my plan was to catch her in the air, not just knock her over the open water. Also, where did the wall come into this? I want to blast her directly into the water, which has the poetic effect of simulating a harsh drop into a smaller well. I also figured that aside from knocking the breath out of her, I would also force her under at least a little bit, giving me a more time than the simple speed of reaction to freeze her.

I should've known Icecraft would come in handy.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:36 am

Didn't catch the part where you're hitting her midair, my bad. It's not about the direction, physics wise, but the intended purpose of the talent, since you are now trying to force someone else (Mint Jewel) in a particular direction she doesn't want to go in (Towards the river, or the wall, or wherever), which she should therefore have a chance to resist, thus making a skill check neccessary.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:39 am

Fair enough. I think the sample situation you okayed involved a diving pegasus and that didn't come up, so I figured there wouldn't be much chance for resistance. I would be happy to expend both air blasts to really muck her up. In fact, now that she's on the ground, wings folded, it might actually be easier with two air blasts: one over the lake, one straight into the water while she's reorienting...

It's mostly just that Bubbling Spring is getting sick of her sense of superiority, and the conversation in general. They don't need to kill him, just stick him a cold, damp, room like this with a bad conversation partner, and he'll take himself out of the equation.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:21 pm

Okay, here's the deal.

It should be pretty obvious by now that Romance/Comedy was meant to be a Lavender plotline. He is now useless for this purpose. I could repurpose him, but it would take either a not-insignificant retcon, or some significant additional planning for a character I no longer feel very invested in. I can repurpose him, in which case something will be going quite wrong soon, or I can exit him, in which case we will do a slight wrap up of the current events and I will try and nudge you in Bubbling Spring's direction.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:28 pm

Hmm, I'd probably lean towards giving him a graceful exit.

Why'd mj leave, anyway?
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:07 am

Really, if he stays with them until they meet Bubbling Springs, they can all discover Lavender's disappearance together, and Bubbling can sort of muscle him out anyways. End Result, RomCom disappears into the aether in search of Lavender and is never heard from again.
In other news...
Crystalite wrote:
You also notice that your ice barrier is starting to crack under the pressure of the river, which Mint Jewel appears to be oblivious of.

Ice barrier? What ice barrier? The upstream one I climbed over is the only one I think I've made recently.

Also, I feel like the s-o-l part of the post is missing a few words. I can't make heads or tails of it, and there doesn't seem to be a question involved.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Telebiscuit Jen Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:59 am

I didn't even know Lavender was out of the game....
Telebiscuit Jen
Telebiscuit Jen
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next