Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hope's Refraction [OCC/All Slots Filled]

+4
Caden2112
tygerburningbright
TheCavalry
Dream Axis
8 posters

Page 4 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next

Go down

Hope's Refraction [OCC/All Slots Filled] - Page 4 Empty Re: Hope's Refraction [OCC/All Slots Filled]

Post  Dream Axis Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:56 pm

Cavalry: i see no problem with this, one thing i will say is that golden desire will have put dragon-pony on your letter, but i forgot to put that on my original post so that's my fault.

Il allow that house rule request of using all 8 moves regardless of spell book.

I think i have everything now apart for tygers and furys backstory's, so when we get them we are good to go.

Now, before we start, i will allow you to roll a streetwise check to see what you know about golden desire and his party's beyond what i have already told you.

P.S: if you don't have a image please describe your character
Dream Axis
Dream Axis
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Hope's Refraction [OCC/All Slots Filled] - Page 4 Empty Re: Hope's Refraction [OCC/All Slots Filled]

Post  Xel Unknown Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:01 pm

Another suggestion: Instead of taking Yee-Haw you could maybe take Scent Tracker & the Custom talent that Paper Shadow made... THE HUNT! (assuming that Dream allows such a custom talent)

Scent Tracker (1) - At Will
You can pick up a person’s scent off of an object they have worn or held. You gain a +5 bonus to tracking that creature, until their trail crosses water, is washed away by rain or encounters any other circumstance that would mask or remove scents.

The Hunt! (2)
Prerequisites: Scent Tracker, Watching Like A Hawk
Whenever you pick up a creature’s scent with Scent Tracker, you may use Watching Like A Hawk on the creature as if you had sight on them. This works even if the creature has since washed away or masked their scent.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:08 pm

Xel: Alright. I can't edit right now, but I'll swap out Yee-haw for something else; not sure what, but I admit, I like how the combo of herd mentality and most dependable is working for Compass, so I might stick with that.
Or scent-tracker. I admit, I'm not sure how dragons hunt so... who's to say it's not by smell?

Dream: Actually, I'll talk to you about the letter if you don't mind. If it fits Golden, I'd kind of like her letter to just be directed to a Pony, since it kind of fits the arc I want to take her on, with her trying to prove that just because she has hooves and a mane doesn't make her less of a dragon.

Also:
Streetwise [8] + d20[9] = 17
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Dream Axis Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:16 pm

I did say that as long as you ran custom ability's past me it would be fine, so it would be fine.

Cavalry: its fine to have the letter addressed to a pony if you wish.

also last thing, i will give you your streetwise info when i post the introduction post.
Dream Axis
Dream Axis
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:43 pm

Dream Axis wrote:
I think i have everything now apart for tygers and furys backstory's, so when we get them we are good to go.

I did my backstory a while ago... its on the sheet
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Dream Axis Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:34 pm

Apparently i missed it, so sorry about that.

Just waiting on fury's now.
Dream Axis
Dream Axis
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:04 am

Update!

I've finally got an opportunity to edit my sheet, so I'll replace Yee-haw with the hunting combo Xel suggested. Any other suggestions from you guys?
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:46 am

Ah... I should have my character's background done by today. Sorry for the wait.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Dream Axis Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:16 pm

ok, will post the intro as soon as i get a chance then.

Though random question does anyone have any idea's why changeling's have holes? natural or the result of starvation for example?
Dream Axis
Dream Axis
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:24 pm

Err... I for one always thought a Changeling's holes were a natural body feature that isn't a sign of health whatsoever. But that's just my personal headcanon on the issue.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Dream Axis Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:31 pm

something set my thought process off, basically why does a race of natural shape shifters have holes on there bodies unless it was because they dint have enough mass to go around?
Dream Axis
Dream Axis
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:36 pm

To reduce the amount of body mass needed to cast an illusion over/shapeshift
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:13 pm

Updated my sheet, including some item tweaks. I figure having a buffer to reduce damage I call on myself would be useful.

Anyway... If I recall correctly, E3 Changelings don't have the holes, so...
My head canon is that the rot holes are a sign that they don't fit with the moral of the universe. They are "wrong", and it reflects in their apperance. I think the trope for that is called Fisher King.
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:06 pm

Character' background complete
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Dream Axis Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:06 pm

ok, intro has been posted, link to both forums has been put in my signature as to reduce hassle from getting from one to the other.

for some reason i had a bit of a last minute writers block when it came to the intro and im still not happy with it but it is however about time we kicked things off, so i hope its aright for you all.

P.S i had storm and soft-scales arrive together since you put it in your back story, if there is any reason not to do let me know and i will fix it.
Dream Axis
Dream Axis
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:51 pm

AHH DAM IT ANOTHER USER OF THE PAINFUL YELLOW TONE!
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:22 pm

My answer delves a bit into my headcanon regarding them...Essentially, I figure that changelings can feed off any emotion, love being the best one for them (Well, would you rather the mcdonald's hamburger of fear and shame or the ribeye and baked potato of love? Razz) ...This in mind, their default appearance is designed to provoke an emotional reaction; that is, fear, disgust, something. The holes are because "What the crap is with their legs" can add to that reaction.
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:52 am

Thanks Cav for turning to Green... But that shade still is too bright... The Brighter tones need to be highlighted in order to read I personally find... So yeah.

Maybe you could try one of the following readable (too me) collors: Color A (ffcc66) or Color B (cccc00)
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:40 pm

YAY! Now is the time of the GM post to advancement of plotness!
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:06 pm

POSTING ORDER FOR THE NEXT SIX POSTS... (because I am bored and need to do stuff to pass the time)

Copper Rose ==> TheCavalry ==> (me) ==> Caden2112 ==> tygerburningbright ==> fury of the tempest
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Dream Axis Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:15 pm

Apologies xel, i just meant that the first person to post enters the compartment first, fell free to post whenever you feel like it.
Seeing as cavalry and fury's character enter together it doesn't make much sense otherwise.
Dream Axis
Dream Axis
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:18 pm

Oh... Derp... I misunderstand that OOC note then. XD
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:33 pm

Sooo... Late arrival. Sorry about that! I'll post soon, with the colors Xel suggested.

...and I can't believe I didn't realise each password was our element  Me damn it, Twi 
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Dream Axis Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:21 pm

Xel: id assume it there would be certain tells that would allow one changing to recognise another, however id also think this would be different for eatch particular hive.

It also occurrs to me that if I let one changling be able to tell another apart from a regular pony, it would throw things off if I ever wanted to use changlings in this campaign.
Dream Axis
Dream Axis
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:27 pm

Not really... You can have it be that like... Oh I don't know Hidden Gem's disguise is so badly made that any changeling can tell she's not a normal pony. But it DOES hide the fact she is a spiderling... Depends on what Caden thinks & junk... Cause I totally want to have our characters team up as this silly team name that's so silly I'm hiding it from those you aren't logged in:
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next